Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Pylons posted:

GTA4 only had dong in the DLC and I think that was before the ESRB was rating those separately.

The ESRB did rate it separately with a bullet point for "nudity" (the main game gets "partial nudity").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

veni veni veni posted:

I figured the PS4 version would look better on a PS5 than on my 1070 and after looking at some videos of it running on a 1070, I chose fuckin wrong, because it looks way better running on my old specs than Playstation, at least in Youtube videos. It's possible the compression is just doing it a lot of favors.

Game is hella good, but the resolution and textures just look distractingly bad on console at times. Fighting the urge to rebuy it on PC and just shelve the PS version until a proper PS5 update comes out, but there is no way I'm double dipping because of a hosed up port and afaik the PC version isn't total smooth sailing either.

Yeah I was a little worried going in but it runs really well at the medium preset in 1080p on my 1070 / 6700K and looks nice, although with that said buying this game turned out to be a bad idea because it still made me want to buy a much nicer graphics card, and right now really doesn't seem like the optimal time to do it.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Is it viable to do a melee build without reflexes? I started doing a body-int-tech build thinking I could hack fools from afar and then chop them up if they got close, but I wasn't looking at the actual perk trees so I didn't realize the sword skills were under reflexes. Are there enough non-sword melee weapons to make that work, or could I get by with swords by having a just a few points in reflexes? I'm only level 4, so I wouldn't mind ditching body and focusing on reflexes from now if that would be stronger.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

FuzzySlippers posted:

See my post above I think Body-Int is actually better than Int-Reflexes. Reflexes-Cool seems a better synergy since blade perks work well with cold blood.

There are also a ton of blunt weapons but for whatever reason I got few at the start. Eventually you end up with plenty

Gracias!

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I've been through like four of these car turret sequences, and I don't think I've killed a single enemy in any of them, lol. I just spray wildly at the first target I see and then when I'm about to die they run into a wall or flip over and blow up on their own.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Gamerofthegame posted:

big lmao that one of the big critiques on the gameplay side of things is the cars are on rails, the AI is bad!!!

who cares the cars are just part of the set dressing they don't do anything, lmao. heck it's cyberpunk and you have cars drive to you autonomously, they're probably barely being driven as is.

dumb as gently caress

Haha that is funny, the open world city game can't do car chases outside of scripted set pieces. Enemies can barely follow you across a room half the time. Man, I'm lolling.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

ughhhh posted:

Anyone gone up here and done the NCPD subcon mission?

I went up there and its a huge place with some scripted events and even an iconic crafting recipe, but all the shards i found are blank and most of the buildings are inaccessible.

Gotta wait for the hearts of chrome expansion.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Fallom posted:

There was a lot of platform tribalism going on in that time so people would die on the hill of insisting that consoles had nothing to do with that and it would cause some amazing multi-page flame wars.

Well the PS2 and Xbox ended up running games with much, much larger seamless open worlds like GTA San Andreas (as well as original DE), so while hardware limitations obviously impacted game design, that doesn't mean that they did a good job of it or that Invisible War is the limit of what was achievable with the Xbox.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The Returns campaign almost seemed like an example or proof of concept since they were pitching the game as more of a platform for fan campaigns for a while. Harebrained in general always kinda seemed like they were one of those devs that runs away from the games their fans actually want them to make. IIRC Battletech's initial pitch didn't even have a singleplayer mode.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Does all of gaming have these brainworms or do people actually not remember FO76, Star Wars Battlefront II, No Man's Sky, SimCity (2013), or Aliens: Colonial Marines...a game that was still broken until some rando fixed it a few weeks ago? They were literally all released this decade and had way worse launches than Cyberpunk.

But those devs didn't offer refunds (a good thing to do) for their lovely products, so only CDPR get's the pillory? :thunk:

Those games were also all critically panned and most of them bombed on release though, where as Cyberpunk reviewed extremely well (and still has a high review average) and CD Project was out there trumpeting what a sales bonanza it was for the first week. For a while it seemed like they were going to "get away with it" and people were mad at reviewers for underselling the amount of bugs because they (like the platform holders) thought they would get fixed up by the day 1 patch or shortly after.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I still think the negative hyperbole will die off in a year or two (if they stop publicly loving up). All of the big CRPG studios have poo poo the bed at least once recently. Is this game currently more fun and interesting than Mass Effect Andromeda or Fallout 76? Yes. Is it still a disappointment? Yes. It's in that Dragon Quest Inquisition / Fallout 4 / The Outer Worlds milquetoast underachiever zone.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The open world is there to cruise through to get cyberpunk vibes, but they're really not selling the atmosphere with their Saints Row-rear end billboards and a few holograms. Night City mostly isn't that memorable, which is a big failure.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

lunar detritus posted:

you'll never be able to see yourself* but it's actually pretty good, especially with mods to get more clothes.

*there are some activable mirrors and the inventory screen but that's it.

and bikes if you ride in third person mode (which makes coats / dresses look stupid unfortunately). If only there was a proper third person camera so you could see Jackie looking into my character's ridiculous eye / hair / tat combo while dying.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I don't know if I'd even say Morrowind has good writing but the atmosphere is top-notch. I can still remember some of the environmental audio you'd hear outside of Seyda Neen and Balmora, and it had great alien-looking buildings and outfits / armor.

Cyberpunk's atmosphere is definitely missing something. The night market-type areas and the starting apartment area are cool but most of the city just feels like a Saints Row environment or something. I definitely didn't feel transported to the future.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
To be fair to Geralt he probably has his poo poo together more than any other witcher. He has a lot of long term friendships, his witch gfs take him to swanky parties, and he barely even scares any children.

Edit: like Keira ended up with Lambert. She pulled the short straw.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 26, 2021

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Tenzarin posted:

RDR2 is the same price as cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk starting to look better and better

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Khanstant posted:

for me it was more my tiny arms not being occluded by my partner , who may have been a titan

It looks like you're doing the Gangnam Style dance in front of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Rinkles posted:

yeah totally, especially since NPCs have a lot of that stuff (there's even more extoic stuff like croc skin). i mean you can't even get a prosthetic limb.

Aren't your calves supposed to open up and do something freaky-looking when you double jump? Not that you can see it of course.

The creepy eyeball selection is on point, at least.