Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

house of the dad posted:

Just loaded this game up for the first time and within the first 15 minutes tree textures are clipping through walls into my vision for absolutely no reason. This was after I reloaded because right after character creator the walls were staticky and I could see other textures through walls. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Update your drivers. I had this problem till I pulled the latest Nvidia drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I’m playing on ultra on a 1080 which I didn’t figure would be possible.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

void_serfer posted:

MGS V exists though.

Like while this is a legit criticism, if we waited for a studio to make a game that does every facet of its gameplay loop better than games dedicated to just that facet, odds are we’d have to wait till we could play it on our real cyberdecks before it ever came out.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Both times I've gotten close enough to cops to talk, they pulled out their guns and killed me so I figured it was like IRL and you just never talk to cops.

So far the biggest immersion breaking bug for me are cowards. Just... cowards, everywhere, constantly cowering in fear despite nothing going on or something going on being over an hour ago.

Yah it’d be nice if the occasional bystander was some chipped out combat junky and decided to wade in.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

i am a moron posted:

Right. I don't think you can discount anyone's opinion about it, but the real question to me is whether the game is less or more than the sum of it's parts. So far (not out of prologue yet so I'll see) it seems to be about even. Totally worth $60, will only feel better about the money as it's patched.

So far it feels to me like fallout new Vegas. Janky as hell gameplay , but I’m so enamored with everything that I just don’t give a poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

First post- prologue mission I did was Jackie's funeral, of course and uh

Yeah

Uh

This game's fuckin good. The writing and immersion are p nuts. I walked most of the way, 2 ingame kilometers, even on a PS4 it's amazing

Can't wait to try the dedicated PS5 version for my 12th playthrough :j:

Honestly knowing it was coming from trailers etc, I didn’t expect Jackie’s death to hit me as hard as it did.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 12, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mellow_ posted:

One of the major problems this game has IMO is the lack of transmog on gear. Oh my.

I just look like a complete dork at the moment.

Are you not furiously mashing the upgrade button? I have a few outfits I like and I just keep them upgraded.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly a barber, tattoo shop and a piercing shop, or an all in one in the form of that in universe body mod shop would turn this into the best loving game I’ve ever played.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

So is CD project red going to firesale their witcher IP now and file for bankruptcy after releasing this shitshow? Seems like most of the money's already been embezzled over the development period and the talent's been poached, leaving tye company with only newgrads and negative reviews.

They've broken all records on concurrent players, this is some bad trolling.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

In fact, I think that in general what the game wants you to do is get every stat to 7 or 8, with maybe one or two at 10, as quick as possible. That is, if you want to have maximum options available in the side content.

It seems like they could have made this a little more clear, but it's not a big deal. But you get LOTS of stat points so don't stress about dump stat, you're not meant to really ignore any of the stat trees

You get 50 stat points total, this will gate you out of maxing out trees. I think probably the idea way to do things is max out two then spread 10 points around.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Partial Octopus posted:

This game sucks poo poo. Combat is generic and so boring. How you spec your character is inconsequential.

How you spec your character drastically changes how you do pretty much everything. It's not that apparent when first starting out because you are a gimp who can't do poo poo so your only tactic is to shoot things. I'm at level 18 now and I can kill an entire room without drawing a gun, or even being in visual range of their guns entirely through the magic of hacking the planet. I can't take punches at all so if 10+ mooks are agro'd on me I'm likely hosed. I'm pure sneak/pistols/hack. If on the other hand I went full body/swords I could literally walk into that room of 10+ dudes and slice them all in half while facetanking/sprinting through a hail of gunfire.

But for me generally I find a camera network to hack, hack the poo poo out of it and spread distractions and contagion around then I wander in and dome the leftovers with a silenced pistol.

