Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Wet Fifty posted:

https://i.imgur.com/RsEfi39.png The screen you get after trying to start the game after the PC preload. No spoilers.

So the GOG preload isn't encrypted? Let the datamining begin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, first someone has to develop a way to extract the data from the binary files, before CDP does, because...

code:
 4KARKM    00  CR2WM  M  q1PheT	  UK(  nCgamePointOfInterestMappinResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCUڑ#W3׶yD|#
@        >~:::> D6:>:>>2KARKI    0   CR2WI  I  	CC(aER  UK  Ik5gameLocationResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCz	W&׶y7|#3                >~:::>r D6:>:>>2KARKK    0(  CR2WK  K  EN%ʍn]  UK&  8gamePersistentStateDataResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PC#N!W1׶yB|#
>        >~:::>} D6:>:>>2KARK<    0  CR2W<  <  ?p)  UK  vgameAreaResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCR(EW"׶y3|#
/        >~:::>}D6:>:>>2KARK   SQCR2W              q;   )“UKu"gameDeviceResour cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC data handle:Dversion Uint32 CommunityProxyPS
Q W$׶y5|#AJ0F[dͨg{7/       	  
                 +'EEۼG%GE
A退
"'(  $
5(KARKe   CR2W   0	8/ e0w \֒Zd}UKϥ3f\physicsGeometryCache cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC sectories array:Key pe Uint8 ta [12]EnSy entrySiz32Offset alwaysLoaded Bounds Box Min V4 X Float Y Z W MaxDDB serializationDeferrDataBufferjqfW&׶y7|#CKTzm[up[dcvjyd76QŖeFrLyŀ Yѻx@
I can't understand poo poo.

CookingPlatform - the game will have a cooking minigame!

(It's just a word for gathering all the resources that goes into the game and packing them into single files)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I do find the Confirmed Bachelor perk a bit weird since it also increases your damage against men. The mixing of violence and sexual attraction in a single perk is a bit icky.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

The Last Call posted:

From CDPR:

It has come to our attention that, because of a mistake on our part, one of the in-game advertisements used in the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook and the under-development version of the game contains a character based on Mr. Izuagbe Ugonoh.

Immediately after learning about this fact, we removed the in-game advertisement from the game, as well as all future reprints of the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook. We also contacted Mr. Ugonohs management team so the situation can be fixed. At the same time, it is also important for us to publicly apologize to Mr. Ugonoh himself.

Please accept our apology although this situation is the result of our mistake, it should not have occurred in the first place.

I had to look up who this was, it said and I quote " Polish-Nigerian mixed martial artist and former professional boxer and kickboxer."

How utterly random is that.

Okay with the Polish connection not so much.

I assume someone just google image searched "boxer pics" and took a random one as a placeholder and it never got replaced, then ended up in the lorebook and game. Like that thing where an Assassin's Creed concept art picture ended up on the wall in the Uncharted 4 trailer

Anasurimbur posted:

This isn't particularly out there or new to video games and/or RPG feats / rules that exist. As an example, Fallout has a perk that allows for increased persuasion checks AND damage against the opposite sex.

That's a bit different though, since it doesn't imply any attraction on your part, just that you're good at convincing them.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Did a quick skim through the 3 hour leak and watched that scene with Stout interrogating you that was in the 48 minute preview, and a car explodes in the background without anyone reacting. Very GTA5.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Anasurimbur posted:

Sure it does. Fallout's head-canon would have it absolutely leading toward attraction toward the opposite sex, and ability to attract the opposite sex. The perk toward females in Fallout is a literal double entendre with "lady-killer" implying someone who is both incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex and someone who is, in Fallout perchance, more skilled at killing ladies.

Being incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex does not mean you are attracted to the opposite sex. I would have preferred the NV perks to be pure "additional dialog options and romances" and not the "extra damage" stuff.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Is it really weird to have hangups about something that mixes sexual attraction with violence?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
This game, even with the Day 1 Patch, will have more bugs than Elex. The fact that it's in the 90 range at all means the reviewers are being too kind.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

sean10mm posted:

I mean what score do you think New Vegas should have gotten?

