Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Man Quiet is pretty cringe worthy and I wish she wasn't designed like that

Ah ha but you see there's actually an elaborate reason why she is half naked always and when you find out you will be ashamed!!!

It's this convo repeated endlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

This sort of implies that transpeople don't also want to look at hot titties

.... Please be joking

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m struggling to decide which life path I want to take.

I’m leaning corpo because I feel like I’ll know my way around the “big deal” stuff that happens in the universe. If the corps run everything then its kinda cool to feel like you’re one of the elite with all the special knowledge and connections.

But on the flip side I’ve also debated if I want to be a street kid or a nomad.

Street kid because I want to be some down and out nobody who makes a name for themselves and forces everyone to pay attention. But if this is just a cyberpunk version of a generic GTA character then maybe it’s not that appealing to me.

Nomad... well as a nomad I guess I’m free of all the baggage and drama that comes with being in night city. I just don’t like the biker style. I wanna go in on this looking like some hardcore operator type or like Die Antwoord built my character. Not really a fan of the biker look. I’m guessing aesthetics are more your choice than a life path thing given all the clothing you can get.

Nomads are not really bikers and more of Mad Max commies.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Really hope my 1070 will run this decently at 1080p. Absolutely no way a 3000 is viable anytime soon.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I saw these posted in the thread and just watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzCu1rpvew

...and then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnYZtrfXBc

...and now it's been more than four hours I need to call a doctor. :ohdear:

3.6 penis size, not great not terrible

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Well I read it so gently caress you all now you have to.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-retro-futuristic-fantasy-220137387.html

quote:

gangs based on racial identities seem like such a poor fit for both this era and for a future in which such distinctions have no doubt declined in relevance, especially in a vast melting pot like Night City.

lol

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

sean10mm posted:

This is absolute garbage writing, Jesus Christ on a cracker.

quote:

This future feels like it was extrapolated exclusively from the forward-thinking but still limited minds of a bunch of smart white guys from the '90s.

Notable Smart White Guy, Mike Pondsmith.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Its weird seeing goons be shocked that cdpr hosed up in all the ways people told you they would probably gently caress up in.

Using an epilepsy diagnostic trigger without warning is a bear trap I didn't think anyone would stick their underwear covered dick in though

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Love to watch Gamers melting down at the most tepid of criticisms about am objectively lovely aspect of the game.

Slugnoid posted:

Endorph, I think your seeing malice where it doesnt exist. A cisgendered layman like myself assumed this game was basically going for gold standard trans representation by letting you literally make a trans character. I assume the devs thought they were doing it right too.

Your voice is tied to the pronouns used and all sex related animations are tied to gender option not genitalia.

So its not really a gold standard by even industry standards

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 8, 2020

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Vigil for Virgil posted:

So the issue is they didn't have a warning screen essentially.

Fair enough

That and the epilepsy is not all or nothing. Some people can play games just fine and still can have siezures induced in a medical setting. For whatever reason they decided to include something very similar to the method used to induce siezures and did not give a warning before doing so.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bob the terrible posted:

Are there not a lot more female sex workers than male? I'm pretty sure presenting sex work as being an equally big problem for both sexes would dramatically undercut how this is a immense problem for women in the world, and thus be an colonization of women problems for the benefit of the woke gamer, fetishizing their own eagerness for equality on the expense by the wast majority of trafficking and sex workers who are, by an enormous majority, female.

If the game is supposed to be a warning about capitalism comodifying everything male sex workers become more common because in fifty years the stigma dissppears and capital still needs it's cut.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bob the terrible posted:

I still think its not only normal, but moral, to acknowledge that normalization and comodifying sex work will inn all likelihood impact one gender more than the other.

Yes in our current society not in one fifty years in the future. This isn't even a relavent point because that is absolutely not why there aren't male sex workers considering the in game ads

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

Nomads in the lore seem to encompass a lot of different groups of wildly different style and ethos, but all I recall from the trailers were gently caress yeah america rednecks.

????

The only thing that is a consistent theme with the nomads is they like to bang on about solidarity.

They literally compare the Mox to nomads in the gang trailer.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Wicked Them Beats posted:

What I don't understand about that footage isn't the empty streets or horrendous vehicle physics. What I don't understand is why every dumb rear end in a top hat who has bothered to stream this game doesn't do anything. Eight minutes and all that guy did was drive in circles and put markers on his map that he immediately drives in the opposite direction of. There's dozens of icons on the map, go to one of them and do something!

Usually people who stream big games early are more interested in trying to launch a streaming career off the game they're playing rather than interested in showing off the game.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Sardikar posted:

I smell clickbait bullshit.

Firstly why the hell would a major game publishing company risk, or even consider putting a intentional epilepsy trigger in their game like the random internet writer has claimed. I doupt they would want to get sued into oblivion....

How many millions of people have purchased this game? If even a small percentage players are epileptic considering the sample size it could be a major problem. However it is only the experiences of one person on a medium renowned for being full of bullshit, bullshit engineered to promote clicks to bombarded you with loving ads?

Why is this being accepted as gospel? What does the mob know that I do not?

Are people being sarcastic? Are they piling on to fit in? Are they that gullible? I don't know anymore...

CDPR literally already apologized for it so no need to white knight the billion dollar company citizen

Appreciate the meltdown though

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It loving sucks and you can't just ignore it here because the stat that governs it also governs dialogue options.

