Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Would using Nike brand socks for my seed be a cool flex?
What kind of dumb poo poo do you do with your pets for your own amusement?

1) My cat has a blanket she makes biscuits on and when I'm bored, I put the blanket on my back to try and get her to be useful and give me a massage.
2) Every time I run the sink I sprinkle water at the cat to keep her from drinking dishwater and other chemicals. Now she fears the sound of the kitchen sink and I have never felt more powerful while scraping eggs off of a plate.
3) When I get home every day my cat reaches up at me until I scoop her up and dance around. The dancing does not stop until I finish singing or she gets bored and puts a little paw on my face to make me shut up and put her down.
4) My cat would not stop knocking down the door to her previous litterbox. I got her a new one that is round and now known to the house as the thunderdome.
5) My girlfriend does not lock the door to the bathroom. I got the cat hyped with treats and toys and opened the bathroom door while my GF was pinching a loaf. I then allowed the cat to run into the bathroom and closed the door. My cat is now a trained hitman.
6) I used to collect bottle caps since I think fallout is neat. Now my collection is dwindling since throwing those same bottle caps is the only way to get my cat to leave the room when I need to clean it.
7) My cat frequently dislodges my closet door when she's restless. I started letting her out of the room when she does this to avoid having to spray her all the time. Now she bangs on the closet door and uses it like a door bell whenever she wants to be let out. I accidentally taught her to knock to be let out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love picking my cat up and using her to catch moths on the walls high up. Its like a combo team attack. She eats them right off the wall.

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Caesar Saladin posted:

I love picking my cat up and using her to catch moths on the walls high up. Its like a combo team attack. She eats them right off the wall.

I gotta try that. The 4 legged goblin can and will eat anything

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

My last cat, I would always nibble on the tips of her ears. After a while, whenever she was happy, she would come up to me and start licking my earlobes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Moths are cool though

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I own multiple dog strollers.

In my defense, my last dog was arthritic and blind.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I have been known to put a Bugle on my cat’s head and tell him “You’re a wizard, ‘Arry”.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if i told my dog go to his bed when he hadnt done anything wrong the first time hed stare at me in disbelief and the second time hed mutter a little rawr rawr rawr rawr growl on every step like "this is bullshit." if he had actually done anything wrong he wouldve just gone to his bed without protest

id pick him up and carry him on my shoulder to the kitchen for a treat if i ever did this though because hes my baby

Milo and POTUS posted:

Moths are cool though
theyre the bug that makes people think all bugs are filthy

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Moths are cool though

they are actually disgusting and lay horrible eggs everywhere and are covered in gross dust

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Love them unconditionally

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
hosed up that some moths just don't eat though. Like they'll eat as a caterpillar but after they metamorphose they just fly around lights and gently caress

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cat making biscuits is some twee furbaby talk for pooping isn't it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cat making biscuits is some twee furbaby talk for pooping isn't it
man this guy doesnt know anything about cats

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I tuck my dogs in under blankets when they're snuggled up somewhere on the floor/their beds/the couch and it's a 25/75 split between them loving/hating it. I do it anyway.
We have designated 'dog blankets' but because my wife is Canadian we have a big rear end Canadian flag fleece blanket and I love to use that to wrap them up in and they fuckin' hate it. Go pooches.

e: they are ancient old fat hound dogs that weigh about 70-80 lbs each and the oldest one is blind, so their form of 'hate' is 'looking around sadly and farting' or 'climbing upstairs to the guest bedroom and going to sleep on that bed instead after a kiss on the forehead'. It's very violent.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 20, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

people who dont get their dogs one of these beds should be imprisoned

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
1) think that they're owned possessions rather than basically kidnap victims
2) believe that dogs only randomly attack people because of "bad owners", and not the fact that they are dogs and not furry people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

I used to date this girl that had two pugs and she would dress them up every day in different dog clothes. The poor pups would look so sad when I came over. When she wasn't looking, I'd take the clothes off and hide them somewhere she had to get on a chair to reach because she was 5'2“.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

SubnormalityStairs posted:

2) believe that dogs only randomly attack people because of "bad owners", and not the fact that they are dogs and not furry people

1) If so they have the world’s worst case of Stockholm syndrome judging from how often they are underfoot
2) Dogs don’t randomly attack people :mad:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Caesar Saladin posted:

this, but flies

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
One of our dogs (Lenny) has a honking pig toy that he loves so I bought like 10 of them in case he destroys the first one. Anyway, every Sunday I yell “PIG HONKING SUNDAY”, grab as many of them as I can and honk them while Lenny barks at me. It is now to the point where I don’t actually have to honk the pigs at all. The words alone get him to bark.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

