Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Ok, I (very mild, super early game stuff) cleaned the militech datashard I got from the Corpo to pay for the flathead, but I decided to take the bot by force and keep the money. The shard is still in the shard section of my journal. How do I redeem it for cash? Gotta pay back the ripper doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

How do I look at shards if I loot them and then dont hold Z to read them immediately?

Start menu, journal, shards.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The Portal reference on the Delamain missions definitely got a chuckle out of me, even though it's REALLY on the nose. I even said out loud "Is that GladOS?" right before the car made a cake reference.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I did have an interesting "random" encounter with criminals murdering an unarmed dude.

Turns out they wanted to kill him because he was a crooked ripperdoc stealing implants/organs out of their friends or some sick poo poo like that.

:yikes:

I had a similar encounter with a power plant owner openly threatening a journalist for asking questions about how his employees are getting sick. I killed him right there with a sword in front of three police officers. I got one star and they started shooting at me, but I just ran away and they didn't even bother to chase after me. I guess they thought he was a douchebag too.

Having fun so far, but it's pretty obvious that CDPR's mentality going in to making this game was "what if GTA, but also Deus Ex". That's fine, but it's clearly less of a reinventing of the action/adventure genre and more of a Frankenstein monster of all it's best parts.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

stephenthinkpad posted:

So in 2077 everybody is a chain smoker, and bsrely anybody vapes. I would have thought by 2077, you can vape from every hole already.

The tobacco industry probably had them outlawed so they can get everyone addicted to that sweet, sweet tar.

That or everyone is actually smoking reefer.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Well, I just accidentally experienced my first sex scene in Cyberpunk and it was with Meridith Stout of all people, who I wasn't anticipating, but I got a dildo sword at the end of it so that's cool.

Just when this game starts to lose me with it's bugs and clunky driving controls it reels me back in.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

This legendary Ashura rifle alone makes taking points in crafting worth it. I barely have to aim and it gives me free headshots. Smart weapons are a blast to use.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

AHH F/UGH posted:

I hate this, get owned so called "gamers"

but at the same time I can't deny it

I'm almost inclinded to unironically agree. Make no mistake, older-gen console owners are in the right to be upset. That poo poo is an unplayable mess. However, some of my favorite games of all time we're in bad shape at release. I remember playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl v1.0 on release and that poo poo made Cyberpunk look like one of those old Volvo's that can go 300k miles before breaking down. However, after more than a decade of patches and mods, it's now one of my favorite game series of all time. Sometimes a game needs time to work out all the bugs after release. It's not the most ideal way of doing it but being busted on release shouldn't mean the demise of an entire company. It'll be a harsh lesson for CDPR, I'm sure, but I'm certain they'll pull through in the long run.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Does that perk that makes you immune to shock damage not work? Because I'm getting absolutely destroyed everytime someone hits me with shock damage.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

There's a Better Vehicle Handling mod on Nexus and so far it seems to be working very well. It doesn't make the vehicles GTA5 good, but at least my cars don't spin out whenever I entertain the idea of braking or turning. I'm just happy I can drive my Turbo-R V-Tech without being afraid of smacking in to something whenever I want to make a U-turn. Some of the hypercars like the Caliburn are still a pain to drive, what with their braking distance of 500 feet, but everything else feels noticeably better. Link below for anyone who hasn't tried it yet. I'm almost compelled to request to have it added to the OP, but it's currently in version 0.3 so use at your own risk.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/210

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The fist fight missions in this game are horrible loving goddamn trash. Technical issues notwithstanding, they might be the worst part of the game. I'm at 20 body with plenty of blunt weapon perks and it still doesn't matter. It takes ten minutes to just whittle down an opponent's health, but if they get one good combo on you, even if you're blocking, that's all your health. I was fighting Ozob and got him down to about 40% and, out of nowhere, he pulls a combo that just ignores my defenses and that's the end of the fight. They're like Dark Souls boss fights, but without any of the fun. I remember there were fist fight missions in Witcher 3 and they too were a slog. I don't know who it is at CDPR who thinks that what players want in their games are drawn out fist fight missions with clunky controls, but they need to just stop.

Enjoying everything else though, but I'm not touching another fist fight mission again. They are nothing but a chore.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The Walrus posted:

I thought the Witcher 3 ones were generally pretty easy but I'm with you on them in this game

You're right. The Witcher 3 fights were preschool easy, but there were a lot of them and they were scattered all over the game world so you had to do a lot of traveling to complete them. At least the fist fight missions in Witcher 3 ended with a pretty cool mission. I don't care what's at the end of the fist fight missions in CP2077 though. It's not worth the headache.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Well, after 90+ hours my first playthrough of CP2077 has come to an end and I confidently say that it was a fun game. I would say that I at least had as much fun playing it as I did playing Spider-Man. This isn't to say that it's as well made as Spider-Man, it definitely has its fair share of technical problems and I had a couple of side missions broke for me because I couldn't get NPCs to get their rear end in gear and respond to me, but I was able to fix that with some quick saving and loading back in. Also, no crashes, which I was delighted to see. I went with a Nomad playthrough going for a more straightforward combat build and it turned out to be pretty OP. Crafting gets hilariously broken at a certain point, not just because you can make all of the best gear but because you always have access to a seemingly unlimited supply of ammo and grenades everywhere you go. Also, and I don't know if this was intentional, but my Armadillo mods were outputting something like at least 150 armor each. I was able to pretty much fill all my mods slots with Armadillo mods and more or less tank through the Adam Smasher fight. I remember Witcher 3 being like that, allowing the player to be game-breakingly OP at the end of the game, but that was mostly a reward for having gone out of your way to do most of the side quests and carefully spec your character a certain way so I'm cool with it.

For the ending I decided to team up with the Aldecaldos and fight my way to Mikoshi. I felt like I could trust them more than Johnny, who I correctly suspected was hiding something from me, and as far as Arasaka is concerned, well, you'd have to be a fool to trust a corpo. I also decided not to go with Alt to the Blackwall and I'm glad I didn't. I felt like I got a satisfactory ending from the game for a first playthrough. After all the crap you had to go through in the game, I'd say my V earned his happy ending.

I'm already thinking about how I'd go about my next playthrough, most likely a hacking/stealth build, but I think I'll wait until the Jan/Feb patches before doing that. I had fun playing the game, but watching my FPS drop as many as 15-20 frames while driving through the denser parts of the map was frustrating and I'd like to see if they can improve that in future patches before diving back in. I would say that I got my money's worth with this game all things considered. :)

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

What is Johnny hiding from you at that point?

He knew that Mikoshi wouldn't be able to cure V at all. He was pretty much using V to release all the souls taken by Soulkiller (and to gently caress over Arasaka). At least that's the impression I got from it. I might have overlooked something.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

he doesn't know in the endings you play as him he's upset and still demands v take their body back.

Ah. That adds up. All the same I still trusted the nomads more and since I was playing as a nomad myself it made sense in the end that I sided with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I know I must be only a handful of weirdos who use it, but I'm glad they fixed the charged jump. I knew I wasn't crazy when I went back to play after patch 1.3 and it felt like they neutered it.