EDIT: Also I have to take more sneaky paths a LOT of missions because the brute force paths require forcing open doors, which I'm too much of a weenie to do. I've dropped through a lot of open skylights/climbed a lot of fire escapes to find open windows.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 12, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
We all wish we were as powerful as hot dog man.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m broke as gently caress how do I make money

Do side jobs, do all the crime in progresses. Once you get a handle on the combat/hacking systems you can blow through a crime in progress in about 10 seconds which is 1-2k Eddies. Side jobs generally net me somewhere between 2-7k total between hacking, looting and the job payout. I clocked it last night and for about every hour of wandering around doing jobs and crimes I potted about 40k.

Someone posted about how odd it is that you were helping the cops beat up gangs but it's actually pretty on brand for most cyberpunk franchises. At least in Shadowrun there are Crimes against Corps which are cool and good, and Crimes against people which are bad, and most of the crimes in your blotter seem to be gangs beating the poo poo out of people on the street/mutilating and torturing them.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

So if I want to be a corpo V with BDE that is a massive force of personality and when they can't get their way, they blow people away with a hand cannon, is Cool/Int/Reflex the build to go with?

If you are going in guns blazing I'd suggest Body/Int/Reflexes or Body/Reflexes/Anything Else. Cool/Int/Reflex is my build and I mostly sneak in hack things so they all blow up then dome the survivors with my hand cannons. Actually anything Body/Reflexes and largely ignoring hacking would let you slot in all the bullet time mods which would just let you walts through combat in slow motion head capping folks.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sedisp posted:

Kinda wish if they were gonna just go with generic side quests they just said gently caress it and made skyrim style dungeons.

Really easy to make some tile sets then slap entrances to them in the mega towers.

Some of them do kinda.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Captain Blueballs posted:

So I know there's a lot of poo poo talking going on right now in regards to bugs and such with this, But gently caress jumping on that train. That'll get sorted out over the next while and people are going to bitch no matter what.

Comte, just wanted to say that I just completed the River Arc and you guys did some loving fantastic work and should be proud. It's a drat fine game and it's only going to get better with some ironing.

Yyyeeep that’s a helluva arc. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I really really wish I could just buy stuff online. Having to go to each and every shop to see what legendary stuff they have is a hassle.

Honestly the entire shop system needs a rework. Especially clothing. I’d rather go to hats r us than gently caress around for hours trying to find a hat that doesn’t look like grade A rear end. (Hint there are none, all hats loving blow.)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Look I didn't leave any witnesses so technically no one knows I was there, that's stealth baby.

There’s one fixer that I think is starting to hate me. Every job I get scolded on the complete hellscape my operations turn into. Just twitching puking bodies everywhere.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Randarkman posted:

Ghost Town (first mission with Panam) spoilers.

Man, that raid on the Raffen Shiv hideout kind of sucks from an encounter design standpoint, I get out of the car, enemies are in front, there's a couple of bits of cover I have to grab or else one of them immediately tags me with some kind of weapon that almost insta-kills and applies a status effect, and they throw grenades so I have to move from the first bit of cover, and if I move forwards I'm exposing myself to way more enemies that can't see you as you go in. Honestly, this is kind of bad. I'm just trying to luck out of the first 10 seconds by throwing a million grenades, so far not working.

Are you under level for the quest? I only have 3 body and I breezed through it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are there any good hand cannon or smart pistols around? Haven’t found any smart pistol worth a drat and I’m still rocking a lovely common revolver because it happens to have the higher damage per bullet of any pistol I’ve found.

As you level up more guns begin to appear in the world. There's at least 3 power pistols that qualify as "Hand Cannons" two are revolvers and an automatic.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Sooo I found a pretty amazing glitch that netted me a poo poo-ton of rare crafting components including 50 legendary item components fairly early. I didn't see anything else on it except for an empty thread on reddit, but here's a (should be spoiler-free) video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZdU2BXvPPU

You encounter this NPC during the "Disasterpiece" main quest in early Act 2. During that quest, choose to go to the sex shop and you'll end up meeting this dude. I decided to shoot him after finishing our quest-related business and he went undead or something... and I was able to loot his full vendor inventory! However, I wasn't able to do it after reloading so you may have to do it right after you talk with him. I didn't have a good save to reload right before talking with him so I'm not sure how repeatable this glitch is, but someone on reddit seems to have had it happen too (https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kc48we/vendor_glitch/).