Both games should have been given half a year more development time. Also from what I've seen, which sure, is mostly before the patches, seems to be ten times more buggy than New Vegas was.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

sean10mm posted:

This is viewing New Vegas with rose tinted glasses the thickness of cinder blocks lol

I assume you have watched some of the 2077 videos?

On to a completely unrelated matter - have any of you bought it on GOG via third party resellers? Did they already give out codes to you?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

watch this game get banned off Twitch because of too much NSFW content

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Starks posted:

Lol dildos! This is a joke that will surely stay funny for all 100 hours of gameplay

I assume the number of pocket pussies in the game will be zero, though. Which I guess means every man in the 2077 world is into rear end play.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Zaphod42 posted:

There's hookers on every street corner you can hire, I think its just that pocket pussies are too vastly inferior.

But why the dildos then? I assume gigolos then are equally plentiful.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Zikan posted:

interesting note about the big crowds everyone was excited about

It doesn't matter if they're cardboard props, their existence is to give the city the illusion of being a bustling metropolis. Of course when you look behind the curtain it's all smoke and mirrors. The issue is when the cardboard props are almost absent, like in the leaked console videos.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Lastdancer posted:

Between this and the reports of numerous burrito vending machines, I'm starting to seriously question if Mike Judge's Idiocracy was also an influence

This is also the same brand of soft drinks that had the ad that got the transgender community enraged. Even if this isn't a not-so-subtle message to them, it certainly will be taken as one.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
My only experience with DLSS was in Watch Dogs Legion, where it made brick walls shimmer in a really annoying way, line they had extra aliasing

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
The Yakuza games aren't that great when it comes to interactivity. There are like twenty or so stores, but like most open world games, the majority of the world is just a backdrop. They do have moderately large crowds and feel like a real busy place, though.

Mr. Pool posted:

This is Disco Elysium

Disco Elysium got like five stores, and is even smaller in scope.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 7, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its also uses side quests to expand the world and the characters and increase run time. you can mainline yakuza games pretty quick if you stick to it do nothing elese.

Oh, there won't be a lack of side quests in 2077.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I think The Elder Scrolls 3-5 comest closest to the "all buildings are enterable in an open world" idea. Of course, this leads to prefab houses where the only difference is the items placed inside, and a generally smaller scope, but it does a lot in terms of that "you can go anywhere" feeling.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

No Mods No Masters posted:

Any non b-roll footage of the game in the wild right now is from leaked console copies to my knowledge

Also, while it definitely sucks on base consoles, that is a loving Twitter video, which degrades quality to poop

Zaphod42 posted:

That or MMOs. Everquest, World of Warcraft, they tend to actually have all buildings or very close to it be enterable.

Course they're mostly the same 3 buildings copy and pasted over and over and over...

I was disappointed in GTA5 that it had fewer interiors than GTA4, but I don't need EVERY building to be enterable. Its a bit much to demand.

Yeah, the illusion is more important than if you actually can do it. I like that devs have started to use that Spider-man effect to make it look like every building has rooms behind their windows, which gives a lot more depth in the world.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 7, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Dilber posted:

GamersNexus isn't a hack though. They'll outright say if someone is pushing bullshit. It coming from him makes it fairly likely it's true.

The majority of this game's issues is completely unrelated to Denuvo. We've already seen that the consoles are buggy as hell too, with bad performance - PC will be no different.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Celexi posted:

can't someone just crack the pre-load and run it or does it not have the executables.

GOG version does not have the executables. Steam version is fully encrypted until release.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Deadreak posted:

Sorry to butt in a middle of deep discussion on politics in video games, but I have a question. Just preloaded on Steam, however there is no 41GB patch that peeps on GOG received, I assume Steam doesn't have that yet?

