Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Assuming all other factors (basically regional pricing) is the same, the best way to buy this is through GoG correct? There's no real price difference between Steam and GoG for me.

Also, while I am only just now reading the thread, I very much appreciate the warnings about epilepsy inducing events in the game. Managed to warn some of my friends who are more susceptible to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

....how big is this update to play the game? It's telling me I don't have enough space to download it, despite having 50gigs free...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

queeb posted:

you need liek the entire size of the game doubled free i think

Vietnom nom nom posted:

They update by essentially re-copying the entire game, you're gonna need like 60 or so free. Yes I know it's stupid.

Also updated at 10MB/sec on GOG and am playing...see you all the in the cyberverse

Nooooo! Okay, I guess everything goes on the HDD then. :(

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Can anyone change their keybindings? I want Tab to be on my thumb mouse buttons but after changing it in the options menu, it doesn't take and I still need to press Tab.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Frankston posted:

Why is this 60gb game not able to fit onto my ssd that has 120gb free space left

I had a similar problem with an update earlier, you need more than 120gb of space at a time.

60gb for the installation files. Another 60gb to unpack the files.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Don't forget to update your drivers, big difference in performance.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How do I check my FPS through GOG Galaxy? If the answer is "You can't" what's a no brainer software to help me check it?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Photo Mode is super fun

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Pigbottom posted:

I'm really regretting buying this on gog instead of steam. Every time I need to update the game for a 500mb patch it gobbles 60gigs and maxes out my ssd use to 100 and I end up having to reinstall the game. WTF

Oh is this a GOG thing? This has been a pain for me too, do you think I can refund and get it back on Steam while keeping my saves?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Quick question about Cyberpunk patching on Steam: do you need twice the hard disk space to make a small patch? Because on GoG, currently the implementation is "500MB patch? Let's unpack everything into another new 60 gigs, essentially having the game installed twice for a split second, so you always need twice the total disk space." Which is tricky when I only have about 65gb free on my NVME.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Taking my ride out like a normal person

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So if you go into Photo Mode just as you crash your bike on rocks, the game freaks out

And if you go into Photo Mode again...

I think it tried to replace in game V with photo mode V but for whatever reason they overlapped, and now one of the Vs never disappears

EDIT: Replaced second photo with correct one whoops

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I spend way too much time in Photo Mode

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Don't mind me just sitting here casually trying to make band album covers

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I just met Panam and is she romanceable? Because I am trying really hard

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yes, if you're playing a dude.

:negative:

I guess a second playthrough is guaranteed!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah the way romance works is that there's one for each of the main sexualities. 1 gay lady (Judy), 1 gay man (Kerry), 1 straight lady (Panam), and one straight man (River).

Thanks for this! Do you know if the voice is the only thing needed or do I need body (genitals?) to match? I was already planning a second playthrough as a SFV Seth-like character anyway so my current plan is female body male voice

Artelier fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 18, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sedisp posted:

So according to my wife she never got early game spoiler Jackie's ofrenda cause she selected the ripper doc to drop off the body why in the world is this the case?

Basically the body was sent to Victor, and then the corps come and take it so there is no body to ofrenda :( so you're locked out of it

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sometimes it's hard to choose

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Judy gaining them Kitty Pride powers

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Why talk to one person in one location about one topic when you can do two?

NOOOOOO

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The Sinnerman quest chain is...something.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gorilla arms are A+ for killing people that deserve it. Highly recommended.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Had to kill someone in a bar, preferably stealthily. Opened the door to the bar, peeked in, asked the guy to commit suicide, closed door and left. The stealth objective completed before the body was discovered. A++ will stealth again

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Is it true that you can't romance Panam as female V? Bummer if so.

Me, years ago: Haha Bethesda just making everyone fall for the PC with no regards to their own agency makes no sense, so unrealistic

Me, today: WHY WON'T PANAM LOVE ME WHYYYYYYYYY

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That was a good quest because yes the corpo guy is a dick but Claire's husband was a poo poo driver and got himself killed. Sucks for you Claire but you knew the rules of the murder race. Also by sparing that guy you get his cool car(that sucks).

Oh that's interesting because I got a messed up outcome to that. So throughout the whole quest I was like "Oh this is for murder revenge I'm all in let's go murder!" and then when I found out the circumstance of husband dying naturally I was like "Yo Claire that's like super fair let's let the guy live" and Claire was like "You're right...BUT I AM NOT GETTING OFF THIS MURDER TRAIN" and killed the guy anyway after agreeing that it would just be murder and not revenge.

