Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have never stopped for a red traffic light in a video game and never will. The mere suggestion that I should is deeply insulting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Are you kidding? Half my immersion comes from reaching an objective, then driving around for 20 minutes at 5 miles an hour trying to find suitable parking that isn’t 250+ meters away. City living!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

The speed limit is a reasonable 40 in the city. Stop exaggerating.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Artelier posted:

I sure would drive super slowly and carefully if everyone could get guns everywhere, yes

Also if traffic violations can be a capital offense.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That explains the harness. All that rear end inside her jeans is keeping the game from splitting apart at the seams.

Panam wins best romance just by virtue of all her quests being the most fun. The others are all kind miserable and/or boring. I'm just plain gonna ignore everything about River from now on. Sorry kid, but you're uncle is too boring. RIP.

My theory is that Panam has practical butt implants to make driving for long periods of time more comfortable.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Is the game playable yet?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

lemonadesweetheart posted:

The speed limit is a reasonable 40 in the city. Stop exaggerating.
40mph is a slow walk in video game speeds.

Collateral posted:

It’s totally fine on the PC. I have almost no complaints about its performance and its bugs are amusing at worst. It has a bunch of gameplay things I don’t care for, but that’s different.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Collateral posted:

On next-gen consoles and PC? Yes, although there are large swathes of game systems that are visibly unfinished.

On PS4 and XB1? Legally no lmao.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

When driving in a video game I consider it deeply shameful to ever let go of the accelerator.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is 5 the maximum amount of quickhacks you can have at once? Where can I find stuff like weapon mod craft specs? I'm still only level 20 with 9 technical ability so its not urgent but I'd like to be able to craft my own silencers etc

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Number of quickhacks depends on your deck. I think the top-tier ones can hold 6.

I've never seen a crafting spec for weapon accessories, but you can always swap them onto your new gun so you don't really need one.
Crafting specs for weapon mods are occasionally sold by weapon merchants. Mostly Crunch and Oebetrator.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Ya'll concerned with who is mr. blue eyes, but missing an even stranger character:
Who is the fat guy in a trilby playing guitar? He's appearing in multiple places - next to fistfight in Kabuki, in Heywood guitar store and some other places on a couch. He also plays all 4 melodies - chippin in, pon pon, Kerry's yacht tune and Witcher 3 one.

The Lone Badger posted:

When driving in a video game I consider it deeply shameful to ever let go of the accelerator.

Yes, Carmageddon school of driving - hold the accelerator, slam the handbreak to get into turns, if anyone is in the way just run them over.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 30, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

TheRat posted:

Who the gently caress hates Panam?

I hate her hair.

:smug:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Pyromancer posted:

Ya'll concerned with who is mr. blue eyes, but missing an even stranger character:
Who is the fat guy in a trilby playing guitar? He's appearing in multiple places - next to fistfight in Kabuki, in Heywood guitar store and some other places on a couch. He also plays all 4 melodies - chippin in, pon pon, Kerry's yacht tune and Witcher 3 one.

Yes, Carmageddon school of driving - hold the accelerator, slam the handbreak to get into turns, if anyone is in the way just run them over.

They are all just the cat wearing a costume.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I've finally been making some headway in this game over the past week, and holy poo poo with enough perks invested and legendary quick hacks, enemies just become non-existent. I'm at the point where I just roll up to the location of an objective, ping the first baddie I see, then then tag everyone through walls with Contagion, Short Circuit and System Reset. The entire place is cleared in less than 10 seconds, letting me waltz in as I please.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
How did you all modify the prototype shingen: mark v? I was thinking just damage mods, but it doesn't seem to actually change the damage on it.

(Like the numbers in the inventory screen go up, but the damage it outputs seems to be the same)

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 30, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Number of quickhacks depends on your deck. I think the top-tier ones can hold 6.

I've never seen a crafting spec for weapon accessories, but you can always swap them onto your new gun so you don't really need one.
Crafting specs for weapon mods are occasionally sold by weapon merchants. Mostly Crunch and Oebetrator.

how do i remove mods from stuff lol i've only been able to swap them out as far as i can tell

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Extortionist posted:

Yeah, after a day or two.
Thanks, I think I'll just skip forward until he calls then because I'm not doing the cookie cutter jobs to kill time any more.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, when you ride with an NPC driver their cornering etc is bizarrely precise. However, they actually put their foot down, unlike all the rest of the traffic. Especially going around corners, it feels like they’re going about 5 mph.
It's really distracting. Your first ride you don't notice it from the back seat but after that it feels like you're on rails, and the drivers look really weird during it.

TheRat posted:

Thirty goons who play a female V

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TheRat posted:

Hate is too strong a word.

My first meeting with her was not celebrated, because I found she a bit too intense.

I use to like "rebel womens", but after some experiences I could see the downsides of that type of character.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm also not a huge fan of Panam yet, but I think that's because if you take the "actually im just doing this job, chill" dialogue options, the conversation whiplashes back and forth. My V who is in a relationship with Judy said for no reason, "I'm crazy about you" tucked into another dialogue that the option choice was just like "really, that's your plan?"

Her quests are like an NCIS plot or something. The way the exposition of the Tech is handled here is not very engaging at all. Between the technobabble, the oscillating personality (when selecting non-thirst dialogue options), and the manic speed at which V allies with her, it reminds me a lot of like... the quirky Bethesda writing when they are trying to endear a character to you. Like Moira in 3.

My opinion will probably be different next run when I explore her romance, but yeah. Her VA is also serviceable but not stellar (see: Dex).

