Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

peter gabriel posted:

Also I seem to be spontaneously combusting which honestly has had me giggling like an idiot lol, the thought of me running around on fire at random intense intervals is hilarious.

If you're in a fight, that's an enemy netrunner using overheat hacks on you. If you're not in a fight....the game is known to have just a tiny, ever-so-small amount of bugs :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC, originally there was gonna be three major characters from the sourcebooks intertwined with V throughout the game, depending on what life path you chose, all of which ended up getting cut of course. I know Johnny was supposed to be one but I forget the other two (maybe someone from Arasaka and Grimes' character? not sure).

Saburo Arasaka and Morgan Blackhand, iirc

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

spouse posted:

Who knows, maybe the ransomware guys will fix the cops spawning behind you and make naked V stop Tposing on my motorcycle.

Otoh, maybe there's design space to expand on the Night City Erotic Motorcycle Display Team

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

why drive other cars when the avenger looks so drat good??

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Why is there AR navigation for the races but not for general driving? :colbert:

this is a question I also want answered!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Earwicker posted:

worst of all, they give you a motorcycle and a katana but it's not possible to use both at the same time

once again, Saint's Row 2 remains the high water mark for the genre

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

No matter where your expectations were set, I think we call all agree on that the game has some absolute standouts (the music) and some absolute nadirs (the food modeling).

Seriously tho, cars, faces, clothes? Incredible. Some yakitori? Ugly brown blobs.
C'mon CDPR, Japanese devs solved this ages ago!!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Wow, ok. I retract music as 'the one good thing we can all agree on' :shobon:
It's funny GTA 3 got brought up - I was thinking the other day about how that's the ur-example of a big developer deciding to do their own radio station music and doing it well. Then I spent the rest of the workday listening to Rise FM.

I am glad, however, that we are a united front about the garbage-looking food.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

New vegas and alpha protocol on the xbox 360. Your welcome

Alpha Protocol isn't an open world game. New Vegas is a good call tho!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Speaking of ol' Adam Smashman, ever wanted to remove 70% of his health in approx .5 seconds?

Ever wanted to effortlessly turn an entire freeway to smouldering wreckage!?

If so my friend, the Prototype Shingen is what you seek! Boom boom boom!!

Surprised I've never seen anyone mention it before, it's a v fun way to leave your enemies in little pieces :sickos:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Without going into the specifics of any other ending, is this the "bad" ending?

Vagabundo posted:

Specifics of every other ending

You got what most people would think of as the middle ending, there's one that's bleaker and one that's somewhat brighter (but you're on the money that there's no true happiness in NC).

E: there's also a different ending if you make the opposite choice to the one you did, that's also sits somewhere in the middle.

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Sachant posted:

:hmmyes:

It amazes me how something like this is the third game in its series with years of lessons learned and opportunities to improve and it still ends up so mediocre. I have to at least give them credit for taking a risk on the procedurally generated characters thing, but the overall story is just so drat lame and predictable.

On paper it was a really interesting twist on the formula, but from what I've seen the real problem is that the mechanics and mission design just did not support the recruit-and-play-as-anyone concept.