Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Some corpo-guy at CDPR during investors call: "The game was ready for PC in June!"

Only curated PC footage allowed for early reviews and still each one says it's full of bugs and crashes a lot.

I'm looking forward to playing it, but yeah....ready in June....

Reading that it's a lot like Deus Ex makes me really happy, though! Still no idea which path I'll take in a couple of ours...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oh my god I just decided to look into the mirror after the first mission and had to wait till V's vagina streams in (I was also pretty surprised to be fully naked, because I actually was dressed when looking down before opening the mirror. I know, because I was surprised to wear clothes under the shower). What a funny game on PS4 Pro (no SSD). I now tend to play mirror peek-a-boo to see what streams in first.

Should have bought in PC, in hindsight.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Occasionally I can't draw my weapons. Bug right? Any solutions?

I had that during the car chase. Luckily, the guys chasing also couldn't draw their guns. So basically nothing happened (though Jackie commented on a fight that totally didn't happen) and the mission somehow ended.

I also sometimes can't advance time...just says "currently not possible", but I find no rhyme or reason.

Just had the first BD scene/intro though, and wow, that's some cool stuff (minus the seizure inducing flashing thing)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I think I'll have to put this game on hold after like the...I think seventh?...hard crash on PS4 Pro, waiting for a PS5 and patches. I really wanted to play this game on the couch, and even thought about moving my old VR PC into the living room (1080TI, 16 gigs, somekinda i7...should have worked) but I was stupid enough to believe that it can't be that bad on a PS4 Pro.

Some mild spoilers from prologue

Did the hero mission in regard to Jackie and his mother. Got the key, walked to the garage, talked to Jackie's girlfriend and during the conversation....crash back to home.

Restarted, this time able to finish the talk and got the thing from the garage. Back to the bar...

...and during the speech three NPCs there lacked thighs...just didn't stream in.

The other other car chase? I was handed an invisible weapon that never streamed in, and AGAIN I sometimes wasn't able to shoot...controls just didn't work.

Decided to meet up with the guy-I-cant-remember-the-name in the bar, and it took seriously like 30 seconds for the console to process that I am there, check off quest conditions (while I was trying to sit down, but no prompt showed up), saved, and then after another couple seconds I get a "sit down already" or something, so the quest can continue.

Also Johnny Silverhand punched me into geometry at my apartment so I couldn't see what was going on...basically looked into some furniture with Keanu Reeves behind it doing something

I really, really want to like this game, but it's too many bugs for me at the moment...guess I'm no Star Citizen veteran who can easly shrug them off with "it's alpha".

Game should have released on PC first, and then on next-gen later, I assume

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Though I'd probably be much less forgiving if I had to deal with PS4 load times.

The game shouldn't have been released on "last-gen", but that of course would not have been an option.

Also, CDPR, you can buy cars since years that offer a HUD for navigation...if you design a pretty cool looking city, either give me a HUD or a way to change the map scale so I can actually look at that city instead of checking a tiny map on the top right (I hope someone now tells me other cars feature this or I can change the mapscale somehow).

There also seems to be a bug with beeing overburdened. The first time it happened to me, I didn't realize it, I just realized I could no longer run. Then had an NPC cutscene, and after that, I was even slower. Had another NPC cutscene/talk scene, and I was now moving like a snail. Thought I'd check inventory, and of course I was overburdened. Recycled some stuff (after that, the notification about overburdened popped up...not before though?), and I was back to "one stage faster than snail", while the run button would put me back to "normal walk". Saved, reloaded, and everything was okay again. Seems like the check to slow you down doesn't realize you are already slow or something? idk

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Crimson Harvest posted:

I can't play this game anymore, I've soft locked 4-5 times from the input just stopping. It's not worth the headache to be railroaded through bad shooter sections.

Three car chases in, not a single one worked for me like it should. I assume I'll work on that Tsushima plat now, until some more patches drop for Cyberpunk.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

the subtitles disappearing is really annoying

Them staying on for like 30 minutes is way worse. Had it happen twice, where a line that actually never got said because the game hosed up stayed on there forever. Of course, save and reload, yeah, but still...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Checked back after the latest patch, and just played like four hours on PS4 Pro and it's....fine now?