Basically I never had an option of making him not die in the end, and I think it's because I was on board for the murder during confession.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I like to Ping, Cyberpsycho through wall, Contagion and Suicide as necessary. All from the outside.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Craptacular! posted:

Terribly new player question: What's the way on the mouse and keyboard to interact with these Doom3-style terminal screens? I've tried left-clicking on poo poo and even though I see the hand it doesn't seem to function. I've seen console players access data on terminals I couldn't use already, so I know there's something I don't get.

It's incredibly intuitive! You point your mouse cursor at what you want to select, and then, since you used your mouse to point at it, you obviously use the hand by pressing F on the keyboard

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Jack Trades posted:

Reminder that if you bought the game at launch on GOG then you're still eligible for a refund.

I did just that because a buggy (albeit still good) aand linear 30 hour campaign with mediocre gameplay for 60 bux feels like a total scam.

Wait what, how does GoG refunding work?

I'm actually A-OK with the game and love it so I don't mind the at launch purchase at all..but when GoG updates, it needs an additional 60gb on top of the already installed 60gb and I...don't think the Steam version needs that? There's only so much space on my boot drive NVME :(

Like, if the Steam version doesn't need twice the disc space, I would like to refund then immediately buy on Steam.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I did Judy's quest where she orders pizza and I conclude V is a monster because the pizza was on the table, I pressed R to eat it and I scarfed the whole pizza what a dick

Artelier fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 22, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rogue: Hey kill this character

Me: Oh they're all the way inside this store full of enemies. Nevermind I got this. Let's quickhack through the walls and make them Suicide haha I'm a genius! No need for combat!

Rogue: Okay now bring the corpse to the car

Me: ah gently caress

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Found the worst mirror.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ahahaha Johnny's face when someone admits they miss him

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i want those pants give them to me

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Protip: If you find a Shard labeled Fanfiction I you must read it

EDIT: Was so excited I butchered the grammar whoops

Artelier fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 23, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

socialsecurity posted:

Every day for the rest of your life you get to look in the mirror at a monster that cheated on Judy with a cop

Not unless you attain ultimate wisdom like me, where you have a quick fling with River first, then start going on dates with Judy and settling down with her HAHA I WIN

Actually I briefly considered going for River but he is so obscenely thirsty for V that I was kind of put off. Also in the post-coital cutscene the sister comes by and like Hey River likes you haha and I'm like haha and then I check my inventory and I've been walking around the family with no pants on the entire time

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Last King posted:

but it does. the loot specifically scales up as you level up, getting stronger as you get stronger. it's skyrim all over again. you can see this really easily when you loot a legendary / iconic item early on in watson, only to watch it be outranked by blues and uncommons as you progress. by the time i found the legendary monowire (at like level 6) and then left watson, i was using melee weapons that randomly dropped off thugs because they were just so. much. better.

i didn't even use any of the stuff i found in watson after i had access to the other parts of night city and did more story missions as i leveled up and it made all the starter gear i found obsolete (which is really frustrating).

The items scale up to you, but enemies don't as far as I can tell. So since all gear goes up, even if you're super unlucky and only role commons, you will definitely become stronger, and can go back to steamroll troublesome opponents no matter what.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Veks posted:

just lol that the gay male romance option is locked behind having jhonny do straight poo poo with v's body and rogue's romance quests. and also that he's the character thats the most removed from the main story of the four love interests, appearing only in act 3, too. no wonder people dont even talk about him when talking about the romances, he's hidden away behind a ton of poo poo.

Who is it? I'm about clear my first playthrough and want to go this route on run 2. Is it Kerry? Because if so, yes this character is definitely not obvious. And I also ask because there doesn't seem to be an obvious "This is where the romance would've been if that was on the cards" scene.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Finishing up my run with female V. Going to be starting a new character soon, and I wanna ask, how's Kerry's romance? Because his quest was....not....good for me. It seemed so small time and mean and petty compared to everyone else's.

Bold Robot posted:

How far into act 2 is Gimme Danger? Like I’ve heard the main quest is not super long but I’m wondering just how short it is.

That's the one where you recon with Takemura right? It's towards the end of Act 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm curious how you avoid that then. Cause I was about as much of a ghost as you could be given you had to take out the snipers. I didn't even kill them.

me too! i just looked at them and they killed themselves