Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Hopefully the main character is more interesting/likeable than Geralt. Geralt was an old, grayed out grumpy rear end in a top hat who mumbled his lines and just seemed to hate everything and do all the things for money or whatever. I played Witcher 1 to swamp and Witcher 2 and 3 maybe 1-2 hours each. I just can't stand that dude. I like role-playing games more where I get the feeling that I can decide what the character does instead of looking at some extremely boring pre-canned cutscenes where the protagonist mumbles everything laconically without any passion at all.

I have high doubts because slavic people seem to be like that and produce depressing games and characters. We'll see in a few days... I have not pre-ordered and I won't preoder unless the game turns out to be good and the main character likeable.

Edit: also hopefully there is more point in the game than chasing after some random mcguffin. Immortality, zzzzzz.. I don't want immortality. I don't care about immortality. The game better have something better.

Maybe the game is just not for me. That is probably the most likely outcome.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I think “the game better have something better than immortality” about sums up the state of hype.

Why would anyone want to live forever? Isn't the point of life to see the different stages and then die. Or die before your time for whatever reason. Life loses its meaning if you just keep on truckin'. Also it will probably make you a bitter rear end in a top hat with way too much wealth.

Edit: the point is that I want to play as "myself" more than as "some random grumpy old dude". I'm not that much interested in other people's stories. If I want to see stories instead of experiencing them I can watch movies instead.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 7, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Just bought the game after watching shroud stream this. What a masterpiece full of perfect detail. Absolutely incredible. They even have a good reason for chasing immortality. Wow. I am completely floored.

GOTY

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Popete posted:

Not going to lie about, I am full on hype.

So am I. I have ignored this game for years, but today I watched some screenshots, now shroud streaming. I didn't even realize what the game was all about until today!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

This game is mad cpu intensive. It maxes out my 6core 4,7ghz 8700K with ~70C temps. RTX 3080 doesn't hit perfcap at all, gpu draws only 260-280W. When playing new CoD, rtx minecraft or quake rtx, the power usage is 330-350W. So clearly old cpu's are a bottleneck for this game. Time to upgrade..

Btw I did not see a single bug in first 5 hours of gameplay. Fps was solid 60-80, only once dropped to 30fps when nothing was happening but I guess that was some kind of hiccup. Game doesn't even leak memory.. 32GB is unnecessary for this game.

GPU ram usage at 1440p is around 8-9 gigs.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I like to try to take a guy or two silently. Then tag 3rd with my revolver, hopefully down him. Then go wait behind a corner with my KATANA and sword them when they come for me.

Here have some 1440p screenshots, full res at https://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Games/cp2077/

I think it is very impressive that all this is rendered at 60+ FPS...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, it will only render at 609 FPS if you have an equally impressive computer...

It's currently CPU limited. 8700K at stock 4,7GHz, dual rank 3600CL15 and a rtx 3080. I'm not very motivated to find out if CPU cores, memory speed or what would improve the GPU utilization in this game. The game runs well enough even in combat that I should probably just consider playing the game, and let some other nerd to do the benchmarking :v:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Atoramos posted:

Just got to the point where you meet Keanu.

Goddamn, what a game.

Also you get double the amount of Keanu because he personally insisted he wants to be in the game more.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I strongly dislike grumpu characters like that Jensen guy from Deus Ex, Geralt etc. V feels like an actual living person.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Chalks posted:

Just picked up a pair of hotpants with the highest armour rating I've seen.

This game needs a transmog system so bad. Oh well, off to fight the evils of the world in hotpants.

You can upgrade your existing items with crafting. So in theory you can stick with the whatever look you find most suitable for your character, then just upgrade the stats to the new level with crafting. I've been doing that with my weapons at least.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

fuf posted:

what's up with the lack of key binding options?

I can't rebind map or inventory to tab?

e: also no option for ADS toggle?

You can rebind keys from XML files.

I wish the game had ADS toggle. I have an impossible time at aiming when I have to press a button simultaneously with other finger. Real potato aim without ADS toggle.

