Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

pmchem posted:

me and my 1070 are goin' in, boys:

pray for me

I have a (4gb) 1070 too, so I'm vaguely interested in your results. I'm likely more hosed by my CPU though, which is a rather outdated 3.5ghz i5-6600k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Red Mundus posted:

Either this game is very well optimized or I got incredibly lucky. I got a i5 6500K, GTX 1070, and 16gb of ram and can do 1080p 60fps on high settings without ever losing frames even in areas that are FPS heavy. It almost feels like CPU doesn't even matter as long as you have a decent videocard. Usually my cpu bottlenecks me hard but not in this game. I'm almost tempted to see if I can push it to ultra but high looks beautiful to me. Surprised the heck out of me.

how much ram does your 1070 have? You're not accidentally leaving off the Ti are you?

Don't give me false hope. :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

bus hustler posted:

my friend says it is "really smooth" on 1080p high with a 3rd gen i5, 12GB RAM, and a 1070 non-ti

the person reporting 60+ is probably mostly on the CPU, I 100% buy it

yeah, I might go for it. The problem is my monitor is 2560x1440 :v: I mean I could play it at a lower resolution if that proves an issue.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So does finishing act 1 (or whatever hits the title card) lock you out of any stuff? Are all the side tasks in the prologue stuff you can only do in the prologue?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So how do I get the cops to leave me alone? I stumbled into some gangers about to kill some civies "killing is fun!" so I started taking shots at them, but this just got the cops on the scene and I had to book it. Got away, but now I guess I have a warrant and every time I turn the corner and run into some beat cop walking the streets they pull their gat on me and start blasting. Kinda making things a hassle.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So how do I get the cops to leave me alone? I stumbled into some gangers about to kill some civies "killing is fun!" so I started taking shots at them, but this just got the cops on the scene and I had to book it. Got away, but now I guess I have a warrant and every time I turn the corner and run into some beat cop walking the streets they pull their gat on me and start blasting. Kinda making things a hassle.

Am I just running into a bug? Does no one else have the cops agro them on-sight after committing a "crime" even after successfully evading the police (multiple times)? Like, I had that shoot out a while back and they're still on my case the second they see me strolling down the street, taking in the city.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Anyone found any headgear that doesn’t actually cover your hair? Like a headset or headband or something?

I know you almost never see yourself (except in the inventory) but I don’t want to wear a hat... but I do want armor...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not using a katana. shameful display.

What if I use a car whose brand name or model was Katana?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So Cyberpunk side job at the docks spoilers "Dirty Biz"

after going stealthy and bloodless, sneaking into a gang hideout to recover a BD chip I ended up running into the father/son pair editing child snuff BDs and got so royally pissed off by their comments ("Oh, which one? we got a whole batch [of kid snuff] recently, can't remember names" "Eh, we're just filling a demand, if not us someone else would be doing it." "hey wanna see some sick poo poo, we can share!" etc) that the second I had what I wanted I cold-blooded shot the son in the head (he was the bigger creep) and gave the dad just enough time to be anguished before I shot him in the head too. walked out doming every gangbanger in the joint.

I feel completely justified.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

From the video comments:

https://twitter.com/TheNo1Alex/status/1336926431507488768?s=20

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

gently caress Man posted:

Can we post character pics in this thread? I'm curious to see what others have come up with. Here's what I got.
This game rules.

The pants are so wonderfully ugly.

Also, I'm sure a few dozen people have done it by now but:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Digital Jedi posted:

Sort of getting tired of doing side gigs/missions only to find I don't have an attribute level high enough to complete it. Think this is the 3rd or 4th one. Seems like a obvious thing to lock those out until I can get to that point but guess not

How are you getting locked out? If you mean you literally can't get into a place there is probably some kind of entrance you're missing. Have you checked the roof? Looked Shutters you can hack open?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

For the hacking game, don't be afraid to exit out before starting it. it'll reset the sequences and crossword grid. Sometimes this makes it much easier, especially if you're aiming for all 3 nodes (and you should, buy a deck with a max size (8?) buffer ASAP). You're basically looking for sequences that string together.

Sedisp posted:

This is only sort of true and/or not true at all. Ive sat in an empty office surrounded by walls with no cameras and still get overheat casts

I have no idea if this is true or not, but maybe they pinged something to find you? :v: I mean, if you can use ping to see dudes through walls... maybe they can do the same?

Digital Jedi posted:

The door required body 20 and I'm at 8. It was to recover a guy for Okdada and the room was blackout (lost power) and was barely visible walking around. I tried to look to see if there was a top hatch or something but didn't have anything. It was total black if you weren't standing in one or two spots

Whats the mission name and can you give a rough location? I'll go check it out myself and see.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

I want whatever gun Johnny was using in his intro section, where it just one or two shotted people and for 3 minutes shooting in this game was actually fun.

I'm going to assume thats the game's take on the Malorian Arms 3516, which was a custom-order pistol built to Johnny's specs (though the company immediately started selling a limited production run of it after Johnny got his).

It was pretty much THE best handgun in Cyberpunk 2020.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

fadam posted:

I found a legendary Revolver (Overture) but didn't get a recipe to craft it. Is that normal?

