Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Clark field is lost! The raiders take several hits - but somehow I still come out on top today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You keep posting the sunk results a day in advance of the actual turn, btw.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I assume Liverpool Maru was impounded and impressed into service by the IJN?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You keep posting the sunk results a day in advance of the actual turn, btw.

The date of the ops report is from the next day, the just how the game works, or I am really screwing up!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grey Hunter posted:

The date of the ops report is from the next day, the just how the game works, or I am really screwing up!

Yeah, but the ops report you showed for the 2/23 video is dated 2/25.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Grey Hunter posted:

If you played the 23rd, how could it report ships sunk on the 24th? You're posting a day in advance for the results, exemplified by ships sunk a day before we see them in the videos.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

habeasdorkus posted:

I assume Liverpool Maru was impounded and impressed into service by the IJN?

The Lloyd's register of 1930 seems to say that it was constructed in Japan, at Kobe by Kawasaki: https://www.wrecksite.eu/docBrowser.aspx?CarNGehhTSIEFBitYUHefg==

Edit: Combined Fleet has a good history of Liverpool Maru: http://www.combinedfleet.com/Liverpool_t.htm

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 23, 2021

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Huh, wonder how it got its name.

e: You ain't kidding that it has an interesting history.

quote:

July 1937: The "First China Incident" and the Beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War:
Hun River, Lukuokiao, China. Japanese troops on night maneuvers at the Marco Polo Bridge fire blank cartridges. Chinese troops across the river think they are under attack. They fire live rounds back, but do not cause injuries. At morning roll call, the Japanese discover a soldier missing and assume the Chinese have captured him. The Japanese demand entry to the Peiping (Beijing) suburb of Wanping to look for the soldier, but the Chinese refuse. The Japanese then shell the city. An undeclared war on China begins.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 23, 2021

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If you played the 23rd, how could it report ships sunk on the 24th? You're posting a day in advance for the results, exemplified by ships sunk a day before we see them in the videos.

You get the report for day X at the start of day X+1. Grey's giving us the reports dated day X+2, though.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zurai posted:

You get the report for day X at the start of day X+1. Grey's giving us the reports dated day X+2, though.

Yes, I know this, I'm literally saying that the reports are a day ahead because he's sinking things on the 23rd, which don't match the stuff being shown for the 24th, because he's posting the report a day in advance.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

eg: On 23 he lost the Achillies and sunk a bunch of japanese troop ships, but that was posted on the 22nd.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So how has Grey Hunter been doing overall this run? So many updates to go through, seems like he's done well given by how long he could hold the Philippines and the shitton of transports he's killed though.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ChaseSP posted:

So how has Grey Hunter been doing overall this run? So many updates to go through, seems like he's done well given by how long he could hold the Philippines and the shitton of transports he's killed though.

He's killed a lot more Japanese pixelmans than usual by this point. Also a good number of ships downed.

But he also lost the Lexington, so you know. Some of column A, some of column B

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Dammit, I must have missed screenshotting a day but carried on numbering! that's why!

sorry!

Veloxyll posted:

He's killed a lot more Japanese pixelmans than usual by this point. Also a good number of ships downed.

But he also lost the Lexington, so you know. Some of column A, some of column B

Mostly column A to be fair.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Filthy Croctopian A Columnists.

You are supposed to be sinking the ROYAL NAVY not the US Navy.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Filthy Croctopian A Columnists.

You are supposed to be sinking the ROYAL NAVY not the US Navy.

I did that last time, I got to keep this thing fresh somehow!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The carriers have a good day, but I seem to have missed a rather important convoy!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Well, the IJA certainly didn't miss it...!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Manilla falls today, and there are carriers at Midway.....

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 27, 2021

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm amazed Manilla held out for this long, you must've really hosed over their time table doing that with tying up so many forces.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Manilla falls, and there are carriers around midway - but things still seem to come up Grey!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
:confused: From what I saw briefly Warspite isn't due for withdrawal until 1943?

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 27, 2021

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Hankow is the new KIAfeng, it seems. Their losses are crazy

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Plus they seem to be reinforcing there rather than withdrawing, so hopefully we can keep the attrition going.

Then again they’re also reinforcing and outflanking Rangoon, which might make Burma/Myanmar and East India quite lively.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The carriers trade kills, and we have another fantastic day in China!

We find a nice surprise in the middle of the Pacific.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

A shame that your pilots couldn't confirm the Mogami, but the fact that they didn't spot it in that final attack wave is a good indication that it sunk. The other good indicators are the dozen or so 1000 pound semi-armor-piercing bombs that exploded inside its hull thousands of miles from anywhere it could fix that damage.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

We seem some retreats in China, but the tradition of at least one Japanese kill a day continues!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Rather unsportingly, The Japanese have placed bombers in Rabaul.
The swines!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The raiders resupply, so a bit of a dull day.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar
Been watching since day 1 of this but just now looked the thread up.

Sign me up fir the IJN Mikuma

no idea why but it's always been my go to ship for pacific stuff.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The China offensive contiues -as do the raids!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Every japanese ship sunk is a bit closer to the end of the war.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Oh boy do the raiders have a good day today!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
That convoy just orderly fed itself into a woodchipper, didn't it?

Is the mass of troops at Hankow a result of Grey's careful planning and deployments?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Where on earth is their invasion support? The Bandjermasin convoys should have been guarded up to the hilt after the first time you raided them to hell and back, let alone ... what is this, Raid 5?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Serpentis posted:

Where on earth is their invasion support? The Bandjermasin convoys should have been guarded up to the hilt after the first time you raided them to hell and back, let alone ... what is this, Raid 5?

Artificial? Yes. Intelligence? No.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Grey, you need to sort by "Days" in the shipw withdrawal screen to see what is overdue, it'll be in the negative.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Japanese hit HARD!

And then hard again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Well, it's good that Japan's still got some fight in them for now. With all the logistical and troop losses they've taken, it's hard to believe they'll have too left by mid 1943.