Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think all of my keepers in HHL are still eligible but I'm not 100% sure

Edit:
David Pastrnak - $101-$121 (first time keeper)
Brayden Point - $3-$4 (I think this is his last eligible keeper season)
Kyle Connor - $18-$22 (second year keeping)
Thatcher Demko - $1-$2 (first time keeper)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think all of my keepers in HHL are still eligible but I'm not 100% sure

Edit:
David Pastrnak - $101-$121 (first time keeper)
Brayden Point - $3-$4 (I think this is his last eligible keeper season)
Kyle Connor - $18-$22 (second year keeping)
Thatcher Demko - $1-$2 (first time keeper)

Is it too late for me to change my keepers (House of Pasta) in HHL? I decided I'd rather keep Sebastian Aho ($81-$97) over Pastrnak next season. I did some thinking and in a normal season $121 is probably a fair price for Pastrnak, even injured to start, but I think with the condensed/shorter schedule it's probably better to let him go back into the draft this year. Aho should be keeper eligible.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ok updated keepers

Sebastian Aho - $81-$97
Kyle Connor - $18-$22
Thatcher Demko - $1-$2
Shea Theodore - $7-$9

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I got Barzal in the 10th round of my draft the other day because everyone else assumed he was going to pull a Nylander and hold out, I guess? Feeling pretty smug about that now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

Was this in the Set & Regret league? If so, I specifically did not draft Barzal for this reason.

It was not, but apparently you're not alone in that line of thinking. To be honest I hadn't really paid any attention to the Barzal thing other than that he wasn't signed. Maybe I would have been more gun-shy if I had.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it took 4 hours but I am reasonably satisfied with this team. Ended up with four Bruins but I guess there are worse teams to stack, and I really only took Studnicka because he's playing on the fisrt line until Pastrnak is healthy. Pastrnak and Tarasenko get put on IR immediately and there are plenty of good value players to fill their spots with, so we'll see who I pick up on waivers this week. I'm happy I got both of them even if they are on IR to start, it might hurt me a little bit this year but at those prices they'll be excellent keepers moving forward. Chandler Stephenson is a guy I was surprised no one tried to take from me. He's playing on Vegas' top line with Stone and Pacioretty and it sounds like that spot is all but locked for him.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 12, 2021

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
not sure why you'd be surprised that other people in HHL are aware of which players are good

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Yaya posted:

Meanwhile I'm here deciding if I just want to keep Zegras for the entire season even though he's in the AHL, just in case.

I think you're probably safe to drop Zegras, and I say that as someone who is a really big fan of Zegras. There are lots of good young players who might be stud keepers that are actually in the NHL already. Just look at all the players who got picked up on waivers today. It doesn't sound like Zegras earned a spot over anyone on their roster in training camp, and while he might get called up eventually, I don't think he's worth holding on to "just in case". If he does get called up maybe reevaluate then.

Honestly every year I get excited about someone who had a big world juniors and add them to my roster with the intention to keep and none of them have panned out. I think the last time I did it was Troy Terry.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 14, 2021

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
having the Canucks goaltending tandem really seemed like a great idea before the season started

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with Malkin in one of my leagues. He's gotten better the last few games, and he's not completely dead weight, but still not as good as you'd expect. But I also can't really justify dropping Malkin to pick up, like, Nick Schmaltz or something. That feels like a mistake.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That's not a bad idea. It's a league with a few friends and friends-of-friends so maybe I'll target one of the casual hockey-watchers.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was feeling pretty good about my HHL team (You're Aho) going into the season but it's turned out to be a huge disappointment. On paper I still think it looks like a decent team but I'm getting destroyed every week. Playoffs are not going to happen so I'll consider trade offers on pretty much anyone if you have interesting potential keepers to dangle.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Sorry I should have mentioned that Pastrnak is like 99% untouchable because
1. I'm a huge fanboy homer and
2. He started the season on IR which means I was able to get him for $72, which means I can keep him on my roster for less than what he'd likely go for in the draft another 2 years

fawning deference posted:

Make me some offers - I'm interested in Bergeron.