Overture is a just a standard model revolver. I think you only get blueprints by obtaining Iconic weapons.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ok, now there is hat I might actually wear if I ever find one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

am0kgonzo posted:

https://imgur.com/a/ibMqO2I

i always wondered what is feels like to be cool, now i know

I love how stupidly garishly 80s you can dress in this game :allears:

Speaking of, there was one great moment where I thought "YES, THIS is what Cyberpunks look like"

("Never Fade Away" spoilers)
Edgey Looking chick, dumbass in a black trenchcoat, bad hairdye and stupid gizmo on his face, murderhobo in a flame-print black/orange army jacket with assault rifle.

Cripes it looks so bad on my computer compared to some of the screenshots you all are sharing, lol

Also Takemura's vain quest to find something he would consider "real" food in Night City is just great. Every freaking scene with him it feels like he has a food moment.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I have seen exactly two sex toys outside the redlight areas. One was Meredith's and the other was a thigh-sized dildo sitting in a toilet in an abandoned saloon in the badlands.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Walking into the Afterlime, and I spot this solo.

Is that loving GOGOL?! Oedo get too hot for you, Choomba?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Can I just say that the grip on Johnny's gun is freakin' hideous?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Rinkles posted:

apparently the legendary monowire i found in a random container

Where'd you find this?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

As it should. The timed quest, well the timed quest that will fail by inaction, is bar none one of the worst pieces of trash in gameplay. I can understand certain missions having internal time limits, but I still don't like it, and prefer when I can look over every drat thing. You can still make something feel tense without needing me to feel like I have to do time trials.

I'm also glad that V's Relic Malfunction anemia attacks seem to be scripted. Anyone else remember how lovely Fary Cry 2's random Malaria attacks were?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So I was wandering the outskirts of town when I found this weird field of monoliths, after checking them out a bit I realized it was a cemetery. So I looked around and sure enough... I found them.

Spoilers for up to the Title-Card/start of Act 2:

Other names I found: Syd Mead, Roy Batty, Brick and Alt Cunningham plus a few names from the old lore I think I recognize but wasn't 100% sure.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

If you wanna complain about how people talk, this is California, and the only person I've seen use "Hella" is Johnny! Have things changed so much?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

hobbesmaster posted:

Later in Act 2... at least you can see what they’re going for when alt tells you all of his memories are not literally how it went down, just how he remembers it.

Everyone should have a copy of the core Cyberpunk 2020 RPG book in their install folder. It contains a relevant short story called "Never Fade Away".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

hobbesmaster posted:

Let’s say Johnny expands on what he thinks is important :v:

Yeah the short story starts with Johnny and Alt outside The Hammer about to be attacked by the kidnappers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Have any of you completed the tarot card thing? I can't believe those missions have been hanging around so long for me, I just feel no need to complete it because I'm sure the rewards are a total joke.

I haven't finished the game but I dunno. I suspect it might be important. You tend to find the cards at plot relevant locations and they often fit the theme of the story beat there.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

rap music posted:

afaik there is no good reason to

He’s got exclusive legendary cyberware.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Someone was wondering if they have coats with high collars? Yes they do. Just shop around the clothing stores.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Rinkles posted:

great little moment

nothing big, i think earlyish act 2
https://i.imgur.com/pIfMBdl.mp4

I liked that scene because I thought "The 'Bakeneko' is actually Johnny."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh, no wonder the Overture Revolver is a death machine. Its a Malorian gun. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tenzarin posted:

Your foreceps would have to huge to hold this thing with one hand.

No worse that the 3516. :v:

The thumbprint at the saftey is a nice little touch.

Certainly looks better than it used to, and according to the fluff you need a cybernetic arm to handle the recoil... so of course Johnny uses his meat arm to fire it!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm just nerding out at this point, but I have my doubts that 10 of those monsters can actually fit inside that magazine.

I appreciate the gun has three different reload animations though, all pointlessly flashy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ZeeBoi posted:

Yeah but they were given guarantees that a day one patch would fix things, which apparently is a standard practice these days

Sounds like a lovely standard practice. And I bet only a AAA game would get away with that.

Sucks that its so loving busted on consoles. I'm having fun on my lovely old PC, though I've definitely run into some problems.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I did it. I got Johnny to smile a happy smile. All it took was (random side content spoiler, non-plot) fixing up a derelict roller coaster.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I doubt too many people are interested. But if you wanna dig into some of the old lore behind Cyberpunk, humble bundle currently has a shitton of classic Cyberpunk 2020 books up. The $8 tier gets you all the essentials and then some while above that is some of the later or more esoteric stuff.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cyberpunk-r-talsorian-books

Skimming some of this stuff for the first time in years and its fun. Ah for the days when "Near-Future" for guns meant make everything a bullpup... even old guns.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dandywalken posted:

Need the FN SAP, please :getin:

Looked through Morgan Blackhand's Street Weapons of 2020 (Which is basically a compilation of all the guns in various other splats and then some more) and couldn't find an FN-SAP, sorry.

I did find the FN-RAL though which aside from the perspective issues of the art is rather... well,

It looks oddly familiar! :thunk:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Turin Turambar posted:

Maybe I need to progress the main quest to unlock some of them.

While it'll show things you don't have the money or attributes for, I think anything that requires a higher Street Cred is hidden.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

veni veni veni posted:

What is even the point in buying any cars after buying the not the Akira bike?

Speaking of the Yaiba Kusanagi, I found a street modded version sitting around at a market and oh boy its kinda ugly when you rip off some of the body work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

mobby_6kl posted:

Why use anything with two wheels when you can have six?

I have driven one of those once (granted it was a "stock" model). I swear it had a turning radius the size of a Megatower's foundation.