Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sadly you can't travel back in time to kill people or solve problems, op, because by you doing so you eliminate the need for yourself to travel back in time in the first place and thus negate your reason to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

The first primordial human, op

I sure Gene's around here somewhere

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Klyith posted:

I'd shoot hitler

Yeah, but, again, you don't get to have the satisfaction of killing Hitler :(

Because if you go back in time and kill Hitler, then time moves forward without Hitler...and you, presently, has no reason to get into the time machine to go back and kill him. Why would you travel through time to kill someone who doesn't exist now? So it can't be done :(

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kntfkr posted:

I have this idea for a show called "Time Jerks" and basically the pilot episode is Tracy Morgan and Jimmy O Yang are forced by beings from the 4th dimension (Limp Bizkit) to go back in time and throw out Anne Frank's diary so that it's never read or published and "In The Aeroplane Over the Sea" never gets recorded.

Yeah, I dunno.

That sounds bad.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm not real sure how the whole "You can't go backwards in time to do something because if you do that thing to correct it, like kill hitler, means you'd have no motivation to go back in time in the first place since he's already non-existent" works out if you do something like this, though:

Let's say you travel 500 years into the future and find out there's a future hitler like, 380 years ahead of us, who's just an absolute dick, and they're all like "man we hated that new future hitler from our long ago past here in the even farther future."
So you dial it up and go back a little less far and kill the future hitler 379 years from now, and then pop-rock it back to the 500 year ahead future where they never knew the future hitler... THEN you could see some changes, and no one would even thank you for it. Because to them it never happened.

So the BEST thing you can do is eat like 4 gummies while watching PBS saturday morning and wrap yourself in tinfoil while nude and start weeping.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I would go to the future and murder the guy who invents the real life dick slider and steal it and come back with it so I could have a dick slider

would you settle for a trunks length slider and being able to have different plaid patterns on your hawaiian shorts because BROTHER have I got a game for you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jesus doesn't have to go, he's fine.

...Peter might be a good call tho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bismuth posted:

The whole point of killing jesus is to get him before he becomes a big deal, you fools

oh no poo poo? I thought it was for some other reason. Thank you for explaining this to us. drat. This is very insightful and you are incredibly smart.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HOLD UP

Guys. I just had an INCREDIBLE idea.

What if...what if we killed a DIFFERENT historical figure at a time before they could be significant? BISMUTH??? What say you? Is that...is that legal???? Could you imagine?!

What if we killed a baby Benjamin Franklin in his crib and electricity was never discovered! WOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm aware that Benjamin Franklin didn't 'discover electricity'. That's part of the joke of how stupid Bismuth is. Thank you for asking me to spell it out.
I doubt even Muddy Waters could remedy this.