Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Witcher 3 has a 93.

Mass Effect 3 has a 93.

Bioshock Infinite has a 93.

Anything's possible, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Why are reviewers allowed to post their reviews and scores but not their own footage?

WEIRD. Or am I misunderstanding something?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Gerstmann invoked the unholy words: "Like Kane and Lynch" when speaking about the game's writing.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Qmass posted:

because you cannot capture gameplay of the game without it looking really loving buggy and janked. CDPR themselves didn't release any unscripted gameplay before release... I think we know why now.

CDPR's marketing game has been real slick for many years on this, but I guess not even they could salvage workable gameplay footage that isn't sourced from highly scripted mission sequences that have been hyperpolished to a sheen.

I guess we'll see on launch day. I'm being cautiously pessimistic.

ymgve posted:

This game, even with the Day 1 Patch, will have more bugs than Elex. The fact that it's in the 90 range at all means the reviewers are being too kind.

Like in many cases when games release in a buggy state, it's possible that the reviewers aren't scoring the actual state of the game, but rather the promise of it - the potential game it could be in their heads.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Reviews are unanimous in saying it's buggy to some extent. Some think that's a drawback, most apparently don't, and they're written on the "assumption" that CDPR fixes them in three days' time. Sounds less like crash bugs and more just general AI/scripting/physics.

There's massive hype, understandably, and people have waited a long time for this game, even in the face of multiple delays. I'm not saying people can't be excited, but maybe go into this knowing that the fabled "day 1 patch" might not be able to quite cover all these issues and that at the end of the day, it's another open-world RPG.

Also the whole "we won't allow outlets to release any captured footage" thing.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

This is what most people ITT are wondering

1060 manages 37fps, anything better is gonna get 60, that's not bad really. Don't freak out.

Hmm, I have a 1070 8GB, so I'm guessing it'll be fine - if not I'll just bump some settings down.

No, I'm not selling my spleen to buy a 3070 just yet.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

VICE review posted:

The politics of the world remain distant and hard to parse: private corporations run just about everything that used to be a public good, but how does that change daily life? You live in a world of widespread environmental devastation, but you don't get much sense of the hardship that would cause. You see people running around with all manner of augmentations, but why?

Sounds like the worldbuilding in Ready Player One. The world is devastated, the economy is in shambles... but you can still order a pizza right to your front door!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Cyberpunk 2077 II: Choombas of CEOs will fix all these problems, don't worry.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I think this thread has inverted controls. Pull up, pull up!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

This epileptic reviewer offers a clear safety guide for where there might be trouble.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

I think it's pretty neat that they did an article on this.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Buddy I played unpatched Eurojank RPGs and strategy games back in the early 2000s. In terms of bugs this is nothing.

Boiling Point: Road to Hell still remains the buggiest game I've ever seen on release.

Well, that and Hidden & Dangerous 2, where enemies could shoot you through walls or from several miles away with their assault rifles and your squadmates routinely fell through the ground.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It is very funny that instead of assets just streaming in more slowly, the floor could disappear beneath you altogether.

Judging by the Xbox One S gameplay stuff that leaked a couple of days ago, the streaming problems are serious. There was one part where the player was driving on the street and a huge chunk of the road didn't load in until they'd already crossed it, so you could see the geometry underneath the world. At least it doesn't cause things to fall through, however - it's just cosmetic, but the game engine appears to have problems prioritizing what objects to load in. You'd think that the road would have higher streaming priority than vending machines on the sidewalk.

Again, old build, ancient hardware, pre-patch, etc. etc.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

Will someone in ITT post when the nVidia Game Ready Drivers™ everyone should get are released. Thank you

But what if I'm planning to play this on my Intel® HD Graphics 520?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

The power fantasy core of RPGs causes some serious problems for making an interesting complicated protagonist, even though that's ideally what good roleplaying games would allow you to do. Like, I wonder if the dialog choices of Cyberpunk let you play a flawed character wrestling with their demons? Bioware games generally offer you a "which style of badass do you want to be?" set of choices. I haven't played Discoe Elysium yet. But I get the feeling that it literally offers you personal demons to struggle with.

If there are personal demons for the main character its generally baked into the plot and often part of the character's conflict with the big bad or whatever. Very rarely is it something you can choose as an optional background.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Are enemies more likely to drop dildos or credits?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm one of the crazy Gerstmanns of the world who never really got into The Witcher because of this. Not only is Geralt extremely competent and right about everything, but he's constantly surrounded by racist, muck-covered peasants who we are coded to despise and exist solely to make him look even cooler and more competent. Piloting Geralt through some situation that he's certain to succeed at because he studied both partying and the blade in high school just doesn't satisfy me, as he doesn't seem to be overmatched or made to look silly very often, and the supposed disadvantage of everyone spitting at Geralt and trying to beat him up outside the tavern holds no weight if it's levied by toothless morons who you can easily slaughter anyway. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I'd much rather play as Guybrush Threepwood scraping out of situations that are way out of his league by being both stupid and clever at the same time than the Man from Smug Island who fucks everything that moves and has two entire swords

My point in all this being is that, while people don't levy the same accusation at competent male characters as much, it very much can kill my interest in them

Geralt is Sherlock Holmes and The Man With No Name thrown in a blender.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it was good to have a trailer with a less aggro tone since the game itself doesn't seem cranked to 11 all the time. Feels like it will also be the one to age the best as it seems to foreshadow a lot about the characters. And I liked the song. However the twitcher 3 launch trailer remains the goat

I expected them to really crank it up for the final trailer, but I guess they already have so much marketing material that does just that. I agree that it's nice to see a more 'restrained' story trailer, though I think the music is doing the heavy lifting there; I'm sure if it was scored with one of the game's techno tracks I'd think differently.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

You know, it will be HILARIOUS if finally CDPR gets tired of the dildo jokes and reduce the number of them in the world. Because in the changelog of the update we will see
"- Number of dildos reduced to more realistic levels"

And Internet will have a field day.

