Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

if theres anyone i completely trust to sensitively handle all the complex identity and transhumanism related themes in cyberpunk, its a polish games studio run by monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

TheRat posted:

lmao, according to trustworthy source reddit resetera is planning to mass spam various subreddits like r/games and r/cyberpunkgame with spoilers to ruin it for everyone

resetera is definitely keen on mass trolling projects so this sounds real.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

No offense, but isn't the voice controlling the gender more progressive than the body type selecting the gender? The game letting you select your gender separate of man/woman bodies isn't good? Yes, voice goes with it, which kinda makes sense for a scifi future? Because who wouldn't change the voice if he is going to change genders?
My supposition here is that in the dark future of Cyberpunk 2077, voice modifications are easily done, so anyone who wants to be considered a different gender than the default one have that. That was legit the first thing I thought about that. Maybe I'm a ' I see the the glass half full always' type of person.

There are more languages than English in the world. Thanks, imperialist american pig! :bahgawd:

why not just let everyone pick whatever they want

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they were just loving lazy with every element of character customization in this game. industry boogieman EA even did a better job with The Sims 4.

self customization is a major theme in cyberpunk, if you dont want to do good self-customization in your game, dont make a cyberpunk game

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Horizon Burning posted:

let's compile a list of all the people who are unhappy with the game because it doesn't match the hype they've built up in their heads. I'll start

1. the customization is not like sims 4

ive not built up any hype in my head, ive had 0 hype for this game and genuinely never been interested in it cause generic cyberpunk is boring and i had no faith in cdprojekt to make something interesting that wasn't based on a huge series of books. like the two things i know about it are they promised deep character customization and said a bunch of stuff about trans rights after their stupid vending machine scandal. i came to check on this thread cause i saw the epilepsy thing on twitter.

Endorph posted:

where did i say that, exactly. can you diagram it. can you point to it on a chart.

guy likes to put words in peoples mouths

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Horizon Burning posted:

2. it's not based on a series of books

it is, technically, based on books, its just the books are a really bad cyberpunk tabletop game. if you dont understand how the witcher games benefited from being based on popular books you should look at the game of thrones tv show and see what happened when they ran out of books to take ideas from.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Talkc posted:

I feel really awkward as a trans woman with this game, cause i was like cool! They added options. And now im sitting here feeling like im through the looking glass, like "i guess im a stupid chud" cause of how ignorant i am about transphobia and poo poo from where i live. And by that i mean "subtle" transphobia. I'm not really endeared to the concept. In my family, and where i live its pretty substantially blatant.

I feel like i live in a loving hole where the idea that an LGBT community is a literal magic land, and nothing has highlighted that more than the dialog about this game.

I guess im the fat stupid chick who was excited that i get to run around with a dick and tits and be an action hero.

from what someone said earlier on you can't have a dick and tits at the same time

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

can you be a full conversion cyborg in this or is it one of those 'tiny silver piece on your temple' type of games

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Avynte posted:

You can make your face and eyes look pretty gnarly in character customization, and then get your arms to split into pieces with different weapons later on, but there's no turning your entire body into a robot visually. (and you rarely see your character anyway with the vast majority of the game being in first person. hope you like the nail color you picked!)

lame, thanks for letting me know, im gonna give this one a miss

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ymgve posted:

It's not just performance, seems like a lot of the bitching is about the game not being this "life simulator" or whatever people dreamed up this game would be like. I don't even get it - what part of the marketing materials made people think this was anything but a standard open world game?

i was kinda hoping for a deus ex type game where you could go Full Cyber, but if you can't go full cyber then it's just store brand neuromancer

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they call it cyberpunk 2077 because after 20-77 hours of playtime your save corrupts

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

im playing this game for the first time and it feels really bad that none of the cyberware changes how your character looks. theres an entire city full of people with crazy cyberparts and skin tones and you just kinda look like a beige potato forever

can you even become jacked like some of the characters are? or are you stock protagonist build forever?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Addendum to this: If you crack the chip before the Pickup, then at the end of that mission Meredith Stout will be dead and her hostage will be in her place. If you want Stout to survive (and offer Act 2 content), go loud without offering the unhacked chip, or pay with your own money. After the mission, you can cash out the $10k Militech chip without consequence.

did i gently caress myself out of a bunch of content by being friends with dum dum?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does anyone have some hot tips on a mod to give my V like cyborg skin? i'm playing as a masculine V and most of the mods i can see just show pics of feminine V

id like to look either like a pale android guy or one of the hosed up strogg maelstrom guys

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

my V is some kinda vaporwave cyberpsycho who punches everyone to death with gorilla arms

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Judge Holden will never die.

hopefully the game will also end with V Holden doing something unspeakable and non-specific to johnny silverhand in a honkey tonk bathroom