When did GOG get a patch?

edit: What I mean is, when I go into "Manage Installation", then "Configure" in GOG Galaxy, I see my game version is Build_3209660Change_4150348_Preload which is dated December 6. That seems like the first, and only, version of the game on GOG so far.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 8, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Deadreak posted:

Maybe I am mistaken? I saw some screenshots of people downloading some 41GB patch (it is not day one patch), maybe it is console only, not sure.

Pretty sure that's just the console disc version patch, which also is not the full Day 1 patch.

I said come in! posted:

If you are on GOG, you can actually start up Cyberpunk right now, but it tells you to come back on December 10th.

Yeah, but it's just a .NET executable that shows a picture, so no chance of tricking the system or anything.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 8, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Look we should all focus on the important things Finding and confirming ways to unlock the game early... and not actually having it succeed in the end.

Not that Im endorsing it, Im wondering if somebody got the exe from a press build and dropped in the GoG version if it would work, since I thought that GoG is everything except the EXE?

Oh the ways I try and kill time.

This is the exact scenario they prevented by adding Denuvo to the press builds of the game. Can't run the exe when it's not on the correct machine.

Woden posted:

69 if you're into women, 1 if you're into men.

6969 if you're into molded plastic

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Zaphod42 posted:

Its probably C++ and not .net at all, right?

Nah, the executable in the GOG preload is definitely .net - I dropped it into dotpeek but couldnt see anything but boilerplate code so I think it just displays that picture and nothing else. But Im no .net wizard soo

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
The preload contains the VC++ redistributables so pretty sure the actual game uses C++

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

smoobles posted:

can u gently caress Keanu in this game

(Actual spoiler, do not click)
you can gently caress as Keanu

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Jack Trades posted:

Does the game have an autistic character or did the autism representation in mainstream media get scuffed again? This is very important.

Did mainstream media ever have any good autism representation at all?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Communist Bear posted:

So can we unlock this tomorrow using special vpn time sorcery wizardly and becoming Kiwis?

Only on consoles. PC is the same moment everywhere.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Empress Brosephine posted:

Thanks for the info on the seizure stuff, guess I'll have to play at night

Wouldn't that make it even worse?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

grieving for Gandalf posted:

judy looks like the gay version of the replicant chick from blade runner. they were baiting clueless nerds all along and it should be illegal

do you mean misty? I don't remember any replicant chick that looks like judy

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
gonna get rage from both sides, because that's like saying "seee! we're not transphobic! flag! flag!"

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Ice Phisherman posted:

The narrative endboss being someone who you love desperately and they no longer love you back and they're leaving and there's nothing you can do that isn't desperate and futile. Also this is a dream and you're going to relive it over and over every night for a few decades in what are essentially PTSD nightmares about loss.

It's loving brutal, but also optional, thankfully. But holy poo poo does it feel like the emotional version of getting beaten up and then getting kicked by someone who knows where all your most tender spots are. Especially if you've gone through something like that before in the spoilers box.

I remember nothing about this from Disco Elysium.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Claes Oldenburger posted:

You have to go to sleep on the bed in the fort on the island near the end for it to trigger.

I think I did that. Guess it didn't hit the right notes for me. I found the stickbug lol to be much more emotional.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Anyone know when the streaming embargo is lifted?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

TheRat posted:

in roughly 29 hours

Nah, Cohh is streaming tomorrow, so I wonder if he's starting just as the embargo expires, or if there are other streamers that start before that

https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/1334228202399653901

edit: Found it, seems to be that time for everyone:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334199901593464832

ymgve fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 8, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

Cool, a cis guy telling a trans person what is and isn't trans

Lol great thread

Don't force a label on someone just because of the clothes they wear, k?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

"I like playing as a female because I want to be one"

If you're not female and you want to be, you literally are trans

"it would be fun to be girly and have cute hair and clothes and stuff sometimes" is not the same as "I want to be female"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

Sorry, I thought you were serious when you said you "want to be" female. If all you meant was that you want to look pretty, that's okay too! :)

Seemed pretty clear they meant they wanted to be it ingame