Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
After watching the double Jeff giantbomb discussion it seems like they both like the game, but the bugs are a serious empediment to fully enjoying the game. Jeff G. said he is invested in the main story and wants to see it through. I think it speaks to how good the story is given how many complaints he has and how many other games he bounces off of.

He even mentioned at the end that if he played the game after a few patches he would probably feel differently.

So it sounds like it's totally worth playing, but maybe wait for a few patches before playing it if it impacts your enjoyment of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Horizon Burning posted:

it's better if npcs don't magically know what genitalia you have

i have no idea what the 'pick you're genitals' actually adds to this game but it seems a shockingly strange decision

Type of sex you have I assume. Although I wonder if no genitalia means no romance options.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Should we have a separate thread for discussions of gender politics in this game and stick to gameplay in this one? This seems to come up from time to time with some games and completely ruins the thread. Maybe just a general gender politics in games mega thread that you can discuss all games, including this one it?

I know it's difficult to separate such comments and people are gonna post, but it would be nice.

I don't want to shut down such discussion, but it kind of drowns out everything else and creates a lot of unnecessary conflict.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

VolticSurge posted:

The three different origin options for starting out, each of which give different dialogue options and quests.

There are some people you will never meet if you don't do all three playthroughs.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Are there any gameplay differences between starting paths? Like do corpos get a bonus to hacking or something?

No clue, but first 6 hours is completely different apparently for each. I think story path is main difference. As in some quests aren’t available. Could be gear too.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I watched 10 minutes of Shroud playing the prologue and I'm already invested in the story and what happens next. Can't wait for it to unlock on PC today.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

2080ti here, seems like I'm good to go! Not like it would matter since you can't find a 3080 anywhere.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Sab669 posted:

You could tell me the dev just said "I was just making fun of actual employees who forget to update a template's text" and I'd believe it for the tone of this game :shrug:

That sort of thing was reported for sure and they shipped it because it was low priority compared to other bugs.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Combat Pretzel posted:

So yeah, apparently Steam will have to download another 3GB after decrypting the preload. :|

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1336701768038830081?s=19

Glad I upgrade to gigabit last month.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

sean10mm posted:

I find Giant Bomb's poo poo incredibly loving grating just in general and I can't put my finger on why.

And it's not because they noticed bugs in Cyberpunk because I assumed day one for this thing would be rough lol

They think it should be some genre defining game because of Witcher 3 so they are being super critical of everything. Plus they are cynical in general.

Game looks perfectly playable and should be a lot of fun.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

JamMasterJim posted:

What? Like, how?

It was Dan, who now works for WWE on a podcast for New Day.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

OAquinas posted:

I guess the seizure stuff is being taken seriously.

Link to official post? I did a google search and it isn't shown.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

LifeSunDeath posted:

Post your time initiated score, who's been was first to wait?

Same spot for me, although it's almost done decrypting. I wish it would say that's what it was doing rather than you having to guess by the disk usage.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Only bug so far was a t-pose girl in a club. Glad I'm not seeing all the bugs that some people are.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/shadowmar/status/1337129593887543296

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I wish there was a walk button for KB+M...

I can walk or run with keyboard.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

terrorist ambulance posted:

I keep getting some weird bug where when I die it changes my resolution from 3840x1600 to 1440p, but doesn't resize the UI elements, so I have black bars down the side of the screen cutting off my ammo, map, etc. Makes dying that much more annoying. Have to go in and change the resolution, apply, and then change again to fix.

Anyways I can see the game not being for everyone but I've read a couple of the negative reviews in the last 10 pages or so and recognize nothing about the game I'm playing in them. Game is pretty good despite jack and some absolutely mystifying design choices (the c to skip and crouch thing being up there)

Hitting escape and going back to game fixes that for me, no resolution change needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

The Last Call posted:

It seems CDPR has already recouped all development and marketing cost for the game.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/current-report-no-652020.pdf

That's nuts, and also good news for future support and potential sequels.