Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Re: the major epilepsy trigger, if you'd like to see what they're talking about and just that, it's here at 1m29s. (Obviously, DO NOT CLICK IF EPILEPTIC) Keeping in mind that in the actual gameplay you'll be seeing that at 60FPS without youtube compression messing with it, I'd say yeah, pretty egregious.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TheRat posted:

I guess I'm just spoilt/lucky/ignorant of the issue but I would never have guessed that would be a major problem if people hadn't told me

My understanding is that the thing that makes it super bad is the way it ramps up through frequencies from slow to fast while flashing brightly, that means it gets the full gamut of frequency-based triggers instead of just having to get lucky and match someone's.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pyromancer posted:

If all it takes to trigger epilepsy is that second of flashing lights in the braindance sequence, I'm surprised how aren't epileptics in a permanent seizure the whole Christmas season.

The epilepsy danger zone is 5-70Hz (flashes per second), no Christmas lights are ever like that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vigil for Virgil posted:

I'm still trying to find a source that says there was no warning...the original article didn't mention if there was or wasn't one.

A simple rear end-covering warning screen wouldn't be enough. Keep in mind that many people don't know they have epilepsy, it's actively irresponsible to include a sequence in the game that (accidentally) is practically designed to trigger a broad range of epileptics. There's no reason to keep it and once they've been made aware of it it behoves them to remove it.

There's also a thousand other much less broad triggers in the game just from the general flashing and animations; That is the kind of stuff an epilepsy warning is meant to cover.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No, consoles don't publish AO, if I recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Geralt had way too much dynamic hair and having hairworks on could cause major performance issues. Modding it so that his hair wasn't dynamic but leaving all the other furry monsters with hairworks still on could fix it up and let you run just fine, and you barely noticed the difference - the best hairworks effects were the monster ones.