You don't really have any young/cheap keeper options that make sense to me. I am interested in are Heiskanen and Rantanen, but only if they still have keeper eligibility for next season, and I'm also assuming you don't want to trade either of them.

mentholmoose posted:

Similarly, I'd be interested in Bergeron and/or Pastrnak. My best potential keepers that I'd be okay with moving at the moment are probably Comtois, Samsonov, or Oettinger; if any of them (or most everyone else on the roster tbh, I'm open to discussions) interest you let me know.

Same note as above but for Stone. Samsonov is interesting too but I already have Demko for the same price and with the same amount of keeper-eligible years.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I made a list a few posts up of guys I'm looking to move if any of them interest you. I don't have Greenway anymore, but I do have Dobson for $2 next year that I would be willing to throw on the pile

e: lol you have Greenway now :shobon:

e2: Aho, Theodore, Zadorov, Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Demko are all guys I have interest in if you see anything that could center around any of them

Just looked at your other post and you have a lot of interesting options for me to think about, and I'll trade any of those players you're interested in (aside from Pastrnak). I might send you a request in the next day or two. Is there anyone else on my roster you like?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

We have gone back and forth on trade offers and I feel like we are close to something - do you want to counter? I didn't want to lose Tolvanen because I think I might keep him for $1 - he's putting up lots of points now and he's a hits machine.

Yeah thats exactly why I want him actually. Since I am not going to make the playoffs I am looking for cheap potential keepers. I'll send you a different offer.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Cool - yeah I don't mind dealing Heiskanen for the right offer, but Rantanen is not eligible to keep next year, so I don't want to lose two potential keepers in a trade - my team isn't doing well enough to do so.

Heiskanen isn't eligible to be kept either, I checked and he was drafted in 18-19 (by me, actually) then traded to the team you inherited which kept him for 19-20 and now 20-21

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Double post but I was also just thinking that one nice thing about this weird shortened COVID season is that it feels like the next fantasy season is going to pick up much sooner than usual. Kind of fun in a keeper format for it to just keep rolling like that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ah, got it. No worries, so yeah, I'll need some keepers. Just accepted your offer, though, thanks!

So I think what I'll probably do is keep Tolvanen for $1, Toffoli for $4, Shesterkin for $3, and one of my other two goalies as well.

Yeah thanks for the trade. I think it'll help put me in a better position for next year.

My keeper situation now is these two
Pastrnak for $86
Boeser for $43

plus some combination of the rest of these guys - basically whoever seems to be doing the best at the end of the year I guess
Tarasenko ($23)
Lankinen ($12)
Demko ($3)
Drysdale ($2)
Greenway ($2)
Dach ($2)
Ty Smith ($2)
Dobson ($2)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 28, 2021

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would keep both Kaprizov and Necas and drop Sorokin. Varlamov is still going to be The Guy as long as he's playing like he is and on a contract with the Islanders. Using a keeper slot on a backup goalie, even a super promising one, seems like a waste to me.

I kept Demko last year for the very same reasons but Vancouver's situation was/is a little different.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm gonna keep Pastrnak, Boeser, Robertson, and then I'm not sure who to use my 4th on. Demko for one more year might be a steal. I have several cheap young defensemen as well in Dobson, T. Smith, and Drysdale.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

In this league, I always favour taking goalies, just because it seems so hard/expensive to get them in the draft. Especially when it's $3 next season.

However, I am surprised you aren't keeping Tarasenko. That's a really good price for him next season. But I guess it's because he hasn't played much over the past two seasons, and he is also going into his age-30 season.

Yeah I picked up Tarasenko exactly because of that but he's been a real disappointment this year, and he's getting older. Pastrnak and Boeser are more expensive but they're both cheap compared to what I'd spend in the draft on them. Robertson is gonna be $2. Like you said I'd probably rather take a goalie for $3 than another offensive player. And honestly Zuccarello and Dach are probably players I'd keep ahead of Tarasenko at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Think I've decided on my keepers being

Pastrnak for $86 (first time keeper)
Boeser for $43 (last year of keeper eligibility)
Robertson for $2 (first time keeper)
Demko for $3 (last year of keeper eligibility)

$134 is a lot to sink into keepers though, so I'm not totally sold. I also need to remember to pick up more Thug Stats and centers next season. I definitely had a brain fart at the draft and didn't draft as many hits/blocks guys as I could've, and I missed out on a lot of faceoffs, and it really shot me in the foot this year. I'm considering not keeping Boeser to keep someone like Stephenson instead just because he provides more utility stats.