I have to make an AHK script for it before playing again.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Game's pretty... good

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Is it normal that after doing the quest where you pay Viktor back the debt, he goes like nah fuckit keep the money and I get to complete the quest for $0?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Blades are just so sick. Holy hell. They are also stealthy as gently caress. I can kill dudes in the next room and no one is the wiser. One machete swipe to head and the guy falls. I can kill 2 guys in under 1s. Jesus loving christ.

I also just installed mantis blades for the lulz. They are.. sick. So sick. Blades are terrifying. I don't fear guns but blades...:psyduck:

I'm level 12 currently but got my street cred to over 20 thanks to doing all the little quests around me.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I also found a katana which increases crit chance by 50% when sandevistan is active. How do sandevistans work? I have 2 in my bag.

shrike82 posted:

the more i play the game the more i feel that they should have gone with a smaller hub style world a la Deus Ex: MD.
the game works when you're playing the major quests but everything to do with the open world is so lifeless

Maybe this free roaming around and killing gang goons is feeding my inner psycho... But I like it. I like it so much. Lifeless is what things should be in the Night City. And my blades will guarantee the peace.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Seems I have accidentally dusted my Black Unicorn katana. Is there any way to get it back or re-buy it from somewhere?

Also btw the good cars have insane handling. Go byy a javelina from badlands. It's basically armored 1000hp mustang with a V8 or whatever. Sticks to the road like a glue.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 13, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I like the charge jump legs. You can jump anywhere with them like a true ninja.

If you can buy and equip legendary cyber items just do it. They are the best. Gotta go through different docs to find the items you want.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Araganzar posted:

I think whatever your build you're well-advised to get a legendary cyberdeck (Watson, Kabuki Market, 35k) and 5 Int. You will make it back up very quickly, and the high RAM will let you actually use hacking enough to make it worth it even with no perks/stats without having to wait all day for stuff to recharge and not being able to do cool stuff like take over turrets.

edit: also spend 2 perk points to double your cash from datamining...

I just dumped the hacking thing altogether and swapped a time dilation OS to my head. You can get money faster by killing enemies faster, and you kill faster with time dilation. Enemies shoot slower, move slower, easier to aim and slice them up...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Araganzar posted:

Yeah but the game's level design is pretty much built to a large degree around hacks, without them combat is basically a destiny-style shooter with bad AI. So you're cutting yourself out of a lot of the content that makes the game different stylistically. I could see getting that and swapping it out for certain situations though, it sounds awesome...

I've played lots of roguelikes, diablo, path of exile etc. I'm used to enemies just coming at me. What else I should want from the game? I also think enemies in Destiny were a lot more durable. Usually it is 1 bullet 1 kill or 1 machete swipe 1 kill. When shtf it of course gets harder and the 20 round tech revolver with automatic fire helps in tighter situations. I found hacking boring so I simply do not want to do it at all.

Like, why would I spend time hacking when I can spend less time with... Hacking....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25cNz6L6zVk

with my machete

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 13, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Is this possible without mods? Thanks guys.

I hate the holosights the game has. Every single one I think is red. And enemies are red. And the sight doesn't really zoom in. I wish I had a real old school scope, or at least a cyberpunk scope instead of these poo poo rear end holosights.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

Yes, there is a scope that goes on revolvers - Hyakume.
It is the stealth archer of cyberpunk - revolvers have high headshot multiplier and base damage already, add silencer for additional 2.5x for attacks from stealth, some relevant skills and pop heads for several thousands of damage in one shot.

I see. I have to try that one out... I noticed also that different guns have different headshot multipliers. Sniper rifles have 2x and some big rear end revolvers have 2x. My overture has +50% crit dmg and extra crit and it does 2.5x dmg with silencer. So it is like a mini sniper rifle which can shoot over 2 rounds in a second instead of one round in 3 secs or whatever.