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i have no idea how i am building my character. so far ive been dumping most of my points into tech so i can get more cyberware, body so i can punch and shoot big guns, and reflexes so i can jump and dash a bunch

im level 15 atm

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i would like to thank cyberpunk 2077 for being the first game that didnt make me feel pressured to perfectly stealth everything despite being a sandbox game with strong stealth elements.

all the enemies are such vile pieces of poo poo the value of blowing them into drifts of gore is higher than the value of any xp i might miss

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Servetus posted:

Do you need to be aiming to have the projectiles lock onto anything? I'm still working out how to get the lock on targets with the smart guns in the new system.

hip fire will make it lock onto all target in range and kind of fire randomly at them, ADS fire will focus on one target and send all of the bullets there

edit: my mantis blades are feeling kind of anemic atm, do i just need to keep pumping points and perks into reflex?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it seems like it was a lot easier to be a merc in johnny fiveaces' day, everyone dies in one pistol shot

i also like that half of these flashbacks are just bart simpson imagining being a rockstar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAYYGZ8nC8

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

This guy also really deserved it.

We can't save Evelyn. But I certainly don't let anyone live, who was involved in that poo poo. Scavs, Fingers, Tyger Claws, Woodman, Voodoos.

ive been playing the game for the first time and i got to the Grand Imperial Mall stuff and initially i was like "no way i'm gonna betray the downtrodden voodoo guys to netwatch", but then i remembered "wait the voodoo boys are responsible for what happened to evelyn, i am going to kill literally all of them."[/spoiler]

i said it before but what i like in this game over the nu deus ex games is that you dont feel forced into stealthing everything to get the most rewards. sometimes the reward is throwing sex criminals at each other so hard they both explode.

Hammerstein posted:

Beginning is frantic, then it slows down for a stretch and you can get out of Pacifica and do other stuff.

The game still does not force any sense of urgency on you, despite coughing blood once in a while and being on borrowed time.

coughing blood is just a classic metafictional disorder. many characters have suffered with it over the centuries, and unlike normal diseases, the worst thing you can do for it is seek treatment. going to hospital, getting bedrest, seeing an expert, this will all just move your death closer and closer. the best way to treat it is actually just managing it by consistently going on adventures, you'll have to deal with periodically falling over or looking pale, but you'll otherwise be 100% capable.

with advances modern adventutherapy treatments we've actually seen a tragic little coughing orphan girl make it well into her mid-60s. and she only died because she decided to spend two weekends in a row at a bed & breakfast

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 28, 2023

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

its continuously funny to me that this is an extremely high-effort adaptation of the shittiest, most bone-stock source material

fuckin johnny silverhand and adam smasher, recreated by AAA talent and hollywood actors. its like a really really elaborate high budget conceptual joke

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Def meh on Mr Hands change. Not a fan of the new character archtype

why is the shadowy informant voice man named after a guy who got hosed to death by a horse on camera

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

worm girl posted:

I keep thinking how trippy it must be. These characters were Mike & co's tabletop characters from when they were like 18-20 years old. Imagine seeing your tabletop character from 35 years ago come to life this way. A dream come true but also really funny in a way.

i feel like i should dislike the characters a lot more than i do. adam smasher is a treat pretty much any time he shows up in anything. he was the highlight of edgerunners for me

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

There's a Gig to assassinate a guy in the same building, which probably has something to do with that.

The Animals are all doing hosed up super-steroids on top of having implants.

although given that roid freaks in our timeline are walking staph infections WITHOUT having any open implant wounds, the animals may also be horribly infected

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

adam smasher in the ttrpg was the guy who showed up if you were too spicy for maxtac to take down, at which point he'd kill you and everyone nearby too

i dont think he even had stats

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i was gonna complain about the irl lack of painkiller inhalers but i realised i was formulating that thought while using my medical weed vape that i have for painkilling purposes

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Al! posted:

an irl opiate vaporiser sounds like a one way ticket to OD town

they do a ketamine nasal spray but i think its more of a psychiatric usage than a painkiller one. its also weirdly a lot less cool as a nasal spray than as a big inhaler. as a delivery format it connotes a lot of dorkiness

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

so far a lot of the mission names in phantom liberty have been classic goth song titles

like Lucretia My Reflection, but the others ive seen might qualify as spoilery because they are pretty thematic.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

feels like i'm wieldin...

nothin at all!

NOTHIN AT ALL!

