Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

black.lion posted:

PC preload is up? Just on GOG I guess, Steam coming later today?

Why tf am I even hype about the preload.... release is going to make my heart explode...

Steam preload is supposedly in about 3.5 hours. I need to get started on preloading right when it becomes available for a chance of playing the game on release day provided any release day patch isn't too big since my internet is so slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

black.lion posted:

I sure wish I had a good way to hook my upstairs PC to my downstairs television so I could play on controller from the couch and my wife could share the joy of this hype monster

Wireless DisplayPort when?!

My wife doesn't play games, but some of these real cinematic ones she likes to watch. I use a steam link to play games on the TV from the opposite side of the house. I've got a Nvidia Shield now and I think it can stream games as well, but I've never tried it. I might play around and see if I can get that working for this game instead of the steam link.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

black.lion posted:

Boooo my Samsung tv is too old for Steam Link BOOOOOOOOO

Is there another good way to stream games to a tv without tons of lag or should I just give up?

Are you trying to use the steam link hardware or the Samsung steam link app? The hardware should just plug into the tv with an HDMI cable and connect to your router and controller/kb+m. It shouldn't matter how old the tv is in that case as long as it has an hdmi input.

If you're using the app, then I have no idea. That is uncharted waters for me.

I checked and my nvidia shield does let me stream games with the GeForce experience software. I figure I'll try to get that up and going tomorrow.

Lowen SoDium posted:

If you have a laptop or a raspberry pi 3 or newer, you can stream from your desktop to them. Steam can stream to other PC's with steam installed, or to the Steam Link app. You can probably do it with an Android phone, if your phone supports HDMI out from it's USB interface.

That is pretty clever. I never thought about using a raspberry pi for streaming games even though I've got a couple sitting around.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

sean10mm posted:

To get a 10/10 from me CP2077 will have to provoke a meltdown from somebody who accidentally picks a gay option thinking it was a totally super manly straight option instead.

Fallout New Vegas set a high bar.

This reminded me of a review from last month:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dear-cd-projekt-red-sorry-i-made-you-watch-a-cyberpunk-2077-sex-scene-with-me/1100-6484602/ posted:

Posing as a customer to get inside and find some information, I signed up. After I chose a safe word (uh-oh), the system picked a male and a female doll for me, Angel and Skye, and showed portraits of each. When the clerk asked which I would like, I immediately forgot which name applied to which person. I picked Angel and found myself in a small room and a pink-haired man who invited me to sit on the bed.

I feel like this game is going to get anti-trans people raging more. At some point one of these assholes is going to find themselves attracted an NPC then find out that NPC has a dick and they are going to flip their poo poo.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Steam was giving me an error when attempting to preload. It was telling me that the install path (that I use for all my steam games) was invalid. Restarting Steam in admin mode then starting the download fixed that issue for me. Figured I share in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

I think there is respeccing. There was too in TW3, once you reached Novigrad.

Respeccing:
Someone way back in the thread said they saw that respeccing was possible during a leaked gameplay video.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Artelier posted:

Assuming all other factors (basically regional pricing) is the same, the best way to buy this is through GoG correct? There's no real price difference between Steam and GoG for me.

Also, while I am only just now reading the thread, I very much appreciate the warnings about epilepsy inducing events in the game. Managed to warn some of my friends who are more susceptible to them.

Going with GOG gives the devs the money instead of giving Steam a hefty cut.

Eraflure posted:

Can I replace my dick with a thermal katana, both IG and IRL

In game you might have to wait for a mod, but in real life the sky is the limit.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Twerkdad posted:

If you're getting poo poo Steam download speeds, change your download server in Settings > Download.

I went from under 1MB/s to 62MB/s switching to Iceland

Great protip. Got me back up to speed.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Spent the afternoon playing the game with my wife. She doesn't really do video games at all, but she was interested in trying it out. It was very slow going and she is really just all in or all off with the control sticks and triggers. I'm working on teaching her that there is a middle ground, but in the mean time we just dropped controller sensitivity to 3 and it just takes a solid minute to do a 360 degree turn.