The single shot damage is not much compared to a sniper rifle damage, but the "more" type of multipliers seem to stack really well. Also pistols are cool and I can use the D12 Quasar automatic fire revolver with a 20 round clip in close quarters!! :blastu:

Edit: seems I had a ss of my revolver:

Wolfsheim posted:

I was literally like $800 short from the double jump when I confronted Charles Bucks on a save like two hours ago and just hadn't gone back yet :negative:

That guy is actually pretty disgusting if you read some texts and look what's downstairs in his cellar..

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 14, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How does the crafting upgrading system work? Do I have to upgrade an item a hundred times for it to be upgraded as much as possible? Then I have to keep regularly updating it more?

The minor updates still feel like hilariously expensive...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Willfrey posted:

Love the game.

Hate quicksaving before most all menu-ing, and the multiple branching PC crashing questlines where sometimes I get BSOD, sometimes a hard lockup, most times it hitches and quits right at the splash screen. If I am lucky it lets me back in but fucks up my monitor # and resolution where I have to change, quitout, restart, do a rain dance and hope I dont have to restart the loving pc for the 100th time.

Feeling I kinda should have stuck with Nvidia cards but who knows probably just a janky released-too-soon BS

Also the black widow is a badass shotgun/sniper been riding that pony forever

Are your temps good? Any overclocking, memory issues? I have a 3080 with 8700k, 4 sticks of ram and zero crashes, BSOD's or any instability problems. It really sounds you have hardware issues.

Or maybe it's just AMD's poo poo drivers? :v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Pretty much. I'm actually dumping my last pile of points into crafting now because I realized if I wanted the specific guns I like throughout the game it was much cheaper to craft a new green one every 5 levels than to hop on the upgrade train.

How do you find more recipes anyways? I would like to craft a new version of my Overture and DS12 quasar revolvers but they aren't in the craftign menu. Through quests or maybe browsing through the million different vendors in town?

I have a pretty good crafting skill and I can make rare and epic stuff but I don't have the recipes for most of the stuff.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Dramicus posted:

Is there a way to get iconic weapons back if you sell or dismantle them? I ended up dismantling the dying night pistol because it got outclassed within like 5 minutes of getting it, but now that I understand how the crafting system works. I can see I have the recipe for making a new dying night pistol at high level, but it seems like i need the original in order to do it?

Is there some place you can rebuy them or am I just poo poo out of luck?

I am wondering the same question. I saved the iconic weapons but dusted my Black Unicorn katana because I thought it was just a generic katana and I could get more of them. Now if I wanted to make the epic version I need a rare black unicorn first. Nope... maybe through console commands/cheat codes when they become available?

Btw is there some way to melee fight robots? Every time I go slash a robot with my blade, it explodes and I too die. So the only solution has been to kill robots from range with my pistols...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Section Z posted:

I'm going to keep that second part in mind because I looted some electric "Bonus damage vs mechs" knuckles for when I ever get around to buying gorilla arms.

"Aw yeah, time to punch some robots- :supaburn:"

Maybe they all don't explode but my lizard brain just remembers the "gently caress it exploded again" part and learned that "don't hit robots with sharp blades". Maybe using non-lethal fists or blunt weapons or something avoids the issue?

Or mabye they just explode when my machete crits them to the head or whatever.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

fantastic! I've had a few similar incidents but nothing with that much air.

I'm 30 hours in and like level 17 or something? Still haven't figured out crafting, doing anything worthwhile requires all this rare poo poo I do not have nor do I ever see in stores. I guess I just need to keep playing the main story a bit more?

"Junk" vendors sell crafting mats. Up to legendary so all kinds. Also you can get cheaper crafting mats by buying meds/consumables/junk, disassembling, crafting...

Turin Turambar posted:

Why there is a quick save key but no quick load key?!

You can quick load after dying. Why else would you want to quickload?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

Im one shotting a lot with my pistol. I have 10 skill and roughly 6 or so pts in handgun crit and base dmg. I saw a 19k headshot. Gun is 1000dps or so. The 6 shot revolver forget what its called.

Overture? My Overture revolver is like 157dps... :D It feels a bit low since I could craft a 1000dps black unicorn and currently use a 500dps machete. But I can't craft Overtures and no idea where to find one.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Patrat posted:

You can absolutely get a regular pistol to be that lethal as well if you put points into the handguns tree and also dip into Cold Blooded for the +50% headshot damage. I think I am regularly critically head shotting people for over four thousand at this point?

