Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I am looking forward to playing this videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A cool thing about the Witcher is that Geralt is a super strong, super smart, super sexy dude but 90% of his life is him being bossed around by women who are better than him at all those things.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The only reason to make a Corpo is if you can say "you're fired" or "he'll never be the head of a major corporation" when you kill people.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

V was knee deep in intestines, looting gang members for weapon mods. Coming up to him, Johnny Silverhand said, "My good V, if you knew how to blow up Arasaka, you wouldn't have to loot gang members." "And," replied V, "If you knew how to loot gang members, you wouldn't have to blow up Arasaka."

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face." - Johnny Silverhand, Night City (2077)

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

JOHNNY SILVERHAND: When I look upon Nomads, Ripperdocs and Netrunners, man is the wisest of all beings; when I look upon Corpos and Borgs nothing is as contemptible as man.
V: HATE NEWSPAPERS

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

JACKIE: Listen V, what lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. <exit, pursued by bear>
JOHNNY: And that's me, Johnny Silverhand, gotta love me!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

JOHNNY: No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
V: What the gently caress is a river?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

JOHNNY: He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god
NOMAD V: Haha car go brrrr

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You, a simple fool: Mokoto Kusanagi

Me, an intellectual: Kim Kitsuragi

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Character customisation feels like Mass Effect to me where there is a default face that looks fine and then anything else looks read bad.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Walking prepares you for Death Stranding, which is canonically a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Are weapons still level based or are they just as good as they should be forever now?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Literally every time V casually installs a USB chip into their brain or uses their personal link I'm tensing up because obvious THIS time something bad will be uploaded to me.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Respect to people who like to play on Very Hard in games but lmao @ "its a lot harder to kill enemies now for some mysterious reason, possible dev incompetence?"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Cowboys, film noir private detectives and Revolver Ocelot can't all be wrong.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Re: Phantom Liberty endings

People are saying that saving Songbird is the best choice but I went with Reed (not planning to actually turn her in) and maybe that's the tipping point but she instantly goes 100% cyberpsycho/is possessed by an AI(?). Does she stay a normal person if you don't try to knock her out?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I was really hoping for the new DLC ending to be a Snake Plissken thing where you do some insane poo poo that fucks over the entire world like take down the Blackwall then say a cool line and fade to black.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's funny to me that multiple characters see V randomly collapse on the floor and start coughing up blood but are still like "this is the person I need for a sensitive mission"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Takemura is also apparently the greatest samurai of all time. His cybernetic implants were remotely deactivated, he clearly has robo eyes so he's functioning seamlessly purely by sound and also carrying a shitload of dead weight metal fused to his bones or whatever.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I mean, a corporation today would 100% turn off your eyes. Also that actually happened in real life but not because of being fired, I think the company got shut down or something and peoples cyber eyes did also with no warning.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Nessus posted:

Hol' up, you're telling me I can get cyber eyes for real?

Medical cyber eyes that give you low grade Daredevil vision. Patches of light and dark.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Basic Chunnel posted:

FYI I rerolled a new game and turns out Brick has his very own “a real (something) (something), that” line. They can’t help themselves.

One day I’ll put together a supercut of every appearance in the game. It’ll be at least 5 mins long.

Is this something that specifically Americans don't do because thats a normal, if informal way to speak

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you gently caress up the mission Muamar is pretty chill about it, he's bummed if you actually follow instructions.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you hate people saying "dude" "radical" "tubular" then you are bogus af

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

People are saying Keanu was a strange casting choice when he was part of the greatest band in history, Wyld Stallyns.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Maybe they should have made Johnny more aggressive, because 90% of the time I'm like "yeah dude, we should loving destroy all the corporations" "I should probably assume this guy is playing me" he's just my good and friendly pal. The Judy quest is the only thing that stands out in my immediate memory where I tell him to gently caress off.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

One of the Panam quests expires if you don't do it with 24 hours.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rinkles posted:

oh no. Which one?

I think its when she texts/calls to say Saul got kidnapped and needs your help RIGHT NOW

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's a quest where a cartoonish buffon of a man mistakenly believes he's a woman and it's a wacky situation that needs to be solved. It's almost certainly not intended to be anti-trans but you could certainly view it that way.

Although part of the quest has you find a heartfelt letter he wrote where he thanks the lady action star because he always felt happy being her and it got him through some hard times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Re: Phantom Liberty endings

Songbird deserves to be free of the FIA

Songbird cannot be trusted for multiple reasons

Songbird is too dangerous to leave alive

Songbird dying lets you tell the President to go gently caress herself, which is the most Snake Plissken ending