Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Didn't watch too much of that video because I'm hoping to just enjoy this fresh but saw him shoot a car a couple times in its tire causing it to catch on fire and then blow up. Not what you expect to see from AAA game of the year bait.

Man I hope if its a janky mess the jank is like, Skyrim, not Andromeda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I wonder how well a 3080 will handle 3840x1600. I'm guessing not well given the 4k benchmarks

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Double post somehow

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
A couple reviews I read said ray tracing was good in this has anyone seen live comparisons with and without?

Not having reflections of your own character seems like a big tell it's not that well implemented

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Nvidia released some numbers saying a 3090 can't push 4k60 fps at ultra quality with rtx and dlss.

You can probably turn off high quality street debris and get some performance increases without much noticeable difference though. Who knows, we'll see tomorrow

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Qmass posted:

PS4 slim footage - looks good TBH

https://streamable.com/ag7tus

Woof. Emptyass dead city

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Shirkelton posted:

Also, the early game montages make it really obvious how much time this game needed, because it'll flip between shots that look gorgeous to shots that look a generation old.

More than a gen old. I cannot get over that ps4 driving video. Go back and look at sleeping dogs, released in 2012, and compare. I'm not sure the city in cyberpunk looks that much better. I get its old hardware but drat

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Have the dudes who got early PC copies and are benchmarking them identified the performance hog settings that you can turn down without sacrificing quality? What is this generations hairworks

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Availability is terrible, but maybe you can walk into your local Computer Parts Store and get lucky. Otherwise you get to :f5: on a stock discord with a few dozen other goons, several of whom probably already have three different 3070s and 3080s on a shelf as they search for the exact model they want...

In general, Ultra settings in a launch CDPR title will be ironic settings to make Top Tier systems look like my avatar. You can probably start with High/Very High and see what actually looks better when bumped to ultra.

The caveat is that, apparently, you need RTX set to ultra if you want reflections, so :rip:.

Yeah. Mixed messages on the rtx too, some of the screenshots don't look great but the digital foundry guys said the rtx implementation was exceptional. We'll see soon I guess

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
204mb/s disk usage, VROOM VROOM HERE WE GO

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Didn't take long to make myself look like an absolute loving idiot. If you see me in Night City kick my rear end.

Looks like soy felix

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Rtx 3080 with everything cranked w/ rtx at ultra and auto DLSS on 3840x1600 gets me a bit under 60fps average, but I haven't noticed any real 1% dips or stuttering. Game looks and sounds great, have seen some minor glitches but not as much jank as I'd expected.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I played to Act 1 last night. Encountered some glitches and weirdness, nothing too bad so far.

Game is beautiful, city more immersive than I thought it would be so far. Comparison I'd make is Deus Ex meets Sleeping Dogs.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

Some parts of the game, like the menus, don't play well with ultra-wide screen resolutions. Unfortunately it's going to take a patch to fix.

It's like it knows your horizontal resolution and renders it that way, but then another section of the code says NO ALL MENUS ARE 16x9 ASPECT ONLY and then this happens.

Yeah the hacking screen fucks up for me on 3840x1600. I haven't had too many other issues with it but almost couldn't progress because of that issue and a hacking story component

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
This brawling minigame can suck my loving dick

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I keep getting some weird bug where when I die it changes my resolution from 3840x1600 to 1440p, but doesn't resize the UI elements, so I have black bars down the side of the screen cutting off my ammo, map, etc. Makes dying that much more annoying. Have to go in and change the resolution, apply, and then change again to fix.

Anyways I can see the game not being for everyone but I've read a couple of the negative reviews in the last 10 pages or so and recognize nothing about the game I'm playing in them. Game is pretty good despite jack and some absolutely mystifying design choices (the c to skip and crouch thing being up there)

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I really enjoy stealth hacking. Its slower but hasn't lost its charm yet.

Enemies are pretty spongy on hard.

I'm considering just going deep int/hacking and stealth and not worrying too much about guns. Pick up melee later maybe

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is there a skill, implant, or ability that automatically highlights interactables later on? I end up missing half of the prettiness of the game searching every corner for bottles and pistols.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Are there any story consequences later to (Act 1 spoiler) stealing the Militech money from the chip and keeping it to yourself?

Also, what are daemons and how do they relate to breach / quickhacking? Not sure I understand it

edit 2: not really clear to me how upgrading or quality of items works in this game. you can just pick stuff you like an upgrade it continuously to get it to where you need it to be? looting weapons and selling them doesn't seem to give much for cash.

