Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It really does seem like it will be. The worst instincts and choices they made with the Witcher 1&2 but with a AAA budget. Remember this is the company that had a game character get a centre-fold in Poland's PlayBoy.

Honestly that in itself is pretty cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So there was an edition of the tabletop game that had a budget of 20 bucks? They couldnt an artist so had to make do with photos of action figures.

Would I be right in thinking that it will never be reprinted and nobody wants to talk about it?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

coolusername posted:

No, what I want IS it to be like, a modern Witcher iii
(But this time I can make a cool lady), maybe have a little nice romance, and do a lot of fun storylines. It's just all the advertising and things I keep hearing is like "it's an even sexier GTA! Choose your dick size and then go wander a land full of sexy tits and rear end! Playboy magazines baby!" Like it's a triple aaa come play my lord makes me concerned that this is absolutely focused on the big money making market I am absolutely not included in, you know? So if there are less... That.. sorts of trailers and talks I want to know.

Honestly, same. People hyping this up to be some sort of all defining perfect gaming experience are on a Star Citizen level of self deception*

*Resetera lol

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

https://open.spotify.com/album/5ugtQIITeIJySJN7Rr7gOC?si=n8CoH4FQRUGHtODm8gSCMA

Looks like some of the game score is up on Spotify

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

itry posted:

I added some entries to the genre recommendations part of the OP.

That's understandable, but there's also the reported lack of review codes being given. And giving review codes so close to the release time will result in subpar reviews as people rush to compile their impressions. So that's counterproductive.

I'd really recommend Altered Carbon: Resleeved in particular, the standalone animated movie, it's VERY CP2077 in looks and execution, even moreso than the TV show imho.

Oh, and Person of Interest is lighter ion the scifi stuff but does a great job of portraying a runner group (and dystopian as heck)

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 7, 2020

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Talkc posted:

I feel really awkward as a trans woman with this game, cause i was like cool! They added options. And now im sitting here feeling like im through the looking glass, like "i guess im a stupid chud" cause of how ignorant i am about transphobia and poo poo from where i live. And by that i mean "subtle" transphobia. I'm not really endeared to the concept. In my family, and where i live its pretty substantially blatant.

I feel like i live in a loving hole where the idea that an LGBT community is a literal magic land, and nothing has highlighted that more than the dialog about this game.

I guess im the fat stupid chick who was excited that i get to run around with a dick and tits and be an action hero.

gently caress that, have fun with the game as you intended. Nobody gets to speak for how you should or shouldn't enjoy your experience.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Why would you show me this, I now want this and it doesn't exist :(

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

If you need a really ott, cyberpunk in mostly aesthetic only, ultimately fun show, the anime Akudama Drive thats airing right now might do you.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

smoobles posted:

steam doesnt even give me the option to update, just a grayed out "play" button

same

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Restarted steam, the storefront is dead but it's patching now

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

After I take a photo (Steam/Pc) where can I actually find it?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

History Comes Inside! posted:

During the heist the case for the Flathead stayed floating in the hallway outside the room while the robot hovered around.

Then on the way out the last guard who holds the keycard you need to get into the lift didn’t spawn until I was inside the lift, which I only managed to do because the doors started flickering in and out of existence as I ran towards it

Game good though.

I had exactly these bugs in exactly these places.

Game is fun as gently caress still.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

With all the talk of poor performance, loads of bugs, and The Discourse at critical levels, I feel it's important to take a moment and remember why we play.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Has anyone come across a Smart LMG in their playthrough? I want to turn the bullet hose on around corners

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I said come in! posted:

There is an NPC coming up in an early act that I think will be better for this meme. :colbert:

She's fine, I GUESS

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

crime fighting hog posted:

Are their motorcycles? I want the Akira bike.

Yes, in fact the game gives you a rather neat bike quite early, and one of the bikes IS the Akira bike.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

20 hours in and only found the defender lmg, are there more types?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pylons posted:

I got a car from it. What choice did you make at the end?

yeah I got the same as you

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Turin Turambar posted:

Level 22 already, I have 160k eddies. What's a good car to buy?

A motorbike, until they fix the cars handling

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I mostly wish the brakes worked better!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Celexi posted:

this game doesn't have an AI, which most games have had for almost 20 years now

This is Delamain erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Anyone got some good general guidelines for a hacker build?

Not played since the first month the game was out and I'm absolutely lost here!