One thing I do not like is that the moment you head south into the city center everyone is ludicrously durable due to being 'higher level'. Apparently gangers in the city center require ten headshots where those north die to a single bullet? Without being obvious mega murder cyborgs, their meat is just made out of iron or something.

Maybe they have titanium skulls and stuff? My tank top is the most durable item I personally have, altough it barely covers my character's boobs... it has less armor than my epic combat vest I got from a cyberpsycho.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

alex314 posted:

This. Also seems like there are cheap items that break into good materials. Buying components gets crazy expensive fast, with prices like 1000 €$ for one epic, and you need 20-40 of them.

Epic pieces are 250 each. Legendary 1000 each and usually you need only 1 legendary for each item. You can buy junk stuff from markets and get the different disassebmly perks etc.

Just fuckin grind the crafting like you would do in WoW. Go buy poo poo from vendors, dust them, craft stuff, sell crafted stuff to vendor, rinse repeat. Boom you get mega good at crafting after LOTS of clicking. But it doesn't require that much effort.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

what this game needs most is a console and a command list so i can force this bugged objective to trigger and continue the main quest

Also a list of item id's so you can re-add stuff back to your inventory you accidentally destroyed via crafting. Also I would like to despec from the "destroy all junk items" perk.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can do that already! It's only 100,000 credits!

Cool. A console command to give back the 100k would be also cool :v: Hngh. Well maybe I can just live with it.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So I got this uh.. single shot pistol.

What does the "full potential at body level 6" mean basically? The recoil does not matter but the accuracy is piss poor. I try to hit one guy and 2 guys behind him die, but the actual guy I aimed for does not. So the aim gets better when I meet the stat reqs or what?

Anyways the gun is a monster and it does monster damage. It one shots enemies to body on Very Hard.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

f#a# posted:

Note that the listed damage is 1200, but the DPS is 600. Weapons that you don't meet stat requirements for ("full potential") deal half damage, but I am not sure if anything else changes.

It already one shots enemies to the body on Very Hard. When I manage to land a hit. It just is extremely inaccurate. Shotguns feel more accurate than that pistol.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

hump day bitches! posted:

9k per headshot ? how ?

Pistol perks? Some pistols have 2-3x more damage to head modifier. Silencers give 2.5x more damage when stealthed. So it all amounts to stupid headshots when body hits do maybe 1/10-1/20 of the headshot damage.

My current favourite tactic is to go full solid snake, just crawling around and headshotting people with a silenced revolver. You can clear everything quite easily with that and enemies never have a clue.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

should I just be leaving silencers on all the time? Ive generally had them off for the most part because stealth seemed like just the first few initial kills

It depends. You can stay stealthed as long as enemies do not directly see you. So it is no problem if they see dead bodies, they still don't know where you are. I did some concrete plant mission to rescue a guy in the badlands and killed like 15+ guys, no alarm raised. Enemies are not very.. bright.

You can also hack the cameras with the silenced pistol too.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Delizin posted:

That disassembly perk is a trap and will cost you tons of money. There are a bunch of items classified as junk that sell for $750 a pop and they will get disassembled into nearly worthless scrap. You get enough components, plus all the rarer ones, just disassembling weapons you pick up if you don't even want to bother with junk. What I do is just wait until I'm going to do a bunch of crafting then go through and scrap all my non-valuable junk at once in large batches and it just takes a minute tops. Well worth the heaps of cash I've made selling the rare jewelry.

Luckily you can generate free infinite money with crafting so it's not that big of a deal. Also I haven't stressed too much about money. I got my mantis blades, enemies die to 1 hs, just yesterday bought the Quasar 66 Javelina or w/e. What else can a man need :shrug:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Chillin with my mate..

Biker goggles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

After 50 hours I just now realized Ripper Docs have a trading page that has the mods for cyberware.

Really?! Gotta have a look... Thanks!