Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Bear posted:

Holy poo poo this game is amazing and pretty much everything I wanted.

Also quite impressed that the game defaulted to ultra/high settings with rtx on at 1080p. Specs are Ryzen 7 3700X, 16gb RAM, Geforce 2070 RTX Super. Seems to hold up at a pretty solid 40-60fps average which is fine with me.
It also chose Ultra for my 1070 and ivy bridge CPU so...

ymgve posted:

There could be some confusion between "prologue" meaning the path-specific prologue which is like 30 mins - 1 hour long and the full prologue which takes at least 5-6 hours before you reach the game's title card.
Ahh so I guess it's not the montage sequence after meeting Jackie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What difficulty are y'all playing this on? I started on hard because of course, but combat is pretty frustrating, the enemies are spongy and are constantly setting me on fire when I can't even see them. Dying constantly (the 25 fps don't help of course)

i am a moron posted:

Actually, I wanted a game where I could make a big tittied anime dickgirl with a giant nutsack. But the breast options don't go to "anime" and there is no ball/nutsack customization. Therefore, 0/10
They should've hired whoever did the horse dong/pussy in RDR2 for this

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Palpek posted:

This game feels to me like a modern take on the Fallout 3 formula in a different universe, some new systems and a better combat. Not The Witcher 3 and not Deus Ex.
That's how I described it to my friend. Never played the Witcher and Fallout is about the most RPG i can take so this is working pretty well for me so far

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
After updating the drivers and overclocking my 1070 to the limit, I'm getting about 30fps at 1440p on High. I have to drop down to low or 1080p to get a solid 40. I haven't really done a proper A/B comparison but it seems there's very little difference between Ultra, High and even Medium (in terms of visuals or performance), while Low looks like rear end so I avoid it.

I think someone posted they're getting 40-50fps on a 1070 so I'm curious how that's possible outside of running it at complete potato quality. That was before the patch was out even, though I'm curious if it would help at all.

Nathilus posted:

I woke up with keanu.exe installed. He's being very mean. I got dressed and my best pants are denim hot pants, so im rolling around with a tacticlol vest, combat boots, and hot pants. Went to my car and an AI uber screamed BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER at me and totaled my ride. Not having the best cyberday tbh.
Same, but it said getting clothes is optional so I didn't.

It's no Saints Row 2 (but what is) but let's see how far you can go like that.

Also I want Johnny's gun where do I get one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nathilus posted:

I looked this up and apparently its very endgame, also locked behind doing keanu sidequests.

After main mission chippin' in, a side quest called voodoo boys is unlocked. That's it.
Ahh thanks. Sucks it's at the end because I want to make some heads asplode.

Aphex- posted:

The way other characters interact with you and the environment when you're talking and getting missions, as well as on missions is so good. I think that for me adds the most immersion to this game over other open world games of its ilk like Fallout and Outer Worlds where the whole interaction you're fixed, staring at their face while they awkwardly talk back while hardly moving.

Also the driving in this game absolutely rules, feels like the cars have actual weight and physics to them. The only reason why driving is annoying is because of the dumb mini map. Saying that I've been using a controller for driving, lol at anyone using mouse and keyboard for that.
Yeah agreed on the first point, it's really nicely done.

I don't think you'll be able to convince me that driving doesn't suck. Maybe it's supposed to represent 80s car handling? But even those weren't that bad.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I had no expectations going into this so I'm pretty happy. That said some stuff that sucks:
  • Biggest immersion break when after the epilogue, one of the objectives is to eat something. You go out and downstairs, there's like a dozen of fast food stalls and you can't buy anything. Even at the place you had lunch with Jackie in a scripted sequence.
  • Zombie NPCs were already mentioned. It's really weak considering what we've seen not only in GTA5, but also in Saints Row like 12 years ago. I'm running around naked and nobody reacts here, but in SR2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=101kMM45ALc
  • Enemy AI is pretty poo poo. I played the hotel in stealth mode and most enemies just stand there. Just perfectly still in the middle of a corridor. If there's a firefight, they're pretty bad at mounting a coordinated attack. I don't know to what degree FEAR was scripted, but it felt like they behaved very reasonably in a dynamic environment.
  • After the epilogue you get bombarded with phone calls and messages, and I now have like 25 side jobs. Really weird they decided to drop it like that instead of gradually introducing more stuff.