One of our dogs (Lenny) has a honking pig toy that he loves so I bought like 10 of them in case he destroys the first one. Anyway, every Sunday I yell “PIG HONKING SUNDAY”, grab as many of them as I can and honk them while Lenny barks at me. It is now to the point where I don’t actually have to honk the pigs at all. The words alone get him to bark.

we need to see this, ya know

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i mock her meows

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

blight rhino posted:

please deliver the goods, mr. pig sunday

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

blight rhino posted:

Ok, working on a pig honking Sunday demonstration. Lenny knows something is up because I brought the pigs downstairs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok so I had to enlist my kids to help since someone had to shoot the video. All 3 dogs decided to participate. Lenny is the corgi - you can hear him in the beginning of the video but he doesn’t make an appearance until the end of it. Probably not the best demonstration of pig honking Sunday but you get the idea:

https://youtu.be/vhs_Kl_05cs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

It's too dangerous to go alone, take this

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
My wife has always babied the poo poo out of our dogs but it’s on some sort of insane level now since our kids have grown and moved out

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:jerkbag:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ForbiddenSock posted:

What kind of dumb poo poo do you do with your pets for your own amusement?

1) My cat has a blanket she makes biscuits on and when I'm bored, I put the blanket on my back to try and get her to be useful and give me a massage.
2) Every time I run the sink I sprinkle water at the cat to keep her from drinking dishwater and other chemicals. Now she fears the sound of the kitchen sink and I have never felt more powerful while scraping eggs off of a plate.
3) When I get home every day my cat reaches up at me until I scoop her up and dance around. The dancing does not stop until I finish singing or she gets bored and puts a little paw on my face to make me shut up and put her down.
4) My cat would not stop knocking down the door to her previous litterbox. I got her a new one that is round and now known to the house as the thunderdome.
5) My girlfriend does not lock the door to the bathroom. I got the cat hyped with treats and toys and opened the bathroom door while my GF was pinching a loaf. I then allowed the cat to run into the bathroom and closed the door. My cat is now a trained hitman.
6) I used to collect bottle caps since I think fallout is neat. Now my collection is dwindling since throwing those same bottle caps is the only way to get my cat to leave the room when I need to clean it.
7) My cat frequently dislodges my closet door when she's restless. I started letting her out of the room when she does this to avoid having to spray her all the time. Now she bangs on the closet door and uses it like a door bell whenever she wants to be let out. I accidentally taught her to knock to be let out.
You sound pretty wonderful :)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

BasicLich posted:

hosed up that some moths just don't eat though. Like they'll eat as a caterpillar but after they metamorphose they just fly around lights and gently caress

Teenagers

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I walk my cat on a harness and although we both like it the people around my apartment complex probably think I'm dumb as poo poo

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
How co would it be if you have lime a crayz pet like a big killer spider or a super cobra snale????

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Frank Frank posted:

Ok so I had to enlist my kids to help since someone had to shoot the video. All 3 dogs decided to participate. Lenny is the corgi - you can hear him in the beginning of the video but he doesn’t make an appearance until the end of it. Probably not the best demonstration of pig honking Sunday but you get the idea:

https://youtu.be/vhs_Kl_05cs

This was wonderful thank you.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

How do even you not get sick of being around you?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I sing stupid songs at my dogs.

I rile them up at the back door by yelling “WHO’S OUT THERE GO GETTEM!” before I let them out and they barrel out at full speed. There’s nobody out there

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I sing stupid songs at my dogs.

I rile them up at the back door by yelling “WHO’S OUT THERE GO GETTEM!” before I let them out and they barrel out at full speed. There’s nobody out there

lmao I love doing this

e: especially because even at full rile, meeting a stranger in the back yard would be met with "OH! Who this?! You got treats maybe?" and some tail wags

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 20, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Empty Sandwich posted:

this, but flies

See, this is a perfect use for a cat.

Caesar Saladin posted:

they are actually disgusting and lay horrible eggs everywhere and are covered in gross dust

wrongo you idiot

gary oldmans diary posted:

theyre the bug that makes people think all bugs are filthy

you too dumbo

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
moths loving suck

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I walk my cat on a harness and although we both like it the people around my apartment complex probably think I'm dumb as poo poo

If I could get my sister's cat to get in a harness without strangling herself trying to escape it, I would walk it too. That cat loves running around and it would be perfect otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Spinz posted:

You sound pretty wonderful :)

Why thank you!