Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Crossing the street is far less treacherous now that I have a Second Heart cyberwear, and the thing that reduces all cyberwear cooldowns by 30%. I basically never really die any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is there some trick with sandevistan mods? I've got a couple of cyberware items that say that they augment sandevistan and are tagged as mods, but can't seem to install them either as cyberware or as mods. Do they only apply to certain types of sandevistan augs?
I only use decks outside of a cheap berserker so my athletics doesn't take 18 trillion years, but that sounds like-
A: Various wikis claim there is at LEAST one nervous system cybernetic which is a buff to Sandevistan rather than doing anything itself (Nervous system slots are mostly 'bullet time when spotted or dodging. unlock air dodge, etc' passives)
B: Maybe higher grade Sandevistan OS cybernetics have mod slots on them like punch arms do?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it's too bad the story precludes going full meat body

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

VectorSigma posted:

And there is no downside to to full chroming your entire body even though the plot and entire settings are based around the downsides to chroming your entire body lol

Its funny because bionic eyes are one of the least necessary cybernetics. The game explains that you can literally wear a visor for the same effect. Also makes you wonder why you can't do all of the scanner features just using your cyberbrain, like running someone through the police database, or identifying devices. What do the cyber eyes do .... extra zoom?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is there some trick with sandevistan mods? I've got a couple of cyberware items that say that they augment sandevistan and are tagged as mods, but can't seem to install them either as cyberware or as mods. Do they only apply to certain types of sandevistan augs?

does your sandevistan have mod slots? I know the higher level ones (purple and orange) do, but not sure about the lower level.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

VectorSigma posted:

One really good way to balance hacking would be a certain number of actual organic non-cyber people around, just enough to make it complicated.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mr. Pool posted:

And there is no downside to to full chroming your entire body even though the plot and entire settings are based around the downsides to chroming your entire body lol

Its funny because bionic eyes are one of the least necessary cybernetics. The game explains that you can literally wear a visor for the same effect. Also makes you wonder why you can't do all of the scanner features just using your cyberbrain, like running someone through the police database, or identifying devices. What do the cyber eyes do .... extra zoom?
And YET, we can't make ourselves garishly gold cyber gods wearing silk robes like even some random NPC citizens on the street will do.

Cyber-psycho only exists to show "Look how society pushed this person too far" and "Punish the player for trying to be as powerful as all these mega cyborgs you throw at them" anyways. Like how Vampires can be literally Joseph Stalin (was secretly a vampire) flaunting all the terrible poo poo they do, but if your vampire accidentally kills a hobo while draining their blood you immediately start suffering side effects.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 30, 2020

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

does your sandevistan have mod slots? I know the higher level ones (purple and orange) do, but not sure about the lower level.

Yeah I've just got the green one, I think that must be it. I guess in retrospect that's obvious, but it's not very clear from the UI. Also seems weird that the green sandveistan wouldn't have at least one mod slot

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

The lack of enemy variety (and functional combat AI, which hopefully they or modders fix...) is a big bummer. Game definitely needs more organics and robots and crazy Maelstrom monstrosities. The gangs fighting more or less the same is disappointing.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One really good way to balance hacking would be a certain number of actual organic non-cyber people around, just enough to make it complicated.

I think when you scan some people it does say "no cyberware installed" and those are the ones you can't do breach protocol on. Can still cast spells on them though for some reason.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Mr. Pool posted:

Yeah I gotta agree. It seems obvious that chroming yourself has benefits, but should make you more vulnerable to enemy hackers. Like sure I've got some sweet new cyber legs, but that means someone can turn off my legs remotely now.

The tabeltop game makes you lose "humanity" with every piece of hardware installed, but the system isn't really fleshed out. maybe it's more robust in Red, but idk

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/608

quote:

Cyberpunk2077 CameraTools v102
Features
===========
- Camera control: In-game and in photomode (1st person or drone)
- FoV control (FoV control only when camera is enabled)
- Free unlimited camera movement and rotation
- Time of Day control
- HUD toggle (Photomode and Gameplay)
- Wetness control on the streets/objects
- Puddle control of puddles of water on the streets
- Timestop / Frameskip
- Hotsampling (resize the game window to any resolution)
- Configurable keybindings

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 30, 2020

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

can't hack cops, though they aren't much of a threat if you cyberninja yourself onto a roof or go around a corner

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Section Z posted:

And YET, we can't make ourselves garishly gold cyber gods wearing silk robes like even some random NPC citizens on the street will do.

Cyber-psycho only exists to show "Look how society pushed this person too far" and "Punish the player for trying to be as powerful as all these mega cyborgs you throw at them" anyways. Like how Vampires can be literally Joseph Stalin (was secretly a vampire) flaunting all the terrible poo poo they do, but if your vampire accidentally kills a hobo while draining their blood you immediately start suffering side effects.

