Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2020-2021 NHL season, where bad taste gets blown up at center ice by no taste. Here's the same poo poo I post every year:

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues. All my dumbass leagues auto renewed which I hate because I like to at least gatekeep invites ever so slightly by having people confirm that they're playing by clicking an email and opening a few links. I might ask for confirmation or something for the people who auto renewed. Obviously with the HHL I'll need keepers from all players.

Goon Leagues
I only added the leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (11th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (7ish)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on 1/11 @ 7:30 pm EST
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: Season suspended due to plague, Eichel65 I guess?
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (10th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (4ish)
Live draft on 1/12 @ 7:30 pm EST
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: Season suspended due to plague, Dumb and Dumba I guess?
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

LOLHL: (14th Season)- Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (?)
Live draft on ?
Reigning Champion: ?
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Toe Knee Hand's keeper league (2nd Season) - Commissioner (Toe Knee Hand)
?

Aye Doc's no transaction league (2nd season) - Commissioner (Aye Doc) - Open Spots (8ish)
Live draft on ?
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/69144/invitation?key=fc3eef971786cd58&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=f6b80ed9f94ce757
Teams: 16
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, W, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, G, G
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Federal League
RIP DENIS LEMIEUX

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll try to get a list of ineligible keepers up ASAP for the HHL. Reminder that you can not have a player on your roster for more than three seasons and that keeper cost is last year's draft cost + 20% rounded up.

The auto renewal is really annoying for the LSL because I hate having inactive teams (at least with the HHL I can boot/replace teams that don't post keepers). I'm tempted to make everyone post here or on the league forum on Yahoo. Would that be too much in these trying times?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Maybe I'll just boot the teams who had like no activity in the LSL last year, that seems easier.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

Also, do you have a spreadsheet or something where it shows who is ineligible? I always find it difficult to figure out.

I'll put one together soon.

For those wanting LSL/HHL spots, for the LSL I'll need to go through and see if I need to boot any auto renewed managers, and for the HHL it will probably be based on who doesn't submit their keepers in a timely fashion.

Ugh auto renew sucks. I wonder if there's a way to cancel teams and resend the invites without everything getting hosed

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

The LSL/HHL drafts are real late; I have to be up for work at 4:30 in the morning usually, any chance we could move them to 7 or 8 instead?

Also I'm back in LSL as Roopin' on the Hintz and HHL as NYPDO Blues (at least until I change the names).

Yeah if that works for everyone else I can do earlier.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:siren: Alright apologies for this but I just deleted all the auto-renews and resent the invites. This will give me a better idea of how many opens spots I actually have for those interested in joining, thanks. :siren:

So please check your emails and renew!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Foehammer007 posted:

Send me invite again

what was your team name and in what league

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I should have like 5-7 spots in the LSL and 2-4 spots in the HHL so PM me your email and the league you'd like to join if you're interested.

They're both competitive and active but the HHL is a bit more nerdy given that it's a keeper auction league.

e: for the HHL if you're interested in joining you'll be given a previous team's roster to pick keepers from.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 28, 2020

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

How can I check what the dollar value of my players was last year so I can select keepers before Jan 2?

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/hockey/29455/draftresults?drafttab=team

if they're not on there it's probably $1->$2 (there were a few FAAB acquisitions where this wouldn't be the case though)

I'll send the invites to the people who pmed me soon, thanks guys.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ya.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
4 Spots in the LSL, 2 spots in the HHL.

e: I'll get the HHL ineligible list up asap

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 29, 2020

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I will take a spot in LSL if you'll have me. Haven't done a Fantasy hockey team in like six years but I want to get back in and my friends are lame.

Sent you an invite

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Starsfan posted:

if anyone needs a fill in player I will play :)

I can't promise i won't just draft forwards all the way down

3 spots in the LSL, shoot me your email in a pm.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

genki posted:

oh hay, it's Starsfan.

I'm still in for HHL, hopefully my team is still not claimed?

It is not, I just sent you another reminder email. Let me know if I need to send it to a different email.

So the HHL is full with Genki renewing. I have 3 spots left in the LSL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah those should be the draft times unless people have a major problem with them.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I haven't inputted any keepers yet so plenty of time. I'll try to get a list of ineligible keepers up tomorrow.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Got one slot in the LSL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ineligible Keeper List for HHL
Sean Couturier
Evander Kane
Claude Giroux
Mathew Barzal
Dylan Larkin
Brayden Point
Pierre-Luc Dubois
Frederik Andersen
Tom Wilson
Ivan Provorov
Gabriel Landeskog
Sam Reinhart
Rickard Rakell
Connor Hellebuyck
Alex DeBrincat
Blake Wheeler

:siren: Please have your keepers submitted in the thread or on the website by this Sunday :siren:

Reminder that you can keep up to 4 players and that the cost is 20% (rounded up) + their last year's draft cost. Here are the final rosters for last year: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/hockey/29455 and here are the draft results (with costs) from last year: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/hockey/29455/draftresults

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 6, 2021

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hirez posted:

I'll take it for old times sake, maybe I won't finish near dead last everytime except when I win because of punchmen

Sent, thanks!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Laine $54 -> $65
Kopitar $39 -> $47
Hintz $2 -> $3
Binnington $2 -> $3

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hirez hasn't joined via the link yet and we need an even number of teams to draft. I have (1) spot in the Long Stick League, draft is this Sunday.

e: Looks like Hirez should be joining tonight, crisis averted

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 7, 2021

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I need someone to take over a HHL team, anyone interested? Draft is Monday. I'll walk you through the keeper process.

e: Looks like boxc bailed us out, hooray

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 8, 2021

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:siren: Tomorrow is the deadline to post keepers. :siren:

You can keep up to 4 players at their cost from last season + 20% Here is the ineligible list (a player is ineligible if they were on a roster for 3 consecutive season without being exposed to the draft).