We didn't get very far, but the game ran perfectly on my 2080Ti with my AMD 2950X, 64GB Ram, and NVMe SSD streamed to my living room tv via a nvidia shield. Didn't see any weird graphical glitches or bugs and FPS never dropped. We were playing in 4k with RT enabled, but the HUD was too small on the TV so we ended up going down to 2k about halfway through and it scaled better.

My wife decided to go to bed early so now I'm going to take the game for a quick spin on my PC with keyboard and mouse.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

queeb posted:

man its so weird, im getting 0 performance changes with dlss on or off.

You are using a nvidia card and have the latest drivers installed, right?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Fat_Cow posted:

So are Cyberdecks not sold at the Netrunner place? Is there a seperate store or does the woman who sold me Ping for free not have them?

They are sold as implants so go to a ripperdoc.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Razakai posted:

So does going heavily into int/hacking let you play a Cyber Wizard in combat with quickhack stuff?

Pretty much. I'm doing that with my current playthrough as a corpo hacker with a knife on hard difficulty. Early game my quickhacks don't do a lot of damage and the RAM (mana pool essentially) takes a while to regen in combat so I haven't been getting a lot of kills with it. Instead I use it to soften or disable a target while I'm stabbing someone else in the face with a knife.

With the perks, new decks and higher quality quickhacks, the damage seems to increase substantially. You can also do fun things like set off grenades on people's belts and poo poo.

However, it doesn't seem like it works on everyone so you need to have a backup plan if they aren't enhanced or connected to the net.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

D-Pad posted:

How do bounties work? I see gang members that say they have a wanted level but when I kill them I get no money. I thought the tutorial said you can capture or kill? What is the SC stand for in the reward listing?

SC is street cred. You don't get your exp, street cred or money until after combat is over. Killing or incapacitating them is all it takes to earn it. You can even incapacitate someone and then kill them to double dip.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

I'm getting a full crash every 1-2 hours on PS5 I need to stop. If anyone is curious though the Cyberdeck/quickhack stuff is basically magic and you can go full mage for the most part if you want. I very rarely have to shoot my gun to win combat encounters.

Hacking is so unfair. I just stand down the block from a building, hack into the security camera then bounce through their security feeds killing every single person that gets caught on camera. Then it is just the chore of walking in and completing whatever mission objective I'm there for and looting the bodies.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Rinkles posted:

How do you use cyberware mods? Upgrades to cyberware.

Once you've equipped the cyberware at the ripperdoc, go into the menu where it has inventory, character, etc and hover over inventory. It will expand to include Cyberware. Click there and then click on the slot to add mods.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

We named all the quests after the "prologue" after song titles, mostly stuff we imagined that Johnny might have liked or been influenced by (and era appropriate to the alt-history). We made a few exceptions because of reasons (usually quest designer REALLY wanted a specific song, or the title was perfect and we were too exausted to keep looking).

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0bV7n0QshCtpLXfQlGEl4K
Tidal (for jerks): https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/98e6ca98-dd4c-4726-9fc8-e46c4528e50a

Not quite everything is on there, cause some songs aren't on streaming services, so we've also included a few covers and substitutions. Obviously minor spoilers for quest names.

That is pretty neat. It is easier for me to play music in my place with a youtube playlist so I copied your Spotify list over to there. If that is better for anyone else here's an unlisted link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7yoj6OwkUOfizaj2_RvAwDRkY5ufvSyd

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

My Street Samurai V:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

I have almost finished the tutorial. I want my character to be a silenced pistol using sneaking type character that is really good at hacking. Anyone got any tips for me?

Killing with hacking is great for raising sneak. Get yourself the legendary deck as soon as you can afford it and your street cred is high enough. You buy new decks from implant docs and like the 2nd one you'll probably meet has the legendary for sale. Once you have a good deck, your buffer is much higher and you can start getting better breach effects plus it also unlocks cool new hacks you can perform on devices. Early game killing with hacks is slow because you need to wait for cooldowns and RAM. Until you get some good quickhacks I found it much better to hit them with the hack to disable them and then go in and kill them with another weapon. Also go around hacking everything you see. Leave no vending machine untouched for loot.

