Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I guess I'm just a bit of a masochist that also hates children but not in the superficial sense that I don't like them and don't want them around me I mean in the really hosed up sense that I think people should have like a dozen each to get abused in Catholic institutions to churn out more hate filled victims to continue the cycle exponentially until God says enough is enough and sends another flood which you'd think after everything we've done over the past millennium would have happened already but apparently the big guy has a massive threshold for what he'll tolerate which really makes you wonder exactly what kind of hosed up poo poo the pre-flood people were doing. Should we be barbequing babies instead of baptising them? Would that do it y'think?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Infinite Karma posted:

How is this a real thing? It's not the first time I've heard it, but... is it hard to imagine doing whatever you want on Sundays instead of going to church? Or not making your kids get taught things you think aren't true by priests?

I've obviously never had religion, but I truly don't get going through the motions, if you already did the hard part of calling the beliefs you were raised with bullshit.

That's a pretty common sentiment for people who weren't indoctrinated into a religion at a young age. If you can get to someone between 2-7 you can own their brain for life. It's literally part of who they are and the effort they would have to go through to fully undo it is just not practical for most people.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Das Boo posted:

As a kid in a Protestant family, Catholicism always seemed super witchy. All the black robes and chanting and rituals and worshiping mummified corpses and body parts by candlelight? Buncha witches.

Isn't there a church with a holy foreskin, or am I confusing this with someone else's mummy penis?

It IS witchy. Catholicism is the direct marriage between classical polytheism and Judaism. All of the other sects of Christianity are the children of that marriage and so contain more or or less of those classical pagan roots depending but the thing they're all birthed from is a meeting between the ideas of monotheism polytheism.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
hey guys so you're an open neo-nazi in 2020 so what's up with that?

This is a judgement free zone and please refrain from bringing up the history like the ethics and stuff of nazism this just a free place for people to chill and give their opinions.

Yes I'm directly associating Nazism with Catholicism. I just want to be very clear that I am completely aware of, and deliberate in making that connection. If you are a practicing catholic I personally view you as no better than a nazi.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's not though. It's totally fair.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why is a direct comparison not fair? Why is Catholicism as an ideology not open the same degree of scrutiny that Nazism is?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah and you're disagreeing with it. If I'm not being fair by making a direct comparison then why am I not being fair in doing that?

I guess if you just disagree and don't want to say why, then ok.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I personally know 6 people that were sexually abused as children in Catholic institutions. So take that "You're just being an edgy atheist" shitpost and shove it up your rear end. People are alive and walking around today that directly felt the incredible harm the Catholic church has done to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Schweinhund posted:

How many people have been sexually abused by teachers. Or boy scouts. Or foster parents. Are all those institutions equivalent to nazis too?

If the teachers union had a well documented history of covering up sexual abuse committed by teachers then yes they would be. Ditto boy scouts. Ditto any institutions related to fostering. Next?