Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

why does this have 4k likes

doing free advertising for a multimillion company is great content you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Shammypants posted:

Chuds drool

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

eonwe posted:

this thread is insanely bad to read please do better

be the change you wish to see in the world

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Literal fetishization of positive response to multimilliondollar projects by corporations lmfao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

I don't know what you are doing with your life if you don't stan Bugsnax.

Oh I know it's good but i am not gonna spend my time making a wallpaper with review scores copypasted on it, you know?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

im partial to cybershit 2077

Cyberpunk 2069 (cuz it eats dick)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Croccers posted:

I didn't follow the development and hype for this game so I dunno, but did the Devs ever promise/say they were going to make the game have the world's deepest character customization with amazing well thought out transrights issues at heart?
I don't remember seeing the Shadowrun's get lambasted over the lack of transrights in the character customization and how the world reacts to it.

They went hard in on pushing trans representation after a transphobic scandal in their marketing, didn't they?

It was a pitiful attempt to save face pr wise, and it shows.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

It's not just you.

I'm non-binary, and I do think that a lot of the criticism seems to be coming from people whose expectations are... I dunno. I feel like there's a bunch of people who live in like, lovely little progressive spots in California or something, where giving your pronouns when introducing yourself is normal, and whose friendship groups consist mostly of other LGBT people, and I think they're forgetting that this is a game made mostly by cishet people from loving Poland, a country which literally has people setting up "LGBT Free Zones" in major cities, and where there are currently nationwide riots because the ruling party voted to make abortion effectively illegal.

Am I disappointed that they haven't done something more inclusive and more interesting with their handling of queerness and gender, particularly in the context of a cyberpunk setting where people could mix and match whatever body parts/voice tones/clothes they want? Absolutely; it's a sad missed opportunity, and they should have done better. Am I totally outraged? No.

The game's handling of these issues is transphobic, in my opinion, but it's the commonplace kind that comes from an apathetic ignorance, not the actively malign sort that encourages more hatred.

The issue is that CDPR has pre-release used inclusiveness as a PR tactic when faced with outrage for actual transphobic content in their marketing. If you make a big deal of how open you are, you deserve criticism for not actually being open.

e; also treating poland as the racist grandpa is kinda weird - if we want things to change poo poo should be criticised.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Oh, absolutely, but at the same time I think that it's important to take people's background into consideration when criticising their work. Like, I saw one reviewer complain that not enough of the characters were "queer coded", and that seems like a very... culturally bound concern. Like, what constitutes "queer coding" varies quite widely from country to country.

I think it's 100% valid to call out CDPR for their handling of trans issues in this game, because, as I said, it's disappointing and definitely kinda transphobic, but I also think it's important to note that their idea of "we're being inclusive! :downs:" might be quite different from the expectations of young LGBT people in countries which are more progressive.

fair enough, though I personally think Poland's stance is yet another reason to push on that angle harder.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

People arguing?

On MY internet?

No sir ee, that will not fly.

... whats the point of a thermal katana?

not much, whats the point of a thermal katana with you?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Ah yes default human being is “straight white cis male”

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

I'm an absolutely shameless powergamer. Do we know anything about which combat builds seem strong from previews/reviews/leaks?

Gerstmann has said he found shooting overpowered in general despite trying to put all his points in sneaking.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

they should just say some people buy glitch-like augs as a fashion statement, and not need to do any more qa. bingo bango

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

giant bomb is very much the "yes honey" guy from the dick flattening meme now but a bunch of their criticisms seem valid. for instance being down on bugs, as is Jeff not liking the writing in the lore stuff despite having liked the same thing in the modern deus ex's. from good stuff, jeff has praised the main story itself a bunch

Turin Turambar posted:

...and what did he believe pirates did? I'm curious.

If I google "dan giantbomb pirates" will I obtain an answer?

he thought they walked people on planks and dug up treasure.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedDarlingTarsierSoonerLater

https://www.twitch.tv/danryckert/clip/FancyCooperativeChimpanzeeStrawBeary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oREbt_qfmXo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

what's weird is the giant bomb stream (not really a big fan of them anymore in general) the game seems 100x more buggy then cohh's stream which i have had on all day

gb mentioned they have all the patches and the new driver update and both are playing on pc so i have no idea what is going on

yeah it's kinda shocking tbh. they aren't doing anything special but running into issues and bugs.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

"Wait.... did we lose vietnam?"

:911: American public school is amazing

dan ryckert is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. how that man survived to be 30 is nothing short of mindblowing.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

he got married in a taco bell and was mad when it turned out the food cost an extra 30k$

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

anyways what i'm saying is that dan ryckert owns

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

patches not doing anything without starting a new game is also pretty bad lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pylons posted:

To me that sounds like a quick and dirty thing they did so they could get a patch out for reviewers without needing to worry about savegame compatibility.

probably, but that's indicative of it being seriously undercooked

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ColdIronsBound posted:

So am I best to play this on a PS5 or a computer with a GTX 1080 i5 8400 loss of RAM/SSD etc.

I know people can’t really play at the moment but has there been some consensus from previews/reviews on what might be the best way to go?