Finally, make sure to get the quickhack crafting perks so you can make yourself the good quickhacks. They don't take the crafting skill (but do give EXP for it) and you don't need the proceeding ones to unlock the next so skip Uncommon and start at Rare.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

put your very first perk into auto disasemble, every piece of junk loot will now generate passive Repair XP that pay you back the perk and more very quickly

you might want to keep increasing TEC once Repair hits the Attribute's limit

I was planning on doing this for my build, but I was really worried it'd disassemble the valuable junk too. Like 95% of junk is worth $3, but then there is a bunch of jewelry categorized as junk that are worth $750 a pop. I don't want those getting disassembled into 5 common parts or whatever.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Anyone know if you can remove clothing mods? It doesn't let me do that, I just get "ability blocked" or something similar in the left corner. I can remove weapon sights normally.

Also the 100 000 respec cost doesn't seem that bad, I already have gone through ~40000 eddies at level 8 for just buying poo poo from vendors. Got a new cool cyberdeck with tons of more slots than the original one.

Mods cannot be removed, but they can be replaced with new mods destroying the old one in the process. Fancy guns have mod slots for mods that look like circuit boards and they behave the same way as the armor mods. Optics and barrel mods can be interchanged freely.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I finally got around to buying that double jump leg implant and I'm regretting not getting it earlier. The mobility from it is life changing. The other leg implant where you charge up your jumps feels really lack luster compared to the double jump.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

thanks, was trying to decide, actually trying to decide how the gently caress I can make the money for them, but also which one to get. I do love that you can get up on poo poo in this game all the time, that's pretty fun and useful. I just wish I had that pegasus system like in deus ex so I could jump down to the street level from 50 stories up and nuke people around me when I land.

You make heaps of cash just running around doing the side missions and police quests. Also there is another implant that gives you a "Super Hero Landing" ability while it is active. I think it is Berserk, but you might have to swap out a cyberdeck for it.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Kraftwerk posted:

So I have some general gameplay questions I could use some help with.

1. Should I bother with stealth? I usually play stealth for elaborate takedowns and generally being this scary ghost who goes in and out of areas undetected and getting serious recognition for it. I find stealth very difficult to understand and spec for. The guards are laid out in a way where you must appear in front of them at some point. Trying to take them out alerts everyone else so I inevitably default to killing everyone like a one woman wrecking ball.

2. Does non-lethal vs lethal matter? Like you help the NCPD with assaults and other criminals. Do you have the option to knock out the criminals and deliver them to the cops? Are you a “bad” person for killing them instead?
Also sometimes civilians accidentally get caught in the crossfire and the cops come after you. Is that going to be a problem for you later? Right now I think it only matters where you are asked specifically not to kill anyone.

3. Are there allies you can get to come help you after you do them favours or was that a marketing gimmick?

4. Where do you get stuff like Katanas, non lethal weapons or something better than a D5 copperhead? Thus far the only guns I’ve found are tech double barrel guns, a tech pistol, unity pistols, the copperhead and the bull pup AmG.

5. Is there a way to shop to make your character look good? Does crafting properly keep up with the stuff you can find or are there rare purple items that eventually matter more? I have a corpo character so I want to make her look good doing everything rather than a mismatch of different armor pieces that give me better stats.
All the hats don’t look very good and I don’t think there’s a hide helmets option.

Right now I look like a retired future-marine who kept a few pieces of his old kit and blended it with some casual leather clothes. I almost look like a guest star on supernatural.

I'm not very far into the story yet so I can't answer all of your questions, but here's my take on em.

1. Stealth pairs really well with hacking, even if you don't spec into an int/hacking build. Hack vending machines, tvs, or whatever to get enemies to look the opposite direction or use the quickhacks whistle and call for help to position enemies where you want em then get in there and stealth KO them.

2. Non-lethal vs lethal only seems to matter for certain missions. I'm playing cold blooded ex-corp so I kill everyone. Even when I knock people out, I go back around the room afterwards and put a bullet in their head. No one has objected to methods yet, except if I accidentally kill someone that I was supposed to leave alive for a mission.

4. The melee weapon vendor outside your apartment sells katanas and they can drop from enemies. Seems like Tiger gang has them mostly. A lot of the better guns seem like they are actually just the same version of gun, just with better stats. There is some variety, but not a lot early game.

