Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Gonna play this game this month, also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Megasabin posted:

Multiple reviews, positive and negative, have stated that the Cyberpunk aspect of the game is just an aesthetic, and that the narrative does not explore any deep or interesting questions. It's a crime/heist narrative with a cyberpunk window dressing. There were about 3 separate reviews that actually said Deus Ex did a better job exploring post-human themes which is a bit disappointing.
It would be pretty funny if CD Projekt hosed up the storytelling aspect of the game while everybody was fearing it's the gameplay that's at risk because of course the story has to be deep after TW3.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

strong bird posted:

can someone who has preordered and is excited for this game please explain why this webm does not temper your expectations? its not the floating guy, though thats extremely egregious even for a review copy- the combat looks like it was just patched in 2 days ago. the animations are awful and the AI is seriously sub-mount and blade, where at least they understand the range of their weapons. after pinging the guy in the head with a rifle for an entire magazine for what looks like 20% damage, the guy then just pulls out a pistol and 4 shots the player. i urgently need to know why anyone interested in the setting or the universe or whatever wouldnt just read the book that apparently exists

https://puu.sh/GV878/5d338fa574.webm

please. im 100% not trolling and i must know the answer.
Lol this vid is sending some really strong Bethesda vibes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ufarn posted:

cyberpunk 2076
:drat:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Shammypants posted:

Honestly, it's a tech game, what if the dude walking into the air is actually using an ability? I mean, it could be a bug but it could just be like tech levitation boots or something that even players get later.
:laugh: Roach doing pushups was my favorite TW3 mechanic

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Maybe it's just a human levitation spell that the player can learn later on in the game but the horse runs on 4 legs instead so it's actually realistically influencing its physics-based animations. Ever think about that?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I wish Obsidian would be able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. these days.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Pylons posted:

I wish the developers of E.Y.E were able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. Deathwing sucked poo poo.
Oh yeah, true, I forgot they actually did develop that poo poo. Ehhhh

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's cool to see PS3 still getting releases after all these years.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kaedric posted:

No, that was just conjecture by a reviewer. There is no evidence they literally went and specifically found epilepsy triggers to purposefully put in their game and I'm not sure why people are saying that.
The reviewer didn't even write that, she wrote that the light pattern used in the game is very close to the real pattern used by neurologists to trigger a seizure to the point that it's dangerous. The article is clearly meant to be informative to people who may experience epilesy.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Endorph posted:

Yeah. The reviewer just said it was similar, not that it was one. And I expect that a person with epilepsy would know when something is similar to a pattern purposefully designed to cause seizures. And while it's definitely accidental it still speaks pretty poorly of the devs. They seriously couldn't figure that a sequence of extreme flashing lights might cause some seizures? We've all heard about the porygon episode of Pokemon.
I can almost imagine a CDPR dev researching existing neurological devices that diagnose and treat epilepsy which are pretty cyberpunk:

...but then going that extra mile, finding some 'cool light patterns' that neurologists use and ending up accidentally implementing actual epilepsy triggers into the game.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 8, 2020

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The thing with trans representation is that if they were smart they could have done it in a pretty thorough way. Let the player choose their genitals separately and have sex scenes adjust to one of 2 already existing options, let the player choose their pronoun separately and have NPC dialogue adjust to one of 2 already existing options, let the player choose their voice separately from one of the 2 already existing options, have the player refer to themselves in non-gendered wording (doable pretty easily even in Polish - for example have the protagonist say "it's done" instead of "I did it").

I'm guessing that the last thing with the tone of voice tied to gender grammar is what's causing everything else to callapse because it needed some writer foresight and CDPR started implementing the trans representation option only after the social media backlash when all the writing and voice acting was already done/underway.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

They could even at this point patch in two things: sex scenes matching your chosen genitals, NPC dialogue matching your chosen pronouns. It's all already present in the game, just needs some adjusting.

The voice tone being tied to the chosen pronoun would be the one thing that's way more difficult to change as it would require new voice acting sessions, probably something that's not happening. Still the rest would be a major step in the right direction.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Can someone explain what the issue is with the seizure stuff in game?

Isn't that what the epilepsy warnings are for?
1. There is no epilepsy warning in this game like in a lot of other titles, it's apparently only present in the TOS text.
2. The most dangerous epilepsy-inducing scene in the game uses light effects that are incredibly similar (down to light colors and frequencies) to actual seizure-inducing procedures used as diagnosis tools by real-life neurologist. So it's way beyond some flashing colors in other games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, I edited in that it's present in the TOS but not as a welcome screen in the game like in a lot of other titles.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Missionary Positron posted:

isnt that buried beneath pages and pages of legal poo poo that no one reads in the TOS
Yes

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Vigil for Virgil posted:

So the issue is they didn't have a warning screen essentially.

