Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Its either a nudge nudge wink wink that x-man quicksilver was "cast" or it's basically multiple dimension hoopla because mcu quicksilver is dead dead xman uni quick isnt. So you pull from where they live? Maybe this is a different vision aswell? Who knows!

I mean this is what into the spiderverse taught me anyway. Just steal your alternate dimension family that isnt dead as gently caress. And have peter b parker show up like that slob he is.

Speaking of Spiderverse, the end stinger is a spider man who has the technology to fully use inter-dementional uh travel. And does exactly that meeting old spidey man for hahas. Imma place my monies on a multiverse an animated spidey showing up and just being like, "first time with the multi-verse huh?"

Speculation but it would be a pretty big stretch for an in-universe explanation as to why 34 year-old Evan Peters has silver hair otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman after appearing in the next MCU movie:

Wanda Edit: A thing I'm so happy about the multiverse is that we are gonna get more Alfred Molina's Doctor Oc.

Jackman doesn't seem like he'd be above doing another film/couple of cameos to get his next batch of musicals greenlit
Don't think there's anything they could offer Stewart that he couldn't already get so he'd probably be down if only because he was bored and seems to genuinely like acting

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, this seems to be a trend, to the point that I think it's in their contracts. Both Hailee Steinfeld and Tatiana Maslany explicitly claimed the opposite of reality when it came to that.

I am more or less ambivalent to marvel productions but I am genuinely looking forward to a Tatiana Maslany vehicle where she gets to play a big green lawyer

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I would give so much to go out in the world with my art with the confidence of Rob Liefeld
Clearly he's got major deficiencies but fuckin' first sketch ink and color that badboy we're on a deadline, ship it

There's something deeply admirable about that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

swap Dora Milaje for "Seal Team" and see how many people still cheer

this is what passes for "diversity" in a Marvel writers room - the same goddamned horrid viewpoints but with a different accent.

I mean Wakanda is even a famously non-interventionist country where would this mindset come from

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There are a lot of irons in the fire now, eh? Seems like the marvel output is gonna have to double to keep up with all these side characters like US Agent and Zemo along with the main characters. I wonder if that was the plan before covid

And honestly I am kinda into it if it means getting weird one offs or miniseries.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I guess his new suit is big and weird enough that they can handwave it having some sort of vibranium servo whatyacallit technology that serves as a quasi-supersuit. It's a bit bulky to only be a set of wings and some padding

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

live with fruit posted:

ScarJo is suing Disney because she was supposed to get a percentage of the box office, so Natasha is probably dead for good.
She was guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release along with a percentage of the take so simultaneously releasing it on streaming probably royally hosed her take
That's a real "I am altering the deal" situation to put her in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

You'd think Disney would just settle this since ScarJo did a film that was explicitly giving them a backdoor replacement for her character played by a lesser known actress for Disney to lock up forever for peanuts.

Like it was so clearly a transactional film and they're trying to penny pinch, what a silly corporation