But the story and especially the graphics/atmosphere are spot on so it's pretty enjoyable despite of that stuff.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any kind of morality/karma system in this game? I just murdered the BD dealer in Disasterpiece to save 1000 bucks, not that I'm particularly concerned about him of course.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think I just managed to dump a still conscious henchman into a container somehow so I can't save because it's still in combat mode. He shows up on the radar and shouts something from time to time.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just now realized you can tag people with your scanner vision. LOL. Also just now got a katana for first time in 27h and it's amazing!
They show this in the tutorials. And there's a katana stashed in the Clouds establishment, not sure how many hours in it's at but definitely not 27.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

This happened to me with a dead body. There was a dead man lying face down with half his head missing screaming "IM GONNA KICK YOUR rear end" nonstop.
Now that you mention it, I do sometimes see twitching corpses but they seem to be dead as far as the game is concerned.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Had that exact same thing happen last night. I thought she was going to give me a job. I guess she sort of did :pervert:
How did you manage this? I didn't come close to banging. Just like IRL I suppose.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

How did you manage this? I didn't come close to banging. Just like IRL I suppose.
Ahh never mind, just after I finished murdering like two dozen dudes in the powerplant she sent me a message and I think I have a date! Who knew it was going to be that easy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's the deal with Rogue's $15,000 mission? I go see Panam (lol) and apparently I'm doing the job behind Rogue's back, even though I thought I went by the plan. Did I miss something at 2am yesterday or is this how it's supposed to go?

UP AND ADAM posted:

This is one thing I wanted to post about. I think female V nails it too. All the tones the material asks her to hit, she does well. It's really made a difference on my enjoyment of the quests.
Yeah, haven't played as the male (and there's no way to change of course) but she's good.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

fatelvis posted:

Im getting the same thing pretty much. I say in a crowded area changing all of the settings, and there was no fps difference between everything on ultra, and everything on low.

Hardware monitors say I'm only using 50-60 percent in both GPU and CPU. It's damned weird.
For me on a GTX 1070, there's very little difference between Ultra and Medium but Low speeds things up significantly.

Maybe it's a CPU bottleneck? Have you tried that hex fix? Although that's kind of strange anyway because I can push over 60 fps on a 3470 if I drop the resolution enough.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Gt2g92q.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Randarkman posted:

Got that one as well!
Reminds me of old school physics bugs where you'd get randomly launched to the other side of the map or fall through the level. Haven't been seeing these recently any more.

ymgve posted:

Yeah, I really wish there was some dedicated "crawl through window/vault over cover" button.

In that same area, in the gas station, there is a locked door that either requires body to open or authorization. Anyone found out where you can get the authorization? I assume it's just some junk loot but closed off areas like that annoy me.
The normal jump + crouch is ok for me but it's not really clear how much of the window you have to clear out since it doesn't fall apart immediately, so I just tried it as soon as there were a few holes and then this happened, several times lol.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How do I actually upgrade the guns? They're all amazingly useless, even the purple precision rifle I picked up recently requires half a dozen shots to put anyone down and the assault rifle takes at least a full mag.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for posting the DF video. I knew there had to be something that made the performance difference between low and medium so significant and it seems that their suggestions increase the fps by quite a bit.

They also have a pretty good overview of RT features. The game looks amazing with the pre-baked stuff but it's incredible how much more natural RT looks, especially if you can pull of Psycho...

Rinkles posted:

she has found inner peace
Who wouldn't in that instance

LifeSunDeath posted:

this rules, also the Bottoms Up ads make me laugh, esp the animated ones.
Yeah me too. I don't know if it's intentional but the guy reminds me of the "i'd buy that for a dollar" dude

ZeeBoi posted:

There should be an “upgrades” tab under crafting. If you have the materials (and high enough level?), weapons will show up as upgradable.
Ahh thanks, I just realized I never even looked at crafting. It's never mentioned by the game so I didn't bother going there.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

This lady honked her horn at me, so I discovered you can beat a car with a bat until it blows up and no crime gets reported, also they get out after it's on fire a bit and just stand there next to it until it explodes.

satisfying
One of the Johnnycabs I was supposed to recover crashed and flipped on its side (all by itself, before I even got close to it), so I punched it with my fists until it was damaged enough to agree to return to base lol.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In "The Hunt" braindance, how do you move on to the next section? The quest instruction says to go to the next one but I can't.