5. There are clothing shops and stuff. Getting your street cred up unlocks more clothing and gear options in the stores. I think the Stats page has a list of bonuses for street cred and they mostly revolve around getting vendors to stock better poo poo. I haven't gone too far into regular crafting, but you can keep finding new stuff to replace your gear. Upgrading is pretty expensive if your are packing legendary gear since you don't find a ton of it to salvage for legendary upgrade components. As far as armor goes, like 2/3rds of my armor comes from a legendary subdermal implant and all of my gear is slotted with crit strike chance. I'm playing on hard difficulty and it gives me enough of a cushion that I can take a few blows and med.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

How do you guys play an FPS with a controller? That's not a rhetorical question.

In a game like this, I'm 100% keyboard and mouse, but when I'm playing it with my wife we do a nvidia shield to living room tv and use controllers. The last time I remember being somewhat competent with a controller in an FPS had to have been like nearly 20 years ago on a PS2. In this game I can sort of shoot at guys, but the speed and precision just isn't there.

I figured for my wife, I'd help her get her character a smart link and maybe then she'd have a chance of hitting. There are some options in the settings for aim assist and I have those turned on, but honestly I don't notice it whether it's on or off.

Any tips on how I can git gud?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

How do i get money by hacking

There is also a perk in Breach Protocol called Extended Network Interface. It will highlight access points and put a red icon on them when you are close enough. This is super handy for finding hidden access points, even on the other sides of doors and ceilings.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

For stealing cars, you either need body to overpower the driver in a carjacking or you need tech to steal a parked car. There's a pretty good variety of motorcycles too.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I got a gig earlier where I had to kill a guy because he had murdered 17 people. That made me think of what must now be over 1,000 people I've left dead in my wake so far. In my defense almost none of them were children or the majority had some kind of criminal warrant.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Firstborn posted:

The Akira motorcycle is the Yaiba Kusanagi... just need to the find little guy that sells it, hopefully!

Wakako Okada sells that bike for $22k. She is the fixer that set you up with that first gig with Jackie and you can meet her again anytime after the lockdown is over. It was the 2nd vehicle she offered me so you probably don't need too much street cred.

No Mods No Masters posted:

My understanding is you only get offered the top tier vehicles when you've nearly capped out your street cred, ie done a huge swath of the game already. Also they cost a ludicrous amount and money is in short supply/high demand for other things. As of the middle of act II I would advise mainly using a motorcycle (act ii spoilers) you can get one for free from an early act ii sidequest and buying as cheap of a beater car as possible which you can summon just for stash access, though I have a sidequest suggesting you might get your lovely starter car back if you wait long enough.

That probably depends a lot on your playstyle and choice of gear. I hit 34 street cred by the time I finished Act 1 and still had a lot of gigs available in Watson. Doing primarily hacking, I found myself rolling cash and have been grabbing up all the best implants I can find. I could imagine if you just rush the main story and don't do a lot of side stuff or if you're constantly buying new gear then you'd be tight on cash and street cred.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 11, 2020

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are shop inventories fixed or random? I keep forgetting to check

They seem to be mostly fixed. The stats page makes it seem like after getting enough street cred new stuff gets added to shops, but I haven't tested it so I can't be sure.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

Playing a high intel build. Where do you go to buy new quickhacks? Would be nice to find the suicide one.

e: Also, don't know if money was rebalanced after the day 0/1 patch - but I haven't had any issue making $100K after 12 hours of play.

I just make my own quickhacks. I bought uncommon ones from the netrunner you meet early on to use as a base then got the perks to craft rare, epic and legendary. You get crafting exp, but you don't need any crafting perks or schematics.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

Someone posted a screenshot ITT of a really insane green cyberdeck yesterday I believe, does anyone have easy access to the screenshot and/or know where it's sold? Searching these forums is like being in hell

This is the first and only cyberdeck I've bought so far and it has been pretty magical for me:

I took screenshots of the best ones I found in Watson when I was running around at the start of the game to compare before buying. It was the only legendary one and while I wasn't too keen on the mods at first, it has grown on me. I'm hopeful that I can find a better one as I progress, but we'll see.

It is sold by Dr. Chrome around the centerish area of Watson.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Okay, my character is just straight up broken now. I'm mostly an int hacking build, but I can hold my own in melee even without any perks in bladed weapons. Through straight up chance I ended up with 4 pieces of armor each with a legendary armor mod giving 15% crit chance and then more bonus crit chance on my legendary katana.

