Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

I'm thinking I'm going to go corpo on the basis of in this universe it looks like you'd have to be some kind of idiot to not be a corporate stooge

tbh it's not like most people in-universe have a lot of choice in the matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sardikar posted:

Why is this being accepted as gospel? What does the mob know that I do not?

Are people being sarcastic? Are they piling on to fit in? Are they that gullible? I don't know anymore...

Apparently the mob was gullible enough to check the devs' twitter account lmao

When you spend so much time fantasizing about a game that you start concocting wildly implausible scenarios to discredit fair criticisms you should probably take a step back and chill.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I will never give up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Installed a mod to remap Interact from F to E.

For some reason it wasn't remappable in game and I didn't want to wait for a QoL patch lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

Yeah like, we could do that in Skyrim almost a decade ago.

I feel like CDPR could have hired a couple of people, not even from Bethesda, but people who just play Bethesda games a lot and ask what is missing from this build. Because as lovely as Bethesda can be sometimes, they understand the design of open world RPG's and gamers have certain expectations after playing a lot of these kinds of games.

I want to change the face of my current character because up close, it looked like she had a lot of freckles, but from afar she looks like she's haggard and covered in dirt. I loved the look up close, but the look up close and the look from far away are very different looks. And now I can't change that.

Yeah there's a lot of little oversights just in terms of quality of life features. Stuff that's easy to notice but you also know why it wasn't a big priority.

Will probably be pretty smooth in a few months.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How do you craft stuff? Are there crafting bench type things?

There's a menu tab for it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

So am I not sensitive enough or was the controversy surrounding the game extremely overblown? I'm not referring to conduct done by CDProjekt during development because much of that is inexcusable. But the game itself was said to be very racist, sexist, and transphobic and other things due to speculation and I'm just not seeing any of that? I think the game does better on the representation of different ethnicities than pretty much any other AAA game I've played, and while the "Mix it Up!" poster turned some heads it does make sense in the context of Night City's culture of everything being hyperexploitative. I'm certainly not getting the same vibe from this game as say Ion Fury which was laced with the developers alt-right worldviews.

I have no idea who you were listening to but if it was the previous incarnation of the cyberpunk 2077 thread then now you know why nobody was listening to them except for other people who decided to lock themselves in the echo chamber of wild, panicked speculation.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lol at having to dodge everywhere and air box around town to level Athletics.

That and most perks being either boring incremental stuff or trap options (someone though 5% fall damage reduction was a good idea for a perk idea) leads me to believe that the folks who worked on the rpg system side of things are grogs who don't really think critically about rpg systems the way, say, Firaxis thinks really hard about turn based tactical combat systems.

A lot to like about the game but the skill and perk system feels dated.

E: autocorrect please

Runa fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 12, 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like I said, if you want any levels in Athletics at all you'd better become Night City's dashiest, jumpiest shadowboxer.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The exp gain rate for that could've used another pass tbh.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

I still have no clue wtf milfguard is

It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the word "Nilfgaard" many years ago and I would be surprised if I was the only one with a brain juvenile enough to make that joke.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Found two smart smgs just wandering around clearing out blue points of interest in watson in act 1.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Some people just had wild pie in the sky fantasies thanks to the marketing hype. Just using the prerelease marketing to explore a bafflingly ambitious game world that only existed in their own imaginations.

Other people had even crazier hate over this game about politics but that reflects more poorly on them than anything else. Equally divorced from reality, however.

Both existed in the previous incarnation of this thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At level one you start with 22 attribute points, with 15 preallocated to the chargen minimums of 3 each to the five attributes, leaving 7 points to allocate among the remainder.

The level cap is reportedly 50, so that's 49 more attribute points on top of that. Meaning you can have a grand total of 71 attribute points. The max in any one attribute is 20, so you can have up to three maxed attributes (and two dump stats) unless you decide to say gently caress this bullshit and cheat.

Those determine your skill caps too so keep that in mind. Take a look at the high-att and skill-cap perks to see if any of them interest you or lookvlike they're good for your build, then work towards those.

That said, a big chunk of the combat-based skill-capstone perks are hilariously limited in scope (they only apply to the first ten seconds of combat) especially compared to how good Cold Blood is as a running combat proc stack.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

So does the last attribute slot really just never unlock?

I just assumed it was just a quirk of the, admittedly somewhat poorly thought out UI visual design, which is small beans compared to the lack of QoL features in the rest of the UI.

Like having to do multiple clicks to get to the backpack, and specifically to the bits with crafting mats and junk.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Compared to the Outer Worlds there's more to do, the game systems are more robust, and the moments of real heart in the story are more plentiful. If I'm going to call TOW a merely okay game then I'm going to say Cyberpunk 2077 is a good one.

It just wasn't going to be able to meet the insane expectations of its marketing or the pedigree of its studio's previous game.

Some of these bugs are loving hilarious though

https://i.imgur.com/0PQmLlI.mp4

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hate driving in this game and just run around from fast travel point to fast travel point if I can help it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah this game is a love letter to a tabletop rpg none of us have played.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't really subscribe to the idea that cyberpunk is better than shadowrun due to a lack of fantasy elements.