Anyways, just throwing this out there if you want to take a shot at a fat stack of legendary item components!

Edit: Also the way he looks and moves after you shoot him is pretty... creepy.

Once you realize how many components it takes to build/upgrade a gun at level 35+ you won't think that's a fat stack anymore :v:

EDIT: I'm at level 35 now and if I want 50 epic components I just buy them off the nearest gun vendor as god intended. I'm rolling around in money anyways.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sedisp posted:

Can confirm they did this and welp.

I don't think anyone who knows anything about the general themes of Cyberpunk thinks V has a long life ahead of them. Street Sams die young. If this game ends in rainbows and sunshine I'll be absolutely flabbergasted.

On another note
I've been playing a fairly gentle netrunner, I give the truth to the people and I generally turn the other cheek, hell I could even understand where Dex was coming from when he turned on me. The Voodoo Boys can go gently caress themselves however. I wonder how they are doing now that I've merc'd all their loving leaders and their best netrunners after trying to get me purposefully killed TWICE to move their agenda forward. I go out of my way to splatter them when I see them on streetcorners.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 14, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sedisp posted:

Well now that I have been spoiled on the endings:

THESE ARE ENDING SPOILERS GO NO FURTHER

I really think its silly that all ot f the endings involve going out in a blaze of glory when your characters journey is very centered on coming to terms with the fact that going out in a blaze of glory sucks poo poo

I clicked on it, here's my thoughts

It's exactly what I expected before I even bought the game. It's kind of a running theme in Cyberpunk as a genre in general, all the folks doing this cool poo poo generally don't retire to old age. If they do they generally get the gently caress out of the action and become fixers. There's maybe a dozen fixers in the city, between the gangers and the like there's probably 10k+ mercs/runners. That's not a great ratio if you consider what likely happens to those who don't become fixers. For every Rogue there's a dozen Johnnies. The only way we'd have seen V in a sequel is taking a shot of the drink named after them in the afterlife.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

How does the crafting upgrading system work? Do I have to upgrade an item a hundred times for it to be upgraded as much as possible? Then I have to keep regularly updating it more?

The minor updates still feel like hilariously expensive...

Pretty much. I'm actually dumping my last pile of points into crafting now because I realized if I wanted the specific guns I like throughout the game it was much cheaper to craft a new green one every 5 levels than to hop on the upgrade train.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I do think it’s funny that PC players and console players are playing two entirely different games. I get the occasional bug but saving real quick and loading has cleared em all up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

judys pistol lizzie fuckin rules, and its just sitting there right on her desk, it ain't one shotting but you can shoot people in the rear end a lot and set them on (non-lethal) fire

It’s my primary gat right now. And since I’m a net runner with ping I can use this to charge murc people through walls.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CYBEReris posted:

I can't see this stagnancy you describe, 21st century writers advanced cyberpunk really far into having a less cynical and more compassionate and optimistic outlook. Even in the mainstream, the first Matrix movie ends with the hook that Neo's awakening will inevitably lead to a domino effect of freedom for humanity from the oppressive status quo all layered in a combined veiled allegory for Marxist class consciousness and trans self-actualization. And Blade Runner 2049 shifts the point of view from the oppressor to the oppressed and is significantly more tonally consistent for it. And that's besides the more obscure iteration going on outside the mainstream; for example, there have also been some great tabletop systems similarly focusing on optimism and the perspectives of marginalized people coming out like In Which We Live And Breathe and Hard Wired Island.