When you upgrade the quickhack Short Circuit to legendary it gives a passive ability when equipped that causes all of your crits from any source to instant cast Tier 1 short circuit on the target. Now I just short circuit with nearly every swing and I'm doing massive chunks of damage.

Cael posted:

Probably an obvious answer, but there's no penalty for just ignoring the main quest for an extended period of time and loving around town right? I want to try to get as many gigs and side quests under my belt as possible just taking in the world before I move into the story. For reference, I'm still super early in the plot and only met Judy and did the braindance.

Take your time and have fun doing whatever. Time is just a construct and the story will wait around for you (at least at this stage).

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

KillHour posted:

I read the past few pages but I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I'll just ask.

As a fan of action RPGs with a lot of worldbuilding and sneaky/clever/hacky stuff, should I buy this game or wait for it to go on sale?

Games I'm hoping it's similar to except open world:
- Deus Ex
- Prey
- System Shock
- That's it, I guess

Also apparently it's broken or something?

It seems like people on consoles are experiencing most of the problems. On a modern gaming PC I've only encountered few bugs that I wouldn't categorize as minor and a couple crashes to desktop that were very far apart. The vast majority of problems I've seen have just been cosmetic things here and there and nothing I've seen so far has been game breaking.

This game kinda reminds me of a cross between Deus Ex, The Witcher (for the great story telling and scale), Grand Theft Auto and The Division. I haven't played Prey or System Shock so I can't offer any comparison to them, but I was pregaming with Deus Ex again just before this released. I'm having a lot of fun and it seems like the majority of PC players are as well.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

The legendary short circuit quickhack gives a passive that lets you electrocute anyone with a T1 short circuit anytime you get a critical strike with any weapon. I've been stacking crit strike chance so it procs pretty often now. I just found out that it also triggers with punching while doing the boxing matches. :getin:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

snoremac posted:

Can someone confirm/deny whether the driving controls are bad? Can't tell if it's the game or a delay on my wireless control but it seems like driving with any speed has me dinging into walls all the time.

There are quite a few complaints about driving in this thread, especially with keyboard and mouse.

I've been playing with both controller at times and with keyboard+mouse and driving with either seems fine to me. If you are gunning around at max speed then turning is hard. You really need to make liberal use of the Back button brake as well as the emergency brake in my opinion to really control the vehicles. Motorcycles are definitely where it is as though.
:shrug:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Admiral Bosch posted:

What difficulty are most people playing on? I'm on hard and I keep getting my poo poo *wrecked* by mooks on the street in like 1-2 shots. My health is sitting around 170 and when I checked, my armor was at around 110. What the gently caress am I doing wrong? I don't want to necessarily play on easy just to make progress.

I'm playing on hard. Early game it was a bit rough, but after getting my feet under me it's much better. Legendary subdermal armor can be had pretty cheaply for an extra 200 armor which can give you a little bit more padding. I can take a few hits in a fight if I'm playing really aggressively and then get out and patch myself up. You do need to play a bit more tactically though and choose how to engage your targets so they never get a chance to hit you. The majority of my fights now I don't take a single blow even when I'm going in with melee.

The difficulty levels remind me a lot of the Witcher 3. If you are playing on the highest difficulties and do something stupid like present your back to an enemy, you will be punished severely for it.

Next playthrough I'm going to kick it up to the next difficulty and see how it goes.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

FuzzySlippers posted:

So far I'm unimpressed with quick hacking. I restarted to check out street kid and went heavy intelligence. I don't have the street rep for the upgraded hacking mod thing yet but burn/zap don't do that much damage. I can sneak around slowly DoTing them to death but seems easier to just shoot them.

Is there a particular perk or skill that makes it work better?

Early game hacking feels more like a support skill. Use it to disable or soften up your enemies then kill them with something else. After you get a better deck and start upgrading your quickhacks you will destroy groups of enemies in seconds with just quickhacks and they will never see it coming.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

can you be a full conversion cyborg in this or is it one of those 'tiny silver piece on your temple' type of games

You can buy implants for most body systems, but they are under the surface for the most part. Some implants have exterior features on your body, but for the most part they aren't real obtrusive. Right now I haven't seen anything that'll let you go full on metal boy. Some enemies on the other hand go full on cyborg so we might have some hope either with modding or expansions later on.

shortspecialbus posted:

Is anyone able to get 4K/60fps with a 2080ti and nonterrible settings after the patch? So far I've just locked it at 30 and went with ultra high (turning off chromatic abberation, film grain, lens flare, and motion blur to low) which is fine because with a couple minutes of fiddling at launch I couldn't get anywhere near 60 unless I dropped stuff significantly, but supposedly the patch changed things? I'm not sure I want to spend hours loving with it so I figured I'd just ask.

