Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
I wonder if they'll fix the driving physics in the day one patch. Unless it's a new futuristic security feature in cars where most car crashes seem to result in one of the cars ramping over the other car.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
it's going to be a great pay-to-play beta test

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, nothing says that you have to repeatedly be lazy because "source material!!"

But then again, endless crunch to nudge a bug ridden corpse over the finish line. :thunk:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
did anyone say Cyberjank 2077 yet?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Horizon Burning posted:

endorph, please don't act like them saying 'cis characters only, sorry, we're sticking to a strict binary' would be a better result

Like maybe there's better options outside of and between transploitation and nothing but cis.

Also

Horizon Burning posted:

:chloe:

this loving thread lmaooooo

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Lid posted:

Is this Bethesda tier broken or Obsidian tier broken

Yes.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

lalaland posted:

Im reading a guide on some kind of poor man's DLSS for my 1660 super, where i can lower the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 and apply a sharpening filter on nvidia overlay to get all the fps with minimal graphical fidelity loss. I wanna try this out when I get home later. Anyone have experience with this? Does it work?

It's very much game dependent. Some games do just a crude full screen scaling job which will perform but look terrible. It's like pasting a picture in Paint and stretching it. It will not look good but it you'll get better performance. Far Cry 5 comes to mind.

Then there are games like Doom Eternal that somehow manage to still look very good even with resolution scaling. I've been playing Division 2 now also at 75% and that game also does a very good job with scaling. My guess is that they do some very selective scaling tricks where the heavier elements get reduced resolutions and lighter loads get to keep their fidelity.

Having said that, 1920x1080 -> 1600x900 is probably going to be rough no matter how Cyberpunk does it (if it has resolution scaling?). The only reason I scale is to keep temps and GPU usage down while trying to get more frames (without image quality suffering enormously) and I do it at 1440p to 1080p so quite a bit more pixels to play with.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
So you can't even remap F from "Use" to anything else. RIP me, I guess.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Played for a couple of hours and it's OK and feels very enjoyable when it comes to the story and overall non-gameplay aspects.

Graphics are great and performance seems good on a RTX 3060 TI. Story seems cool. Glitches have been visual mostly.

But holy poo poo is the UI and the game itself just trying to tear me away from the experience. It's death by a thousand janky and confusing cuts.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

it dont matter posted:

There's a perk called I Spy which shows who's attacking you with a hack.

Thanks for this. I'm sure this was somewhere in a datapad that I ignored but the netrunners hacking you with no explanation felt like such loving bullshit. It felt like an invisible archvile. Thank god the game is not hard on normal.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Is there a quick holster button? Using the weapon wheel every time I accidentally draw the gun.

edit. Also yay for walking next to a cop, him getting angry at me and telling me to back off, I back off and walk away and then he fully aggros 20 seconds after anyway. So lifelike!

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 11, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

ughhhh posted:

Double tap Y if you are using a xbox controller. Basically double tap the unholster command to holster your weapon.

Thanks!

It's funny how they ignored so many major command rebinds for keyboard and quality of life things on PC just to deliver a 15fps experience on the consoles they originally targeted.

CDPR's priorities are so hosed and I'm not seeing here anything that necessitated death marching their employees for this bullshit. Sheer loving incompetence on their managements part.

All the art, assets and work is just so top notch but the game itself is such a loving mess. There was no reason for the crunch and it was obviously just massive incompetence in time management.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Donovan Trip posted:

Jim Sterling alt spotted

Thanks! I'm not sure if you're saying this like it's a bad thing though.

Also love having no confirm purchase button when you accidentally buy the most expensive rifle nuking your bank account after you hocked off all your junk. No undo either as far as I can tell. Time to reload another save. GOTY

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

NicelyNice posted:

My only real complaint is the RPG stuff is just kinda... there. I usually dig this aspect of games a ton, but all of it seems like % increases with no real fundamental change to the way you play your character. The loot also seems kinda distracting and out of place in a setting like this. Maybe I'll get more used to the systems as I go through the game.

Yeah, I play and like RPGs alot but this just makes my eyes glaze and roll to the back of my head.

I complained about jank before like I'm not used to it. I grew up with eurojank but here it just feels so out of place because everything art and creative wise feels so polished to perfection.

When the story immerses me though, it really does immerse me and I'm really enjoying it so far. Plowing through the main quest is satisfying as hell.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
I'm still getting very immersed in the game but I actively have to ignore most of the game things in the game. What keeps me hooked is how the art has been realized in the story, acting, graphics, music, assets etc but most of the mechanics and user experience in this game is what I'd call place holder at worst or unfinished at best.

