Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

don't know why people are surprised it's horny after all these trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak16XxnJK0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Oh, I thought that was out of 10, not 100.

the site did rate it 10/10, metacritic just rescales everything onto a 100 point scale

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

That's with ray tracing on relax

It's ultra ray-tracing too, the game has raytracing settings below that

If it's anything like Control then medium RT might be more sensible (that gave you the fancy reflections but disabled the more subtle effects)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah much of it is down to expectations, the average console gamer can deal with 30fps but the average PC enjoyer expects at least 60fps so they innately need twice as much hardware power to run the same effects

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So DLSS is designed to improve performance, and with very little trade off?

Yep, that's the idea. The implementation quality varies a bit between games but it can work incredibly well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggnvhFSrPGE&t=959s

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

They are talking about Denovu, the performance claim is false in this case.

With VM packers like Denuvo it depends on which parts of the executable get transformed, they're supposed to carefully mark out non-performance-critical sections to be DRMed but for a press-only release I could see them half assing that and letting it insert checks wherever

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

gasman posted:

Uh, the 1660ti is RT capable?

The 1000 and 1600 series cards don't have RT hardware, but they have a software RT implementation in their drivers

It's extremely slow and almost never worth using

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Wouldn't that result in shittier results, or can a company still do a trained one?

DLSS 1 needed per-game training because it tried to guess what extra details should be in the higher resolution version, which depends on the games specific art style, effects, etc

DLSS 2 is more like a fancy version of TAA, accumulating detail over multiple frames rather than guessing, so it's less dependent on the games visual style and a generic training set works well enough

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone know i can expect framerate-wise on a 2080ti? i game in 1080p. think i could lock 120fps?

The official Nvidia benchmarks say you'll get 70fps with ultra settings (including raytracing) and DLSS Quality

120 might be doable if you drop raytracing or use a lower DLSS mode? Depends how CPU limited the game is

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Ray Tracing on Consoles basically. You can choose between "Looks pretty" and "Stable framerate" as seems to be the standard for what we've seen with Ray Tracing on the new consoles.

There is no raytracing on the console versions right now, maybe there will be in the nextgen versions but those are launching next year

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

They were saying in the youtube comments that its an effect that happens when you're coming down off of cyberdrugs

That explains the glitchy effects but it's still running at 20fps :barf:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Rookoo posted:

My monitor's 1440p 144hz with Gsync, and I'm running a rtx 2070 super, anyone know if it's recommended (or even possible) to set the game res to 1080p and DLSS it up to 1440p to get the most frames, or will it look garbo?

With DLSS you set the game resolution to the output you want, so 1440p in your case, and enabling DLSS will actually make it render at a lower resolution internally

"DLSS Quality" at 1440p output usually means a 960p internal resolution

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Why in the world is TAA on by default, with no way to disable it in game?

It looks like that's the cause of a lot of the game's fuzzy look, and a cause of odd ghosting/artifacts. I wonder if it's also baked into the console releases.

Mindblast posted:

Someone in this thread managed to turn it off and lolled at the excessive amount of jaggies. So that's prolly why.

Yeah this is how it looks apparently, it's one of those games where everything is designed around TAA and it falls apart completely if you force it off

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I didn't see it increase RAM or VRAM usage in a quick test, but I need to get RTSS or something up to really measure it. E: I suspect the file does affect memory usage, but maybe not in an obvious way, or maybe only in development mode. If there's something wrong with it we'll know because CDPR will patch the file pretty promptly I suspect.

I did see a change in CPU utilization on my 3900X from that hex edit, though:

Didn't have time to do a repeatable FPS measurement or otherwise compare scenes, though.

Tomshardware found the SMT fix to be a win up to 8 cores but a regression on bigger chips

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-amd-ryzen-performance-bug-fix-testing

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol

https://i.imgur.com/jlhalWL.mp4

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Peterquill47/status/1338274620076675079

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

You know what this means! More crunch until Sony agrees to relist the game! :woop:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly they really should have leaned HARD on the life choices and basically fragment the game between them. So nomads would have a certain way to complete the story (which may involve certain missions but not others) while street kid’s path would play similar but with more city connections and finally corpo would have a better understanding of the Arasaka situation and could play that angle. Basically, actually make the choice mean something. Basically setting up 3 life paths but then having them all meet in the same point 20 minutes into the game is loving stupid as all hell.

Didn't they originally show a much wider set of choices for your characters background, then say they were streamlining it down to 3 choices so they could develop each one more deeply? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

100% there was not a discussion and Sony just did it

or the discussion was sony saying "get this poo poo off our store" and cdpr saying "yes sir"

if cdpr were doing this voluntarily they'd have pulled it from the xbox store too, the xbox version runs even worse