Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Ginette Reno posted:

This year I was like I'm gonna get goaltending for real and make sure I have a solid set of goalies. And then I had like Carter Hart and injured Tuukka Rask

I thought I was set in net for the next year or two because I had Hart as a cheap keeper.

fawning deference posted:

I think my keepers next year are going to be Tolvanen, Devon Toews, Toffoli, and Shesterkin, all for something like $18. Fine with that.

I am closing in on going to the championship round, I hope!

Yeah, for that price, it gives you great flexibility when filling out your roster.

To be honest, I am surprised at this year's turn of events where Toffoli can be considered keepable.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm gonna keep Pastrnak, Boeser, Robertson, and then I'm not sure who to use my 4th on. Demko for one more year might be a steal. I have several cheap young defensemen as well in Dobson, T. Smith, and Drysdale.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm gonna keep Pastrnak, Boeser, Robertson, and then I'm not sure who to use my 4th on. Demko for one more year might be a steal. I have several cheap young defensemen as well in Dobson, T. Smith, and Drysdale.

In this league, I always favour taking goalies, just because it seems so hard/expensive to get them in the draft. Especially when it's $3 next season.

However, I am surprised you aren't keeping Tarasenko. That's a really good price for him next season. But I guess it's because he hasn't played much over the past two seasons, and he is also going into his age-30 season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

In this league, I always favour taking goalies, just because it seems so hard/expensive to get them in the draft. Especially when it's $3 next season.

However, I am surprised you aren't keeping Tarasenko. That's a really good price for him next season. But I guess it's because he hasn't played much over the past two seasons, and he is also going into his age-30 season.

Yeah I picked up Tarasenko exactly because of that but he's been a real disappointment this year, and he's getting older. Pastrnak and Boeser are more expensive but they're both cheap compared to what I'd spend in the draft on them. Robertson is gonna be $2. Like you said I'd probably rather take a goalie for $3 than another offensive player. And honestly Zuccarello and Dach are probably players I'd keep ahead of Tarasenko at this point.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
wish i had a time-travelling clone to tell me a month ago that my LSL season was probably going to end because i didn't acquire tyler bozak when i had the chance

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
code:
Goals Against Average Tiebreaker
Hughes Did This?	2.48676030
Ruff Ryders	2.49043029
lmfao

I am closing in on going to the championship round, I hope!

I'm so sorry

fitting my fourth ring finger as we speak boys

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 2, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Feel like my keepers are going to end up being Matthews at $117, Samsonov at $3, Byfield at $2, and Grubauer at $66. Spending a lot on Matthews/Grubauer might be worth it though.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wow so close TBone. drat. I was gonna say, maybe Blake Coleman has a good game and eeks me up in two categories but you have four guys playing today so RIP me. I had a great season.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Secured my 4th straight top 2 finish in LSL. Time to finish 2nd again and have my only win in that run be the fake COVID season where there were no actual playoffs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
my fantasy semis went the exact opposite of how i expected. thank you to the calgary flames for letting draisaitl get four assists yesterday, two of which were on empty net goals

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Wow so close TBone. drat. I was gonna say, maybe Blake Coleman has a good game and eeks me up in two categories but you have four guys playing today so RIP me. I had a great season.

yeah I sunday add scummed as usual sorry man

but also

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

yeah I sunday add scummed as usual sorry man

but also

I didn't even think of that, because if I had won this round, I wouldn't have wanted to go to the championship with Danny DeKeyser instead of Dumba or Toews.

It's also a tough loss because Blake Coleman actually did have a sick game for me.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

I didn't even think of that, because if I had won this round, I wouldn't have wanted to go to the championship with Danny DeKeyser instead of Dumba or Toews.

It's also a tough loss because Blake Coleman actually did have a sick game for me.

my last 2 or 3 guys are pretty meh so I don't mind adding on the last day (I did it last round too)

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Alec Martinez's one hit was enough to send me the finals in my league :hellyeah:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Gobias Ind. posted:

Secured my 4th straight top 2 finish in LSL. Time to finish 2nd again and have my only win in that run be the fake COVID season where there were no actual playoffs.

lol if u don't think you're going to win 11-2

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

lol if u don't think you're going to win 11-2

Feeling pretty good right now but much stupider things have happened than blowing a big Day 1 lead!

Draisaitl with 4 games against Vancouver could be 20 points and 60 face-off wins alone haha

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Think I've decided on my keepers being

Pastrnak for $86 (first time keeper)
Boeser for $43 (last year of keeper eligibility)
Robertson for $2 (first time keeper)
Demko for $3 (last year of keeper eligibility)

$134 is a lot to sink into keepers though, so I'm not totally sold. I also need to remember to pick up more Thug Stats and centers next season. I definitely had a brain fart at the draft and didn't draft as many hits/blocks guys as I could've, and I missed out on a lot of faceoffs, and it really shot me in the foot this year. I'm considering not keeping Boeser to keep someone like Stephenson instead just because he provides more utility stats.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Only one I know for sure I'm keeping is Zegras. I got Marner surprisingly cheap so he might also be worth keeping even with the increase

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i am definitely keeping schenn and barzal for $63 or whatever they'll be and i still can't believe i got them for what i did. undecided about my other 2 but farabee, sergachev, saros, and forsberg are all solid value

Gobias Ind. posted:

Feeling pretty good right now but much stupider things have happened than blowing a big Day 1 lead!

Draisaitl with 4 games against Vancouver could be 20 points and 60 face-off wins alone haha

you've been the champion of this league since the last month of the regular season and the playoffs are just a formality

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 6, 2021

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i am definitely keeping schenn and barzal for $63 or whatever they'll be and i still can't believe i got them for what i did. undecided about my other 2 but farabee, sergachev, saros, and forsberg are all solid value

you've been the champion of this league since the last month of the regular season and the playoffs are just a formality

Shouldn't matter but loving lmao at Koskinen giving up 4 goals on 4 shots and blowing up my ratios. If this matchup were closer I'd be losing my mind.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
jeremy swayman, my little angel

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
stop the count

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it'd be over if i had the stones to start bernier yesterday, but risking a potential blowup seemed disadvantageous

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

MacKinnon not playing last night was very unfortunate

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

corn on the cop posted:

it'd be over if i had the stones to start bernier yesterday, but risking a potential blowup seemed disadvantageous

https://i.imgur.com/1rFJvti.mp4

thank you to my best friends leon draisaitl, marc-andre fleury, and kris letang. jeremy swayman best boy

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
well played, I'll be your AGM in the Devils fantasy rebuild screed this summer

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm down with taking 3rd place

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

well played, I'll be your AGM in the Devils fantasy rebuild screed this summer

start by seeking out potential trade partners for zacha

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

:feelsgood:

Good season everyone! Special thanks to my FA pickup of the year, Alex Nedeljkovic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i had a really fuckin good final week too and i still got absolutely shithoused