I really struggle to call The Matrix cyberpunk because it’s missing about 80% of the hallmarks of cyberpunk while hyper focused on the remaining 20%.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Oneiros posted:

games "journalists" continuing to be stenographers / press agents and people continuing to lap it up

why the gently caress anyone believes a word that comes out of a corp's mouth in tyool 2020 is beyond me

Calm down Johnny.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sing Along posted:

In terms of other absurdly OP stuff in this game for some reason Panam's Overwatch sniper rifle (also earned from Riders on the Storm) penetrates walls like a charged Tech weapon without needing to charge. This means you can just Ping an enemy group and one tap headshot them all through however many buildings stand between you and their heads.

All iconic weapons have a little something extra. That’s that particular guns something extra.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

RichterIX posted:

I wanted to make my character use revolvers all the time but I haven't seen a single one so far and I'm mid-act 2!!!

Unrelated, is there any penalty for being in a relationship with more than one character?

Follow river’s quest to its conclusion and you’ll get a nice one.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Re: copchat. In cyberpunk settings the police are generally loving useless by design (corpos don’t want police powerful enough to stop their security forces) and there’s a long standing trope of that one Sr. Detective or whatever who works with runners/whatever they are called in X setting to protect people because he can’t do it himself. So honestly the representation of cops in this game isn’t super far off in places.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

f#a# posted:

Before I go too far down the crafting rabbit hole, what's the deal with vendor prices? Do I get more selling, say, guns to a gun vendor rather than a ripperdoc? Do all shopkeeps charge the same amount for a given item?

Don’t sell guns, you’ll need their parts to craft with and an entire backpack of firearms MAY add up to the same kind of money you’d get from stopping a mugging.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ranzear posted:

Hell, following up on my idea that wanted level should be long-persistent and beat cops might agro, it'd be even better if they peace the gently caress out or ignore you at very high levels. Self-preservation and whatnot.

Peacing the gently caress out is the more likely thing. The thing people want with big cop chases just really isn’t a thing in the setting. Police exist to put up crime scene tape and secure things until the meat wagons show up. The ones that try to actually do poo poo? Well you’ll see how that plays out if you do the side jobs. They end up fired or dead.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

PerilPastry posted:

Am I crazy or do enemies only drop weapons if you've aggroed them and they've actually pulled them out? Seeing a ton more weapon drops after ditching stealth

If you cyber hack them to commit suicide they drop two, because they’ll drop their primary weapon to pull a pistol to shoot themselves with.

CYBEReris posted:

it's pretty depressing that those settings are more optimistic about cops than what's happening in real life, where police are massively overfunded to be corporations' security for free

The other way cyberpunk sometimes handles cops is that they ARE a Corp. hope you paid for protection citizen.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 14, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

mkvltra posted:

It doesn't flash. It's almost like you haven't played through the actual scene

It doesn’t after the patch no. It very much did prior to.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Section Z posted:

Wins a shooting competition.

Gets awarded an "epic" pistol with half the DPS of the "In case you didn't bring a handgun for this" throwaway freebie pistol.

I now have zero guilt for absolutely crushing the 100/100 score with the Omaha tech pistol that has spreadgun burstfire.

There’s another competition that you can win a pretty rad smart AR.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rinkles posted:

does anyone know the legal status of the ip? does cdp now own it? i'd be hesitant about pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into a basically dead ip without having full ownership.

It’s done all the time. Shadowrun was functionally a dead property before the new games were made.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That would require them to animate every single action your character does, including facial animation for conversations/phone calls. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's hardly a trivial switch they can just flip.

The facial animations are generated dynamically already (I forgot the name of the software they integrated) more likely the combat animations would be the issue. This is assuming that they aren’t already in place and the entire no 3rd person thing isn’t some doofus artistic thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

shrike82 posted:

shadowrun would have been a cool alternative setting given how they've implemented hacking as spellcasting in the game

In I think 4th edition Shadowrun deckers could do all this fuckery you see in Cyberpunk provided the victim was chromed. I think chrome is a LOT more ubiquitous in 2077 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Instead of setting them on fire turn off their eyes and just walk right by them to get your thing.

Hell if you can kill quickly with hacks stealth will be maintained, and most hacks don’t do lethal damage.