It's not all bad, the mini map dot pathing hasn't let me down once and seeing how complex the area is, that's a real accomplishment. When the work is quality, it's just quality.

I wish the inventory system had the same amount of polish. Looking at gun stats is just hellish because there is no central location for stats, they're all moving tool tips. Sorting is very rudimentary and in a drop down menu. You can sort armor "by dps" (lol). The list UI gets slowly redrawn every time you sell something.

Can't mark anything as junk and the junk itself can either be sold or scrapped automatically... by a perk. Why the hell is that a perk and not just a check mark in the UI? It's dumb that I'm now apparently junking even all the silver earrings that cost a thousand eddies for some common mats that cost nothing.

... the list of jank is just endless and the less I have to deal with it, the better.

Like I love number-go-up type games and looter shooting is fun but this game does it so bad ... why is any of it implemented? It's all just so you can shoot the dumbest mooks that rubber band everywhere through walls and the ground and sometimes see you through solid objects.

The story telling and world building is next level but the game itself is from 2003 and so unfinished. And I love it and enjoying it a lot but I can't not be endlessly frustrated about it.

Talking about this game makes me feel like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcIMIyQnOso

edit. nice meltdown

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 12, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
lol why are all the fixers used car sales men? That should be a user prompt and not just "I picked you up on the CCTV/satellite/sixth sense, buy my used sedan, please"

The journal bloat is real.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
*emotional scene with a dying character ends*

*phone rings*
"Hey, I'm that classy Yakuza kingpin lady ... anyway, I've got a Honda Civic here that's got your name on it"

lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Communist Bear posted:

A Honda Civic?!

[Furiously skips scene]

Honestly, yeah lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m broke as gently caress how do I make money

Kill people, sell their poo poo.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

It is organic. You're a merc who is well known and established, has been involved in crazy poo poo, and is known as reliable. They see you in their turf and call you up. It's totally fine and this is a weird complaint.

The (arguably unfinished) implementation of it much like most other things is jank as all hell. It's not weird to say that maybe the fixers are a bit too fast on the text when they call you and start unloading their vehicle catalogues to you as soon as your front tires hit the border of their turf. It's about as organic as all the other npc interactions in this game.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1337555816417800194

Wait, so employee bonuses were tied to loving metacritic scores? :psypop:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

This is WAY more common than you think.

I know and I'm not surprised but it just shows how loving eager they were to throw their employees under the bus on literally everything. Development hell, feature creep and impossible deadlines lined up one after another. Depressingly the way more surprising outcome here is that they admitted that the release was a clusterfuck. They could just point at the sales and go "See?? Successful launch! 89 on metacritic? Better luck next time"

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hell some developers don't get paid bonuses from publishers if they don't reach a certain Metacritic score. Fallout: New Vegas was short just 1% and as a result Obsidian had their payout chopped by Bethesda.

I was aware of this and it's one thing when a company subcontracts and then does lovely things. That's the truly industry standard thing here and does not surprise me at all. What I wasn't aware of is that companies literally do this to their own employees AFTER they set them up for failure. Just loving heinous as gently caress.

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 13, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

ded posted:

That happens all the time. It happened with Fallout : New Vegas. They didn't get the bonus because it didn't hit 80 at release.

EFB

Yes but I see a difference in Bethesda subcontracting Obsidian and strong arming them to lovely terms. That's really bad. This is just way, way shittier.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

CDProjekt = Pro-consumer

I don't really see this and I haven't seen it in years. Like you said it, most people have this on last-gen and if no where is the criticism more valid than there.

But I'll shut up now, railing against CDPR isn't for this thread. I love the atmosphere of the game like I've said but I keep getting disappointed and reading anything about how this game came to be is seriously depressing.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
I'm close to the end of the game and I really have enjoyed and loved my time with all the quests and the world. Seriously, great job to all the devs, artists and everyone making the game. I haven't gotten this much enjoyment out of a game's story in a while and I have really nothing bad to say about art. I could nitpick or criticize of course but it's very minor compared to the overall very positive time I've had. I'm saving a lot of the side quests for later though once the game has been polished and/or modded. There's probably dozens of hours of content that I'm still missing and that's not a bad thing.

Seriously, a stellar job.

