Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

euphronius posted:

9$ for a hot dog in Idaho

Jesus Christ

so that's in ketchum idaho, which is right next to sun valley, there's ski resorts, celebrities and billionaires own a lot of property there, the property values are much much higher, but I do have to say that must be a loving good hot dog if its two bucks more than the burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

We've finally reached it, the end of the thread. God bless the forums, God bless President Trump, and God bless America :911:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My local Chinese buffet is great. It's been around since I was in high school, it's cheap, and it's got a huge variety of really good food. So I had to know, are there any negative reviews of this place?

A One Star Review posted:

Very rude, snooty staff! So tired of servers who are clearly Asian, speak broken English if any English, but have name tags like "Samantha" "Joan" etc... These buffets need investigated!

So I was curious and looked up the person who posted this review. They went to ANOTHER Chinese buffet about an hour away and had this to say:

A Two Star Review posted:

Food was decent for buffet. Sadly, the food was overshadowed by the Communistic treatment! We had to ask for refills on pop...no one was going to offer, this was I'm sure to save a few cents on any wasted pop leftover in the glasses. They have a policy plastered on their entrance...if you leave too much food on your plate, they charge you 20%!!!!! Um, the customer will decide what they can or cannot eat or want to eat!!!! Another customer next to us that had been there several times confirmed that they do indeed do this! Some at our table became paranoid about how much was left on their plates. This really dampened the mood. We felt judged every time a worker came around. On top of it, our server did not smile or come across as pleasant one time. Also, two of the workers were sitting at a table wrapping silverware in napkins. I witnessed the girls picking up silverware that had dropped on the floor and wrapping them into the napkins!

Sadly, the food was overshadowed by the Communistic treatment.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A Fancy Hat posted:

quote:

Sadly, the food was overshadowed by the Communistic treatment! We had to ask for refills on pop

Lol, incredible. The ideals our nation was founded upon, automatic free soft drink refills flowing as far as the eye can see, all thrown into the garbage just to save a few cents Communistically :negative:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

And although my local Golden Corral did not survive Covid, I'm still on a buffet kick and wanted to see what some of the last reviews for it were like.

One of the Last Reviews Before It Shut Down posted:

Steak at this place is hit or miss. Sometimes you get a good piece, sometimes they will butterfly your steak to cook it faster. Do these people even know anything about cooking steak?? That totally kills any chance of a juicy steak.!!! You might as well grind it up for sloppy joes! Man!... anyhoo, mashed potatoes are amazing, pot roast,and meatloaf are really good too.. but they consistently let things sit on their buffet too long.. you have to ask if they will replace it... so on aspect, they need a person to be in charge of quality control.. if they do that they will get more people in the door... they can save on steak costs if they offer hamburger sliders all day.. it's not rocket science.. especially on Tuesday when they offer 2.99 kids meals.. you want a kid to eat a half eaten slider then hit the chocolate fountain or a half eaten steak?? Also the place needs to hire more help.. always short staffed!! And the bathrooms are consistently horrendous!! You have to expect on a all you can eat buffet that the bathrooms are going to see a lot of action... they need to be checked every half hour by the manager.. there is a manager that has short brown hair and is a slender build that bent over backwards for a special request one time I visited, these are the stories people will tell over and over... you have to say that about the bad aspects of my review.., I've been in food service for 20+ years, I really know the ins and outs of the business... this restaurant can do better , and when they do , the profits will reflect that.. also, be more kid friendly, offer hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches every night , baked beans and apple pie too, you will be surprised how far that will go... a special discount for senior citizens that is above and beyond like a 50% discount.. seniors will be talking about it to everyone!! And make sure you accommodate them when they come... maybe offer a fresh newspaper to the men, and be very friendly and refill their coffee..

