Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
If you see me in Night City kiss my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's downloading still for me, but I think I can tell I'm hype because I unrealistically think "heh, I'll have no technical issues of course". I think that means I'm biased. Feels bad figuring that out so late in the game when I could've been shilling more

E: Still starting Nomad or Street Kid despite my Corpo soullessness

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I start the game and have a visual bug where my dick is hanging out of my pants:

e: i regret nothing about this snipe

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I started Nomad intro... and I restarted after 20 min. The opening visual is beautiful in the desert, but they play a montage that looks like someone playing a cool cyberpunk version of the V:tM game that I want to play? Then I'm just established? It's not even the same car as the intro???
gently caress this Im going to try city kid, this intro bites

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

PerilPastry posted:

It seriously took me out of the game. I figure they must have reworked the prologues late in development and done this is a weird stop gap measure to replace whatever they had planned originally

I'm trying real hard to forget it right now. It could've been like an hour out in the desert, then you yourself get to drive to NC... jfc

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I stand by that it looks like my memory of the cool poo poo that happened from V:tM sequel I haven't played

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Anno posted:

Lol I was just about to come here and talk about how I liked the montage between lifestyle segments and the tutorial area.

Maybe it works better in context with the other ones, but Nomad goes from "I'm going to NC," and then a loading screen, and then skips what I assume would be interesting questions the MC would have about the setting???????

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Started street kid and 20 seconds in it's better than Nomad. Nomad might have cool stuff during the game, in fact it probably has, but man the intro is weak as gently caress

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Seymour Buttz posted:

Wait you can't get a haircut? Is that accurate or it just takes a while to unlock aesthetic changes?

They released a megahyped AAA cyberpunk open world RPG where you can't alter your physical appearance? I definitely didn't design my character thinking "I will have this haircut and makeup etc. for my entire life."

Yikes.

That... is that true?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
When this game tries to immerse you, though, I really get sucked in. I don't know why or how I'm wasting so much time between stuff just... looking at things. If there was no combat and this was just a cyberpunk life sim I'd probably like it even more. Let me get all the cosmetic cyberware and go on more talky adventures

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Also my V kinda looks like the emo boyfriend from Scott Pilgrim and it owns. Scratchy black fingernails and eye shadow forever

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

This is my greasy V

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
88.9 Pacific Dreams – Chill Instrumental
89.3 Radio Vexelstorm – EDM and Industrial Rock
91.9 Royal Blue Radio – Jazz
92.9 Night FM – Electronic Instrumental
95.2 Samizdat Radio – Club Songs
96.1 Ritual FM – Metal
98.7 Body Heat Radio – Pop
101.9 The Dirge – Hip-Hop
103.5 Radio Pebkac – Techno
106.9 30 Principales – Latin Hip-Hop and Reggae
107.3 Morro Rock Radio – Rock

Body Heat has some nice 80s pop-like in it, but if you want the synth (and you do), go to Night FM duh

E: Also, SkillUp said the side stuff is indistinguishable in quality from the main stuff, and is some of the best parts of the game

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The braindance sequence... was so... loving good for a video game detective thing

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Communist Bear posted:

I'm loving how much of a love letter this is to everything cyberpunk. From the Blade Runner sounds to the Ghost in the Shell cyber stuff.

Was chilling in the apartment watching tv and saw a commercial where a dude asked for "clothes.... lots of clothes..." and then the racks from the matrix came out on him

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Humerus posted:

Is the nanowire not in as a weapon or do I need to buy a certain mod for it? I thought that would go well with a stealth/hacking character. And I remember in one of the previews (maybe the first) they had a sequence where V hacked directly into a mook with the wire when she grabbed them from behind, I guess that got cut?

i dont blame you for not looking as the skill tree is boring, but that actually is in there

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Romes128 posted:

My obsession with Adam Smasher intensifies. His design is really good.

You look like a cut of gently caress meat (or whatever dumb poo poo he says)

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
In a lot of ways it's the same loot system of Witcher 3, but I would've vastly preferred a more... *sigh*... Bethesda Falliut approach where, for example, "Copperhead" is an AR that always drops with the same stats, and the unique weapons are strong and do interesting thing.
Most of the "iconics" seem to mean someone painted a gang tag on it. Then I kill the next group of dudes and something better falls out.*

* - I'm a nerd, so I deal with this by keeping my iconic handgun and knife on me, and MGS "procuring on site" new weapons as we go that I just sell off after the mission. Like a rotating "weapon of the day". It's working and fun.

Also the lack of transmog doesn't bother me. I play Fashion Souls. I'm not even looking at the stats. Another thing people complain about is the weapon mods being mostly useless... am I the only old man who puts sights on guns to uh, see better? I wish one had a loving flashlight. Some of these shootout galleries are dark as gently caress.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Alternatively, you don't have to upgrade it or like it that much.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That guy's laser gun is probably transmitting pleasure signals to his cockbrain

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah but cross that guy with Henry Rollins from Johnny Mnemonic

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
He's in Little Metal Gear Solid Town, named after Metal Gear Solid Town
It's the burrough that looks like Snake's buttcheeks in the worm pose from 4

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I kind of wish I got to see my guy more. Put a picture of my dude on the background of every menu instead of just inventory. It really wouldn't break my immersion if they showed our face sometimes during some scenes when we got to pick our response, especially if we got to use some of those emotions we can see in the mirror.

