Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Just finished, most of my playthrough being post-1.5. Some thoughts:

Driving cars, at least with M&KB with the ones I tried, is still terrible. I stuck to bikes throughout.
The removal of grenade weight meant I never got close to the weight limit, rendering a bunch of perks/mods useless. Had a lot of perk points that I didn't know what do do with towards the end, now I come to think about it.
Hacking/stealth gets boring towards the end, I should have mixed it up more. I was worried my build would be useless in the inevitable Smasher encounter but I only died once (and that was due to blundering into a missile barrage like an idiot)
Another Deus Ex similarity: Magic Legs completely breaks things

Apart from that I enjoyed it bugs and all. I liked how two sidequests end up with a deflating "you've being tricked by an advanced chatbot, idiot" , all of the Peralez stuff (Is Holt actually in the game anywhere? I found his heavily defended HQ along with protesting crowd. Well, the sound of a protesting crowd. No actual crowd was visible. Cyberpunk 2077), and all of the bigger sidequests generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I think you can just turn them on in the detailed map filter and see them all.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

This was a new one to me

https://i.imgur.com/EokCJQA.mp4

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

My second playthrough definitely seems more glitchy. Mostly minor things like conversations in cars being silent sometimes, but I left River to make his own way to the club where Rhyne was killed and he promptly drove straight through a crowded market on a vehicular killing spree. Then he knocked me out of the world by driving repeatedly into that street musician where I was having a conversation with Johnny.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

The light also turns red when they're full. Full of bodies

I'm noticing a lot more interconnectedness this time round. A lot of NCPD hustles and side gigs involving netrunners have them communicating with each other if your read their messages.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

No, I mean: The actual physical light, on the container, changes to red.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I've been stashing interesting looking clothing with a view to upgrading it for the final assault (Corpo V storming the tower in the Joker Trickster top seems thematic at least)

In the meantime however

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Thoroughly enjoyed beating up a bunch of Militech goons, stealing one of their huge sinister black vans, and finding they had the radio set to blast out J-pop

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

OK, what the hell is Joanne Koch up to? She's got her sticky fingers in a ton of the side/NCPD gigs if you read the blurbs and there's no way "Project Nightingale" is a new antibiotic given the autopsy report on those Nomads.

Also, I must go now etc
https://i.imgur.com/grw3so5.mp4

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Two Owls posted:

I left River to make his own way to the club where Rhyne was killed and he promptly drove straight through a crowded market on a vehicular killing spree. Then he knocked me out of the world by driving repeatedly into that street musician where I was having a conversation with Johnny.

patch notes posted:

I Fought the Law - Fixed an issue where River could drive out of the market area erratically and push V out of world bounds.

"erratically" nothing, he knew what he was doing

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I did like the philosophy chat you can have with the two monks if you do their quest non-lethally, especially Johnny's deep and meaningful contribution: "Who cares if the 'real' Johnny is dead? That's his loving problem."

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Another thing I like about River is when I felt a bit guilty about not seeing him for a while and he was all "No, no, I understand you need to work on that whole 'fatal Keanu-ing of the brain' problem"

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

joylessdivision posted:

Speaking of fixers chewing me out, gently caress you Regina and Mumar. Don't call my work sloppy when you didn't specify that I shouldn't kill every dude in the area! If you want quiet infiltration then say so in the brief! Specifically this happens with the eye retrival mission for Regina and another I'm drawing a blank on for Mumar.

Padre chewed me out a bit for stealing a van and returning it slightly... worse for wear. In a very "OK, nice work but can you not hit every single thing on the drive back perhaps" way, but, well, I was being shot at.

Relatedly, you can come across occasional chemical spills and cleanup teams. Turns out the NCPD frown upon stealing their hazmat vans for fun

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Just finished my second playthough, the differences between the Rogue and Panam endings are interesting

With the Alcaderos, the ending is pretty explicit - Night City is a rigged game, and the correct answer is knowing when to fold them and walk away. Even Johnny says this outright.
Rogue's ending has V buying into NC's nonsense, and she becomes weirdly distant to her friends as a result. Mostly out of desperation for a cure (and to not hurt them if she fails), but still.

I also noticed a multiplayer team in the credits for the first time. Uh, how's that working out lads?

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Judy "Kiss of Death" Alvarez

The perk that gives you thrown knives back instantly on a critical hit is hilariously broken at high level

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Very well

I had some lucky moody weather for this one:

I hope the Voodoo Boys approve of my funeral decorum

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hello hello, I'm Arif Iqbal and you are watching WNS news

The abduction of Hanako Arasaka

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

There's a few occasions where you stumble across some horrific crime scene and Johnny pops into existence just to say "grimy" like a sitcom mother-in-law disapproving of a dusty mantlepiece

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Wakako is so spectacularly amoral and evil but also transparently honest about it and I can't quite hate her, weirdly

"Oh, yeah, my 5 husbands died in bizarre gardening accidents, wink wink. And don't look in my special drawer."

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

There's a small Iron Man one somewhere in the Badlands as well.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

twistedmentat posted:

V is all "this is about that Joytoy you murdered" and she's "oh who gives a poo poo?"

Oh, her. She had a nasty accident and fell out of her window. Read the room, lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Finished Phantom Liberty. Thoughts:

Overall great, but it was probably a mistake to do it as late in the base game as I did as doing most of Hand's gigs in a row got predictable. What last minute twist/complication is going happen this time? Oh, right.

Sided with Reed. At least show some regrets about about civilian casualties, Songbird. Still, you had little choice in matters and I honoured your last request. I did like that the choice was a rubbing-salt-into-the-wound "BETRAY X/Y" rather than "SIDE WITH X/Y"

Survival horror bit I largely enjoyed but did go on slightly too long - again, it got predictable with the final complications; you can never just Turn The Bloody Thing off or whatever. Robot only caught me twice, though, and one of them it probably shouldn't have as it glitched out because there didn't seem to be enough space for it to finish me off. So we just stared at each other for a bit and I reloaded. Actually, does Camo do anything in that part? I had the automatic-camo-on-crouch-run perk and it still kicked in.

It's a lovely song at the end, but I'm afraid I burst out laughing at its MAXIMUM BOND-ness. They may as well have got Shirley Bassey in to do it.