Framerate seems way more stable, no crashes yet. Still a bit of yank, pop-in etc., but the game is playable now and I actually enjoy it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

it does this periodically for me (PS5). not sure if it's related to the crashes.

To me, settings in Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS4 Pro, are like tears in rain

(I have no idea why, but they reset all the time, and I haven't found why yet)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

While the game is still crashing on my sometimes (I'd say about every four or five hours of play...never had an automatic save too far away), I am really enjoying.

And oh my do I love watching Cyber City Oedo 808 again now

And never having dealt with Cyberpunk 2020 (only Shadowrun), I really like this storyline (though Shadowrun would have been great, as well).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Finished the game couple of minutes ago Panam / The World ending, chose the well

Last mission might have been the buggiest of them all Saul and others just standing around doing nothing when Miltech attacked, the panzer's canopy was offset by half a meter, I constantly had to reequip my clothes because I the game rendered me naked all the time, machinegun I ripped off of Smasher didn't stream in, so I basically shot him with empty hands, cyberspace sequence with Alt warped me arround for no apparent reason. When leaving with the Aldocados, Mitch constantly rammed some poor vehicles parked on the side. Entry into the tunnel was not rendering, reflections on the ?lake? when you hover over it flickered like hell when V throws away the bullet-necklace..

Once the credits rolled, and some emotional stuff started, the game crashed. I decided to not send a crash report.

PS4 Pro.

Farewell, Cyberpunk 2077, see you on another generation (and another patch number).

tuo fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 29, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

fennesz posted:

:allears:

https://streamable.com/d4qzj6

Not going to like, I kind of enjoy this poo poo.

landing succssfl....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

XBenedict posted:

Stop loving with my head canon.

Speaking of Cyberpunk, why can't I have a head cannon? I know something like that was in one of the Shadowrun Street Samurai Books, and of course in Bubblegum Crisis.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dursa from Hades, but with a head cannon! Take my money.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

so the game runs better or less people are playing it? are going to release the Y axis with the next gen patch?

Seeing as it spikes after a patch dropped and then going down without another patch/hotfix, I assume it's just total crashes, not crashes per hour played? Less people playing, less crashes.

I tried again after the 1.2 dropped, and forgot that when I hit continue, it replays the credits (because it crashed the last time on me during the credits), so I thought I'd let them run through this time, and of course it crashed again during the credits. (PS4 Pro)

Haven't picked it up again after that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mendrian posted:

Aside from multi-player shenanigans what can a bad actor do with source code, really?

Theoretically, steal a lot of manhours of work to build upon, basically a jumpstart. Then again, in times of opensource, and even a lot of engines that give you the sourcecode together with the engine (but you need to buy a license to use it commercially), I am still a bit surprised they managed to sell it.

Depends especially on the fact if all the tools, editors etc. around it are included, because without them it would be a pain in the rear end the actually make use of the engine

The engine doesn't even come across as something you want to use, more like Frostbite engine that grew organically and was never meant to be licensed/adapted to other games (and according to Anthem developers is not that pleasant to work with).

Maybe it was sold as an NFT for collectors

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Massive transnational corporations are *more* interesting than dragons.

WTF?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And what about massive transnational corporations with dragons? :colbert:

Only if they are the CEO, have magical powers, and control at least one AI in the matrix. That's where stuff starts to get interesting.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Archer666 posted:

The severity of the hack seems to be bigger than just the source code for their games. It may also include employee and contractor data, which earlier CDPR denied was the case.

Which - depending on the nature of the hack - might cost them a lot of money if it's a valid GDPR violation.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

itry posted:

It was already public knowledge employee personal info leaked. They warned everybody awhile ago.

In case of a GDPR violation, it actually doesn't matter if it's public info or not. As soon as it's data you can identify a person with, and they find an error in your GDPR documentation or in the way it is enforced, you might be in trouble.

