Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

pmchem posted:

Are there any actual in-game pre-order exclusive bonuses for CP2077? at https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077 the only "pre-order" bonus is a discount for buying real life merch. the other bonuses, including in-game content, are not explicitly limited to pre-orders.

Your understanding is correct, as far as I could tell the merch coupon is the only tangible benefit anywhere. Perhaps you could also stretch it to include the amazon 10bux preorder discount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Multiple reviews, positive and negative, have stated that the Cyberpunk aspect of the game is just an aesthetic, and that the narrative does not explore any deep or interesting questions. It's a crime/heist narrative with a cyberpunk window dressing. There were about 3 separate reviews that actually said Deus Ex did a better job exploring post-human themes which is a bit disappointing.

I read several reviews that made this sort of point even while also saying there were too many things going on in terms of characters/organizations/background text and they just started tuning it out. Basically I don't trust like that

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I never thought I would see someone call rich evans a good critic in this of all threads. Forums are loving wild

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Starks posted:

Wait a minute so no one has reviewed this game for consoles? Or am I misunderstanding that SkillUp tweet?

Correct as far as I know. All extant reviews are for PC.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

rabidcowfromhell posted:

You're surprised goons like a guy who is unbearably smug about every single opinion he has?

I just feel like even rich evans fans wouldn't usually cite the quality of his criticism, much less ITT of all places. Truly the forums are the font of surprises

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm going to play the video game Cyberpunk 2077 when it launches on Thursday, December 10th, 2020. The game will be good, or bad, or maybe somewhere in the middle. I'd like for it to be good, but you never know in a world as crazy as this one, ha-ha.

For me, it launches on Wednesday, December 9. I'm sorry that you have to be owned like this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Passing a law that only disco elysium likers and outer worlds dislikers are allowed to review RPGs from now on

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What are some RPGs the girth man has liked

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

I pass the cut yay!

I liked Disco Elysium a lot but I have to confess, I didn't totally love it like other people

Honestly, being anti outer worlds is probably the more important of the two. I can understand people bouncing off of DE to varying extents due to style/tone/theme but outer worlds is the undisputed funko pop of RPGs

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Disliking eurojank is at least as much of a sign of sickness of the soul as liking outer worlds

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Endorph posted:

the guy you've been posting about didnt even like outer worlds by the end of playing it, he just had a positive impression in the first couple hours

No, I understand he actually doesn't seem to like any RPGs. I just went on a side track thinking about the outer worlds because I dislike it OP

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Who's GMing the thread cyberpunk red campaign

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's still a spark of hope for obsidian to me with the unannounced rope kid game. But their skyrim has a lot of convincing to do if it's from the outer worlds team as speculated, to put it lightly

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Shammypants posted:

So one criticism was cool stuff (NPCs, street food vendors etc.) are all decorations and you can't interact with them meaningfully. I don't have a problem with that personally, but is anyone going to make (or making) a game that does things a little different? Like a much smaller map but almost everything can be interacted with? Every restaurant can be patronized.. movie theater watched.. street vendor talked to? Not every game needs to be super huge and expansive right? Maybe the super fast SSD approach of PS5 is the future, where you quickly go through a toll and that is the brief loading screen into a new area of full interactivity?

I mean I think the closest thing extant in AAA is the yakuza ethos as said, though of course it's still far from what you're describing. The reality is putting that feature over everything else in a real project would make a really lovely game in terms of fun to effort expended and it would inevtiably be pared back (unless it's star citizen)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I doubt it made sense to implement it well considering it was solely to keep reviewers from leaking the game. Sucks but it's reality

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hahaha no loving way, that’s gotta be a pc running everything on low right?

Any non b-roll footage of the game in the wild right now is from leaked console copies to my knowledge

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For every punk you refuse to cyber, I'll cyber 5 ;-*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ymgve posted:

The majority of this game's issues is completely unrelated to Denuvo. We've already seen that the consoles are buggy as hell too, with bad performance - PC will be no different.