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 11, 2020

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Garry the Prophet bears a very strong resemblance to one Mr Seagal

The blue stars on the maps are jobs to help the police I thought according to the tutorial

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I can't get my arms around the stealth in this game. Half the time I get detected I'm not sure what detected me. Disabling cameras, tagging targets, just doesn't seem to matter

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Game is gorgeous

The screenshots look good, but what really blows me away is how they look in motion. I was driving along the water back from an early game mission with most of the city in view and was blown away at how good it looked

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
There's like 4 or 5 materially different endings to that quest, it's not a bad example of choice in actions

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

The Arroyo beat up the brat quest lists as medium but I do 1% damage and he does like 30% damage so...lol on doing that I guess.

Just knock down the game difficulty for the brawls. If you don't have points in body or blunt they're pointlessly difficult on higher difficulties

On the twins one I tried for quite a while but even if I parried perfectly for each hit i was not doing much to them and would eventually get a whittled down by bullshit like one twin clipping through the other and hitting me during an animation or without warning

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
double jump changes the game. get double jump as a priority. also, a good cyberdeck or one of the slow down mods

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Walk the Line spoiler: I'm surprised they even made it a choice not to wipe out the Vodoo Boys. They lie to you twice, basically try to kill you, and treat you like a piece of poo poo on their boots in return for basically nothing.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

pmchem posted:

anyone in this thread have a 3xxx nvidia card with RT who is... not using raytracing in CP2077?

Looking at these comparison shots:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/cyberpunk-2077-benchmark-test-performance/4.html

it seems like RT OFF may actually be better (read: prettier, improved aesthetic) than RT on in most scenes?

I find rt looks better in the dark, and the reflections in all cases look good. I notice it less/ think it looks worse outside especially when it's bright.

Indoor spaces, the markets, etc look great with the neon, reflections in puddles, etc.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
How do you upgrade items to keep up with your level? When I upgrade things they seem to get very small incremental bonuses only

What goes well with a melee run? I feel like I've kind of hosed the game by going into quick hacking because its pretty trivial. Katana berserk run seems like it might be fun

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Khanstant posted:

IIRC at one point they basically stated explicitly their game wasn't going to be trying to say anything strong or any big stance or make any waves, in part because their team includes people with altrightier takes on the things you'd expect a cyberpunk game to comment on.

I mean i don't care much about politics in video games because it's an inherently reactionary media form for babies, but I don't know how you can figure the game isn't taking any stance. Isn't the cyberpunk genre inherently a criticism of capitalism, financialization and exploitation?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
If you use the alternatives for your cyberpunk slots, can you still breach? Or do you get locked out of hacking and breaching both

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
On one of the cyberpsychos, it showed red when I targetted her and she was still writhing around on the ground, but the message I received suggested that she was counted as dead. Is there any difference in result if you kill them or take them alive?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Did they sneak push a patch or something? All my graphics settings reset, and then when I reset them things don't seem quite... right. Performance is ok, but I'm getting weird pop in that I wasn't before

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Whats telling for me about the game is I rarely use fast travel and am not skipping dialogue. Really enjoying the voice acting, writing, and rendering of the characters you deal with.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

If your definition of a good game is how throwing a grenade in water looks sure i guess.

Also could definitely make a similar comparison video with witcher 3

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

i just saw the v suicide ending because i could never do it for myself holy gently caress thats grim

I haven't reached, or spoiled myself, on the end, so maybe I'll end up being disappointed or upset by it, but nothing in the game so far has set me up to expect a good ending for V.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Big black bar with no intro in response to a post about the ending, definition of one I'm not mousing over

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
There's little flavorful drops in some places that you do wish were fleshed out a bit more. Like one of the ripperdocs is like yeah, even small amounts of cyberware have a noticeable effect on the mind, never slows you idiots down from chroming up though.

Then I bought a bunch of stuff to augment parts of my brain from him

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

BaronVanAwesome posted:

(Relatively early act 2 spoilers)

Really disappointed in anyone siding with the Cyber-police over Voodoo Boys. I may have also murdered all of them too, but...

ANWAB

I never considered siding with NetWatch, but ended up having to waste the voodoo boys because they wouldn't stop making GBS threads on me in a totally unnecessary way

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Where is the Akira bike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

nerve posted:

Wakako offers to sell it to you at some point

Thanks. It's called the YAIBA KUSANAGI CT-3X if anyone's curious