TFW cannot activate Lizzy Wizzy mode

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
So, thinking about the endings and future DLC.

There's only two endings where V is dead without an engram having been created, either shooting yourself on the roof or dying in the solo attempt on Arasaka Tower. Given that both of these endings are obvious bad ends, I think there's a real possibility we get DLC that takes place after the ending. The commonality across all these remaining endings is that V is without a functional body, either literally if V travels with Alt beyond the Blackwall or is imprisoned in Mikoshi or figuratively with the dying body in the Afterlife, leaving Arasaka and Aldecados endings.

It also seems to be that Mr. Blue Eyes is a natural fit for each of these endings. We know from the Afterlife ending that he has some long shot possible solution for V. My guess is that this solution is unique to Mr. Blue Eyes, so when the Aldecados chase down those leads they'll probably lead back to him as well. With the Arasaka ending, whatever this solution is would be valuable to Arasaka and they would gladly use V to get to it. It would be perfectly in character for Arasaka to pull you out of Mikoshi and dump you back into your dying body as motivation to help it uncover whatever it is Mr. Blue Eyes is up to.

Traveling beyond the Blackwall is a little more speculative. Johnny suspects that whoever is tampering with the Peralez' is an AI from beyond the Blackwall and Mr. Blue Eyes appears in the distance while this conversation is happening. It also does not seem that this AI has any connection with Alt. So, it's something that Alt may have interest in. It's wild speculation on my part, but my guess is that Alt, with the data on the relic V has from Hellman, will be able to put V back into a body. I'll go even further and speculate that it will be a SOMA situation, with this V being a copy of the engram as it was created the moment Alt used Soulkiller, with the other V, if that V is still distinct from Alt, directing the new V towards Mr. Blue Eyes.

So, excepting the "suicide" endings, there's a pretty reasonable path to get V to the space station heist. And the differences in each shouldn't be any more complicated than the different lifepaths. They'll each open differently then the heist itself will be largely the same with some dialog variation and then the finale will see different possible endings. That's my wishful thinking, at least.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

McKilligan posted:

[*]Encounters that took Stealthy Hacker V 20-30 minutes to meticulously dismantle now take 2 minutes when you don't give a poo poo about being discovered. It's very cathartic to go through some of the early encounters from my first playthrough that I had to reload multiple times and just take everyone apart with my fists.

The flipside is that if you're doing stealth you can quicksave after each takedown, versus once you're detected you can't save until you've taken the whole place down, and if you die you have to start all over.

Feels fair to me.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

stratdax posted:

I think when you scan some people it does say "no cyberware installed" and those are the ones you can't do breach protocol on. Can still cast spells on them though for some reason.

I think its because basically everyone has cyberbrain implants and most quickhacks target those. It would be cool to see some simple reactivity like they see one guy get brainhacked so they set their brains in lockdown mode so they can't get hacked but then they lose comms, and you can start picking them off and they try to open their ports to get a quick sitrep -> get hacked, etc.

Also was kinda surprised there is no opportunity to hack enemy smart guns and vice versa, would be funny to see them fire half a clip at you and you just make the bullets do a u-turn into their face.

And for as much as they like to borrow from previous books/movies/games I thought they were gonna have at least one Inception based heist, considering all the brain dancing you do in the game. Drug a corpo and scroll a seamless BD that tricks him into thinking hes awake and get him to up the secret codes to the macguffin !

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

stratdax posted:

There's also people who are "offline" and they're people you can't do breach protocol on, but can use cyberhacks on. (Kinda makes sense?)

No Cyberware usually means you can use stuff like Ping or Whistle but not stuff like Deactivate Cyberware

What's funny is how Deactivate Optics works on everybody

But I can accept that even people who are 'ganic still have a brain hookup for that sweet internet, and that's what you're hacking into not actually their eyes themselves.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Crossing the street is far less treacherous now that I have a Second Heart cyberwear, and the thing that reduces all cyberwear cooldowns by 30%. I basically never really die any more

I just double jump over the streets now, it's great.

Edit: Also got a sandstorm while doing a random mission that took me out near the protein farms, it's great because it made my visual draw distance the exact same as the mini map. :yum:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i can cross rivers with the kerenzikov glitch, the hover legs, and a good runway

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Delizin posted:

This picture probably belongs in the OP. Based on the some previous posts, I think people need a reference.