It's better because of a lack of aggressively stupid metaplot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not that there isn't some metaplot in the original cyberpunk 2020 that didn't really do the IP any favors but the sheer scale of how badly shadowrun dropped the ball is pretty impressive.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Something Awful > Games > Cyberpunk 2077: Don't Send Him to Vik

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

This is a good twitter thread

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

unbutthurtable posted:

Honestly, that person's twitter thread was pretty lame in that they were gushing over how deep the not-wrong-but-pretty-shallow politics in the game are. It read like a high school kid who got really into Rage Against the Machine and now totally gets the world.

I think a lot of cspamers (of which I am one) find the politics grating because a lot of the actual quests and writing seem kind decent politically, but then up not following them to what feel like their obvious conclusions. But it's just a game and doesn't need to do that.

And then the kind of throwaway map-filler stuff that's presented like you're helping out the well-meaning NCPD seems to undermine that a little bit, in a frustrating way. But I think that's just a gameplay element and not a lot of thought went into how it connects to other themes in the story.

Really, it's just a game and not as deep as some people want it to be/think it is.

Have fun and merc some pricks.

I see you've managed to avoid the broader discourse around this game the thread in question was posted in response to.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've got some legit playthrough save files and some Full CyberPunk gently caress the police cheatengine save files. On the cheated run with very high Tech Ability I do to take noticeably less damage with equivalent level and equipment to the legit run so that aspect of Tech might actually be working, just the UI is bugged and isn't showing it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Really wish the training dummies they have like in WoW would become a standard part of these RPGs. If you're going to show me stats and make me dress myself up based on math and percentages, give me a place to test that poo poo out.

:yeah:

This is just another QoL thing to out on the queue I guess

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Ok so I missed the boring part for a character that was barely in the game, sounds good. lovely character haha, with no development.

Thought it would be near impossible to find a fallout-alike you'd be willing to poo poo on but here we are, drat.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Dude you’ve been on a roll lately but you have never been more wrong about anything and honestly this is your worst take. If they can get a functional multiplayer going people will play this game for the next 5 years, it will become a huge cash cow.

if

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

UP AND ADAM posted:

I want life sim survival elements like eating and sleeping in this. There should have been an optional survival mode.

You can't fool me you're just trying to kill the soda scrapping economy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I looked it up and learned you can't romance Panam if you're female V :(

Female V can romance Judy and I recall comte mentioning that the "straight" romance options really only care about voice rather than bodytype.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jackie is a gentleman, a real diamond in the rough.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cyberpunks born after 2023 can't cook, all they know is big burrito, charge they shotgun, twerk, be mantis blade, slot hot chip & die

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

you can't disassemble Maddock heal packs, which would basically let you exchange basic crafting mats for all crafting mats.

Haven't heard anybody else not being able to disassemble max docs, but thanks to an inventory bug it's entirely possible to gently caress yourself out of being able to disassemble stacks of scrappable consumables if you use one of them.

Willing to bet the person you heard this from has only just now run into that bug.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh I did, my brain has recomped from it, I keep getting ideas of what to do to have fun but as soon as I broke crafting and got all legendary stuff, all the side missions showed up as moderate danger, and I was just suddenly able to survive everything easily. Until that point I was so fixated on clearing out that stupid army base in the desert, in doing so I got too powerful and now the game is pointless.

I can't believe you hit the saitama threshold so quickly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shotguns carried me through the early game on Hard, dunno why they're not working out for you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

So far I only have the double-barrels. I assume their are pumps or semi-autos later but this seems to be another game that has shotguns unable to hit past ten feet but are a wall of Doom up close.

I mean if you're talking about the effective range of shotguns in this game then yeah, I can see why you'd be disappointed.

But in terms of deleting enemies they outperform any other weapon at the start of the game, even without needing to invest stats or money towards maximizing their effectiveness. All you need to do is walk up to them and say hello.

They also inflict knockback, which is functionally knockdown, and that lets you get more free hits in if they survived the first shot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

In Japan town areas the PA has Korean and Japanese over the system. The idea that a Japanese-dominated East would even allow Korean to exist anymore is laughable to me as a Korean given the sheer oppression in the cyberpunk universe. Like straight up ethnic cleansing would be daily news I’d imagine in such a world.

Then it's settled, the koreans of the cyberpunk criminal underworld need to establish the Geomijul.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

ending question:

I get that as of this point in time, it isn't really possible for V to have anything but an at best bittersweet ending, but at the very least is there an ending where I stop that fascist gently caress Saburo Arasaka from resurrecting?

Why did you decide to take the devil up on their offer

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

Because the only alternative was some sort of suicide pact

It's only suicide if you fail.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's actually possible to end up with only Corporation or Kill Yourself as ending choices.

Wow they hosed up huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Having to switch to specific melee weapons to finish enemies off to level Cold Blooded kind of sucks when it's nice to have for basically all weapons. It goes nicely with both rifles (for -recoil and +sniper damage) and blades and is pretty much good all around for a backup skill. I've really liked using the katana as a finishing weapon though.

So far I've liked rifles/tech with a side of cool, but blades/cool and int/cool playthroughs are probably both in my future. Nomad for the tech and then I haven't decided whether the street kid or corpo gets the hacking vs blade. I also want to play with some handguns since they just seem fun too. It's a nice set of variation and is neat given how varied the weapon sets make things feel.

Do your guns just not do enough damage to finish enemies off? I level Cold Blood with guns all the time, you just need to take them down while cold blood is actually active so, basically, just string together combo kills/KOs.