Edit: related, are there any actually-good performance guides out there yet? All the ones I've found have been pretty lousy.

I'm running 4k with a 2080ti, but I can't hit 60fps. On average I'm around 50 though using the Optimized settings from Geforce Experience, except I turned DLSS to Balanced and Ray Traced Lighting to Ultra. I also did the thing where I disabled the full screen optimization property on my cyberpunk2077.exe. That seemed to help give me a few more fps.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 12, 2020

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

shortspecialbus posted:

I don't use GeForce Experience for settings as it usually just ruins the picture quality for no good reason in my experience, but I would be curious what it set - can you share the settings it chose?

Chalks posted:

Does it seem like there's a missing scene in the game where you tell the body guard what you saw and he tells you want happened to him? One minute he's picking you up from the landfill and the next he's saying "tell them what you told me" and I'm taking about him getting fired.

Yeah, it did feel like a little something was missing in that. I just chalked it up to being a bit woozy during the scene.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Anno posted:

Is it worth maxing this 3-point in-combat RAM regen perk? Or is just 1 enough?

I'd say it is worth it. Each time you upgrade your quickhacks they get more expensive. Right now I have like 23 RAM and legendary quickhacks with most of them costing like 7-8 RAM without breach. The perk and implants that give you increased RAM returned on kill and increased regen are real nice for longer fights like bosses/cyberpsychos or clearing entire complexes of enemies.

At this point I just breach an enemy I see from a block away which disables all of the cameras and turrets as well as applying vulnerability, then ping him to see where all of his friends are hiding. Legendary ping lets you target anyone highlighted through walls/cover/whatever so at that point I can proceed to kill every single person in the building with a quick series of contagion, short circuit, synapse burnout and overheat. Then I can just stroll through looting in peace.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Xachariah posted:

Ah this seems like the higher progression/level version of what I'm going for. I can't wait to find that legendary ping daemon you mentioned!

Do you happen to recall where you obtained it?

I crafted it. Pick up the perks for crafting rare, epic and legendary quickhacks. You don't need the uncommon one since you can buy those from the store real easily.

It seems like this latest patch fixed the epileptic murder-option on the brain dance thingymajig. Now instead of a rapid flashing sequence designed to kill people it is just a real slow single flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

I went digging and found this config file called memory_pool_budgets.csv:

code:
;;;
; ^[1-9][0-9]*(B|KB|MB|GB) - Pool budget
; -1 - Pool does not exist on the current platform
; 0 - Budget will be computed dynamically at runtime

;       PC        ;        Durango     ;        Orbis
PoolRoot                        ;                 ;                    ;
PoolCPU                         ;       1536MB    ;        1536MB      ;        1536MB
PoolGPU                         ;       3GB       ;        3GB         ;        3GB
PoolFlexible                    ;       -1        ;        -1          ;        0
PoolDefault                     ;       1KB       ;        1KB         ;        1KB
PoolLegacyOperator              ;       1MB       ;        1MB         ;        1MB
PoolFrame                       ;       32MB      ;        32MB        ;        32MB
PoolDoubleBufferedFrame         ;       32MB      ;        32MB        ;        32MB
PoolEngine                      ;       432MB     ;        432MB       ;        432MB
PoolRefCount                    ;       16MB      ;        16MB        ;        16MB
PoolDebug                       ;       512MB     ;        512MB       ;        512MB
PoolBacked                      ;       512MB     ;        512MB       ;        512MB
Adding all pools except the GPU one results in 3GB. Add one gigabyte for code and whatever, there's the 4GB mentioned earlier. I wonder what happens when I bump things.

Interesting. I changed them all to 0 for PC for the dynamically calculated at runtime. Not seeing any difference yet so might try doubling the default values and see what happens.