Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tapet posted:

Oh, and I am glad people can enjoy the animation. Good for you, I am genuinly envious. For me, It was terrible. Using CGI for human characters this way takes me right out of it. More power to you if you can enjoy it anyway, I pray silently that next episode is more like the earlier this seasons which looked fine to me.

ninjewtsu posted:

I really wish the direction was a bit stronger. A lot of these scenes could have been really powerful and instead they're just pretty neat
It's everything I feared when I heard they were switching studios and the original series director was out. Previous episodes weren't big on the flashy action sequences so I was holding out hope but ah well. Luckily, everything else is strong enough that I'm still enjoying this show but woof, those stiff-rear end CG people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Maera Sior posted:

Zeke's Freaks (totally using that) have been working with the Scouts for a while, probably since they went to Paradis. Onyankapon is liked by the Scouts, Yelena not so much. Probably not a whole lot of trust in general.
Speaking of, my current guess is that they're all from countries under Marleyan occupation, why they're throwing their lot in with the Kong.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The United States posted:

(Contains future manga spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwCCs6yTpPY

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"The Dangers of Allegory" is such an insane title

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:vince:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There was a Titan doing a disco pose.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wish everyone would stop describing what Eren's planning to do as "genocide." :rolleyes: It's much closer to omnicide.

ninjewtsu posted:

very similar to what it has looked like all season
Tbh the moment the show literally humanizes its monsters way back when was the time I was like, "Oh, those internet people are dumbasses."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I will say that as someone who thought much of the first half of Mappa-Titan looked distractingly bad (the CG ODM scenes were the worst) at times, this one has been waaaaay better in that sense.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Ugh, can't believe how pro-genocide this show is :rolleyes:

I like that Levi pretty much seems to be in on it all just to settle his grudge match with Zeke

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So manga readers were still pumped at this point in the story, right? Because it would be insane if they weren't but I know some people didn't like how things shake out at the end so they they must mean the *very* end.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

christmas boots posted:

I live how it comes right after Sasha’s dad makes that big speech too. It’s one thing to talk about breaking a cycle of hatred, another to actually do it

Hmm sounds like fash talk to me. Twitter tells me so.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anime only here, one of those who managed to avoid just about every major spoiler throughout the manga and the show's runs and I thought the ending was pretty great, though clearly a lot of it thanks to rewrites because that page posted a while back was oof.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MJeff posted:

It does Mikasa's funeral and then the next panel is a modern looking Shinganshina, like around our time or slightly before, with a squad of stealth bombers bombing it. And it goes immediately to the post apocalypse part from there. It's more or less implied that whatever peace they managed to secure lasted.....maybe a hundred years? And then the bombs start falling on Paradis. This extended it way, way, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out. I was absolutely shocked.

[spoiler]Another good change imo. Blowing up a modern looking Shinganshina only 50-odd years out reads more like Eldia getting nuked by the rest of the world as retaliation for the rumbling, whereas making it happen in the far-flung, cyberpunk future makes it instead come off like a broader statement on the cyclical nature of destruction and rebirth.

E: wtf not sure why my spoiler tags aren't working

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 5, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Love the idea that the closest thing to an omniscient god is too dumb, suicidal and full of rageahol to not do an omnicide.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Attack on Society.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Amazing finale. A bleak ending, but it feels appropriate given the current news cycle. I think I agree with the author: in the world we live in, society without war seems hokey.

And at the end, while it is bleak, it is also hopeful because as the cycle continues there is always the chance, the hope, for change.
I think it's notable that the circumstances between Ymir entering the tree and that unnamed boy entering are polar opposites. The former was running for her life, the latter just kind of casually strolls inside with his dog. Despite the post-apocalypse setting, what little we see is definitely portrayed as a more idyllic, "back-to-nature" one, almost positively juxtaposed against the war-torn cyberpunk dystopia shown prior.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyway, now that the last episode has aired and the dust has settled, can we all agree that Pieck is the best for being the only sane, well-adjusted character in the entire show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
One of the funniest things about the whole show is that Levi's like 40.