Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sooooo you guys are telling me this isn't a life changing never ending experience that turns the industry on its head, it's merely a video game? What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Gabe tripped a cable bumbling around the office don't worry guys

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Can't wait to be a corpo she hulk with a penis

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So if it says it's still downloading but there's no internet speed but disk usage is up does that mean it's unpacking? Haven't bought a PC game in a while

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I must be lucky, 7 straight hours playing and only a few graphical glitches. Haven't played a game that much in one sitting in a long time, it's really fun. It's also packed full of systems and characters and quests, I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be to have had to review this game in a tight timeframe. I felt some serious fatigue trying to take it all in and getting lost in some of the finer points in the plot, but I can take a break at least and let my brain rest.

The level of detail in the animation is incredible. It's not quite TLOU2 but it's close, which is insane for such a massive world. Every character is really well realized.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How do you guys even access nvidia control panel? All I can find is geforce experience. I've tried hunting for what to download but all I can find is an outdated app on windows store

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

You're interpreting the date wrong. The Windows Store version is the one you want if you have a current driver, it's not outdated. The Windows Store only lists the publishing date the application was initially put in the Store, not the publishing date of the current version.

Clicking on it it would say "this app doesn't support your current driver"

THAT SAID thank you goons, I did find it finally from some tips in here and the game looks so much crispier

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

A year ago I was so onboard the hype train that I wanted to buy CD Projekt Red stock, and the only reason why I didnt is because I didnt want to deal with foreign stock markets. Talk about a blessing in disguise.

Buy it now that it's dipped genius

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rinkles posted:

i mean if their version of GTAO takes off...

Buy the rumor, sell the news. The rumor will be CYBERPUNK MULTIPLAYER WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT MULTIPLAYER and it's cheap right now. You know it'll happen, gamers are dumb.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Launching on 5 platforms at once is a pretty insane feat tbh

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Thanks!

It's funny how they ignored so many major command rebinds for keyboard and quality of life things on PC just to deliver a 15fps experience on the consoles they originally targeted.

CDPR's priorities are so hosed and I'm not seeing here anything that necessitated death marching their employees for this bullshit. Sheer loving incompetence on their managements part.

All the art, assets and work is just so top notch but the game itself is such a loving mess. There was no reason for the crunch and it was obviously just massive incompetence in time management.

Jim Sterling alt spotted

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ngl I wish the lead was as strong as Geralt or Adam Jensen. Don't really care for the whiny punk leads, yes I get the irony

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I like to imagine that in a grand comedy of errors they completely forgot to add changing your hair until they read someone say it on Twitter

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I was excited for this game and am fortunate enough that I can run it, but now that I'm at the (heavily telegraphed) end I must say I'm really not having fun. It's not just the bugs causing weird poo poo every few minutes (at least they're funny!), it's the lame rear end story and characters.

This game in a nutshell is an Assassin's Creed map(if it took 8 years instead of 1-2 to develop, and none of the fun movement) plus all the worst parts of GTA and Borderlands (edgy dialogue!! Constant lovely loot!). Sprinkle in driving and hacking straight out of Watchdogs and you've got the game!

The city feels dead,, the characters are unengaging (the worst being Silver hand, a Tyler Durden wannabe that the developers don't seem to know is full of poo poo), your guns and armor never get cool, you never feel like your presence grows, gunplay is average, hacking is average, every element of the game is only up to a passable level of execution. Nothing feels like it's the future, like the dissonance of watching an 80s movie that starts with "LA, 1997" in 2020.

I do not think this is all CDPRs fault. Adapting to covid is a real son of a bitch and testing is a nightmare.. But man, this game needed rewrites all over the place. I've never been embarrassed or annoyed by swearing quite like I was in this game. Like I'm just tired of hearing people say gently caress all the time.

In my play through there was no insight, no thought, two things I have found in all of CDPRs games. It constantly feels like there's about to be some flavor, but, just like drinking a La Croix it is all bubbles. I thought we'd get some classic cyberpunk thoughts on individuality, what humanity is, or a vision of the effect of digital interconnectivity. I kept waiting to see the part that made me say 'ah! This is why CDPR wanted to tell this story! this is what drew them to the material!" It felt like chasing shadows. I still don't know.

My adventure through the city didn't feel very important. I don't need a game to pat me on the head, I just thought there would be like, I dunno, missions with some weight to them? Instead it's mostly 'go here and shoot a few guys, read their emails'. Nothing feels very 'epic' about it. So it fails at being intriguing, and fails at being a set piece blockbuster.

I'll replay it in a few months I'm sure, and hope CDPR does ok recovering from this shoddy launch.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jeff Fatwood posted:

CDPR stock plunged over 20% value on market open this morning over the PSN pull. :psyduck:

Screaming buy signal. 30% correction was healthy and expected post launch (buy the rumor sell the news) but this is a really straight forward ROI: Do you believe CDPR will course correct and fix the game? Add multiplayer? Do you believe they'll continue to exist? If so, it's a no brainier buy.

JUSSAYIN

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Another developer asked whether CD Projekt’s directors felt it was hypocritical to make a game about corporate exploitation while expecting that their employees work overtime. The response was vague and noncommital.
haha

There's a general dissonance in the narrative that ultimately makes the story and setting very one dimensional, and I think this comes down to the hypocrisy mentioned here. How can a story have insight or something to truly say when those handlers don't know what they don't know? It's like they wanted to make fight club in a blade runner setting and ended up with a Van Damme movie instead, because the loudest statements are derivative and the bottom line of the product is in contrast to its statements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
My first playthrough was as a corpo woman, and I wasn't a big fan of how I played or what ended up happening. Playing now as a Nomad and I'm enjoying myself way more, taking more time absorbing the world and meeting the game on its terms.