The negatives (warning: here be dragons :discourse:)
SERIOUSLY IF YOU DON'T WANT ULTRA NEGATIVITY STOP READING NOW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The release has been basically a scam just like most rushed AAA releases. There's no other way to say it. The development of the actual game started probably way too late according to unverified (but believable in light of the release) and they rushed the release. Any which way it needed more time. The difference in the amount of polish that the art has vs the gameplay is staggering. It's a half a billion dollar early access game and the fact that they NDA'd every reviewer from recording their own footage and cracked down on all the leaks so hard just emphasizes that. It's normal in the industry, I get it. Ubisoft and Bethesda release unfinished poo poo all the time and get raked over the coals and they do it over and over again because it doesn't matter and it's incredibly profitable. Very cool. It's also indefensible and just confirmed my suspicions that CDP just doesn't respect their customers or their employees. And I suspected this but I also like giving companies the benefit of the doubt. So any doubts of them not being a 1000% AAA has been pulverized and much like any other game company, they're a vehicle for incredible artists to craft immaculate and memorable experiences. A tale as old as time

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
lol, I wrote my last post before I saw this

Grouchio posted:

CDPR has issued an apology for it's lovely last-gen console release, has announced it's patch schedule, and offers full refunds for the next week:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472?s=20

Fool me once. CDP sure loves to go around loving over everyone and then come out loudly apologizing for it. Maybe if they just did things right the first place, they didn't have to come out 'admitting' their gently caress ups. I might be able to play along a bit more if we didn't get these every other month. It looks like a PR strategy for them at this point.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

That isn't to say that this game doesn't deserve its share of criticism, only that I believe there is an unfair double-standard that isn't applied to much larger releases from more established studios.

No, just no. Bethesda was bulletproof for years despite releasing unfinished bug ridden messes every single time. Skyrim, Fallout 4 and especially Fallout 76 turned Todd Howard in to a meme. CDPR is on track to a similar fate with this is and it's completely justified.

Also this game sold millions of copies and they recouped their budget with pre-orders alone. When is it okay to start criticizing gently caress ups and especially gently caress ups that the management of the studio are copping to?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Oneiros posted:

when people stop forking out $60-$100 sight-unseen and spending dozens or hundreds of hours on games they "hate"

It's a choice of who to blame for sure, can't argue with that. You either blame the customer for getting baited or blame the company that baits them. One of them gets paid to bait and the other one has to work just to get baited.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Pylons posted:

Finished the game tonight (by which I mean, did an ending). Really enjoyed it, probably gonna finish up the rest of the side quests and then I'm not sure whether I'm gonna do a second playthrough or wait for the patches to iron the rest of the game out.

My thoughts as well after finishing off a couple endings from a save. There's a lot to like and love with this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH6JUqPX8iE&t=1774s

Jesus, the soundtrack is... so... loving... BANGER. :pcgaming:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

YES :getin:

All the battle themes are just top notch

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
CDPR stock plunged over 20% value on market open this morning over the PSN pull. :psyduck:

I love this game. I've got +60h in this, I'm on my second playthrough and I hope it doesn't get taken out back and shot over this clusterfuck of a release. :ohdear:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8LhMaLkDMQ&t=12s

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I love the music in this game. <3

IT SLAPS. :blastu:

Seriously, thank you Comte for everything you've worked on. :love:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Who is responsible for us cracks and pon pon shi?

I'm glad I found Ratatata on Youtube because it finally replaced Pon Pon poo poo in my head after several days. God drat it lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
the markets can and will remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
I'm glad I got my criticisms and saltiness out of the way during the first two days of playing since I'm pretty much now chilling and enjoying the setting and everything it includes. Not that I don't agree with what I wrote before but the internet ruins and runs everything to the ground so I'd rather concentrate on what I love about the game now.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

I really enjoyed the male/male segment in Clouds with Angel, and thought it was really well done. I’m playing a het-male V but clicked on Angel’s name by mistake. I played it as though V wasn’t super concerned with sexuality and just went with the flow and it was a rather touching scene. Is Skye the same way? Is it the same dialogue with both of them?

At least similar but not the same if I recall. They end with the same lines. I played both and I liked Angel more.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

midge posted:

End(ing) Game Spoilers

Scummed my way through all the endings. The only one that is mindsafe for 2020 is running off with with Panam into the sunset - everything else is such a downer

For real, the one where you turn in to Johnny broke me and Judy's (romance) call me made sob uncontrollably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

You know you die 6 months after that also. From brain problems.

I think from a game a where I'm already ignoring a metric ton of stupid poo poo, a dumb "no happy ending for you" plot point was probably the most satisfying to ignore lol. gently caress that 6 month dying thing, I'm living forever with Judy and were starting a desert community with blackjack and hookers