Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I feel really awkward as a trans woman with this game, cause i was like cool! They added options. And now im sitting here feeling like im through the looking glass, like "i guess im a stupid chud" cause of how ignorant i am about transphobia and poo poo from where i live. And by that i mean "subtle" transphobia. I'm not really endeared to the concept. In my family, and where i live its pretty substantially blatant.

I feel like i live in a loving hole where the idea that an LGBT community is a literal magic land, and nothing has highlighted that more than the dialog about this game.

I guess im the fat stupid chick who was excited that i get to run around with a dick and tits and be an action hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
As a migraine sufferer, i know the thing i love in a video game the most, is someone trying to induce epilepsy.

Still holding out hope for a MIB Battle Royale where you can Nueralize your enemies at will.

Or what if the Ghostbusters Video Game from 2009, had decided to just depict the ghost trap as written? A hideous volume of light?

How about a VR Innovation! A Quest 2 with a small pnuematic hammer in it to emulate getting *loving shot*.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Turin Turambar posted:

Given they went so far as to make 6 types of male genitalia you can choose, the decision is pretty puzzling yeah...
Well, no puzzling, we all know what happened.

M rating came calling. You don't get on console with Male Genitalia. Hell the fact that it shows up at all is probably astoundingly pushing the boundary of what they can get away with with the ESRB or PEGi or whatever god forsaken death cult entombed in the halls of hell australia calls its rating crapshit.

Hell pointing to any of these regulatory bodies, im surprised they didn't get real weird about what is in the game. I know sure as gently caress all drugs being inhalants isnt just a cyberpunk rpg thing, its a sure fire work around for the ratings boards.

Like sexual content aside, the ratings boards are insanely weird and draconian, and even if they've gotten slightly relaxed in the last decade, their guidelines for what constitutes a rating is basically up to "This person doing the review and their weird hangups about DOOM". Especially when even after the fact, The console makers are still going to do their own look at content anyways. "I legitimately don't know why the ESRB Exists". Someone can give me a spiel about providing content advocacy information to parents, but its 2020. If you as a parent haven't already taken a committed and active role in keeping up to date and informed on your kids habits, it's too late.

It will be interesting to see in the days beyond what actually hit the cutting room floor for this game in order to actually ship it, with rating, with working content, and on its final deadline.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

CottonWolf posted:

There is. Which is another reason I don’t buy that explanation.

I don't know if i can even repeat it in this drat thread, but i read it here that basically You see your dick at character creation, and not much after that and not really any other dicks.

As i said theres dick in the game, not much, and its probably pushing the outside *extremes* of what the ESRB rates, and what the consoles will allow.

SEE: Conan Exiles. Game on PC has full on nudity, its restricted by the ESRB to partial nudity, in PEGI regions on console its full. I wish i was kidding about the ESRB and male dicks but they are *weird*. Also in my post i didnt say there was no male genitalia in the game, i said the ESRB doesn't usually let them happen in M rated. The outliers have been just that *outliers*. I can think of a small few times. Outlast has a pretty egregious use of male nudity in one of its DLC's that passed the board.

Prostitution is a *weird* topic for the ESRB. Having a prostitute of any kind in your game, is considered "sexual content". And depictions of LGBT content by both the MPAA and the ESRB have historically been skewed.

Is that the reason for a lack of male prostitutes? I have no loving idea.

What i do know though, is that the M+ rating has some hard loving limits in the ESRB, and cyberpunk pushes up against it harder than any game ive seen that passes rating.

I do know though the ESRB, and the MPAA have historically both been super weird and super draconian about nudity, where male genitalia is guarenteed to get you stricter ratings then women being nude or exploited. Its a bizzare double standard.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Hot dick take. Most people are gonna knee jerk at the very little actual dick in the game as they already have. Dicks don't actually show up that much in mainstream. Or in public mixed company discourse. You usually aren't telling grandma about your cyber dick at plague Christmas. Hey Dan, which hog did you go with on your V? Hell there's streamer settings for this game to censor the barely available dick in this game. Do I think there should be more? In my mind I think it should be a choice selection for this poo poo. No one's gonna be happy with the same amount of dick.

And here we are. Even in dicks cdpr gave a lacking response. *Rolls eyes*

Basically anything short of second life meets deus ex was never going to satisfy anyone in this games character creation.

Cdpr dug the hole of trying to be everything to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
What aaa studio has handled sex in an alright manner? No not bioware, bad!