No it doesn't? Technical ability isn't just the crafting stat

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Right but you get dialogue options from your technical score. What else does it do?

Tech weapons and resistance increases

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I'm assuming eight people have already commented on the three shells

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pmchem posted:

update: getting 17-25 fps in combat tutorial area and job scenes just afterward

huh, I'm getting a steady 30 at high preset with a the same card and a 6600k

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pmchem posted:

haha where, post screenshot. I'm not far in but I missed it

edit: dont post if it's spoiler-y

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The Walrus posted:

my god how long does this tv in the elevator at v's apartment go on for? this game is rich.

Go to the bathroom

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pmchem posted:

check my settings screenshot friend, I was not on high preset, I'm a masochist

I assumed those were the default settings and you were going to press optimize before playing it you absolute madman

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

post your vs

Hobocop

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So those mantis blades are a real letdown.

Is the projectile system any better?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So do any of the assault in progress stuff respawn or am I going to have a crime free night city if I do then?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kinda wish if they were gonna just go with generic side quests they just said gently caress it and made skyrim style dungeons.

Really easy to make some tile sets then slap entrances to them in the mega towers.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol i just realized the cops don't arrive by car because there is no driving ai.

Glad the bosses hosed their workers for this dumb poo poo

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The more I play the more I want the world design to resemble the hub structure from Mass Effect 2, where you had a few large-ish free roam locations that all connected to the most important main plot and character missions.

Hard disagree. The city is one of the few things done extremely well and I'd have returned this pile in a heartbeat with a hub world system. They needed to decide early on what they wanted this game to be and it's extremely clear that design was pretty in flux even just a year ago.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

sean10mm posted:

The game rules, lmao at people acting like this is the first RPG with bugs on launch, or that CDPR is dooooooooooomed

The game suffers from tremendous design problems that will not be solved by patches. Had the city not been as well designed as it is this game would just be outerworlds 2077

exquisite tea posted:

Just finished the Aldecaldos arc, the high-tower assault on Mikoshi with Judy, and what I'm assuming is the final Takemura quest all in a row. These were all awesome story missions, well-crafted with what would seem to be some interesting choices later on down the line. Just kind of hoping for some kind of midgame payoff so that I know I'm not casting dialogue choices into the void.

The one thing that this game does very well and also very bad in a way is that your game choices do pay off. Me killing some dork in a random fixer gig gave me a dialogue option in a story mission for instance. The game will just absolutely never tell you when it will pay off.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 14, 2020

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

I'll bite, what are these "tremendous design problems"?

Anything relating to cars, from the physics, to the fact there is literally no driving AI in anyway to the fact that for whatever reason of nearly two decades of open world games doing this the minimap does not zoom out when you are driving at speed.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Most of this seems like it can be improved in patches though. I don't know how many improvements to really expect, but I don't see why they couldn't improve the driving mechanics some, or make the minimap zoom out when going fast (something I do agree they should do)

Driving AI cannot be fixed. If it's not in it will not ever be in. The Ai for combat is similarly garbage and the pedestrians can barely pathfind.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

There is no ai for driving. They are completely on rails and have no ability to move out of the way of an obstacle. Hence why cops do not chase you in cars and why you can block a car and they will stay stuck eternally. That is not something you can fix with a patch.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I guess I'll take this one - why couldn't they be fixed with a patch?

Slimy Hog posted:

No my "what" was about your incorrect claim that driving AI is somehow set in stone.

I mean I guess it's possible they add in a feature but depending on how much spaghetti is in the game there's a really good chance that putting it in breaks five different things. I guess it's more accurate to say if they don't have a feature that ubisoft open world cut and pastes have they probably couldn't get it working that easily and it is highly unlikely that will ever be a priority for this game.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

that doesn't seem correct and also it's not like traffic ai is a big part of the game in any way at all?

Driving and immersion is a big part of the game, cars not being able to move out of the way is a pretty big immersion killer. Knowing I will never be chased by anything not on foot or floating drone is a worse one.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

So you're pulling it outta your rear end, got it.

If you think they are going to add something that horrendously annoying to program as part of a free patch I have a bridge to sell you.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm not the one making the claim that it's impossible, but I also don't care because I'm not looking for GTA: Night City :shrug:

Then they should of gone with making it an rpg first and they also kinda hosed that part up too.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Pylons posted:

I don't think they did.

Glad you're enjoying it then, I would have preferred more options in most of the dialogue that regular V, rear end in a top hat V.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Okay, so I've been running around this city on foot from one end of Watson to another, putting off talking to Dex just to see how much poo poo I can get into. I have nearly maxed my crafting, breach protocol, annihilation and a bunch of other poo poo and Athletics isn't even halfway to its first level. From hours of just running. How do you upgrade this skill without an epoch of grind?

dodge

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

I mean, I guess, but that would have been a lot less cool and fun? "There was theoretically an easier alternative, therefore it wasn't as fun to do the more difficult but cooler thing" is a line of thinking I don't understand

It's more about the cool things you can do in this game are super easy to do because the ai doesn't work.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

Ok, so the problem is that it's easy to do cool things?

I mean yeah? Kickflips become inherently less cool if a literal baby could do them no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

Me and a few boss characters are the only ones doing kickflips though.

Winning a kickflip competition against literal babies is not very cool.