No review copies for consoles were sent. It's probably a good bet they are some degree of more busted than PC.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fwiw jeff from giant bomb also was down on crafting, said the whole system felt really superfluous.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mkvltra posted:

"Seizure Tool"

Have you viewed the scene you're describing?

the seizure person, who described the issue, which cdpr acknowledged, has seen both the scene and the tool in question. it caused a seizure in them. I dunno what else you need in way of proof.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I think it’s bullshit that people are talking about Dan Ryckert without talking about White Castle crystals and how he thought if you put a cooked steak in a refrigerator, it became raw.

https://youtu.be/wMuA1cTID7Q

holy poo poo ive never heard this before. i now have an aneurysm

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Khanstant posted:

uhhh one of these people admitted to cooking two totinos party pizzas to eat it "like a sandwhich" and nobody blinked or called him out for it. I thought I was at the apex of disgusting slob by simply choosing to buy and eat a whole party pizza by myself, but drat, I'm practically a health food nut comparatively.

that was also dan ryckert, the man who got married in a taco bell

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sean10mm posted:

In Death Stranding, 1440p DLSS quality mode looks better than 1440p native. somehow.

In that game it is literally loving magic. That's why it's nvidia's go-to when showing it off.

do you have any source where they do good comparisons of this? Not doubting, just wanna check it out.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Burginator posted:

ya idk I catered six weddings while I worked at White Castle, man. People do weird poo poo all the time. I guess nobody actually got MARRIED in the store, but we had actual signups for valentine's day that would fill up six weeks ahead of time and poo poo. People are weird, especially midwestern folks, when it comes to food

Taco Bell seems a hell of a lot classier to me

there is a difference between getting a lovely meal that both people like, and maybe while being high together, versus marrying at a taco bell and then being angry at the 30k$ bill for the food.

exquisite tea posted:

Digital Foundry did a whole thing about the DLSS implementation in Death Stranding, it's very good. The AI basically infers and fills in detail that isn't even there on the original texture. Black magic stuff.

thanks for these checking it out now. control's rtx + dlss genuinely impressed me but if this is like actually better it's black magic

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sean10mm posted:

The Outer Worlds oozes whatever the opposite of soul, is too.

Honestly same for newer AC games except for like an individual performance or something. I really liked kass but that game had nothing else going for it in terms of soul

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

- would pretend to be a person outside the bar collecting entry fees (the bars had no entry fees)

that rocks though

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pylons posted:

Also single-handedly killed Harmonix's deal with Guns and Roses.

how did that happen?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ughhhh posted:

This what i don't understand about the Giant Bomb people. Alot of the older crew were raving about the writing and feel of the world that Outer Worlds had. But a few minutes into the game, the whole thing just started unraveling for me the terrible writing and quests just stuck out.

they quickly reversed their opinion but yes I broadly agree that you should notice that it's a soulless piece of poo poo within an hour

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Akarshi posted:

In fact, given the list of great buggy RPGs, one could even say that if an RPG launched without bugs, it's a bad sign for its actual quality....

disco and tyranny were both pretty solid bug-wise out of the gate. now open world 3d shooter rpgs sure

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

crafting in games is the most boring thing, here yes let me do chores in a loving video game

i thought it was great in alien isolation, because there the 'grind' is actually minutes and hours of dread to get some parts and you need them desperately to survive.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Razakai posted:

So does going heavily into int/hacking let you play a Cyber Wizard in combat with quickhack stuff?

There is a time-slowdown mechanic so probably, and even the giant bomb quick look showed some interesting hacking stuff, although a complaint I have seen is that the slowdown feels like it works very inconsistently and it can be frustrating.

I have watched some streams and I gotta say I'm not vibing with the game. The tone has problems and I haven't enjoyed this type of gameplay loop for a long time. Oh well.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

So far it feels like open world Deus Ex, but IW rather than either of the more recent entries.

oof, that's like the most scathing criticism I've heard of this lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ranzear posted:

The blurry visual garbage in this is Temporal Anti Aliasing. It doesn't appear in the menu and is forced on for PC.

if one goes into Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc there is a JSON file where the option can be accessed around line 370, but switching "is_visible" to true won't show any options.

Replace the block with this one and it should be off, best I can tell.
code:
                {
                    "name": "AntiAliasing",
                    "display_name": "UI-Settings-Video-Advanced-AntiAliasing",
                    "description": "LocKey#72353",
                    "order": 13,
                    "is_visible": false,
                    "in_pre_game": true,
                    "in_game": true,
                    "update_policy": "immediately",
                    "type": "string_list",
                    "index": 0,
                    "can_be_restored_to_default": true,
                    "default_index": 0,
                    "is_dynamic": false,
                    "values": [
                        "Off"
                    ],
                    "display_values": [
                        "UI-Settings-Video-QualitySetting-Off"
                    ]
                },
If you have an nvidia card of the newer variety, use DLSS for sure. It should provide proper anti-aliasing like visual while actually giving a speed boost.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Rhaegar posted:

What's the overall opinion on Cyberpunk on the XSX? Wait for patches or even the next-gen update? Or is the day-1 experience worth jumping into?

i think the honest answer to this one is "if you're in doubt enough that you're asking, you should probably wait"

consoles look really busted, there's definitely a reason they haven't sent out review copies for them.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Like while this is a legit criticism, if we waited for a studio to make a game that does every facet of its gameplay loop better than games dedicated to just that facet, odds are we’d have to wait till we could play it on our real cyberdecks before it ever came out.

Nah there's loads of games that do stealth as 'just one thing of many' and have it look much more compelling. And even MGSV the sneaking was far from the only thing it did well. I'm not gonna say it's absolute trash but it doesn't look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

No matter your build seems like one perk point in cold blood is a no brainer. Skill tree basically levels itself as you play. Also lol at spamming hacks on every random vending machine you see for free xp

It's spamming jump from morrowind all over again