Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Mario Lemieux and the only player better than him, Sam Reinhart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gretzky and Yzerman?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Pungry posted:

Mario Lemieux and the only player better than him, Sam Reinhart.

Haha, didn't think it would be gotten that quickly. This is correct.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fawning deference posted:

Haha, didn't think it would be gotten that quickly. This is correct.

The Panthers broadcast crew mentioned it during tonight’s game, I forget exactly when, but it wasn’t long before you posted the question :v:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

fartknocker posted:

The Panthers broadcast crew mentioned it during tonight’s game, I forget exactly when, but it wasn’t long before you posted the question :v:

So did the Devils crew seemingly at the same time

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty surprised Gretzky never had 25PPG!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm pretty surprised Gretzky never had 25PPG!

In his 92 goal season 68 were even strength

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Gretzky is the go-to answer for everything usually, but his PPG are hilariously low for the amount of goals he was scoring.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

He did have a 20ppg/12shg year though.

But I guess when a team also has Kurri, Anderson, Mess, and Coffey as shooters and time to set up, let the best passer ever pass.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It's trivia everybody knows but man, every now and then I think about Mario's 5 goals 5 ways game and how the odds of that happening must have been astronomical, even in a high scoring environment like the 80s.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Has to be one of the most statistically improbable events to have happened in a NHL game. Scoring 5 goals in a game has only happened 63 times. And then include getting a SHG and penalty shot goal into the mix.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Not sure if this one has been done, but it was a fun one when me/T-Bone/Ginette were hanging out on Discord and lamenting the lack of true #1 goalies anymore. So:

can you name the 6 goalies that played 77 or more games in a season?

Getting 1 is easiest, this guy did it 4 times.
Getting 2 is possible for a lot of people.
Getting 3 maybe.
Getting 4, I don't know how
Getting 5, no chance
Getting 6, you are the most, uh, "special interest" person on earth

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I'm pretty certain Brodeur did it. Grant Fuhr for sure did it in 1996. I think Luongo did it. I don't know if Glenn Hall did it but he had some insanely long streak of games started and played for a while in the expansion era so maybe.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh I know Irbe did. My second favourite goalie of all time.

After that I have no idea. Turco, Kipper and Puppa?

e: Oh Im dumb Belfour probably did it on one of those early 90s Chicago teams.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 21, 2024

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Glenn Hall did not do it--I think the seasons were too short back then. Luongo did not do it (hit 76). Turco, Kipper, and Puppa did not. Kipper did have 4 seasons of 74-76, but a max of 76. Turco maxed at 74. Belfour maxed at 74. Puppa maxed at 63.

Irbe's a great one--correct! We didn't get that because we were remembering him as platooning with Weekes the year he went to the Cup in 02.

Grant Fuhr is indeed the record holder at 79 games played, which is nuts.

Brodeur is the easy one, did it four times.

In order of difficulty, I think it's still, from easiest to hardest:

1. Brodeur
2. ?
3. Fuhr
4. Irbe
5. ?
6. ?

with a pretty huge gap on 5, and then another huge gap on 6. I'll give a hint for #5--he played for two teams the year he did it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I'll give a hint for #5--he played for two teams the year he did it.

This hint isnt as helpful as I thought since I already guessed Turco. Tommy Salo the year he went to the Oilers maybe?

I dont think Lundqvist or Rinne ever got that many GP, but then again their peaks were when I was kind of checked out of hockey so maybe one of them is #6? The Sharks and Kings had some durable goalies in the past, gently caress if I can name them other than Irbe and Quick though.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I couldn't answer this, so I looked up the answers because I am impatient, and there's only one person on this entire forum who could get one of the answers.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Glenn Hall did not do it--I think the seasons were too short back then. Luongo did not do it (hit 76). Turco, Kipper, and Puppa did not. Kipper did have 4 seasons of 74-76, but a max of 76. Turco maxed at 74. Belfour maxed at 74. Puppa maxed at 63.

Irbe's a great one--correct! We didn't get that because we were remembering him as platooning with Weekes the year he went to the Cup in 02.

1. Brodeur
2. ?
3. Fuhr
4. Irbe
5. ?
6. ?

with a pretty huge gap on 5, and then another huge gap on 6. I'll give a hint for #5--he played for two teams the year he did it.

Ohh poo poo #5 is Bill Ranford right? I know its not Salo, the most he played was I think 73 for the Oilers

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

1. Brodeur
2. ?
3. Fuhr
4. Irbe
5. ?
6. ?

Rick DiPietro? A long shot, but no doubt the Islanders ran him into the ground

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jumping on BOXC's question, but the only person who could goalie #6, and this is a big spoiler, is CBJSprague

Ohh poo poo #5 is Bill Ranford right? I know its not Salo, the most he played was I think 73 for the Oilers

Yeah, it's Ranford.

Mr. Fish posted:

DiPietro hit 63-62-63 across three seasons. But, answer #2 is another Islanders legend.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

DiPietro hit 63-62-63 across three seasons. But, answer #2 is another Islanders legend.

If its Nabokov Im going to laugh because I thought he never made more than 40 starts for the Islanders.

e: Oh, Greiss maybe?

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 23, 2024

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

If its Nabokov Im going to laugh because I thought he never made more than 40 starts for the Islanders.

That would make sense with the Sharks though

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It's Nabokov with the Sharks, but he is separately an Islanders legend.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

very good!

Furnaceface posted:

e: Oh, Greiss maybe?

excellent!

Mr. Fish posted:

I wish...always liked DP even as a Rangers fan.

Twin Cinema's hint for this is good. I'll also add...French dude. Drafted by Colorado, played for COL, CBJ, Tampa, and exactly one game with Montreal

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Twin Cinema's hint for this is good. I'll also add...French dude. Drafted by Colorado, played for COL, CBJ, Tampa, and exactly one game with Montreal

That's gotta be my boy and current Habs color commentator Marc Denis

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

neoaxd posted:

That's gotta be my boy and current Habs color commentator Marc Denis

BINGO! Nice! I can't believe he is one of the 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I read the hint and I still couldn't come up with the answer. That's wild