NOTHIN AT ALL!

i was trying to take a regular cool screenshot with the weird industrial looking leotard but it turns out the hmg pose is a sexy flanders pose

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Squiggle posted:

Turning this into my Steam banner instead

EDIT:

Perfect

lmao that is incredible

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

if you're responsible you have great taste in music. that Magazine song is one of my favourites

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

The team makes suggestions but I pick the final ones. The sisters of mercy stuff is all me, though.

i had a genuinely spooky moment because i was already listening to lucretia my reflection when the mission title came up. my parents used to listen to them religiously when i was a kid and ive just been rediscovering it lately

i guess its a good sign that the tone lines up well enough that it seemed like a natural choice of musical accompaniment

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i think part of the problem w the whole V and relic chip thing is where the 'story as metaphor' and 'story as story' has friction

the story of V is really the story of everyone. we all know we are going to die, and the game's message is that a life lived solely to escape death is a life wasted. what matters is what you do in your life and who you affect, trying to escape mortality through fame, money, cybernetics, that will all just hollow you out. Alt say it herself; the engrams are flattened caricatures of the people they were. death in a sense is ceasing to be human, and as such the engrams are as dead as anyone who can't walk or talk. a great deal of being human is in the literal meat of us; having to eat, having to sleep, all these needs that shape what we are and how we think. Without those needs there's suddenly no need to cooperate, no need to even talk if you no longer have the cerebral apparatus that makes communication pleasurable to us. Johnny is still fairly human because he's been basically asleep, and then hosted in a human body. Alt is a person after having adjusted to life as an engram.

a great deal of being human is the fact that our vulnerability makes us rely on each other. in a world where you can cut out your vulnerability the entire equation of society becomes unbalanced, which is why the corps keep people in line by threatening to revoke their implants / maintenance of their implants, because one of the few human desires they have left is the desire for control. which in the end is also the desire for immortality.

now unfortunately while its a great metaphor, if you are taking the problem of V and the chip literally it just seems like total bullshit that the game wants to screw you out of a happy ending just to prove a point.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

The thing I remember most about the 2013 trailer besides underwear mantis blades lady is how much more it looked like Blade Runner. The Maxtac helmets and Crusher shotties made it into the released game but the NCPD AVs looked ripped straight from Los Angeles.

i finally met her in the game

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i would LOVE to play a trauma team or maxtac or both multiplayer game. i would like to see more characterisation of both of them cause the stuff you see in the base game and edgerunners is very interesting.

like uh maxtac being at least partially made up of reprogrammed cyberpsychos, or when maxtac operated as an independent outfit during the red decades when society had collapsed. they have to have an interesting internal culture to stick together at a lovely job even when everything else is going to hell

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Good points.

Speaking of getting screwed out of a happy ending: if the game did a better job at conveying that this mess is all V's own fault, then the endings would not sting so much. V'S fault is ignoring all the red flags and going along with Dex's plan. But the game does not offer us any alternative here. The plan, however, was almost solid, despite Dex not having done his homework properly and T-Bug being more style than substance. We were like 10 steps aways from the elevator when an impossible Pandora's Box moment happened, that ruined everything.

And from that point on, everything is stacked against V and even when we know that people are talking bullshit, we are still forced to go along with their plan. And along comes the expansion with yet another "Oh we can cure you. We got the AI thingie and the best neurosurgeons, you might be out for a few days/weeks max." It's tiresome when it happens for the 4th time.

And when we wake up it's the same poo poo as in the other endings. "Oooops, actually we could not cure you. And you can never have chrome again. And you lost 2 years.". At that point it's just lazy and spiteful writing, by a team that goes against everything that Pondsmith said about his work. If these people had been in charge of W3 then Ciri and Geralt would have died at the end of Blood and Wine.

yeah i agree. i made the heist feel like less of a 'gently caress you' diabolus ex machina by just going loud at the very first opportunity and slaughtering my way out of konpeki. at least that way i hosed up the job my own way

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Have something simple like a Platnium Client is flatlining at the top of a Megabuilding, your AV got shot down so now you and your crew have like 10 minutes to fight your way at to the top of a MB that’s controlled by Tyger Claws and are trying to stop you from saving the client.

there's a lot of cool things you could do with the trauma team premise. like maybe some scav flunkie jostles the jammer chip out of someone theyre trying to make xbds with and you come rescue them. you could have some optional 'do the right thing' type stuff like deep rock galactic has (you can rescue the drilldozer robot's head, there's no reward but everyone always does it). like do you waste time to waste all of the xbd sickos or do you just beeline the client?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

maxtac started as a cyberpsycho swat team, became a freelance gang, then got reincorporated but are still insular. i think theyre more someone the cops can call in than a true part of the cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

for all the stuff fixed in the game, any time a quest character has to drive a car is still hilarious

that mission where you go with Takimura to meet his contact and he drvies off afterwards was so funny, it was like that bit in Austin Powers where they try to turn around the forklift in the hallway

for me he scraped past the van you get into to drive with takemura after that, and pushed it all the way against the fence so i had to parkour onto it to get into the passanger seat

it seemed like a deliberate act of disrespect, he coldly stared forward as he slowly screeched past our van, spraying sparks and tire smoke