You have to expect on a all you can eat buffet that the bathrooms are going to see a lot of action

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
as a senior citizen, i feel their business would be more successful if i had a bigger discount and more free stuff

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol I am a restaurant business professional just offer me and my friends a 50% discount and a free newspaper.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Lmao

I love buffet reviews

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

A fresh newspaper and coffee for you, sir. And don't worry, the toilet is ready for you to completely destroy it after your first trip to the buffet.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
is that a 1940's themed diner or some poo poo, like who on this planet still has access to physical newspapers.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I had to look up more reviews from that guy. He has a ton of reviews, mostly all bad and most complaining about the price of food, the portions, or the waitstaff. His reviews are more like little stories about his day, what he was doing, what people were wearing, how he was feeling. Here's a couple little stories I found funny, since I can 100% picture how all of these tales actually went down.

local diner review posted:

December 8th around 10 am my wife and I had breakfast here. We were greeted by a young girl in her 20's brown hair lots of it pulled up to top of her head. She also waited on us. Rear of restaurant near fireplace area booth. Now I had ordered eggs over real easy, home fries cooked well. Now I asked them not to deep fry them. My breakfast comes, I have hash browns. eggs fried almost hard, Toast with a splash of butter on it. I'm assuming they have margarine completely melted to a liquid in a container with a brush in it. Now I have asked the manager to rectify this. If I wanted to butter my own toast by asking for more butter when the waitress came back i would have done it at home. Now if you read your slip back before bringing it to the table, wouldn't you see it isn't right?? So I tell the waitress what the issue is, she then brings back potatoes that were deep fried. This is twice now!! So she finally brings back my potatoes correct and I'm stuck just eating potatoes now instead of eating them with the rest of my breakfast which at different times of my meal were at different temperatures because they keep the restaurant brisk.the only saving Grace was a Pot of Coffee that sat on my table that stayed hot. And my wife looks at me with these Doe eyes and asks if I'm really going to give her a bad tip around Christmas? Jeesh can I get a break! I guess I'm a sucker. I've gotten good service here before, and I was hoping for a good experience this time. Mind you , I've had 20 years in food service in all aspects of the restaurant both front and rear of the house, so I'm pretty sure the waitress was to blame because she didn't bring to the table what was ordered, and it is her responsibility to take the information down correctly at the tables and double check that is what is on the plate before bringing it to the customers. She didn't look frazzled, nervous or look like she was having a bad day. She was cordial to the other tables she waited on, and didn't looked rushed at all. Now I'm not trying to be a hard a*s, but how is the server or management going to fix something if they are not aware of it.?

a pizza place posted:

I order their pizza because their crust is thick enough that the taste is good and it reheats well. I called and talked with the Manager "Linda" and explained why I was calling, and asked if they had someone New in the kitchen as my crust was thin. I told her why I order their pizza and had no issues with their flavor. She said " we weigh all of our crusts " which having over 20 years of culinary experience, I find hard to believe all crusts weigh exactly the same. You just don't have the time to stand there with a scale and add and subtract weight. It's eyeball at best , and since the delivery time was 1 hr and a half living 4 miles away, I know they were quite busy. When I called I got the automated message from Verizon when all incoming lines are busy, tells me they were hammered. Then the delivery driver also said they were so busy! So I wasn't calling to get compensated for the pie, I just know how valuable feedback is from working in a kitchen for so many years. Olive Garden being the last kitchen I worked in. Instead I Got a snooty Response from management! Like they were above making any mistakes like rolling out their dough too thin in haste because they were busy. She asked if I wanted them to come back and get the pie if it was uneaten, i said it was dinner time, of course I'm going to eat some of it. Now I offered to take a picture of the pie and it's thickness and send it to her, but she wanted no part of this. I'm sure most businesses have a email address.

Chinese Takeout posted:

I ordered my food from this place, I ordered it for take out... I usually order from Szechuan garden in greensburg, but as it is near the Westmoreland mall, and the Black Friday madness, I chose to go to Youngwood Asian star... I'm not a big vegetable fan, so I always order my food without. I ordered sesame chicken... the man taking my order repeated it back to me . So, my wife picked the order up, the sesame chicken arrived at my home with broccoli! So I politely called the Restaurant back and told them of the mistake. They said sorry, it is just a few pieces of broccoli, just a garnish, it was not!! Half the meal was broccoli. She said " well what do you want me to do about it?" I said" well what would you do if you paid for something you didn't order?" She said " I give you 2 dollar off" I said "if I sat Down at your restaurant, ate my meal and paid for it in half Canadian money would that be all right?" I told her my family works hard for their money, I'm sure your family does also. I cannot afford to pay for food that I will not eat. Just a principle thing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Jesus what an entitled sum bitch. That butter story is confusing as hell too. mad because his toast only had "a splash of butter" on it??