Firstborn posted:

I agree that it should be in the OP, but you should photoshop the names to be reversed

p.s. sign my petition to put a guy who says he keeps accidently having sex with men in the DLC

:hmmyes:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

i wasnt paying attention and suddenly im having sex with a dude

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

please stop hacking my brain

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Mr. Pool posted:

The plot isn't murky because we're bumping up against the mysteries of consciousness, its confusing because so many characters are deliberately or accidentally telling you falsehoods while the script weaves around cut content and oversights and its hard to tell the difference between the two. I'm just trying to find a way that the story is coherent based on the setting and its own internal rules. The best I can come up with is Either Alt did not get Johnny off the chip and a copy of Johnny went with her into the AI beyond , and hes still on the chip, killing you. This is unlikely since we don't get any Johnny visits in the Epilogue. So that means she *did* get Johnny off the chip. So what happened is that she hit you with Soulkiller and (erased?) your brain, taking its data and digitizing it, wiped the chip, and the *reloaded* the chip with digitized V and set it to colonize your brain like Johnny was doing. Trouble is she says your brain is too damaged at this point, and its rejecting digital V. But this begs the question *what* is rejecting V? their biological tissue? which still at some level operates based on data, data which gives it a reference point to know that the new V engram is wrong and should be altered or rejected. So that means that Soulkiller didn't really wipe all traces of original V? So in that case the outcome should be that (biological?) (original?) V ends up with a different version of himself as the brain ghost where Johnny was and argues with him and poo poo. And later content could explore just how much these two entities diverge! Now that would be a good and hosed up ending lol. As it stands though, Johnny is out, there is only one V personality (presumably this is digitized V)but you are still on biochip life support due to all the wear and tear I guess. So for moving all of heaven and earth, and Alt doing a digital brainclone and transplant you've bought a few extra months of life or somesuch. I think the ending would have been *more impactful* if they actually just said that outright, like Alt tells V this isn't going to save you all I can do is buy you a small amount of time. And then you as V, ever the bold risk-taker, can *knowingly* take that deal to try and double down on a few months of life and keep fighting for a full recovery, apart from other endings options that lead to your death or to digital purgatory. As it stands, the player has no idea what kinda choice they or Johnny are making which makes it pretty hard to RP.

ending spoilers and I do think this is about how you view consciousness. I think the lore was clear and most of the confusion comes from Johnny and V muddling through things above their paygrade.

There's no "getting off the chip" with the way the game views consciousness through Alt who is the character that actually understands what is going on (having made Soulkiller and is now a mega AI brain). Alt made a copy of Johnny and spun it up in cyberspace. Since it's a perfect copy it doesn't know there was a chip copy that 'died' ala every discussion about Star Trek transporters. Whether this is cloning or something more nebulous depends on believing there is some kinda soul/weird energy/whatever peaking out through your eyes and it understands it wants to follow the data to the new version. Otherwise the original whatever that was peaking out of V and Johnny's eyes is dead or dying while new copies ponder what to do. Based on the info on Soulkiller its unambiguous the V you've been playing is dead when the cyberspace shenanigans start. This is why when Alt explains her solution originally V calls it another death sentence. Since it's all just data Alt has no problem splitting the engram from the bio chip into two copied engrams. The original biochipped brain has been deep formatted and they are arguing whether to copy back the V clone engram or the Johnny clone engram.

The problem with copying back actually has nothing to do with V's body or either engram it is the biochip. You can't just copy the engram to a brain (you need the biochip) and the biochip is not a stock biochip but a special Johnny one that will not accept the V engram. The body will die if they try to replace the biochip with another one as they've said throughout the game. That's why they can copy V's engram to a new body which is basically the ending with V riding off into cyberspace with Alt but V considers this as 'dying' even though Alt doesn't.

The game has random musings about this sort of thing peppered through the game in Johnny and V dialogues so it really doesn't come out of no where. A significant refrain in the game is wtf makes you you.

There is some dodginess in the ending both from how V/Johnny view this (being muddled on it) and just some gently caress ups in the writing. Alt does keep saying they are both dumb and don't really understand but :shrug: at the bickering and why Alt doesn't really care that they can't copy the V engram to a particular body. It also almost seems like there are some bugs/lines cut if you are playing as Johnny when you make your choice. I dunno why V is trying to stop Johnny from copying V back to her body as you walk along the bridge while talking as if Johnny is taking something from her. It'd make sense if she was arguing that Johnny should take her body but she's upset with 'dying' and so something is wrong here.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I've just met Panam and we've gone to get her poo poo back, rig the power thingy up and ambush the bad guys. I got rid of them, some stuff happened and now we've just shot down the flying thingy.

I cannot for the life of me understand how people entertain romance with her because gently caress that bitch so hard I cannot wait to get rid of her and I'm very disappointed that a grenade thrown in the hotel room after she goes to sleep wouldn't kill her the same way I killed the grenade-for-a-nose Bozo as soon as I was done with him but couldn't shoot him (the grenade thankfully didn't obey the don't-shoot rule).