I just did the one in the school, scanned the bulletin boards and the trophy, then the cow showed up and I'm just stuck there looking at it like an rear end in a top hat.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ice Phisherman posted:

You hit the x key (on PC), which isn't on the screen. That happens sometimes and you just have to end it without being told.
poo poo, thanks, that's it. Isn't it the C key usually to exit the braindance? Oh well, I'm moving on.

Oneiros posted:

the guy i was assigned/picked for the dollhouse mission was hot af and i wanted to be held in his arms
You can also have homosexual relations with several characters in the game. And I came across a trans woman talking about how she has to work just as hard as everyone and (presumably) a CIS being dismissive to her. Overall the world is of course disgusting, but I think showing that dystopia is kind of the point.

quote:

I can see how you'd mistake it for GTA based on the marketing, but once you see how the game portrays interactions with the police and how the story works, why would it make sense for them to have spent time adding fun game mechanics around things the game is trying to penalise you for and discourage you from doing? Just because you can mistake this game for GTA at first glance doesn't mean you should jump in with both feet and say the ways in which they are different are flaws.
Of course it wouldn't make sense to clone GTA here, I think the issue is that they just ended up with a clumsy half-baked result. Just say you can't drive cars because only rich people can afford them, like in Singapore or something. So you use fast travel or ride passenger, bam, problem solved.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sing Along posted:

I have now completely broken the game's crafting system over my knee. Once you can craft legendary items it becomes absurdly easy. If you have the recipe for the Panacea mod, a legendary clothing mod that provides immunity to poison and shock, the math works as follows:

Cost:

3 Rare Item Components
1 Legendary Item Component

Disassembly Value:

4 Common Item Components
3 Uncommon Item Components
3 Rare Item Componentst
3 Rare Upgrade Components
1 Epic Item Component
1 Epic Upgrade Component
1 Legendary Item Component
3 (!) Legendary Upgrade Components

Now, it's already pretty clear that you can just assemble and disassemble these until you have tons of everything but the legendary item component, right? It's still such that if you put one legendary item component in you get one out. Not so fast.

20% of the time you craft one, you get a free one. This scales rapidly.
Lol. I'm so loving bad at crafting. I basically only upgraded a few guns and I'm now worried I'll finish the game before I actually get/make any decent guns. I'm doing a few side missions now so I guess that's the chance to grind some points crafting skills there.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

double negative posted:

fascinated at the decision to make the "crouch" button also the "fast forward" button

It took a while for this to become a problem, but then I was stuck crouching during an 5 minute conversation :argh:

I said come in! posted:

I mean it just happens to be done in the exact same way as a real world medical device that is intended to induce a seizure. Not many ways to interpret that.
So which part of the game is supposedly problematic? I'm not doubting it but I don't think I noticed anything out of the ordinary for a game.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

Note that FEAR was at heart a corridor shooter, so every encounter had a lot less parameters that could vary than an open world game with multiple routes. I don't remember, did enemies in DXHR have AI on that level?

I brought up FEAR earlier too. It's of course a corridor shooter but honestly all the fights here are also carefully set up set pieces too. You go to the animal warehouse and shoot it up. You go into that cave and shoot everyone inside. Etc etc., there aren't really any massive rolling hoping battles taking place in the city.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

You get an email early on saying you need to pay your rent or they'll kick you out. Is there a place to pay rent or any consequence of that?

No, tell the landlord there's a pandemic going on and you're not paying poo poo

E: holy poo poo Andrew

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 14, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

welcome to the dark future

Have to wait for the flashlight and duct tape DLC

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of ACAB, I didn't realize the game changed your clothes after "Following the River" until much later

TeaJay posted:

Romance:

Am I supposed to get anywhere in the motel with Panam or is it the correct way to proceed to get shot down like a goon immediately
The actual opportunity to close the deal is later on I think. But I was also playing a female V and that's a no go sadly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh poo poo, so just did a mission where they talk about line of sight dishes, and that's how I found that cool crafting mat yesterday, this game would have hinted me in this mission but I figured that poo poo out myself! Yeah RPGs!

The what? What does it do? I did that mission yesterday too (pretty cool, btw) but not sure how it's connected to crafting mats.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just did the first race with Clarice (?), I thought she was supposed to be the gunner but she didn't shoot anyone :(

LifeSunDeath posted:

I found a house in the hills, a fancy one, with nothing inside, but noticed a weird rear end dish on top, I just guessed maybe since it was pointing down it pointed to something useful, so I followed the line of sight to the hill next to it and found a dead guy and a legendary crafting mat for a shotty. But I figured this out before I did that one mission, it just seemed like a visual clue and it totally paid off, I love this game!

