Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Jeff Fatwood posted:

did anyone say Cyberjank 2077 yet?

im partial to cybershit 2077

edit: cyberbunk 2077

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

isnt that buried beneath pages and pages of legal poo poo that no one reads in the TOS

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

rap music posted:

which console do you play on lmao

the ps5 is more capable than 90% of gaming pcs tho

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

pmchem posted:

1440p supposedly-official-nvidia leaked benchmarks from the GPU thread

This seems more tolerable, it'll probably be possible to do 1440p ultra rt with performance dlss + high settings on a 3070 and get somethingclose to a steady 60. I hope.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
It'll be interesting to see how the new Radeon 6800-series cards eventually handle ray tracing given that DLSS is out of the question.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Got to play for a bit before heading to work this morning (decided to go with a stealthy corpo hacker because I'm boring and unoriginal). The DLSS implementation doesn't seem to be very good, at least on settings other than Quality; everything looked smeared and blurry as gently caress on balanced. Performance seemed all over the place on a 3070 with DLSS-Q + Ultra RT @ 1440p, but I'd wager its mostly my 2600x showing its age.

Is it just me or is the male V voice actor annoying as hell? I started as a male but quickly switched to female because I couldn't stand the way he delivered his lines.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

DLSS is apparently implemented pretty poorly and everyone is saying it makes the game blurrier, so I'd just turn it off entirely. Which may also necessitate turning off ray tracing, sadly.

Quality mode is fine imo, it's still blurrier than native image quality but it does its job. Hopefully the implementation gets better in the future, tho.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot I took with Ultra RT + Quality DLSS @ 1440p:

Overall, the clarity is fine in regular gameplay but fine details like hair get blurry close up.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 10, 2020

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Is this game heavily CPU bound or what, I'm getting some terrible framedrops to below 30 on a 2600x + 3070-combo with RT Ultra + DLSS @ 1440p.

Goddamn it, just release the BIOS upgrade so I can buy a 5600x already MSI :mad:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Holy moly, thanks to whoever suggested the DDU clean + driver reinstall! Framerates seem way more stable now even with RT on, driving in the city is smooth and while I'm still getting some drops to mid 30s the game seems generally smoother.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

queeb posted:

was this posted yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kbsywg/cyberpunk_2077_used_an_intel_c_compiler_which/

hexediting the exe can gain you a gently caress ton of fps on an AMD cpu.

im going to try now.

this game is pretty loving wild

Speaking of perfomance issues, does this game have a memory leak or something? Sometimes my performance keeps dropping by something like a half and when I restart, the same save game now runs smooth as hell

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

d0grent posted:

the post was deleted, what was the method?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Where the hell do I buy a new cyberdeck? I've checked out a couple netrunning vendors but all they seem to have are quickhacks

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
The sidequest involving the monk who was mutilated by a bunch of maelstroms got me good. I just felt a sort of visceral disgust at what happened to him :(.

Hopefully there's more of those kinds of quests to find and not just generic gigs.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

I ran over some street punks and one was left contorted on the ground but alive, and he couldn't get up..I literally crippled him but he was still threatening me.

the cyberpunk version of that "i told u i was hardcore"-poster

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I just shoehorned this on my wife's old asus gaming laptop with a gtx 660m :classiclol: frames suck, but it looks a million times better than my xbone s does.

Your laptop is going to catch on fire.

After all the perfomance tweaks/hex editing I've gotten the game to run fairly smoothly (40-60fps) at 1440p with RT and DLSS at ultra. It seems that the biggest hurdle for my CPU (2600x) was the crowd density setting, putting it on medium seemed to even out the framerate quite a bit.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 16, 2020

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Is there any wildlife at all in the game? I saw a single cat and some cockroaches at one point but other than that I can't think of other animals (birds, rats, etc) that I remember seeing.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Most animals are extinct in the wild at this point.

Ah, figures. IMO some animals would go a long way to make the world feel a bit more lived-in.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Has anyone else been getting these weird lights on the right side of their screen after the latest Nvidia driver update with RT on? They usually disappear when I move the camera so it's not a big deal, but weird nonetheless.

