Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Am I crazy or did the Japanese bodyguard guy just take your side for absolutely no reason out of the blue. Everyone keeps talking like I watched something happen with him, but we shot our way out of a building, I got shot in the face, and now we're all of a sudden buddies?

The gently caress happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I made the leap but it still feels like there was a step missing in there somewhere. I just get the feeling that I'm missing cut scenes because people talking about conversations I skipped by attacking people and stuff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone else having trouble getting the game to remember your controller/graphics settings every time you start it back up?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I finally figured out why I was so lost with the Takemura stuff. Apparently there's a scene between him getting you from the junk yard and you waking up in the ripper chair. I never got to see the car chase stuff. No idea how I skipped it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rinkles posted:

lol, how?

No loving clue. It was early in the game and I wasn't super high or drunk when I was playing. It just never happened or if it did I totally blanked it. I was super confused that everyone was talking about kill bots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Put in for my refund. I'll just wait until I upgrade my graphics card to play this. On the PS4 Pro it's a godawful mess. What a shame.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just got to play this on my buddy's computer and I think I'm just gonna buy the PC version. It's like a totally different game on PC.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I might be in the extreme minority, but I like the driving in this game. They feel like actual cars. Everything is a lot easier to handle if you're not flooring the gas 100% of the time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Is there any game that's ever pulled off true branching paths and made it fun...besides quantum protocol or whatever. It feels like this extremely elusive thing that never gets made but people talk about with disappointment like the companies could easily have done it if they wanted. Personally I think branching paths are annoying, I don't like doing multiple playthroughs of a story driven game, it does nothing for me to see all the endings, but if the gameplay is fun then I might do that.

Alpha Protocol loving ruled. Witcher 2 had quite a few divergent storylines/quests.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I haven't beaten the game yet, but (Voodoo Boys spoilers)is there going to be more with the darknet/black wall type stuff moving forward? It's far and away the most interesting thing in the game so far and honestly the first thing since the prologue missions that has me a little invested. But I decided to kill all those loving assholes, so if that locks me out of more Net content I may back up a bit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Diogines posted:

That decision does not influence anything else.

:tipshat:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems like I'm done with all the main stuff and about to start the ending game and I have to say, Johnny is the weakest part of this game by a long shot and even though he's literally the ticking clock driving the plot I think the game would have been better without him.

Beginning spoilers:
Like, if it was Saburo that was trapped in your head and slowly through the game you started having fewer and fewer anti-corp decision options as he took more and more control it would have been more interesting.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 25, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where do you find the "Johnny" % complete that everyone keeps talking about? Which one at the top is it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I'm about to start the "Chippin' In" quest and then beat the game. Is all the Johnny characterization stuff gated behind those two things? Because they're basically the only things I have left besides a boxing match that I don't care about and a few side gigs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

A whales tail is when thong underwear is visible above low riding jeans. what is it called when you are apparently wearing a full one piece swimsuit under your outfit

"Romanceable character." Her half a racing jacket, leotard, rear end-harness design is there to say "flirt with me" to the gamer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Game really picked up at the end there. Feels like everything in between the intro missions and Chippin' In/the ending were just cobbled together. There was some really great parts and I wanna go through again to play as a totally different character. I still think Johnny was the weakest part of the story.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PerilPastry posted:

This is especially hilarious given how you are always given an opportunity to turn down a drink. It's the most consistent player choice in the game, and I, for one, am planning on a teetotaling corpo run after this

"To this!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Scores, even!

:lol: None of us score.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just started my shotgun rear end in a top hat play through. Figured "street kid" is the way to go with that. Nothing but shotguns and baseball bats. Saving my rocket arm demolition chick play through for a Nomad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did anyone else get a little scene playout where a couple of teenage girls take a selfie with you? I was playing while really high so maybe I imagined it? No one I've asked has seen anything like that. I think it was just outside Viktor's by the screaming crazy guy that is probably giving DLC spoilers or something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

......that, that makes way more sense. Was wondering why someone would take a picture with a run of the mill fallen Corpo burnout just trying to shoot guns better.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If it's just dyes for clothes and paints for cars, I'd be perfectly happy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Section Z posted:

Like sure, shooting through walls as a common weapon type is pretty up there. But I've seen people complain fruit that makes you vomit blood is overpowered "Because it grows on trees!" while standing next to a trek style replicator and a tube that respawns livestock, so there seems to be something that drives people crazy about things that reduce Clicks Per Result in single player games regardless of effectiveness.

John Titor here giving us glimpses of patch 1.15.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I can't understand how people think the Johnny Silverhand stuff wasn't always going to be the biggest part of the story. It was always going to be front and centre regardless of Keanu or not. The dude is iconic in the lore.