I love weird changelog/patch notes.

They'll probably phrase it more like 'Readjusted certain game assets for improved reliability and performance'.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

He hasn't even started the game yet, he's only in the character creator. The character creator is probably gonna look okay on anything.

They were even waffling about for a few minutes on the initial load screen as someone in chat told him that people have been getting banned for streaming the game.

EDIT: And he's still on the load screen, even after telling everyone "I only have 50 minutes to play this, then I gotta go to a meeting". Lol.

EDIT EDIT: Stream ended, he never even got past the character creator, literally.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ghostinmyshell posted:

Sorry guys, he was done with the character creator and starting the game and became an idiot.

Not your fault, just silly that the guy hypes up his stream with "BEST BUY hosed UP, GOT CYBERPUNK" in the title and gets like 200 viewers but then he can't even follow through and play the game.

He's probably already been reported and will no doubt eat a probation/ban, so might as well go through with it... oh well.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I'm gonna jump into the ocean and see if V can swim.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The EULA is right here. It's at the bottom.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I do love how the person running the official account points to the EULA having the warning, as if anyone loving reads those things. Also that twitter thread killed a few of my brain cells.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

What if we ranked the backgrounds as bands? I think Street Kid might be Vengaboys.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

D1E posted:

How to fix Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on startup

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...r%2C+Shotgun%29

LOL.

Fantastic passive-aggressive energy in this.

RPS posted:

If you’ve been eagerly anticipating your first moments in the legendarily hyped RPG Cyberpunk 2077, but found the game crashing repeatedly on you before you’ve even reached the main menu, well you’re in luck. In this quick guide I’ll show you exactly how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crash on startup issue. Take a look below for the solution!

Spoiler: It's the GOG launcher overlay.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

SEE YA LATER PC-AILURES! Looking at a smooth 60 FPS on the PS5, the best gaming PC on the market in 2020!!!

Always remember to source your quotes and use proper quote tags.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Shirkelton posted:

Night City: Population 10.

Didn't some reviews mention that the streets have more people during scripted missions?

Anyway... Yeah, streets look kinda empty and the same civilian models are repeated a lot.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

other than the main storyline that's 20h, the rest is pretty pointless and empty and copy/pasted stuff

This GameSpot reviewer had the opposite experience. The sidequests you can find have the potential to be the most interesting parts, whereas the main story left her empty and disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkBI2B2LnU

Also, last 2 minutes are bugs, if you're into that.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

UltraRed posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Release Time Thread:

Jesus people, so much spam and it's not even out.

We're just simulating the signal-to-noise ratio you can expect in the cyberpunk future.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Is there anyway this runs on a 1060 6gb with an i7-8809 and 32gb of ram?

It's either that or a base PS4 and...well...

This is what the refund policies on places like Steam and GOG are for.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Is Billy Idol in this

No, and this is not the Bob Dylan of video games

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still expecting that once the game unlocks and the 'day one patch' arrives, all the branding changes from CDPR to Volition, and it's revealed this is actually Saints Row V.

It would make perfect sense.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have a GTX1080 standard...and I play at 1440p...guess I'll be living in a potato punk fantasy world soon.

Real punks play with all the settings on low, anyway.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

This game sounds awesome, if you USE YOUR IMAGINATION A BUNCH.

Open and close your eyes in one second intervals while playing. You'll be able to fill in the blanks with whatever game you want it to be, improving your experience by 50%.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

how is the 2080 super better at RT than the 3070 @ 1080p?

is he using the latest drivers?

I'm not sure these WePC guys can be trusted. This is their article on the best GPUs of 2020 (Last updated on Nov 25, 2020): https://www.wepc.com/reviews/best-graphics-cards/

I don't really get it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I think the person behind this YT account might have some issues.

Their entire upload history is nothing but this kind of stuff. And they've been posing with a fake PS4 copy of Cyberpunk for months saying the same stuff over and over again. Wow.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

Come on Gaben, press the button.

It's already 6 AM in New Zealand. Gabe is slouching.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Iron Lung posted:

Should i buy this on steam or GoG, or does it really matter at all?

No, both will give you refunds.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dilber posted:

Did they start a new game? One of the early reviewers mentioned that the patches didn't do anything for them until they started a new game.

Sure would be nice if CDProjekt provided patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Anno posted:

I'm just gonna go see what kind of concurrent numbers we're looking at early on here while I download these last couple gigs.

*clicks Stats*

:staredog:

Okay, I'll bite, what i-

:stare:

That's just the early birds, I figure that number is gonna go real high later on.