The main story quests in this game are really loving good when they don't bug out, just finished the one where you kidnap Helman from the AV with Panam. Rad as hell and a nice chat with Johnny afterwards to boot.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 17, 2020

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I found an NPC that looks like he escaped from a Bioware game:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

The fashion in this game is :kiss:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
gently caress, got a call from Judy and Evelyn killed herself :( . That scene was so well done and acted, not to mention heart wrenching when you find out what actually happened between Evelyn and Woodman. That loving creepo is dead :mad:

I think it was Eurogamer who said something to the extent that underneath all the bombast, CP2077 had a very human heart and boy, they weren't kidding. I'm really digging the characters and writing so far.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Should Judy's romance quest start soon after the mission where you take over Clouds? I killed the Tiger Claw bosses and spared Maiko so I should be good but the quest hasn't triggered even though I've done a bunch of content afterwards.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

ughhhh posted:

Also just started noticing that an entire layer of audio seems missing. You can hear a background crowd audio/random dialouge and some radio or TV, even a cook cooking nearby, but the fan spinning nearby? NPC walking on puddls? water dripping from the awning? Doesnt exist. But you step on a cardboard box or a bottle, then that audio overwhelms everything else.

I noticed the exact same thing! It suddenly just hit me that it's just too quiet most of the time in Night City: there's barely any ambient city noise as you said.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

I hope they fix the hosed up RT lighting inside cars, been getting crazy eyes throughout the game.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

sliami posted:

wish you could have romanced takemura and smasher. not even into them, just for the culture . i feel like all the controversy (the mix it up thing kicked it off) really chased away the "videogames as kissing barbies" demo too. think of the gay fanart we could've had. rip

what's really super funny to me is how the panam hetero-man-ce is the most fleshed out with like the happiest ending, and just how laser focused judy and rivers' routes are on their demos.
a true crime adventure with a beefy strong sensitive type (plus a family!) for the mlw, a story about economic inequality/emotional turmoil/sexist exploitation for the wlw (with a tattooed, geeky, colored undercut-having love interest!) lesser extent is mlm interest kerry's whole art obsession+plus being threatened by the younger/cooler us cracks.
like i think they're all super likeable, well-written and well-portrayed and i don't mind sad or loose ends. but thinking about their whole Deals for even a few seconds it's like hilarious how obvious it is. it's really smart too, especially for a game that's casting this wide a net.

and finally lmao at all the romantic speculation on grimes' oc. googled her and "Lizzy Wizzy Romance" immediately came up... Like grimes would ever. Ntm musk being in this too. The synergy of it all.

sorry about all the... Stuff... wrt launch comte. i hope things work out ❤️

Oh, Grimes was Lizzy Wizzy? That explains the weirdly bad voice acting in a game with an otherwise universally good voice cast.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I replaced my old 2600x with a 5600x and jfc, it's like an entirely new game! So goddamn smooooooth (most of the time) :pcgaming:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
1.1 def seems to run noticeably smoother on my rig (5600x + 3070) @ 1440p, RTX ultra and DLSS Automatic. For some reason, takedown animations seem to be bugging out a lot with V's hands clipping through people when you grab them.

Also, is it just me or does the city seem more populated? I thought there were way more cars and people around after the latest patch. Might be placebo tho.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
How's RT performance on the new AMD cards?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

mod that makes hacking a little bit more involved and like the 2018 gameplay https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2302 the dev found little bits of systems that half work that imply that they probably had to hastily cut down on this like everything else

This game is going to own in five years once modders manage to put together Kotor 2/VTMB style patches that restore cut content.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Weren't they supposed to have improved NPC randomization?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Qmass posted:

yeah, nah, yeah... cunts hosed, mate.

that sucks... drat

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
On a more positive note, the game seems to run a whole lot better than when I last tried it back in March. Back then, I kept gettin a bug where my fps would tank randomly to mid 40s and would only come back if I rebooted. Now the performance is more in line with what I'd expect on a 5600x + 3070.

Too bad about the actual game content, though.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

hell yeah 1.5 rules

Keeps crashing when I try to launch it from the launcher lmao

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

Your patch hosed your patch. It happened to me on 1.1 ir whatever. Check files integrity on steam

It was the first thing I tried and didn't work. Plus it's a fresh install, anyway.

What did work, however, was ending every Nahimic process in task manager. After that the game booted up just fine.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I completely forgot how ridiculously pretty the game is goddamn

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Dang, I'm still getting the weird bug where FPS plummets from a solid 60+ down to the low 40s. It's not that big a deal as reloading immediatly fixes it but still kinda annoying.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Overdrive looks insanely good on an OLED @ 4K :pcgaming:.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Did they do something to night time lighting or is my game bugged because it never really gets dark, it just gets stuck in this weird perpetual dusk until mornings. Kinda takes the edge off all the cool new lighting in Dogtown :(

Running PT + RR + + DLSS/FG + HDR if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Boo, crashed after 15 minutes on the new patch while 2.0 was solid as a rock :mad: