Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

GreenBuckanneer posted:

50+ gb day one patch is going to take me like, an hour to download. I wish they'd push the day 1 patch now

Noticed yesterday afternoon that Steam had downloaded a 57gb patch. Is this the day 1 patch or something entirely different? So far the game is sitting at 120gb for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Went from 900kbs to 11mps and climbing.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Diogines posted:

If you are in the US, change your steam download region to the nearest Canadian region. My download rate increased 10x, I finished it quickly and am about to play.

Have fun folks!

Yep. Switched to Winnipeg and went from 300kps to 13mps.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Well in to Act 2 and I have yet to craft a single item and I have no plans on ever doing so.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

In a span of 30 minutes I stopped a car from intentionally driving off a cliff thus killing itself, failed to prevent the death of a suicidal man, and walked into a room with a woman who had killed herself.

Pretty heavy on the suicide stuff but drat is this game awesome.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

I've been playing this game little by little since launch so some story/quest details can be hazy over time. I was in the area and decided to check with Fingers for some upgrades but he was angry at me and refused to help so I put the shotgun to him. Am I missing out on any good upgrades now that he's no longer breathing? Also what would I have done to piss him off like that?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

dyzzy posted:

Did you punch him when you talked to him with Judy?

He's the only source of the hover ankle mod and the pain editor (10% damage reduction, 16 cool)

That sounds like something I would absolutely do so I'm going with that.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

I really enjoy the Peralez side mission, where it really doesn't matter what you do, you're up against something that is not only so much more powerful than you are, but also beyond your understanding. The first time I went through it, I really enjoyed uncovering all these signs that they were being spied on, and then realising that they're so beyond hosed that there's pretty much nothing you can do for them.

This mission really stood out to me and was definitely my favorite. Upon finishing the game seeing how he turned out I actually regretted the decision I made earlier.

After 130 hours I'm finally finished. Not sure what I can say that hasn't already been discussed over and over but I did enjoy the game a lot. I got pretty burnt out at the end though just slicing entire rooms full of mooks with thermal mantis blades and while quickhacking was fun for the first 2/3 of the game, by the end it provided zero challenge. I never had any issues with crafting because I ignored that part entirely. Not once did I ever even open the crafting menu so I avoided that headache entirely.

The only expectations I had for the game going into it was that it was made by CDPR so it was probably going to be good and despite it's faults turned out to be a really enjoyable game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

2house2fly posted:

I'm more familiar with Short Circuit apparently blocking fall-down animations so enemies just stand stock-still for a few seconds and then teleport into a lying position on the floor

I saw this on pc a few times except they didn't fall down until I walked up close and shot or bladed them again.