Sean Couturier
Evander Kane
Claude Giroux
Mathew Barzal
Dylan Larkin
Brayden Point
Pierre-Luc Dubois
Frederik Andersen
Tom Wilson
Ivan Provorov
Gabriel Landeskog
Sam Reinhart
Rickard Rakell
Connor Hellebuyck
Alex DeBrincat
Blake Wheeler

Link to last year's draft costs: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/hockey/29455/draftresults?drafttab=team

Link to last year's final rosters: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/hockey/29455/startingrosters

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Tomorrow is also the LSL draft! (730 EST)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Thanks everyone for being cool and submitting your keepers. Just waiting on boxc's and he'll get me them tonight.

You can view keeper costs here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/60803/draftresults Make sure I didn't gently caress up anything up.

:siren: Reminder that the LSL is tonight @730 and the HHL is tomorrow @730 :siren: (EST)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
code:
Boqvist Knows
1.	(18)	Tuukka Rask (Bos - G)
2.	(23)	Ilya Samsonov (Was - G)
3.	(58)	Mark Stone (VGK - RW)
4.	(63)	Ryan O'Reilly (StL - C)
5.	(98)	Timo Meier (SJ - LW,RW)
6.	(103)	Sean Monahan (Cgy - C)
7.	(138)	Nico Hischier (NJ - C)
8.	(143)	Kirill Kaprizov (Min - LW)
9.	(178)	Casey DeSmith (Pit - G)
10.	(183)	Thomas Chabot (Ott - D)
11.	(218)	Kaapo Kakko (NYR - RW)
12.	(223)	Jesse Puljujarvi (Edm - RW)
13.	(258)	Christian Dvorak (Ari - C,LW)
14.	(263)	Anthony Duclair (Fla - LW,RW)
15.	(298)	Esa Lindell (Dal - D)
16.	(303)	Adam Larsson (Edm - D)
17.	(338)	Brendan Lemieux (NYR - LW)
18.	(343)	Connor Murphy (Chi - D)
19.	(378)	Josh Manson (Anh - D)
20.	(383)	Owen Tippett (Fla - RW)
21.	(418)	Joel Eriksson Ek (Min - C)
22.	(423)	Nicolas Hague (VGK - D)
23.	(458)	Robby Fabbri (Det - LW,RW)
Feel like the 2nd half of my draft had too many reaches but eh its the LSL and you expect that. I would have liked to have gotten a little more proven offense (and another D producer) but I like my goaltending.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
4 hours later, the HHL draft finishes. Very entertaining draft as usual. Thanks everyone for being there.

FAAB budgets should be set ($100 + what you didn't spend in the draft).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
code:
Hughes Did This?
Budget	$500
1.	(18)	Victor Hedman (TB - D)	$80
2.	(32)	Jonathan Huberdeau (Fla - LW)	$60
3.	(42)	Tristan Jarry (Pit - G)	$65
4.	(55)	Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C)	$42
5.	(64)	Evgeny Kuznetsov (Was - C)	$45
6.	(92)	Logan Couture (SJ - C)	$18
7.	(106)	Alexander Radulov (Dal - LW,RW)	$19
8.	(123)	Brandon Tanev (Pit - LW,RW)	$9
9.	(147)	Kasperi Kapanen (Pit - LW,RW)	$14
10.	(186)	Calvin de Haan (Chi - D)	$16
11.	(188)	Filip Hronek (Det - D)	$1
12.	(210)	Casey DeSmith (Pit - G)	$1
13.	(218)	Brady Skjei (Car - D)	$1
14.	(221)	Adam Larsson (Edm - D)	$1
15.	(273)	Jordan Binnington (Keeper) (StL - G)	$3
16.	(274)	Roope Hintz (Keeper) (Dal - C,LW)	$2
17.	(275)	Anze Kopitar (Keeper) (LA - C)	$47
18.	(276)	Patrik Laine (Keeper) (Wpg - LW,RW)	$65
Unused	$11
Would have liked another real d-man, otherwise I'm pretty happy. Kind of annoyed I didn't bid up Gallagher and Meier and I think they'll be steals at what they went for (in the low $20s iirc).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The shortness of the season made for some interesting bids on guys out long term who will make great cheap keepers next year (Kucherov, Tarasenko, etc). I think it will be hard to stash guys like that given that there aren't many IR slots in the HHL, and that there is likely to be a lot of people going in and out of IR this year with Covid, but it's an interesting strategy.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'd need to put a poll or something if we want to add IR slots, not sure it's fair to the teams that aren't having issues.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
the war for four is back on baby

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I never doubted Pens goaltending boys, never once

e: also Laine was -12 last week alone holy gently caress

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Did they really set it by default that you could make trades in the playoffs? I'd rather not do that to be honest, seems pretty cheesy.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
code:
Goals Against Average Tiebreaker
Hughes Did This?	2.48676030
Ruff Ryders	2.49043029
lmfao

I am closing in on going to the championship round, I hope!

I'm so sorry

fitting my fourth ring finger as we speak boys

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 2, 2021

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Wow so close TBone. drat. I was gonna say, maybe Blake Coleman has a good game and eeks me up in two categories but you have four guys playing today so RIP me. I had a great season.

yeah I sunday add scummed as usual sorry man

but also

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

I didn't even think of that, because if I had won this round, I wouldn't have wanted to go to the championship with Danny DeKeyser instead of Dumba or Toews.

It's also a tough loss because Blake Coleman actually did have a sick game for me.

my last 2 or 3 guys are pretty meh so I don't mind adding on the last day (I did it last round too)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
stop the count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
well played, I'll be your AGM in the Devils fantasy rebuild screed this summer