Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

T-Bone posted:

Hockiest Hockey League: (10th Season) :
Reigning Champion: Season suspended due to plague, Dumb and Dumba I guess?

How dare you rob me of my hard-earned asterisk.

e: also, I'm in.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Its been like 5 years since I thought about last season so I could be wrong about eligibility, but my keepers for Dumb and Dumba are going to be:

Cale Makar $49 -> $59
Anders Lee $2 (previously kept) -> $3
Mikael Backlund $1 (FA) -> $2
Elvis Merzlikins $10 (off waivers) -> $12

Pretty slim pickins.

e: Switching out Pageau for Kuemper
e. Switching out Kuemper for Merzlikins

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 8, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Changed my mind about keeping Pageau, going to go with Kuemper instead. Furious that I dropped Jarry a couple days before everything shut down (I think he was a free agent pickup), but moves must always be made.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

fancy stats posted:

Its been like 5 years since I thought about last season so I could be wrong about eligibility, but my keepers for Dumb and Dumba are going to be:

Cale Makar $49 -> $59
Anders Lee $2 (previously kept) -> $3
Mikael Backlund $1 (FA) -> $2
Elvis Merzlikins $10 (off waivers) -> $12

Pretty slim pickins.

e: Switching out Pageau for Kuemper
e. Switching out Kuemper for Merzlikins

Making yet another change, going with Elvis over Kuemper. Conveniently FAAB'd at the same price.

I am very good at making up my mind.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 8, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I, uh, didn't really go into the draft with any set strategy and kind of fell into one of bullying people out of mid-tier names (to get that sweet, sweet C eligibility) after I missed out on all the superstars. I think I did alright, but I'm going to need some folks to really overperform, because otherwise I'm sitting on a lot of good but not great guys.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 12, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

andy_social posted:

This was my first time doing an auction draft. I hope Stamkos doesn't break and ruin everything. It would have cost me $30 more to keep him so I'm telling myself it will be fine. I guess with this format an expensive player getting hurt is actually easier to drop than a cheap one who relatively overperforms.

Man, I think that's going to be an extremely strong team even if he gets hurt, Brady is so good in this format.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Absolutely furious that y'all wouldn't just let me have Suzuki for $1.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Oh, I get that the league is way smarter than that and I'm mad as hell about it.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

It appears that I dropped Domi at the perfect time

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I am beginning to think that more goaltending may not be the same thing as good goaltending.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Not my fault if none of these scrubs in net can win a faceoff to save their lives.

I actually thought I drafted a middle-of-the-pack lineup, but I think I'm learning the lesson that really Oilers should: maybe Koskinen shouldn't start every night.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Teemu Pokemon posted:

We probably should have thought about this before the season starts but we're all dumb

In a way, we're just being authentic to the actual league

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Between covid postponements, a couple injuries and Khudobin's refusal to shave his sideburns, I think Yahoo has me playing like 10 fewer games than genki this week, so uhhh, let's get weird with the waiver wire.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Man, I really should've checked how many possible starts I could've gotten this week, I think I would've missed the 3-game mark even if I kept Koskinen.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, he's got a big enough name that I think you might be able to offload him for someone a bit more useful.

Also, barring a last-minute dramatic stat change, I'm pulling away with a tie this week in HHL by the skin of my teeth, I will never disparage +/- again.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 15, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Well, Bishop being out for the season throws a wrench into my playoff goaltending plans.

Anyone interested in a cheap keeper for next season? He'd be either $9 or $3 to keep (not really sure, since I dropped him and picked him up again at some point this season).

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 14, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

my HHL team is a hilarious paper tiger. if draisaitl isn't scoring, then no one is

same, except without draisatl

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I'm pretty sure I named my team "pretty much san jose" a couple seasons back, which still feels right. Mostly solid regular season performances, consistently disastrous postseasons.

It only took a prematurely cancelled season to finally earn my first asterisk.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Another spring, another first round upset. Nature is healing.

In hindsight, relying on the Buffalo Sabres to salvage my season may not have been the best bet.