Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
unless i have any eligibility issues here (don't think I do) I'm going to have to rock with:

boeser: $30 -> $36
giordano: $12 -> $15 (waivers)
sergachev: $7 -> $9
weber: $1 -> $2 (FA)

really pumped to keep 3 d because all my forwards blow or cost a billion dollars

e: pretty sure giordano's cost is what i bid on him off waivers, not what he was drafted at by whoever dropped him, right?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Man of La Mantha
Budget $500
1. (19) Mark Scheifele (Wpg - C) $93
2. (31) Carey Price (Mon - G) $58
3. (34) Max Pacioretty (VGK - LW) $70
4. (57) Jacob Markstrom (Cgy - G) $54
5. (75) Filip Forsberg (Nsh - LW) $23
6. (77) T.J. Oshie (Was - RW) $20
7. (82) Brayden Schenn (StL - C,RW) $54
8. (84) Mathew Barzal (NYI - C) $51
9. (183) Anthony Mantha (Det - LW,RW) $6
10. (219) Zach Parise (Min - LW) $1
11. (222) Pavel Buchnevich (NYR - RW) $1
12. (224) Tanner Pearson (Van - LW) $1
13. (226) Ethan Bear (Edm - D) $1
14. (227) Denis Gurianov (Dal - LW,RW) $1
15. (277) Shea Weber  (Mon - D) $2
16. (278) Mikhail Sergachev  (TB - D) $9
17. (279) Mark Giordano  (Cgy - D) $15
18. (280) Brock Boeser  (Van - RW) $36
Unused $4

Really wanted to get in on the top level guys, but the yahoo mobile app is hosed for auction drafts, so I missed the first 15 or so guys. Dropped like (imo) $10 too much on Scheifele to compensate but whatever. Was hoping to get one of the autobid teams to grab Parise at the end but it didn't work out and need to drop him for a D. Really happy with Buch and Gurianov as my $1 fliers and Pearson is another decently-high-ceiling-for-a-$1-guy who I also wouldn't lose too much sleep over cutting loose for a hot WW add. I'm not too concerned about Carey after the long layoff last summer and the shorter season this year, hoping that he and Markstrom will get the lion's share of their team's starts in a not very good Canadian division. Forsberg and Oshie seem like a bit of a bargain at <$30, and Barzal and Schenn seem like they could have gone for a little more in a league with a $500 budget. Mantha at $6 could be nice if he doesn't get hurt (lol) and has blessed me with my 2021 rebrand.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I was targeting those guys to do the same thing, but after Barzal and Schenn went to me at (imo) a bargain, I blew all my cash and was just waiting around for people to fill out their rosters so I could grab my last guys from the scrap heap

fawning deference posted:

- I think I got Arvidsson for cheap - when he's healthy, he's a lock for a poo poo ton of offense.

There were a few guys in the last third of the draft that were going cheaper than they should and I really wanted to pounce on but ended up being a few bucks short because moose is a dink and bid me up earlier in the draft. Arvy was definitely one of them. I got him pretty late in LSL and am very stoked about it.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 12, 2021

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

I'd need to put a poll or something if we want to add IR slots, not sure it's fair to the teams that aren't having issues.

We probably should have thought about this before the season starts but we're all dumb

Also changing IR spots to IR+ is another thing we should have worked out, especially with covid restrictions

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

if anyone in HHL is considering selling yet and has any expensive/unkeepable players, I have a few guys with varying degrees of keeper value

Boeser @ $43 next year (1y left)
Forsberg @ $27 next year (2y left)
Oshie @ $24 next year (2y left)
Girodano @ $18 next year (1y left)
Weber @ $3 next year (1y left)
Greenway @ $2 next year (2y left)

some of these are obviously better value than others but I am willing to move any and all of them to make my middling team into something resembling a contender

e: i think the years left is accurate because the draft year doesn't count as year 1 does it?

e2: it does, fixed

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 1, 2021

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Lafreniere is on a 3 game point streak. It just so happens that for the last three games he has been on the first line instead of the 3rd. I'm sure this is just a coincidence. I expect Quinn to set it back to normal as soon as Panarin is back

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was feeling pretty good about my HHL team (You're Aho) going into the season but it's turned out to be a huge disappointment. On paper I still think it looks like a decent team but I'm getting destroyed every week. Playoffs are not going to happen so I'll consider trade offers on pretty much anyone if you have interesting potential keepers to dangle.

I made a list a few posts up of guys I'm looking to move if any of them interest you. I don't have Greenway anymore, but I do have Dobson for $2 next year that I would be willing to throw on the pile

e: lol you have Greenway now :shobon:

e2: Aho, Theodore, Zadorov, Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Demko are all guys I have interest in if you see anything that could center around any of them

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 23, 2021

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm mainly interested in those guys I listed but Connor, Zucc, and Forbort are guys that I would be willing to take back if it made a deal work. Greenway was also a guy that I didn’t really want to cut but was just the odd man out when I grabbed Wahlstrom, so I guess I would add him in with those 3 as well

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 23, 2021

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kucherov, necas, kaprizov, and fox for under $90 is very good, I would be happy with that

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i don't see any issue in non playoff teams trading for next year but yeah if you're still alive that's a little bush league

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Secured my 4th straight top 2 finish in LSL. Time to finish 2nd again and have my only win in that run be the fake COVID season where there were no actual playoffs.

lol if u don't think you're going to win 11-2

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i am definitely keeping schenn and barzal for $63 or whatever they'll be and i still can't believe i got them for what i did. undecided about my other 2 but farabee, sergachev, saros, and forsberg are all solid value

Gobias Ind. posted:

Feeling pretty good right now but much stupider things have happened than blowing a big Day 1 lead!

Draisaitl with 4 games against Vancouver could be 20 points and 60 face-off wins alone haha

you've been the champion of this league since the last month of the regular season and the playoffs are just a formality

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i had a really fuckin good final week too and i still got absolutely shithoused