I this case though, I think they'd only be in trouble if they really hosed up their GDPR processes, which I don't assume they did.

e: I type this while preparing like nearly a hundred documents for employees in regard to GDPR and homeoffice...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Splorange posted:

(e: I feel sorry for you, the amount of admin to distribute information to all the dummies in the organization.. and know that at best it gets glanced at once...and maybe not at all :v: )

I could write a loooong post about my experience as a GDPR-consultant, but I'll leave it at: I love the spirit and idea of GDPR, I despise the actual GDPR and can only laugh about the way it is enforced on the (big) companies it actually should regulate in regard to personal data.

(This post uses technically necessary cookies. Please tell us of you confirm to use them or deny it, so we can set a technically necessary cookie that tells us you don't want us to save a technically necessary cookie on your computer-thingy)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Palpek posted:

CDPR published a more detailed article on the personal data leak back in february: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/information-regarding-data-security/

That seems appropriate and well handled, but after witnessing (actually reporting a major data breach to their IT) of a certain game company, seeing what was available and then reading their GDPR breach report (which stated for example that no payment data/information was available, while it clearly was....which might bringt you in a lot of trouble with insurances and stuff) I tend to no longer believe these reports.

e: I at least got a 50 EUR voucher as a "thank you" ;)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

itry posted:

50 euro hush money :homebrew:

Look, I was young and needed the money was randomly clicking their site in search of a PDF and was granted with a PHP shell...so....

e: good thing is I found the PDF I searched for via that shell

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I like how they removed "improvements" from the roadmap

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

patch 1.23, added covid lockdowns to the ps4 version

Another job well done!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The money glitch was patched in 1.2, no idea bout the other one

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

I think Final Fantasy stinks

Which one?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The Final one, duh.

Not talking about the CP 1.3 patch here…

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

So you need to decide if you want to wait for it. Sorry!

Cyberpunk 2077 - So you need to decide if you want to wait for it. Sorry!

sorry

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cyberpunk 2077 - it would be too much to try and cram all that in

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Witcher 4 will be a stealth game. You play as Roach, and you always have to stay out of sight of Geralt for when he summons you. Bonus points when you climb on a house.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Fame Douglas posted:

Spoiler tags are annoying, the game has been out for a while and the story isn't interesting in the least. If you're so worried about spoilers ruining your experience of playing a bad game, why haven't you played it yet and why are you reading the thread about it.

And if you're this worried about knowing story details of some piece of pop media, grow up.

On the other hand spoiler tags are super easy to add and people regularly pop in to the thread and ask if the nextgen update is out/the game is fixed now on old consoles so they can pick it up again. (=> they obviously haven‘t finished it)

I‘d agree for a lot of games that had a smooth launch that you wouldn‘t need spoiler tags a year after, but CP2077 is bit different in that regard, imo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The review embargo is basically still in effect until the next-gen update drops.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

TheAgent posted:

The story was fine, there just wasn't a whole lot of reactivity to player choice. Would've been fine if it was touted as a more linear action story instead of a complex RPG.

Totally agree, but that‘s actually not really my main complaint about the game. Of course I would have preferred more interaction in the story, but I think I got what I wanted from it, especially with some memorable sidequests that rival Witcher 3 sidequest quality.

I remember posting in here like a week or so before release that I still have no idea what the actual gameplay is like, because all the promo material was so….I don‘t know….flat? It was marketed as basically everything, but gameplay trailers over the years where all over the place, and way off from „everything“.

I still had fun, powered through it in the two weeks after release on a PS4 Pro, and also in the camp waiting for a next-gen update before picking it up again. There is so much to like about the game and story, weighed down by the actual state it was released in.

I also just said exactly nothing new, I know.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Yeah it's weird because there's a lot of bugs in the game that I experienced constantly that others didn't but I expect a lot of people here were on PC instead of console like me

Also played it on console and I assume I encountered each and every bug. Sadly, I got no achievement for that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

edogawa rando posted:

How am I meant to know what you're doing at the moment.

I assume you haven't played the game, so yeah, you can't know it. The quickhack tutorial takes place in a virtual reality-like environment, not in a car.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Yeah, that’s the ending they are adding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Solo… as opposed to??

I assume they mean opposed to finishing one of the character questlines which usually leads to them being NPC sidekicks during the mission and final bossfight. Depending on choice, you are doing the final mission completely alone, or with NPCs at your side.