Thankfully, Judy sent a nice message in between all of this to remind me there's someone whom I care about.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bronze Fonz posted:

I've just met Panam and we've gone to get her poo poo back, rig the power thingy up and ambush the bad guys. I got rid of them, some stuff happened and now we've just shot down the flying thingy.

I cannot for the life of me understand how people entertain romance with her because gently caress that bitch so hard I cannot wait to get rid of her and I'm very disappointed that a grenade thrown in the hotel room after she goes to sleep wouldn't kill her the same way I killed the grenade-for-a-nose Bozo as soon as I was done with him but couldn't shoot him (the grenade thankfully didn't obey the don't-shoot rule).

Thankfully, Judy sent a nice message in between all of this to remind me there's someone whom I care about.

Normal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Panam is cool she gave me a cool as hell sniper rifle too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The vaguely homophobic guy from earlier got banned and a month off, I wonder how the violently misogynistic guy will go? :allears: *remembers the Games moderators of yore, including Axe "human female toilet" maniac and Louis "insane post your Fiery Fatty tits modchallenge" God* Err, never mind.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Section Z posted:

I only use decks outside of a cheap berserker so my athletics doesn't take 18 trillion years, but that sounds like-
A: Various wikis claim there is at LEAST one nervous system cybernetic which is a buff to Sandevistan rather than doing anything itself (Nervous system slots are mostly 'bullet time when spotted or dodging. unlock air dodge, etc' passives)
B: Maybe higher grade Sandevistan OS cybernetics have mod slots on them like punch arms do?

They do. The orange one has 3 slots I think?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I was mousing over some ending spoilers and DLC speculation since I'd already finished a run with the Aldecado's ending but who is Mr. Blue Eyes? Someone from a different ending? Side quest? Someone my eyes glazed over completely?

EDIT: What broken tags I never make tag mistakes nope neeeeever Sorry itry!

Artelier fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 30, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Is this useful for photomode only, or can you actually play the game with it?

Artelier posted:

I was mousing over some ending spoilers and DLC speculation since I'd already finished a run with the Aldecado's ending but who is Mr. Blue Eyes? Someone from a different ending? Side quest? Someone my eyes glazed over completely?

It's an NPC you can meet if you (ending spoiler) go back to your body and stay in Night City.

Edit: your broken tag broke my tags :arghfist:

itry fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 30, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Artelier posted:

Morgan Blackhand

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In a stunning victory for vanity a save editor has been released with a method for changing any item into a legendary item with max mod slots

https://github.com/PixelRick/CyberpunkSaveEditor/releases

Then follow this instructional video and look however you like while still being stupidly overpowered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cinrl7K1bU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Morgan Blackhand

seemingly it's his engram like how Johnny was preserved. They couldn't let any of the legends die. I wonder if asaka made it too

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

FuzzySlippers posted:

There is some dodginess in the ending both from how V/Johnny view this (being muddled on it) and just some gently caress ups in the writing. Alt does keep saying they are both dumb and don't really understand but :shrug: at the bickering and why Alt doesn't really care that they can't copy the V engram to a particular body. It also almost seems like there are some bugs/lines cut if you are playing as Johnny when you make your choice. I dunno why V is trying to stop Johnny from copying V back to her body as you walk along the bridge while talking as if Johnny is taking something from her. It'd make sense if she was arguing that Johnny should take her body but she's upset with 'dying' and so something is wrong here.

at least in my game, it was definitely V arguing that Johnny should take the body which was very weird.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Panam is cool she gave me a cool as hell sniper rifle too

I already have weapons and hacks to get me through anything, I couldn't care less about her stupid car nor why I'm supposed to give a gently caress about someone whom from the start made it clear I should've seen it as an avoidable side quest. Her storyline cannot end soon enough.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there a way to take 4K screenshots at the moment of capturing it? Like, the game runs at 1080 or 1440 in the photo mode, and only when I hit Capture it will scale up to 4K, and save it as 4K?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

FuzzySlippers posted:

seemingly it's his engram like how Johnny was preserved. They couldn't let any of the legends die. I wonder if asaka made it too

could also be a proxy, which is what I’m leaning towards

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

ded posted:

i wasnt paying attention and suddenly im having sex with a dude

I did the same thing, its not gay if you don't push back :v:

wonder if Morgan Blackhand will appear in DLC, I think he fights Smasher in Arasaka tower could be after the cut when he jumps down to fight Johnny

VoLaTiLe fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Bronze Fonz posted:

Sounds like Panam made you want to Delta