Her quests made my game bug forever through reloads where it still shows the tank controls for her turret on my screen forever. I turned off "Game Hints" in the interface just to get rid of it. She gave my V's UI an STD.

E: Judy on the other hand feels incredibly well written, voiced, and the emotion in her quests is way better despite the fridging of Ev and the way that was handled

E2: Also kinda miffed that you get a few anemic Nomad options with her... I was able to ask her what the most interesting thing she ever smuggled was, for example, but also have to say "I'll leave driving to the pros" because she's the official Nomad here. :shrug:

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 30, 2020

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Collateral posted:

On the PS5 it seems to crash every hour to 2 hours.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is rogue just extremely buggy for everyone? she kept repeating dialogue in the flashback and just now picked up a drink with it way off to one side of her hand before warping to way off the other side when putting it down lol

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Friendship ended with Apparition, now Crash is my best friend. *pff:wom:!* :commissar:

I can't fathom why CDPR didn't make fixing the ADS weapon charging bug a priority in the initial hotfixes, though. drat that's starting to get annoying.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 30, 2020

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Is there a big list of all the perks and things that are broken?

After being all excited buying the Memory Boost that gives 3 RAM when you defeat an enemy, I discovered that I actually get 1 RAM when I defeat an enemy. :eng99:

I'm not sure if it's broken by itself or if because I have the perk Forget-Me-Not (Eliminating a target affected by a quickhack instantly recovers 1 RAM unit(s)) it's overwriting it with a shittier version of itself instead of stacking to form an awesome version of themselves.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SplitSoul posted:

I can't fathom why CDPR didn't make fixing the ADS weapon charging bug a priority in the initial hotfixes, though. drat that's starting to get annoying.

What is the bug?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

This felt like a missed plot flag or something because Johnny and I got along great and we always agreed that V should have the body.

It was the correct thing on my playtrough.
I rushed to the "give the body to johnny" option, and I did not paid attention to jonny, because once I made the decisions, it was sure it was the right one.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

:hmmyes:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Bought a berserk (the cheapest, body is only 6) and tried the superhero landing, but my landings just don't do any damage at all to anyone. What's going on :confused:

I'm activating berserk, then double jumping from a high point, V does the whole "fist into ground" animation thing and all that, but... nothing happens

Do the enemies need to already be in combat or something

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mesadoram posted:

What is the bug?

Shooting while aiming and charging weapons randomly stops working, which you invariably discover in the middle of a firefight, and only reloading the save fixes it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Artelier posted:

Is there a way to take 4K screenshots at the moment of capturing it? Like, the game runs at 1080 or 1440 in the photo mode, and only when I hit Capture it will scale up to 4K, and save it as 4K?

I'd love this, if when I hit Take Screenshot it maxed out all the settings for a split second

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SplitSoul posted:

Shooting while aiming and charging weapons randomly stops working, which you invariably discover in the middle of a firefight, and only reloading the save fixes it.

Ahh yes, that happened to me when I used the tech shotgun. Super annoying.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

2house2fly posted:

I'd love this, if when I hit Take Screenshot it maxed out all the settings for a split second

It's a little more involved, but I think this might work.

https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/releases/tag/CP102

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I'm one of those that don't like Panam, Her schemes are nuts and she drags her "family" into it despite risks. when they give her leadership rights they play as a "she was right all along" but it was pure loving luck and the whole situation is batshit. and when doing the Aldecaldos ending it definitely feels more fleshed out than most endings but Panam still is woefully unprepared for her situation. gently caress she fails to understand why Mitch needs to go back to help because of her personal interest in the safety of those directly in front of her. The first playthrough I stopped before the tank mission because I couldn't tolerate her insane decisions and flip flopping anger when someone even remotely challenges her ideas. She behaves like a 15 year old with only her own self interest in mind and it drove me nuts. Second playthrough I pushed through it just to see the Aldecaldos ending, but the game pretending to redeem her doesn't actually redeem her.

Every character has their flaws, but hers are as me me me as my toddler.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If Saul wanted people to listen to him then he should have been a smokin' hot slow-walkin' bazooka babe.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
In between crashes, this seems like one of the best games I've played in a while. Kinda worry it will impress me less on a second or third playthrough, but as it stands, I really enjoy it and it makes me wanna experience the other/earlier iterations of the IP.

I'm really taking my time with the game, though. Considering how playing longer than like two hours makes my game crash, I've made my sessions shorter than usual, usually stopping after two crashes or about 4-6 hours. I'm not saying the crashes are good in how they pace me--just that they do put a limit on my pace of advancement through the game.

It's a drat fuckin shame it doesn't run a little more flawlessly. Game seems to have insane potential, hampered by a badly botched roll-out

Edit: for the record, ps pro. So could run better, could run worse.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 30, 2020

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
WALK

DON'T WALK

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Panam is good.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Collateral posted:

I got it day one on PC and have only had one crash, at the end of character creation. Your mileage may vary; I've seen people post patch 1.05 say they were still having frequent issues and other people saying 1.05 caused them to start having issues. But in general it seems perfectly playable for most on PC and on next-gen consoles. If you have a PS4 or Xbone, probably save this game until you upgrade

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

Never lift

There's also Nvidia Ansel which is presumably more supported: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/ansel/

What I'd like to do is get RTX enabled on a Pascal card (1070) for the photo mode. Is there a hack for this yet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there anything to use quickhack parts for once you've crafted all of them? Or can I just sell them now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Keep your foot on the chooh