Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have a legitimate question, but I've been avoiding all spoilers.

Is your genitalia separate from your gender?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That is really cool thanks for letting me know!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Knowing when the pre-release is up is good, because it matriculates to the piracy websites, so you can pre-load with everyone else. Then when the game releases out you just need that day 1 patch.

E: it's up, you know where to get it.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 7, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah, but it depends on your dick type.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Drone posted:

PC players: you gonna do M+KB or gamepad?

I'm really torn.

It's an FPS, unless the combat is really different from standard shooters, you're going to want to use a mouse.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Just say you're sick, then you get 2 weeks off to play, or at least a few days until you get tested.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The review copies sent out also had Denuvo anti-tamper DRM, which they removed for the main release.

In a few games, this effected performance.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
can't wait to seize for my corporate overlords.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No it isn't. I don't know why you keep ignoring the fact that multiple people have made the observation that if you hack or use Tech weapons the AI fundamentally cannot deal with it. This isn't some singular, fringe opinion. The AI sucks to a degree beyond just being generic videogame bad, it outright cannot respond to basic mechanics.

Why people desperately try to defend this poo poo is beyond me. It's basically on the level of "WELL IT RUNS FINE ON MY COMPUTER" when people make complaints of stability in a game, the AI sucks dog dick whether it bothers you personally or not.

What do you want the AI to do when you ping them on cameras, or set them on fire?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I think the problem is I asked that question and got 4 different answers, all of which is outside the scope of what this game is trying to be.

I also think if they could turn off your gun or eyeballs people would be bitching about that. A lot.

I also think people don't realize that you can just destroy a camera if a hacker is using it to hack you and disables the cool down, and that Hacker's hacks work the same way yours do, where you do not have to maintain line of sight to cast them.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

None of those are outside of the scope of what the game is trying to be though. One of the major ongoing themes of the game is that brain-hacking is dangerous and scary as poo poo but enemy hackers are the least dangerous thing in the game.

Making enemies extremely dangerous also pisses people off, look at how angry the marauders made everyone at Doom Eternal?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You know what I think would be cool in this RPG where I have to heavily dedicate my stats in order to be effective.

If people could just turn my build off. Like I do an extra 60% damage with rifles, what if I just couldn't use rifles anymore? That would make this combat fun and engaging.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You only put skills in one weapon if you want to be effective in this game, so yes it would suck rear end to use a weapon that does half the damage of the original one.

Like, in order to keep up with damage scaling, it expects you to specialize in a class of weapon, long rifles, shotguns, pistols or melee. If you don't fully invest in that, the enemies quickly out pace you, and it becomes a slog.

Forcing you to switch weapons in that system would be a disaster, and the whining would be even more intense, I'd rather ere on something being too easy than too hard.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

eke out posted:

yes, it would force you to put a second rifle in your loadout if you wanted to keep using rifles for that 10 second debuff, god forbid

How would switching rifles be engaging gameplay? If it did that people would be arguing that it's pointless busy work. Maybe we're playing the game differently, but I don't have 3 fully upgraded rifles all the time.

E: Pointless inventory busy work is not fun

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That sounds really lovely and unfun, I'm glad you guys do not design games.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Look at how well that worked out for Doom Eternal.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

... extremely well?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here but Doom Eternal was extremely popularly received. There were a small minority of people who didn't like the limited ammo but even most of those came around.

People hated the marauders though? It was like people's biggest gripe with the game, and anywhere you see a discussion about it you have a bunch of people kramering in to say the marauders sucked rear end because they forced you to change how you approached the game???

e: No-one but armchair game designers actually wants this, and it's a design choice whether or not to include unavoidable enemies that ask you to shake poo poo up. Assassin's Creed doesn't do it, Fallout: New Vegas doesn't do it, Baldur's Gate doesn't do it, I wonder what those games have in common?

Oh right, they have builds that are supposed to matter.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That is ridiculous revisionism, if you're not going to engage with reality, what's the point of arguing this at all?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgezzk/why-the-doom-eternal-marauder-sucks-so-bad
Definitely https://medium.com/@DocSeuss/i-had-a-problem-with-doom-and-doom-eternal-and-i-finally-think-i-can-put-it-into-words-c2288d7801c0
weren't https://www.thegamer.com/doom-eternal-ancient-gods-part-one-review/
a ton of people who hated the design of Doom, specifically the fact that their enemies were too hard.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

You're the one who is making arguments like "No game developer EVER puts more dangerous enemies that require priority" in or trying to pretend like Doom Eternal was hated or whatever.

I think you're putting words in my mouth because it's easier than accepting that your idea would not be appreciated by every player.

e: You're right the first 3 results on google when googling "Doom Eternal Marauders" is a bad idea, but I'm not going to go spelunking for the arbitrary amount of articles you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 14, 2020