It could certainly be relevant to the frames you get with a given rig, which was the origin of the convo. Johnny tposing through the roof of your car, yeah no

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

if you're gonna spend all that money, why not just get a 5?

the difference in price can't be that extreme

I'm going to just get a PS5 right after I just get a 30series card. Just head on over to amazon or the local shop and pick em up

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Livid imagining the blessed cyberpunk being loaded into the wrong type of RAM

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Celexi posted:

can't someone just crack the pre-load and run it or does it not have the executables.

It's been encrypted OP :eng101:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

drat we still have 48 hours to go and the meltdowns are already nice. It's only going to get better from here

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

PerilPastry posted:

I seem to remember verticality being touted as a big selling point in early presentations of the game. Do any of the reviews touch on this?

I was just watching part of this review where it gets talked about in some detail. Essentially she says the city is so vertical it causes problems with the limited map/minimap navigation sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KFNfbD6fQ

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Dating spoilers Sounds like you might have to be a street kid to romance judy. P persuasive for street kid if true

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 8, 2020

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is a 2070 super a good card? I think that's what I have I kinda forgot. I think it was the best within my budget about 6 months ago..

Plenty for 1080, somewhat on the borderline for 1440, not so hot for 4k, I personally expect low ray tracing if at all. (I have one as well, I hope I'm underestimating :))

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah I'm playing 1080 60fps max. I mean I'll gently caress around with ray tracing and see what I can but it's not the end of the world if it's too demanding.

Yeah I think you'll be fine. I'm targeting 1440 so I'm a little nervous about if I'll be able to hit everything I want, but I'm not married to ray tracing either which should hopefully help.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I liked the review of the spanish cyberpunk lore lady whose main criticism was the lack of male prostitutes and dicks in general. #relatable

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

No review has mentioned this but the real deets I want is to know if there are any weapons as satisfying to use as the ballistic fist in New Vegas

Arm blades are cool but a punch that has the impact of a shotgun on a man's head is extremely my poo poo

Reviewers seem pretty down on the melee in general. It seems bethesda melee esque though so not impossible to hope for similar done well

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Breaking news: my friend says he is going to make a new avatar for me of johnny silverhand in the johnny fiveaces pencil art style, but it probably won't be ready until after launch :argh:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jeff G. should have taken his chance at fame by being the man who plays mario party while making unhappy faces. But he denied that future, and now he has to live in the wreckage

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Its probably C++ and not .net at all, right?

It asked me to install some .net prereq trash I somehow didn't have when I ran it, so at the least I understand where people are making the leap from

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can't believe hitting on the secretary gets you -1 Johnny Point

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Known info about romances spoiler so you don't have to go googling on terrible clickbait sites like I did The only two confirmed romances are judy and the miltech chick from the 48 minute demo. There is some conflicting info about judy, but possibly she will only date you if you are a woman and a street kid. People seem more confident miltech chick requires you to be a corpo man. This info seems highly likely to be incomplete at best and actively bad at worst but cheers to you

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don’t like that the game has crafting in it. Get it outta here. Well, thanks for reading my controversial view

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

tproc posted:

I would just like a review that tells me something I didn't already know. Any review. Maybe one that actually talks about the quality of the videogame and doesn't just tell us that it's buggy and then list off the same set of features that the game advertises in its promotional material.

Watch this one for the extensive discussion of male prostitute scarcity in night city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KFNfbD6fQ

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Another thing about that review is I think it's also interesting to get a perspective from someone (very) knowledgeable about the tabletop and the setting versus normal journos who have zero. Her enthusiasm about it is pretty infectious, gonna try to get some more lore before launch

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I have an incredibly strong memory of reading the wonderful reflection on DE in this guy's list here and realizing just how doomed 95% of enthusiast press reviews of that game, and sufficiently good RPGS in general, are

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CDPR will make things right and restore the dicks. I believe in them

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Will someone in ITT post when the nVidia Game Ready Drivers™ everyone should get are released. Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

cant just grind out somewhere? seems weird that it wouldnt be an option

I did listen to a review discussion thing that mentioned there were a type of gang takedown events that just respawn infinitely on the map, so yeah I don't think you can run out of ways to farm money per se