Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
There is only one spoiler clip I have actually seen, and it confirms that the sex scenes are even more hilarious than DA: Origins.
Looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So I guess Meredith is locked for corpo background only.
I wonder what other npc questlines and/or romances are completely locked just by choosing a path.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

How would I know what to expect when combat in Deus Ex consisted of 20+ hours of meticulous sneaking, dragging bodies into vents, and maybe about 3 minutes of shooting the final boss in the head over and over with a tranq rifle :confused:

Well, if you played before the Enhcnaed Edition or whatever it was called , you had to shoot at least 3 bosses.
Though honestly, 30% of my gametime was running around doing takedowns on EVERYONE.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

TheRat posted:

The guy on the stream who was making GBS threads on it just said "I didnt play much of witcher 3 because I didnt like witcher 3" so yeah Im not gonna take his opinion on anything game related

To be honest, I am not a very big fun of Witcher 3 gameplay mechanics wise as well, but I cannot dismiss everything else.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Slumpy posted:

ill go to places such as stevior and gameblogs.fr for my reviews.

i think i saw 1 reviewer in the 80 and up review page that i recognized

edit: i still want to suck Penis 2 if that makes you feel better

Is IGN really small now, cause I spot a 90 there.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Slumpy posted:

hey you spotted the aformentioned 1 i noticed

Well , there is also gamesradar, gameinformer and Vg247, which I remember being old/prevalent . But I do not really read reviews anymore, so I may have mixed them up.

I mostly care about bug reports than reviewing story/mechanics nowdays.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Kingdom Come Deliverance was an amazing game, and it was pretty much the poster child for eurojank.

The poster child or Eurojank is Gothic. Elex for modern times. Or Kingmaker that could not reach endgame state for 2 months.
Though the Rattay spear factory is still one of the most hilarious bugs that can crush a game to a halt this decade.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

Let's look at the good part people, we can play now one run, and in a few months do a second run with another background , when the game is patched!

And then a 3d run with all the DLC.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Brownie posted:

Has this ever happened with a big release? I really doubt that their patch for the game is going to suddenly fix all the bugs they haven't been able to fix in 5 years (including 8? months of death march).

Reports and conditions replicated by millions of users can point you to bugs you never knew they existed with a year of internal testing, in theory.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats sounds about right. people including me were expect a bigger jump in quest design, when they basicaly stuck to what worked, wish they had taken more risks but i could see them looking at biowares various risky ventures and saying "nah".

I am not sure if Bioware's ventures and whatnot faced the problem that they became too ambitious.
Rather, most people seem to wish Bioware stuck with what mostly worked.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

No, that goon is correct. The reason why ME: Andromeda was such a complete dumpster fire is they spent like 4 years trying to make No Man's Sky. They wanted to have procedural planets and quests that were generated across all these planets.

Then they saw it was way too much work, was taking way too long, cancelled that, and tried to crank out a ME3 sequel in like 2 years.

It was absolutely the problem.

I see.
I was thinking more in terms of how they were streamlining or straight-up downgrading between entries before that.
But if they seriously tried to make No Man's Sky the RPG (which was also a spectacular disappointment at release) with Andromeda, they were out of their goddamn minds.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Dating spoilers Sounds like people aren't sure if you have to be a street kid to romance judy. P persuasive for street kid if true

If romance exclusives decided my background, I'd be a nomad in a heartbeat.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Has CDPR mentioend if they will release any modding tools? Or is the game easy to mod regardless, perhaps. Witcher 3 had some extensive mods that help gameplay a lot.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

AlternateAccount posted:

How absolutely cool does it have to be for Pondsmith to see something he created so long ago realized to this level of detail and investment? That's gotta be really something.

If he got PAID, really awesome.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone else going for full Alpha Protocol Build (aka full stealth, full pistol and hacking)? Hacking having utility in combat directly is something really appealing (deckers just getting an aim boost in Shadowrun always irked me)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Romes128 posted:

I survived Kingdom Come Deliverance at launch.

o7

I am not sure if i could say I survived Kingmaker at launch, since I restarted 3 times before finishing a playthough, and had to wait 3 weeks to progress to endgame. And Bypassed most of the final dungeon with dimensional door.
Why do I do this to myself, again?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Palpek posted:

There's a magazine with TW3 in it and a wolf school jacket. That's it, the rest is way worse man, way worse.

No Roach

Not even Gwent? Or Pazaak?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

GB, home of the dude who literally didn't know that pirates robbed people

What? Like, how?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

alex314 posted:

1.05 removed "drop melee weapon to pick and equip" cheat for fistfights. On the other hand I've fought mr. SA and got him down without many issues with my level 35 body 7 character with no brawler perks or implants.

My 20 Int nerd V procs quickhacks when he crits even with fists, so I just wear all my crit boosting clothes and they die really fast. Only issue is that I die into hits from them (or anything in the world, really), but it adds a bit to the challenge.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Man, even the seemingly minor gigs end up depressing.
Charged with killing or kidnapping an Animal coach who killed somebody in a fight and did not give a gently caress by his mother, do the job, all good.
New assault icon shows up on the map in an area where I had cleared them all.
Said mother is dead, revenge for the revenge

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I dunno if it was a bug or just really poor writing, but the first time I met Woodman I shot him in the face, many times and assumed he was dead. Then later the game refers to me "roughing him up" and gives me the opportunity to actually kill him. If shooting him a hundred times and him lying on the ground like he was dead just counted as just beating him up vs killing him, maybe they should have added a little line of dialog where he goes "stop, no more" or just something indicating that I didn't actually finish him of, because that is some seriously sloppy storytelling lol.

There are a few cases where the flags between you killing or just beating up people does not register properly. I've gotten messages from at least 2 people I killed.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Infinite Karma posted:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Panam has a custom walking animation where she takes smaller steps, extra quickly, with her legs together, for maximum rear end aesthetics.

I'd like to think the game was delayed for two years solely to achieve that.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

what kinds of DPS are you non melee builds getting on your primary weapons?

Well, Legendary comrades hammer does like 2.6-3.2 kdamage with a single shot, but dps is 1.6k because it fires 0.3 shots per second. Has 80% chance of crit (plus 15 from sneak due to cold blood), 155% crit damage
and x5 headshot modifier. And I have not used mods yet. And my reflexes is like at 7. It feels kinda silly.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

Mr Hands romance announced. Reap the whirlwind, fiends.

More gigs with Mr. Hands. It's a shame he has like 2, 3?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Slashrat posted:

The game is riddled with instances of quest items lingering in your inventory after the relevant quest is concluded, even items that you supposedly handed over to other characters as part of the quest. It's pretty annoying and something I hope CD Projekt Red will clean up in the upcoming patch.

With the latest patch, the only equipment that sticks with the inventory from most reports are River's gun and everything Johnny related

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Delizin posted:

I agree with Dilettante. I interpreted that as Netwatch frying all the VDBs connected there and trying to get Alt and V, but Alt spiriting you away to safety. If you don't side with Netwatch then those VDBs don't die and you have the option of how to deal with them after you leave cyberspace.

Is there anyone who did not start Gun Diplomacy?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

That mission is so ham-handed and there's literally nothing to do at all in it besides watch a dude kill himself. What "meaningful" choice are you talking about?

edit:

Maybe it's because it's a quest where you actually get to talk to people? Honestly I just don't think it was that great or thought provoking.

Well, you can be like me and kill everyone at the start and let the dude take his revenge

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Calling it now: first big DLC adds a questline from Mr. Blue Eyes and at the end of it he tells you how to unlock the secret ending

Big plot decision is whether you ally with Mr. Blue Eyes or Mr. Hands.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I finished at 80 hours, but I will replay only when decent amount of content comes out (or a rework of mechanics like Witcher games got).
Solid 8/10 on PC.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Kraftwerk posted:

While I really like weapons such as Comrade's hammer I find that the reload times limit their effectiveness. If you go loud and have to fight you often get surrounded quickly and have to fight 3-4 people at once who in the time it takes you to reload can make your life miserable. Eventually you level up high enough that you can 1 shot most enemies with an assault rifle shot to the chest and that becomes far more effective than these single shot + reload weapons.

I'd rank my top 3 weapons in the following order

1. Moron Labe/Ajax with scope
2. Lizzie/Omaha Pistol - honorable mention to the Quasar
3. Overwatch or a Grad if I don't have overwatch yet

I'd add an honorable mention to Johnny's Malorian pistol.

I don't really see any reason why you'd want any other weapons here. The pistol could even be swapped for a melee weapon if people got too close and you're specced that way. Everything else seems like a gimmick to me. The smart weapons aren't as reliable as directly shooting heads yourself, revolvers are too slow and only suitable for silenced stealth kills, shotguns only work at point blank range and when you're higher level you can achieve similar results with the above weapons. SMGs drain shitloads of ammo, do minimal damage and are inaccurate compared to the fire control you get on an Ajax. The Copperhead works in a similar fashion and LMGs aren't flexible enough.

I did like Dying Knight quite a bit. Lots of bullets for burst and quick reload if needed when I mess up, extra headshot damage when I shoot from stealth OHKOing everything even without huge damage per hit.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think anything is randomly generated. I think you can theoretically just clear all of it.

Yep, only thing I did not clear were the car sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dying Night (?) the gun that the store owner gives you at the outset is perfectly serviceable for the quest, despite its low mag limit the reload speed is pretty good.

I'm bummed that by the time I play this game again (if I play again?) they're likely to have patched out some of the crucial exploits that allow me to ignore its worst systems. Thinking specifically abt the epic / legendary materials bug

I am personally just hoping the cheat engines/mods will be more robust at that point. I am not going through the process of clicking for each component again, no matter what.