Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Americana. Americana never changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

When you think about it a burrito is a meat pie.

If you really want to stretch it then a corn dog is a meat pie.

I'mma come out and say it: a breaded pork cutlet is a meat pie.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

i need a new search term for americana places. I've tried every possible variation on "american restaurant" "family restaurant" "country kitchen" "mom's" "saloon" "line dance" that I can think of

Hog show

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Bring out the hellmans

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Both sides of family are from Detroit. Both sides left the city after the riots. It was really the triple whammy of rising crime, insane interest rates on loans/mortgages, the ability to get insurances, and some of the worst political leadership in the country that lead to the mass exodus from Detroit. My grandparents decided to move when there was a guy killed by automatic fire gun (either an Uzi or a Tommy gun, depending on which of their neighbors you believed) at one of the bus stops, and none of the cops would even show up.

After the riots, the cost to get anything done sky rocketed, and there wasn't really anything Detroit offered to make it worth staying, so all injection plants left for Dearborn, the concrete plants left for the Northwest, the scrappers, smelters, and forges either moved closer to the oceans or just lost their shirts altogether to a rebuilt Europe, Russia, and Japan, and we even lost our shipping yards to Chicago's much better planned management. Those were the fatal blows that made it go from a metropolis with a segregated populace to a Scooby-Doo ghost town. Continued mismanagement made sure Detroit stayed that way (with a handful of exceptions).

So you're saying Robocop was a documentary?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Are they boiling patties?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

would

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

I'll have two have a nice days to go and a glass of tap water.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

is frenching where you make chicken lollipops by like pulling the meat inside out? hosed up

Figured you for a tomahawk guy.

E: :synpa:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

I believe so. How'd he smuggle that into prison?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Outrail posted:

Is calling it a tomahawk inappropriate? Should we call it something else like axe handle or hatchet steak or something? Kinda joking but also kinda serious.

Ah, that's a good point actually. I have no idea. Tomahawks are axes/tools in their own right.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

</thread>

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Stunt_enby posted:

you are consistently one of the most weirdly aggressive posters on here (and that's saying something coming from me!!!!!)

Big beef energy.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Outrail posted:

How many Americans actually park in the garage as opposed to using it as a storage space for their junk?

You wouldn't leave a boner on the curb would you?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Not to interrupt song chat but I saw a tank driving down my suburban street. It said Sherriff's Dept. on it but I could tell it was hardened against IEDs.

I didn't take a picture because normal country.

Ah, someone didn't pay their parking ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

mmm... no. it's the thread for posting about Americana

Is that america's sister?