E: I drive in 3rd person because I feel like I can't see over the loving dashboard in first. First person mode in driving reminds me of using a camera trick to "fake it" in a game that doesn't have first person driving.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Saw a reddit post for this game that said "I accidently keep being hosed by men". I clicked it.

The guy talked about how fella outside a strip club asked if he wanted to dance. He said yes, assuming he'd be let inside to pick a lap dance. He said instead it cut to an unskippable scene of the guy loving him.

Cyberpunk as gently caress

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Randarkman posted:

Get the quote and summarize it. That's a new thread title IMO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb04ks/i_keep_accidentally_having_sex_with_men/

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Okay so if you unequip everything and look down, you can't see you genitals. Maybe to avoid an AO rating? In your inventory screen you'll hang dong, but in-game, you never will...

It's also like that with long sleeve outfits for some reason. I spent like 11k on cool future dusters and stuff, but when you look down in-game, your sleeves are always rolled to the elbows I guess to avoid clipping???

Also, the driving is fantastic on motorcycles! Try it before you give up on driving! I'm honestly kinda used to the cars now. I treat it less like an RPG there and just steal a car and GTA to the mission, because the police don't matter at all. That may not be what you want to hear, but being less precious with cars that weren't mine kinda taught me how they want me to play this game, I guess?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like the big heavy pistols. As far as ridiculous damage goes, I have 0 points in AR but every AR I pick up with a green arrow shreds.
I'm playing this game changing up weapons and stuff every mission, selling and dissasembling everything. It's fun.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Randarkman posted:

^^^ Eh, that's a fantastic post if you ask me.

It's a little bit better because it's more maneuvrable, but in no way is it fantastic. Also as far as I can tell I can't pop wheelies (though if I missed this, I want to know!). Just like making a good FPS, making a good and fun driving game is much more difficult than it sounds. Anyway I can accept that with this, kind of way, just like i accept that as shooter alone this game is very much like deus ex, just not very good and feels very slow and awkward, but it's all the supporting systems, character progression, atmosphere and setting which works to elevate it. Alot of games which attempt to do lots of mechanically different things at once often don't end up doing any of them very well individually.

I was on autopilot, fantastic is not right, you're right. I'll post better.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The Akira motorcycle is the Yaiba Kusanagi... just need to the find little guy that sells it, hopefully!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
All my favorite youtubers will have two hour long videos about this game's politics and they will all use the cybertruck window being smashed

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The internet tells me the Yaiba Kusanagi is 22k. Tell me if you guys see out there, maybe. I can't seem to find it!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Combat Pretzel posted:

If the inventories are indeed fixed, then that sucks.

I don't think that's right. I reloaded a few times and visited a shop, and it had different gear every time. I saw a sweet trench coat, came back, and it was gone.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

RichterIX posted:

End of act 1, beginning of act 2 spoilers bummed that I chose to send Jackie to the ripperdoc because I didn't think his mom wanted to see him with his liver hanging out, missed out on the funeral scene which probably would have really gotten me. Excuse for a second playthrough I guess! Also, is it true that since I hacked Meredith's credit chip for what turned out to be no good reason and blasted Royce in the face that I am cut out of further Meredith side quests? Not complaining, thems the breaks in this kind of game, just curious

Wait... that doesn't happen if... wow

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Combat Pretzel posted:

I keep seeing the same poo poo, even a reload doesn't seem to change much. I reached Street Cred level 27, which is supposed to increase the amount/variety of items in a shop, but I don't see a difference. Same boring items, same count. If there's more shown, it's a negligible increase that doesn't get noticed.

I once found a shop with an extended list, but somehow I can't find it anymore on the map :[

If it helps, I'm specifically talking about the fancy stores in the southern part of the map. Some clothing guys are like hobos with stalls, but that fake gucci place had a ton of cool stuff that I didn't have enough money for, came back, and found the list different (and still found cool poo poo to wear, seriously, there's so many great jackets in this game)

Maybe that was a fluke?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Can someone tell me some spoilered specific examples/vibe of Nomad and Corpo dialogue? Is Nomad like lone biker dude or what does she talk about? I'll do the same for Street Kid:

I thought Street Kid would be weird if unfamiliar but it's actually a lot of good exposition about bit characters you find. There's a lot of "I know this guy, he's actually okay" or "you are not from around here are you nerd" type stuff. I am in Act 2 can think of around 6~ times or so.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yo, this is how to get the akira bike:
street cred lvl 12, wakako will call you about it, it costs 22 space clams, she can call while you are cruising or doing quests in her fixer area

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Simone Magus posted:

I can't decide if I wanna start over because of the patch or not.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really hope for a 3rd person mode just for walking. If you draw a gun or do anything, make it switch to 1st person for animations and all, but man if I could just walk in between places that'd be cool. I think that's one reason the motorcyle is so cool. You get to see your dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like to think about how cool the battle music is while reading the "help i keep accidently loving men" reddit post.
I'd like to petition to put an NPC who says this in the DLC please

Maybe just a pantless NPC who is like "gently caress not again" when he's thrown out of the club after freshly loving some guy