Fair enough
To me the issue really is that there's a scene in the game that CDPR accidentally designed in a way to absolutely maximize the ammount of people that may experience a seizure from even when those people wouldn't know they had epilepsy and read through the TOS. It's because the lights and frequencies go through the entire spectrum of possible triggers.

It's not stated as something they did maliciously and the journalist who reported it framed it within a guide on which scenes to avoid if you know you have the condition.

She then received hundreds of messages on social media with attached images specifically designed to trigger her seizures disguised under subjects expressing sympathy. But sure, for many who only read a couple of headlines she's one of the leaders of the irrational hate train now.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

TheRat posted:

I don't feel like it's fair to blame the large score of absolute cunts on the internet on a specific dev. They're going to be awful people no matter what, the cause doesn't matter.
I didn't write that I blame the devs for that though. My point is that this situation doesn't deserve the 'so the haters have a problem with a what this time?' treatment and needs to be seen in the entire imo valid context.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Turin Turambar posted:

Ars has an screenshot that made me think there has to be some bug:

(on)
vs

(off)

I have not seen anything like that in other comparisons.
Night scenes are especially tricky to properly set using RTX. It's because if you only rely on visible light sources the scene may be too dark. You need an ambient light (like light emitted from the sky) and that has to be specifically tweaked with for every single location and I can imagine a lot of gently caress ups happening in an open world game of this size. This means that some places will be jaw-droppingly photorealistic while others will look off when compared to the non-RTX versions. So imo it mostly depends where you take the comparison screenshots.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Anybody remember how long did we have to wait for that first giant TW3 patch that solved most of the issues?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

TheRat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlAkvMLjKZ4 is a very long q&a but he mentions both gay romance and male sex workers. He goes over pretty much everything people ask about
Thanks, this is a pretty informative video and makes me want to play it asap.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So when you look down you can see your dick and when you open the inventory while naked you can see your character's dick. But you can't see other people's dicks. These video game ratings are really weird.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok, that reviewer guy says now that as a heterosexual male you get the least ammount of romance options, good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cause it's just a matter of time until thirsty gamers start whining how it's unfair they only get to bang 4 chicks instead of 5 and how the potential main love interest is a lesbian. It will be a pretty wild ride.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Eraflure posted:

Alright that's fair, the meltdowns are going to be fun.
The meltdown over Judy not being romanceable unless you're playing as a woman will be unreal.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wait do most people see Judy as the main love interest? I thought she won’t even talk to you unless you take the right start
Apparently a lot of people already decided she's their waifu because of her preominence in all the pre-release materials.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Akarshi posted:

That's actually really ballsy lol. If Judy is truly female V only that's incredible. I can see the meltdowns already lmao
Yeah, can't wait for the discussions starting with an innocent question 'Has anybody been able to romance Judy? I'm 40 hours in and have never encountered the option'.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cactus posted:

Will I be able to romance myself? Can I get a spinal mod to give myself oral sex?
1. Unequip everything
2. Look down on your dick
3. Download the "extreme crouch" mod

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Eraflure posted:

Ok speaking of meltdowns, can't wait to see the reactions for this one (very mild spoilers regarding vehicle customization)

It's Confirmed Bachelor from New Vegas all over again.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Apparently respeccing is very expensive to the point where you won't be able to do it too many times, good to know before being too frivolous with spening those points.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

w00tmonger posted:

cant just grind out somewhere? seems weird that it wouldnt be an option
Here's the bit (timestamped), apparently money is much more valuable in the game than in other big RPGs and if you respec you do it at the cost of being able to afford other stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlAkvMLjKZ4&t=1670s

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

black.lion posted:

Can you distill the character build pointers? I'm attempting the impossible task of spoiling myself on ALL skill/perk/character building stuff while being spoiled on NONE of the story stuff. It's quite a task it took me a full week to figure out what skills will make me better at katana.
The video is great at not spoiling anything about the story actually, it's pretty safe.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Epic rolling-yohr-hand-out-the-passenger-window scene

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I said come in! posted:

Picturing all of these cutscenes on everyones PCs and game consoles, and instead of the smooth life like animations we see here, it's frozen in place characters, glitchy animations, and sliding around rooms that we are actually seeing in real gameplay footage.
One of the reviewers wrote about the game glitching out the further they got into the main story with some epic bug happening in the final scene right before credits started rolling

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A second 28gb day one patch on top of the first 48gb one?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Good, now add more dicks.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Geralt would be the Nomad in Cyberpunk, right? I guess that's the choice then.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

One thing that worries me is that apparently crafting works like in Skyrim so you have to craft mountains of junk just to get your crafting skills go up and be able to craft something good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Nomad girl specializing in swords that looks like Ciri...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ice Phisherman posted:

This is cyberpunk. There is no magic sword like Ciri. This one has chainsaw blades and a two stroke engine scrounged from a lawnmower to make it vroom vroom.
There are katanas! That's magical by definition.