I figured he'd be a big part of the game, wasn't expecting him to be the most boring part though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You all would have been killed by NetWatch or VDB even if it was successful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, (early game spoilers) Delamain brings Jackie's body back to his mother if you just tell him to wait for you. That's kinda neat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All of those beginnings/backstories sound a lot better than what we got. I wish more of the missions had been like The Pickup. It just seems so much more fleshed out than the rest of the game.

Wish we got to work more as a merc before getting turbo hosed too. The entire Dex thing felt way more like what I was hoping the game would be.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The $21k was from an the other upgrades he'd been giving you for free (during the montage I'm assuming). The eyes aren't $21k on their own.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I didn't do any romances my first time through because I don't think the story really needs to have one. I know jamming "relationships" into games has been a thing for a long time, but the story they were telling just didn't seem like one would be appropriate. You've got a time bomb in your head and you're trying to fix it. It's like when Arnold Schwarzenegger had to tell the studio "No, that doesn't make sense" when they wanted his character to have a sex scene in Commando.

Second play through I guess I'll romance Kerry and Panam just to see the plots, but something about romancing Judy just seems....wrong. Ex she was planning on running away with just offed herself and now we're swooping in to basically do the same thing a few months down the line? Judy deserves better than you monsters. :mad:

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 31, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

scuz posted:

As a touring musician who has been pining for live shows since COVID hit, the "A Like Supreme" mission reminded me that rocking out on a stage in a divey bar with your old pals sure loving rules. 10/10, best game ever.

I think if you didn't make your character headbang and bounce around the stage during that mission then you're a more soulless monster than Alt.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You know, I think the worst thing about this game was making me realize I kinda like Grimes' music.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sachant posted:

V isn't really that savvy or competent at this point, and Dex is pretty washed up. The heist in general is a comedy of errors that makes everyone look like an amateur and it's remarkable it didn't go even worse.

Act 1 spoilers: It worked perfectly until an unscheduled regicide. The real comedy of errors would have been when the VDB or Netwatch zero'd everyone once they knew where the relic was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Even funnier that using a ladder and door to get in didn't even cross their minds.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If you finish Queen of the Road or whatever the final Panam mission is called you missed the chance for it yeah.

I feel like I was out there grabbing the batmobile when I got the funeral text and even driving straight there didn't trigger it for me.

edit:
That was also on the console where I somehow missed the entire Takemura/Terminator fight sequence, so who knows.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

whowhatwhere posted:

Wait what? That....did not happen to me and now I'm a bit disappointed.

Games>Cyberpunk 2077 - That...did not happen to me and now I'm a bit disappointed

Make it happen mods.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kraftwerk posted:

I like this game too much. I started my second playthrough as a male corpo V who just mercilessly destroys everyone with shotguns and gorilla fists and it’s amazing. I’m redoing all the gigs and having a blast as if it was my first time doing it all over again. I’ve never had a game keep me this entertained that I could replay it immediately after I beat it instead of moving on and forgetting about it.

CP2077 might well be the game of the decade for me.

Same for me. I have my gripes with some of the story choices and a bunch of the gameplay elements, but I've never had a problem ignoring broken systems in games so long as I like the way they play. I wish there had been more game before The Heist (mostly because I was kinda hoping for a smaller scale story that let the city/universe be the star and you're just kinda along for the ride), but I liked what we got. I'm sure in a year or so once all the DLC and fixes are in place we'll have forgotten about a lot of the broken poo poo we've been dealing with.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just found out if you double tap the radio button you can skip to the next channel just by hitting the radio button again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Horses are dangerous animals and falling off them has killed a lot of people. To this day more people are killed by a single horse each year than all the shark attacks in the world combined.

Why haven't they stopped that horse yet?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sachant posted:

I don't know how they would epilogue that though. They very intentionally avoid exploring what happens to whoever goes with Alt into cyberspace because that's freaky space magic territory and the more they show it the less scary/mystical it would be. It's necessarily abstract in an effort to keep it alien and inhuman.

Could just show a news report about Arasaka being hosed and how NC is dealing with the aftermath (like updates on gangs and what not) and then have the same voicemails as if you commited suicide because to the outside that's basically what it would have looked like.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm really disappointed in the monowire. Guess I'll go back to gunning people down. Really thought they'd have stealth kills and stuff since they're spec'd for Cool.

Speaking of, are there any "cool" checks at all in the game? Really seems like a bunch of speech and world prompts are gated behind tech and body, but hardly anything pops up for Intelligence, Cool, or Reflex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought it was the little snowflake symbol by your healthbar. Is that not it?