This is where the house is, you'll notice immediately the tri-lobed sat dish on top, follow where it points

Dead paparazzi

next to him in a backpack is this shotgun mat:

Oh cool thanks, there's no way I'd come across that, awesome.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
They do it.

But only for a handful of races lol.

LionArcher posted:

https://twitter.com/steven_0117/status/1338777092155125762?s=21

The joy I get out of this C- game (at best) being fawned over while a majority of the customer base gets more or less screwed if they want a refund is seeing stuff like this.

"punishes"? That's a pretty sick stunt

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I played mainly stealth for like half of the game because my guns were garbage and I didn't bother upgrading hacking because the game didn't teach me how.

With mantis blades, better guns and a few perks to give headshot bonuses it's now a bit better but I still have to dumo half a mag into some assholes' head to bring them down.

Sab669 posted:

Hacking is more of a combat play style rather than a "Get super secret access to things" like in Fallout or Deus Ex.

It's more like, do you want to use Guns or Computers? Pick your preferred weapon and focus on its related stat and then grab Tech for the Crafting/Engineering perks I'd say.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of dildos, I'm disappointed that thing that is part dildo part ballgag can't be equipped as your face accessory

TeaJay posted:

Can you show where this is on the map?
And was the mission before or after you get the hover tank?

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 15, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eraflure posted:

Closest thing to a van I drove was Claire's truck in the desert race and it was absolutely miserable, I think it flipped like 5 times for no reason whatsoever.

I think it's just the terrain. I drover her truck in the first mission because I fast traveled there and it was ok. There are a bunch of vans on the streets but I never wanted to steal (or buy) one. The little MR2 car was pretty slow, I guess just like the real one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I somehow managed to bug an HMG into my inventory, I didn't even realize I have it until I went to pick up my gun in one of the side missions I forgot about and it was right there.

It doesn't actually show up in your normal inventory, only on the trading screen. I then went to another place and tried selling/buying it back but it won't stay on me, it's either equipped or gets dropped. Any ideas how that happens?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing on hard and some encounters are really proper difficult, to the point of taking half a dozen reloads sometimes. But mostly it's still doable with a bit of plannig and using stealth to thin out the herds

dyzzy posted:

Nothing egregious here imo, I agree with a lot of it and especially his conclusion.

Also someone in the comments mentions that Kang Tao was a Taiwanese corp in the source material and it's been made a Chinese corp in the game :thunk:
Yeah it pretty much mirrors my experience and opinion, good review :smug:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 16, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Will Rivers be mad at me if I also gently caress Judy on the side? He's so nice but I'm very horny.

Rinkles posted:

crit gear is always nice. on harder difficulties it begins to matter.
I seem to get murdered in a few shots/hits no matter what. I don't know if there's better stuff anywhere but I think the best item I found was like a 90 jacket

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

River just ran straight over a pedestrian while driving me to a quest.

That's cold dude.

Also ran another car off the road when driving to the trailer park. So I guess we're not that different after all.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Maybe you have to shoot her and then loot the dress

Tenzarin posted:

Cyberbug 2077

Has nobody really called it Cyberjank yet

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is the PC patch worth it? I'm avoiding updates to preserve my dildos so it better be good!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

What is even the point in buying any cars after buying the not the Akira bike?
Why use anything with two wheels when you can have six?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ChrisBTY posted:

To make loving her in a tank that much better.

Does anybody else find it funny that fixers sic you on their own gangs? Makoto is the leading cause of death for Tiger Claws I swear.

Wait you can gently caress in the tank? Ugh don't make me replay with a male V.

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok, about Sniper Rifles: Overwatch is the only Sniper Rifle I got with a decent scope and a silencer, aka two things a Sniper Rifle needs to be an effective weapon. Are there others? None of the Snipers I saw even had a silencer slot. Of course after Overwatch I stopped paying attention so...

Yeah I think it's the only one. I got one from Beat On The Brat that does a ridiculousl amount of damage but I can't put a silimcer on it.

Also I never noticed but you can pretty quickly grind "breach protocol" by just repeatedly using some item to distract enemies in a safe environment. It goes pretty quickly if you have a decent amount of RAM.