And lmfao that he worked at an Olive Garden

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I hate that man so much

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
So we're just not gonna talk about the turd in the middle of Hat's post, huh?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Wintermutant posted:

There was no caption on it but it was posted with another Golden Corral review. I have no idea what food it is, or if simply WAS food at some point.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wintermutant posted:

Always worth a reminder to doublecheck that you're monitor's power cable is firmly seated

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Jesus what an entitled sum bitch. That butter story is confusing as hell too. mad because his toast only had "a splash of butter" on it??

And lmfao that he worked at an Olive Garden

This is definitely one of those guys that orders off-menu items and says “well you HAVE potatoes here so I don’t see why I can’t have them the way I, personally, would prepare them.”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Manager "Linda", if that really is your name.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Brown hair and lots of it PILED HIGH.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

There was no caption on it but it was posted with another Golden Corral review. I have no idea what food it is, or if simply WAS food at some point.

In buffet-restaurant culture, it is considered complimentary to share with the management a photo of the hearty fecal results of their cuisine. We don't have to approve of their folkways, but we should respect them.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Hygiene posted:

Always worth a reminder to doublecheck that you're monitor's power cable is firmly seated

Walked right into that one :negative:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

Sadly, the food was overshadowed by the Communistic treatment.

I love my mentally ill country

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
More 1 star golden corral

quote:

Food was on the line raw. Made us lose appetite. Since I had already eaten, but it was packed and my son hadn't been able to get anything but sides. Asked manager Ashley for a refund for him. He lost his appetite after cutting into raw food. Wad quickly told we had "eaten enough and she wouldn't comp him." She refused to give her name and it's only through another employee I learned it. She said because she gets "stalked on facebook". I think she wanted to avoid any future confrontation, she wasn't wearing a name tag. When our "server" a great guy named DJ informed her of raw food she yelled at him, then finally had it removed. This has soured my opinion as a whole ok. This restaurant. My son ate nothing but a few sides and left hungry because they couldn't keep food on the line. Don't eat here. You may die and they won't care.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

AARD VARKMAN posted:

More 1 star golden corral

"Ashley seems concerned for her "safety," which is why I had to wait for her in the parking lot to get her license plate number..."

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

A Fancy Hat posted:

I had to look up more reviews from that guy. He has a ton of reviews, mostly all bad and most complaining about the price of food, the portions, or the waitstaff. His reviews are more like little stories about his day, what he was doing, what people were wearing, how he was feeling. Here's a couple little stories I found funny, since I can 100% picture how all of these tales actually went down.

a pizza place posted:

She said " we weigh all of our crusts " which having over 20 years of culinary experience, I find hard to believe all crusts weigh exactly the same. You just don't have the time to stand there with a scale and add and subtract weight.

I mean, they’re 100% just using some prepackaged dough balls from Sysco, right? I’d think someone who worked at Olive Garden for a quarter of a human lifespan could appreciate pre-portioned ingredients ready to be warmed up.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
A lifetime ago I worked at Little Caesar’s and we made our dough fresh and weighed it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

wesleywillis posted:

Honestly thats probably for the best.
The corn is probably covered with the worst kind of crap and the beans(?) are probably sauteed in the fattiest fat to ever fat.
BUT THERE VEGTABLES

General Bullshit > Americana.jpg: Sauteed in the fattiest fat to ever fat.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
i will not eat a vegetable, i will not be charged for a vegetable

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Americana.jpg: Made us lose appetite.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

drk posted:

i will not eat a vegetable, i will not be charged for a vegetable

I cannot afford to pay for food I will not eat (4 pieces of broccoli)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Americana.jpg: Made us lose appetite.

Americana.jpg: Don't eat here. You may die and they won't care.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

its... flamin hot cheetos taco egg rolls

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

And although my local Golden Corral did not survive Covid, I'm still on a buffet kick and wanted to see what some of the last reviews for it were like.

You have to expect on a all you can eat buffet that the bathrooms are going to see a lot of action

So... many... ellipses... one... massive... run-on... sentence...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

drk posted:

probably would

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

drk posted:

Shameful would

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Mirage posted:

Shameful would

gently caress that, I'm out and proud. Would eat then regret later and then go back for seconds.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'll have a greasy joe, extra grease sauce

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hmmm which flavor of vomit do I want to sample today